PDA

View Full Version : Detroit is Overrated

mavsfan1000
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Has anyone been watching Detroit this year? They struggle so much on the offense it is painful to watch. Billups looks like he lost a step. Mike James is gone and Arrojo sucks. Hunter lost a step. Campbell can't move except he can guard Shaq. This years team is not as good overall and will lose.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 09:32 PM
They can't shoot, except for the occassional hot streak. Miami is super dinged up and still detroit can't handle them.

Solid D
06-02-2005, 09:34 PM
The are inconsistent on offense. When they are hitting their shots, though, look out!

Miami is having something to say about Detroit's discombobulation.

You may be so used to watching the Suns v Spurs or Mavs, you are spoiled.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-02-2005, 09:38 PM
yeah, the thing is I don't want to play Miami if their defense is this good, I sincerley hope that the problems are just Detroit's offense.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
detroit in one game against Utah this year didn't score a FG in the 4th qtr.

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2005, 09:49 PM
The Detroit Pistons and The Eastern Conference for me are unwatchable period!
but like that old cliche goes until someone unseats the champs they're still the champs. i'm not endorsing them by any means, but i just can't watch them. watchin the grass grow in my backyard is more entertaining to me than they are.

T Park
06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
I dont think Miami's defense is that strong, and I dont think Detroit's is either.

Detroit allowed alot of easy shots from the Heat tonight, the Heat just loved to settle for stupid shots....

Hopefully Pop is concocting a plan up, Im sure he is.....

Chris
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Hopefully Pop is concocting a plan up, Im sure he is.....

The way the series is going it looks like he's going to have plenty of time!

E20
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Shaq played horrible.

20 and 5.

Tek_XX
06-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Miami is playing good defense, but Detroit is flat out sucking.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 09:30 PM
San Antonio is clearly the better team. Detroit was lucky to get past Miami. I don't know why Detroit isn't bringing up the same intensity as last year. I feel they are not as hungry for a championship.

MajicMan
06-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Detroit is a little overrated. They got a lot of credit for whooping a disfunctional Laker team last year but I'm really starting to believe we beat ourselves. The Pistons work well as a team but when that doesn't work the lack of a superstar on that team is really showing. Ben Wallace is really overrated.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
This year Detroit looks like the dysfunctional team. LAL wasn't able to take advantage of Detroits terrible transition defense. You have to run against them like San Antonio is doing.

ididnotnothat
06-12-2005, 09:45 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/Unnnnnn/snoop_nope.gif
"Pistons just ain't got it tonight."

Chris
06-12-2005, 09:51 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/Unnnnnn/snoop_nope.gif
"Pistons just ain't got it tonight."
:rollin

MajicMan
06-12-2005, 10:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/bigalsphotos/overrated.jpg

wildbill2u
06-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Maybe the Championship of the two best teams was held in the West Conference Finals this year.

Sense
06-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Detroit>Mavericks

GuaranSHEED36
06-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Making it to the finals two years in a row isnt overrated
winning a game 7 on the road to a team that has shaq whose never lost a game 7 in his career isnt overrated
Shaq guaranteed a title at the beginn of the year too
and so what if they had injuries? thats the worst damn excuse... do u want the pistons to wait for wade to heal or for shaq to heal? should the spurs have waited for rashard lewis to heal when they played the sonics

face it... the pistons are the 2nd best team in the nba and their not overrated
spurs do exactly wat detroit does but only better
SA is clearly the best team in the nba
you've gotten thru all ur series with a breeze... u have an amazing starting 5... great defense... a bench and the most under appreciated player in the league in manu who i personally think is better than wade

Spurminator
06-12-2005, 11:46 PM
This is stupid. They're in the Finals, and they're considered the underdog by most.

What the hell does overrated mean to you?

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 11:48 PM
face it... the pistons are the 2nd best team in the nba and their not overrated
spurs do exactly wat detroit does but only better

Suns would beat the pistons and a healthy Miami team would also. Seattle or Dallas would be an interesting series but Detroit is not great this year.

