PDA

View Full Version : Do yall think the D will be back in the Playoffs?

Spursnlego
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Because right now it's pretty sad.
My first thread...

wontstartdumbthreads
03-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Because right know its pretty sad.
My first thread...

Who is "the D"?

Spursnlego
03-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Who is "the D"?

Defense

Libri
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Who is "the D"?

The one between the C and the E.

jay_shs
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
D will will not be back for the playoffs this year.
It's kind of sad, how poorly the Nets are doing and all.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-16-2011, 05:10 PM

What do you think of the possibility of trading TP for D at the end of this season? It would put TP closer to NY and allow D to play in the WC again. Possibly helping the Spurs earn HCA, win the WCF, and eventually win another NBAC.

Cessation
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
No.

Spursnlego
03-16-2011, 05:21 PM

Sorry, should have been more specific.
The Spurs defense...

Libri
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Sorry, should have been more specific.
The Spurs defense...

They're just messing with you. :toast

20beastie45
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
D need will get help in a couple of years. but they will go through some growing pains!

20beastie45
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
In all seriousness, are "D" will be fine if certain adjustments are made.

I'm more worried about toughness! since we can't do anything about our length issue!

03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
when was it ever here?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2011, 05:40 PM
when was it ever here?

I high fived it when it was on its way out back in 2008.

beachwood
03-16-2011, 05:44 PM
If it doesn't show consistently from here to the end of the regular season, then no.

easy7
03-16-2011, 05:50 PM
"D" will get a first round exit in the playoffs if Jason Terry continues to brick it up during cruch time. Nice first post btw. :hat

Dex
03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
This team may be able to bring the focus to the playoffs, but that won't be enough to turn them into a defensive juggernaut overnight.

Right now, the Spurs are what they are. They are decent enough defensively to cause some problems and disrupt the occasional offense, but they aren't going to lock many teams down for 48 minutes. That puts an increased pressure on the offense which, while perhaps more capable than ever, still is predicated upon shooters making shots.

Long story short: Spurs would do best to get their shooting woes out of their system before the playoffs start if they expect to go very deep.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2011, 05:55 PM
It's not just about shooting woes, the Spurs were defended very well. They are only gonna hit their 3's if they are wide open. The playoffs aren't going to allow a lot of open shots, especially in the later rounds.

The Spurs need something to hang their hat on, but they don't even have that going for them. They also have completely stopped pushing the tempo, which has rendered RJ even more useless.

rascal
03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
The intensity will be better but the roster is still lacking the needed size/athleticism combination for strong post defense and without that you can only be so good defensively.

Seventyniner
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd expect to see better D and rebounding due to increased minutes for the starters (counting McDyess as a starter), mainly due to Duncan's minutes going from 28 to 36 or so.

And yes, I do think Duncan can play 36 minutes a night for a stretch of 20-25 games. He won't be happy when it's over, but he can do it. Same goes for McDyess playing 30-32.

Reggie Williams
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Thats like asking if Bonner will average 20 points per game in the playoffs.

PBEEZY
03-16-2011, 06:36 PM
If they don't we fucked

coyotes_geek
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
If the Spurs haven't shown the ability to play 48 minutes of Spurs D this far into the regular season, I don't see why we should expect it to magically show up for the playoffs. The Spurs have shown that they can play Spurs D for short stretches within games. Depending on when those stretches occur, and what's happening with the offense at that point, the Spurs have the potential to play just enough D to get it done.

benefactor
03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I will answer your question if you answer mine...is a zebra a black horse with white stripes or a white horse with black stripes?

ManuBalboa
03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
I expect it to be a lot better, but it won't be growing anytime soon.

tdunk21
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/jmcdonald_saen

Most of the focus was on defense. Real talk from Tony Parker: "The way we are playing now, it will be a quick exit in the playoffs." #spurs

Spursnlego
03-16-2011, 08:12 PM
I will answer your question if you answer mine...is a zebra a black horse with white stripes or a white horse with black stripes?

I don't know.
do you?:grim:

PublicOption
03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
don't anybody worry, 4 down comes back to the playoffs.

bet on it.

PublicOption
03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
spurs =

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/imagesource/imagesource0809/imagesource080901167/3515171.jpg

BadOne
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Benefactor with the goods!

Capt Bringdown
03-16-2011, 10:21 PM
The Spurs need something to hang their hat on, but they don't even have that going for them. They also have completely stopped pushing the tempo, which has rendered RJ even more useless.

Despite our record, how different are we from last year's team?
We got health, HCA (hopefully) and Neal. Both Hill & RJ seem to be regressing. Blair has improved, but IMO he's still a gimmick and not a serviceable big.

So is it wise to try to use the remaining time to resume playing with the kind of urgency that we had coming out of the gate, or should we save it for the playoffs? I'm less inclined to believe that the Spurs can produce magic at the flip of a switch, so I wouldn't mind us spending some energy to improve now.

Sean Cagney
03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
We got health, HCA (hopefully) and Neal. Both Hill & RJ seem to be regressing. Blair has improved, but IMO he's still a gimmick and not a serviceable big.

So is it wise to try to use the remaining time to resume playing with the kind of urgency that we had coming out of the gate, or should we save it for the playoffs? I'm less inclined to believe that the Spurs can produce magic at the flip of a switch, so I wouldn't mind us spending some energy to improve now.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2011, 11:34 PM

I agree, the Spurs need to stay sharp. I know these are still regular season games, but the last thing you want to do is to give your rivals confidence. The Spurs have two key games coming up with the Mavs and Celtics. Gettings wins in both of those would be a great boost heading into the playoffs.

DJ Mbenga
03-16-2011, 11:36 PM
It's called defense! It's in the dictionary!!! Under D-E-F, E-N,S-E

Hoops Czar
03-16-2011, 11:39 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/jmcdonald_saen (http://twitter.com/#%21/jmcdonald_saen)

Manu, Pop, and now Tony have all said it and they can continue to say it til the cows come home. It means nothing because they don't have the defenders to do anything about it. The Spurs are going to need a lot of favorable matchups come playoff time.... OKC, Dallas and Boston. Any matchups other than that, and you can kiss the Championship goodbye.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Manu, Pop, and now Tony have all said it and they can continue to say it til the cows come home. It means nothing because they don't have the defenders to do anything about it. The Spurs are going to need a lot of favorable matchups come playoff time.... OKC, Dallas and Boston. Any matchups other than that, and you can kiss the Championship goodbye.

LOL you kissed yours bye bye in 07, vs the Spurs.... WHY DO YOU TALK SO MUCH IN HERE? I know objective bball fan, but you spew alot of hate and shyt, your team is garbage and has been so.

Leonard Curse
03-17-2011, 12:47 AM
lmao all of a sudden were going to get defensive?????? listen spurs fans weve become another team that preaches defense to the media but plays mike D'ant. defense when were on the court. i dont give a shit what pop says anymore his word really doesn't hold much value these days he's lied to fans time and time again so what signs do we have pop is defensive? NONE

in fact we have signs of him signing 20 guards this season and no centers or bigs whatsoever! yet no worries well be fine we have a million guards, i think he wants to do away with big athletic 7fter all together lol its called pop genocide hahahah bonner is the new evolved pop player everyone should have on their team

jay_shs
03-18-2011, 04:05 AM
DJ Mbenga FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU, you stretched mah page.! :|

tuncaboylu
03-18-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't think, I'm sure about it.