JamStone
06-12-2005, 11:52 PM
San Antonio is the best team in the NBA.

Everyone is entitled to thinking what they want. And, if you believe Detroit is overrated, that's great for you.

I'll take being overrated and in the NBA finals with a chance to win a championship than being a fan of an eliminated team on another team's message board with ZERO chance at the NBA championship.

At the end of the day, the Detroit Pistons are in the 2005 NBA Finals with the best team in the NBA. Phoenix, Dallas, and Miami are sitting at home watching or out on a lake fishing.

Using the "IF HEALTHY" theory is as bad as Detroit Piston trolls blaming the referees after each loss.

picnroll
06-12-2005, 11:52 PM
_allas is over rated. Pistons play tough D. Spurs are just on their game. If this was _allas Spurs would be winning by 30.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 11:55 PM
For your information Dallas actually played some defense this year. They just played some really good teams and were inexperienced along with our coach who made some bad decisions. Howard should've been on Marion and Harris and Daniels should've gotten some minutes.

T Park
06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
This is stupid. They're in the Finals, and they're considered the underdog by most.

They were picked by everyone on friday and today to win tonight, if they are an underdog, then they are a very happy underdog.

Everyone from Hubie Brown, to the dude that holds the microphone over the Spurs huddle is rootin for the Pistons.

T Park
06-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Dallas actually played some defense this year

uhhh, you sure bout that......

picnroll
06-13-2005, 12:01 AM
For your information Dallas actually played some defense this year. They just played some really good teams and were inexperienced along with our coach who made some bad decisions. Howard should've been on Marion and Harris and Daniels should've gotten some minutes.
Well if a Mavs fan wants to start a thread disrepecting a Spurs' NBA Finals opponent maybe they should do it on a Mavs' board. Otherwise they leave themsleves open to their team, a second round and out, being disrespected.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Well if a Mavs fan wants to start a thread disrepecting a Spurs' NBA Finals opponent maybe they should do it on a Mavs' board. Otherwise they leave themsleves open to their team, a second round and out, being disrespected.
Half of the playoff teams in the west can beat Detroit. I am not being bias. I just see the west is so much stronger than the east it is not even funny.

JamStone
06-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Detroit's record this year against ...

Dallas 1-1
Phoenix 1-1
Miami 6-4

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Half of the playoff teams in the west can beat Detroit. I am not being bias. I just see the west is so much stronger than the east it is not even funny.

Righhhht...

Who is this year's Erick Dampier to put the Mavs over the top?? :lol

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Detroit's record this year against ...

Dallas 1-1
Phoenix 1-1
Miami 6-4
You forgot Seattle and the game Detroit beat Phoenix was when Nash was injured.

JamStone
06-13-2005, 12:18 AM
You forgot Seattle and the game Detroit beat Phoenix was when Nash was injured.

Detroit's record against Seattle: 1-1

And, when Detroit played AT Phoenix with Nash in the line-up, Detroit had the lead late in the fourth, and ended up losing by THREE POINTS. Without Nash, Phoenix lost to Detroit by 14 points.

Does that prove either way that one team was better than the other? Does that prove that Detroit would have lost a seven game series to any of those other western conference teams mentioned?

Please, you sound like a delusional Mavs fan who is trying to reach for something that's not there.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Detroit would not beat Phoenix because they don't matchup well similar to San Antonio. Phoenix was on a losing streak when Detroit beat them and kinda hit a wall. I'm not saying that it is a guarantee that Detroit would lose but I would favor Phoenix especially and maybe Dallas or Seattle.

Sense
06-13-2005, 12:25 AM
_allas is over rated. Pistons play tough D. Spurs are just on their game. If this was _allas Spurs would be winning by 30.

Totally Agree.

JamStone
06-13-2005, 12:27 AM
You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Dallas was exposed in the Houston series. Rasheed has the height, length, and athleticism to keep Dirk in check, just as Tracy McGrady was able to do. Jason Terry needed to pick it up for Dirk, but both Chauncey and Rip would give Terry problems. I think Detroit would beat Dallas in a seven game series.

Phoenix-Detroit would be very interesting. I think it would be a toss up between the two teams, but I like Detroit's defense against Phoenix.

I personally feel Seattle played way over its head all season long. Shut down either Ray Allen OR Rashard Lewis, and that team is very beatable. Detroit could do that.

picnroll
06-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Dirk sucked in the playoffs. Talk about overated. A no defense, fade away, jump shooting clanker who bagged on his teammates all the while missing his own defensive assignments.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:31 AM
You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Dallas was exposed in the Houston series. Rasheed has the height, length, and athleticism to keep Dirk in check, just as Tracy McGrady was able to do. Jason Terry needed to pick it up for Dirk, but both Chauncey and Rip would give Terry problems. I think Detroit would beat Dallas in a seven game series.

Phoenix-Detroit would be very interesting. I think it would be a toss up between the two teams, but I like Detroit's defense against Phoenix.

I personally feel Seattle played way over its head all season long. Shut down either Ray Allen OR Rashard Lewis, and that team is very beatable. Detroit could do that.
Billups hasn't given anyone major problems this playoffs. Terry has more strength to handle Billups in case because he is more like a 1.5 guard. Detroit would not shut down Phoenix for sure because even San Antonio couldn't shut down Phoenix. Seattle is for real and gave San Antonio its toughest challenge even without Lewis and Radmanovic.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Dirk sucked in the playoffs. Talk about overated. A no defense, fade away, jump shooting clanker who bagged on his teammates all the while missing his own defensive assignments.
I'll admit Dirk should've done better. Playoff pressure does alot of things to alot of players and Dirk playing against great defense in a playoff pressure situation didn't get it done. Mcgrady has long arms and is 6'8 which gave Nowitzki the most trouble.

JamStone
06-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Billups hasn't given anyone major problems this playoffs. Terry has more strength to handle Billups in case because he is more like a 1.5 guard.

Even in these two lopsided Spurs wins, Chauncey Billups has completely manhandled Tony Parker. Have you not watched the match-up in these two games?

And, even if Jason Terry is 1.5 guard, he's still smaller and weaker than Chauncey Billups. Billups has at least an inch and about 25 pounds on Jet.

In their two matchups, stats:

Chauncey Billups
36 minutes, 7-14 FG, 24 points
38 minutes, 8-15, 23 points

Jason Terry
19 minutes, 2-8, 5 points
30 minutes, 2-10, 5 points

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:51 AM
I still don't believe that R. Wallace is the Dirk stopper. I could see Prince giving Dirk more trouble.

leemajors
06-13-2005, 01:12 AM
how exactly has he manhandled parker? even pop was giving parker props for his defensive effort tonight. billups went 6-14 tonight, while the manhandled parker was 6-9...

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Even in these two lopsided Spurs wins, Chauncey Billups has completely manhandled Tony Parker. Have you not watched the match-up in these two games?

And, even if Jason Terry is 1.5 guard, he's still smaller and weaker than Chauncey Billups. Billups has at least an inch and about 25 pounds on Jet.

In their two matchups, stats:

Chauncey Billups
36 minutes, 7-14 FG, 24 points
38 minutes, 8-15, 23 points

Jason Terry
19 minutes, 2-8, 5 points
30 minutes, 2-10, 5 points
I would think Josh Howard would do a good job on Richard Hamilton so it would be a close series.

Budkin
06-13-2005, 01:23 AM
I don't think the Pistons are overrated myself, they just ran into a better team in the Spurs. I think that Nike commercial sums it up best. "There is no urge greater than hunger. It will... devour you." On top of the Spurs suffocating Defense and arsenal of offensive weapons, they have that most worthy of intangibles, the hunger, the drive to win. The Pistons had it last year, but it seems like this year they just don't want it as badly. Maybe it's because they already proved they could do it. As for the Spurs, they got robbed last year with the whole 0.4 fiasco and are out to erase that memory. Just two more wins and they will be there.

MajicMan
06-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't think the Pistons are overrated myself, they just ran into a better team in the Spurs. I think that Nike commercial sums it up best. "There is no urge greater than hunger. It will... devour you." On top of the Spurs suffocating Defense and arsenal of offensive weapons, they have that most worthy of intangibles, the hunger, the drive to win. The Pistons had it last year, but it seems like this year they just don't want it as badly. Maybe it's because they already proved they could do it. As for the Spurs, they got robbed last year with the whole 0.4 fiasco and are out to erase that memory. Just two more wins and they will be there.

Robbed? I don't think so. Did Fisher close his eyes on that shot? Did he stumble? Rules state that you can catch and shoot with .04. Play reviewed and ruled good. That basket was what maybe took the heart out of your team but you still had a chance to win the series so please don't give me this robbed stuff.

Budkin
06-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Robbed? I don't think so. Did Fisher close his eyes on that shot? Did he stumble? Rules state that you can catch and shoot with .04. Play reviewed and ruled good. That basket was what maybe took the heart out of your team but you still had a chance to win the series so please don't give me this robbed stuff.

I'm not going to start another debate about 0.4. To Lakers fans, it was an amazing shot in their history that helped them knock the wind out of and ultimately vanquish the team that got in the way of their potential 4-peat. To Spurs fans like myself, we feel the clock was not operated properly (it is physically impossible to catch, turn, and shoot in 0.4) and the shot shouldn't have counted. I was merely trying to say that I'm sure it is in the back of a lot of the Spurs players minds and feeds their intense hunger to win it all this year.

MajicMan
06-13-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm not going to start another debate about 0.4. To Lakers fans, it was an amazing shot in their history that helped them knock the wind out of and ultimately vanquish the team that got in the way of their potential 4-peat. To Spurs fans like myself, we feel the clock was not operated properly (it is physically impossible to catch, turn, and shoot in 0.4) and the shot shouldn't have counted. I was merely trying to say that I'm sure it is in the back of a lot of the Spurs players minds and feeds their intense hunger to win it all this year.

So you're saying it's the timekeepers fault? Mechanical malfunction? Dude, you are really living in Denial Land if you think that shot was the deciding factor in the series. The shot was legal and we were the better team last year. It's a slap in the face to all Laker fans when you reach real deep down like that to come up with something that is even more improbable than the basket in question.

Budkin
06-13-2005, 03:01 AM
So you're saying it's the timekeepers fault? Mechanical malfunction? Dude, you are really living in Denial Land if you think that shot was the deciding factor in the series. The shot was legal and we were the better team last year. It's a slap in the face to all Laker fans when you reach real deep down like that to come up with something that is even more improbable than the basket in question.

Don't tell me you weren't involved in these debates at the time. I think it was the only topic on the boards then. And we are getting off topic. This thread was about whether or not the Pistons were overrated. And I was saying they were not. IMO, they could never be overrated after watching how they decimated the Lakers (the "better team") in the Finals last year.

MajicMan
06-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Don't tell me you weren't involved in these debates at the time. I think it was the only topic on the boards then. And we are getting off topic. This thread was about whether or not the Pistons were overrated. And I was saying they were not. IMO, they could never be overrated after watching how they decimated the Lakers (the "better team") in the Finals last year.

I was not involved in any .04 debates before. This is the first year we haven't been in the playoffs for a long time so this is the first time I have been on any board other than a Laker board.

You want to take cheap shots at the Lakers even though you guys were the ones sitting at home last year? I don't want to start because most Spurs fans here seem likeable and reasonable. You are the exception. We were the better team, we advanced. Just like the previous year the Spurs were the better team. If you were the better team you would have won the series.

Wallace ²
06-13-2005, 05:29 AM
The REALLY miss Corliss Williamson. Right now, they don't have a small forward that can come off of the bench because they left Carlos Delfino off of the playoff roster. Corliss was a matchup nightmare for any small forward in the league when he posted them up on the block. IMO, that is what the Pistons are lacking from last year.

JamStone
06-13-2005, 06:53 AM
how exactly has he manhandled parker? even pop was giving parker props for his defensive effort tonight. billups went 6-14 tonight, while the manhandled parker was 6-9...

Parker was ok on offense.

The FIVE FOULS on Parker is telling. Chauncey has shown in both games that if he wanted to go into the post, he could work Parker fairly easily. The FG % does not tell the whole story. Chauncey has outplayed Tony Parker so far.

Unfortunately for the Pistons and Detroit fans, all of the other Spurs have outplayed all of the other Pistons.

Rummpd
06-13-2005, 07:11 AM
Key point is Pistons have yet to beat Spurs when Duncan plays more than 5 minutes!

ambchang
06-13-2005, 08:02 AM
They were picked by everyone on friday and today to win tonight, if they are an underdog, then they are a very happy underdog.

Everyone from Hubie Brown, to the dude that holds the microphone over the Spurs huddle is rootin for the Pistons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/series?series=detsas
Other than the always anti-Spur-because-they-beat-my-ass-in-1999 Greg Anthony, most objective analyst picked the Spurs.
I agree that the sportscast crew like the Pistons, undoubtedly because most of them are out on the east coast, but most of them also picked the Spurs to win (as did Vegas).
The Pistons are playing much worse than I expected them to, but they are still the defending champs and deserve they respect they receive.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I was not involved in any .04 debates before. This is the first year we haven't been in the playoffs for a long time so this is the first time I have been on any board other than a Laker board.

You want to take cheap shots at the Lakers even though you guys were the ones sitting at home last year? I don't want to start because most Spurs fans here seem likeable and reasonable. You are the exception. We were the better team, we advanced. Just like the previous year the Spurs were the better team. If you were the better team you would have won the series.
I don't agree that the best team always wins the series. San Antonio had some bad luck and .04 deal. That basket shouldn't have counted so it would've gone 7 which is in San Antonio. The series would be up for grabs.

HULKAROCK
06-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Overrated?? They are the 2004 Champs and 05 E conf Champs. Do you actually think there is that much luck involved in the NBA to get them that far without skill? Pistons beat the Lakers last year, a task the Spurs couldn't get done.. I'll be the first to say that as a fan of the Pistons, nobody knows what the hell they are doing. They look like a 3rd rate high school team. If the gms were close, I'd be happy to turn over the title. But they're not. I'm lucky my TV weighs 500 lbs becaus it would have been through the window last night if it didn't.. My credit goes to S/A..

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:29 PM
If Detroit wins 2 games in this series I won't call them overrated but I have a feeling that Detroit will be no problem for San Antonio.

MajicMan
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't agree that the best team always wins the series. San Antonio had some bad luck and .04 deal. That basket shouldn't have counted so it would've gone 7 which is in San Antonio. The series would be up for grabs.

Shouldn't have counted? The Spurs and the Lakers have a legitimate discussion here. Don't hate because your team sucks. Prove to me the shot didn't count and maybe I'll believe you, otherwise the shot was proven to be good. Lmao @ the Dallas hater. Dallas, what have you guys won lately?

NoMoneyDown
06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm lucky my TV weighs 500 lbs becaus it would have been through the window last night if it didn't.. My credit goes to S/A..

:lmao

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 12:33 PM
I looked at the tape in slow motion and saw the clock wasn't moving when Fisher caught the ball. That is the only way you can tell. I would say between .02 to .03 seconds were not counted.

MadDog73
06-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Bottom line, there is no guarantee the 2004 Spurs could have beaten Detroit last year. These 2005 Spurs are deeper than last years Spurs (Rasho, our starting center last year, is now on the bench!), and Manu & Tony have improved tremendously.

I don't think Detroit is overrated... I think the Spurs are underrated!

sickdsm
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
The pistons were down 3-2 and a hurt jason Kidd stopped NJ's chances last year.
The pistons were down 3-2 and a hurt Shaquille stopped Miami's chances this year.

Luck of the injuries, much like the wolves had the misfortune's of getting injured.

.4 is a mute point for laker fans because in a perfect world cassell would've outed you like a biker gang to a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy cast member.

Marklar MM
06-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Injuries this year are a moot point in this years playoffs. Each team the Spurs and Pistons played except for the 1st round had injuries to major players.(Shaq, Wade, Radmanovic, Lewis, J.Johnson)

Likewise, the Pistons and Spurs have had injuries to major players.
(Duncan's ankles, Rip's leg, Ben's jaw after getting nailed by Shaq's elbow...ok, that was not an injury, but you can tell it hurt)

td4mvp21
06-13-2005, 02:19 PM
The pistons were down 3-2 and a hurt jason Kidd stopped NJ's chances last year.
The pistons were down 3-2 and a hurt Shaquille stopped Miami's chances this year.

Luck of the injuries, much like the wolves had the misfortune's of getting injured.

.4 is a mute point for laker fans because in a perfect world cassell would've outed you like a biker gang to a Queer Eye for the Straight Guy cast member.

That is really the only reason minnesota didn't win it last year. Detroit was good, but Minnesota could have given them a good run for their money. Cassell unfortunately got injured. He was the unspoken MVP all year and through the playoffs. 2 40 point games from a 34 year old guard? Thats good. They would have beaten the Lakers, but hey injuries happen. He got injured again this year and that is probably why the Twolves sucked.

Spurminator
06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Health is part of the game. The Playoffs are 2 months long... there are bound to be health issues.

No NBA Champion in recent memory has ever won a Championship without playing some injury-affected teams along the way... or teams that made it past injury-affected teams.

MajicMan
06-13-2005, 02:51 PM
That is really the only reason minnesota didn't win it last year. Detroit was good, but Minnesota could have given them a good run for their money. Cassell unfortunately got injured. He was the unspoken MVP all year and through the playoffs. 2 40 point games from a 34 year old guard? Thats good. They would have beaten the Lakers, but hey injuries happen. He got injured again this year and that is probably why the Twolves sucked.
If the Queen had balls she would be the King. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Injuries are part of the game. There are no guarantees if a player comes back he would have been the difference. We didn't have Malone but I'm not using that as an excuse. No excuses, we got a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin.

BillsCarnage
06-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe the Championship of the two best teams was held in the West Conference Finals this year.

Yes it was, if you base it on win margin. If the pace w/Detroit holds up, the Spurs toughest opponent will have been the Suns. The margin of victory in the 4 wins was a mear 7pts per game. The next closest was Seattle at 12+.
Most of the games against the Suns came down to the last 5min or so when SA stepped it up a notch and hit the big shots, while the Suns missed.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Detroit would be lucky to get out of the first round in the west.

BillsCarnage
06-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Key point is Pistons have yet to beat Spurs when Duncan plays more than 5 minutes!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

mookie2001
06-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes it was, if you base it on win margin. If the pace w/Detroit holds up, the Spurs toughest opponent will have been the Suns. The margin of victory in the 4 wins was a mear 7pts per game.

yeah the suns were SO good, the Sonics only won 100% more games vs the spurs these playoffs

BillsCarnage
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM

The better team will ALWAYS win in a seven game series.

samikeyp
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
that should be amended...the team that is playing better will always win the series. Otherwise if the better team always won...there would be no upsets.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
The better team will ALWAYS win in a seven game series.
90-95% of the time that is correct but I can think of 2 series that should've gone to the other team. Kings vs. Laker 2002 and Spurs vs. Lakers 2004. Ironically the Lakers get all the luck.

MajicMan
06-13-2005, 03:33 PM
90% of the time that is correct but I can think of 2 series that should've gone to the other team. Kings vs. Laker 2002 and Spurs vs. Lakers 2004. Ironically the Lakers get all the luck.
Yeah it's all luck. The Mavericks don't have any luck. They just suck. They have a overhyped 7'1" jumpshooting big man that is soft as cookie dough and doesn't play defense. Mavs have a billionaire owner who looks like a serial rapist who has all the money in the world yet can't buy himself a championship. Don't even start with the Lakers since you guys haven't done anything in ages. You can't even compare with the Lakers so maybe you should stick to maybe arguing with Phoenix fans or Sonics fans.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah it's all luck. The Mavericks don't have any luck. They just suck. They have a overhyped 7'1" jumpshooting big man that is soft as cookie dough and doesn't play defense. Mavs have a billionaire owner who looks like a serial rapist who has all the money in the world yet can't buy himself a championship. Don't even start with the Lakers since you guys haven't done anything in ages. You can't even compare with the Lakers so maybe you should stick to maybe arguing with Phoenix fans or Sonics fans.
Oh by the way how was the real rapist doing. Mr Kobe Bryant who bribed his way out of jail and sent Shaq packing. :lol

1Parker1
06-13-2005, 03:40 PM
I looked at the tape in slow motion and saw the clock wasn't moving when Fisher caught the ball. That is the only way you can tell. I would say between .02 to .03 seconds were not counted.

There was more than .4 sec on the clock. When TD put in his miracle shot, the timer didn't stop on time. That really should have been around .7 seconds as it is. Anyways, the past is in the past. Get over it, I almost am :)

As to the Pistons being over-rated, how can the defending champs, two time EC champs, and a team who now has a chance to repeat their title be over-rated? Sure Pistons looked like crap the first 2 games, but I don't expect that trend to continue. They are a solid team who is looking bad right now because the Spurs are beating them at their own game and doing a better job at it. Their problem is their bench--which they have none. Their starting 5 is one of the best starting 5 in the NBA. Name me 3 other teams (Aside from Spurs) who have a better starting 5 than the Pistons? Only the Suns come to mind, however, they don't play defense so maybe they shouldn't count...

2centsworth
06-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Thank God for excuses because almost everyone has a legitimate claim to the title with excuses.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh by the way the Fakers finished behing the Clippers. :lol

5ToolMan
06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
What game were you watching? Parker owned Billips in the first half of game 2. When Billips finally got his 10 minutes of glory in the second half after the game was already decided, it was mostly Beno guarding him, as Tony was on the pine.

5ToolMan
06-13-2005, 04:49 PM
The shot was broken down frame by frame and sent to the league office as evidence on the protest filed. According to inside reports from the Spurs office, the shot took .68 seconds to get off. At the time, Pop and the Spurs accepted ... and expected ... the rulling as it came down. The league stood by the Zebras ruling on the court, but only on a review confirming that the shot was out of Fisher's hands before the lights went off. The possible starting of the clock early was not ruled upon, as it was said to be part of a human error outside the Zebra's authority. As part of the protest, the Spurs contented that the Zebras should have waved off the basket as a judgement call without even revewing the shot. They argued that since it was clear that .4 seconds was not enough time to get off the shot in the manner that Fisher did, it should have been waved off without review.

Hmmm. According to league rule, a player can only tip in a ball with .03 seconds remaining because break down of film demonstrates it is physically impossible to perform any type of catch and shoot and actually get the shot off. But if the play can send the Lakers to the Finals, .04 seconds is clearly enough time for the Lakers player to catch the ball with his back to the basket, spin, fake, elevate and still get the shot off. Yea right

I find it ironic, and perhaps telling that faced with simular situation in a Spurs/Griz game this year, the Zebras and the NBA appeared to change their stance on how this type of situation should be handled.

In a game near the end of the year Javie refused to review film to wave off a "Walk Off Hoop" the Griz made, even though it was clear the shot came after the lights had went off. In that case, it was just as clear, the clock started too early. It appeared the time keeper started the clock on an earlier fake, and not when the Griz player actually caught the ball. In this case, Javie refused to review the tape. He stated it was his judgement that the shot would have been made in time, if the clock was started correctly.

rr2418
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't think the Pistons are overrated. They have been beaten by a good Spurs team playing at home. I'm just worried about game 3! To me, this game is another "must" win for the Spurs.