PDA

View Full Version : Don't underestimate a healthy Manu

Calispursfan11
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
If Manu is healthy, I believe we can contend with anyone this season and have a great shot at reaching and winning the finals. Even Spurs fans routinely underestimate how good this guy is. Here are just a few quotes that describe how good Manu is:

"The word clutch has become synonymous with Kobe Bryant but it’s an undeserved association. Yeah, you guessed it, Manu’s the real heir to the last minute throne. Forbes did a study chronicling the top players in the last five minutes of a game including overtime. It wasn’t even close. Manu topped the list and shoots lights out at a 57.4% clip. Your boy Kobe? 44.8%. Do I have your attention yet?"
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/slamonline-top-50/2009/09/top-50-manu-ginobili-no-29/

"The Spurs sit at 35-6 as I write this and no one is more responsible for their surprising start than a healthy, finally-starting Manu Ginobili. In a year where Spurs great Tim Duncan has been limited to just 29-minutes per game Manu has acted as the unpredictable, dynamic, shooting guard-version of Steve Nash for San Antonio on offense and a ball-hawking terror on defense." http://www.poundingtherock.com/2011/1/18/1941534/the-sports-jury-manu-ginobili-over-kobe-bryant-this-year-i-say-yes

"Not many players in the league can hang with Ginobili's production.

Not anymore. This season, it's the Manu Ginobili show. The sneaky southpaw leads the team in scoring at 20.6 points per game, but even that understates things. Ginobili's usage rate this season has climbed all the way to 28.0, the sixth-highest figure in the league.

This has escaped people's attention because Ginobili only plays 31.5 minutes per game. But to see how much he's getting the rock, and how productive he's been when he's had it, let's compare Ginobili's per-40-minute stats to those of another prominent player: Kobe Bryant.

You think he can't hang? Guess again. Kobe averages 29.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 5.7 assists per 40 minutes; Manu gets 26.2, 6.4 and 5.9."

- Quote from 08 Hollinger Article -

"That’s a bad boy right there. I have so much respect for his game. He’s an incredible competitor. I enjoy playing against him. He’s a fantastic two-guard.”

- Kobe Bryant -

SA210
03-16-2011, 09:03 PM
:tu

kuato
03-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Nothing new to me.

igruex
03-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Let's hope playoff Manu is closer to first half of the season Manu rather than the 2nd half one.

Hoops Czar
03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry, Ginobili is night and day in the playoffs. He still has the potential to put up big numbers from time to time but consistency is a huge problem. From 35 points in one game to 10 in the next.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2011, 09:43 PM
nice troll attempt

Hoops Czar
03-16-2011, 09:46 PM
nice troll attempt

Suck it up... the truth hurts.

Calispursfan11
03-16-2011, 09:51 PM
If Manu is healthy, he will be better than first half Manu. He is pacing himself and lulling us into a false sense of insecurity. While many regular season heroes wilt in the post-season, Manu will thrive. He was born for the playoffs. Believe.

DJ Mbenga
03-16-2011, 11:34 PM
this guy cant stay at a high level playing more than 35 min a game. guess how many he'll need to play in the playoffs? pop better rest him for a week.

Sean Cagney
03-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Suck it up... the truth hurts.

Lebron leaving yall hurt alot worse! But you are still here talking trash when your team is in the lottery once again and done for years! You talk alot of shyt for a fan of one of the worst teams out there bruh. Still burns I bet.

Calispursfan11
03-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Sorry, Ginobili is night and day in the playoffs. He still has the potential to put up big numbers from time to time but consistency is a huge problem. From 35 points in one game to 10 in the next.

Do not doubt Obi Wan Ginobili my son, but instead, renounce Lebron!

Hoops Czar
03-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Lebron leaving yall hurt alot worse! But you are still here talking trash when your team is in the lottery once again and done for years! You talk alot of shyt for a fan of one of the worst teams out there bruh. Still burns I bet.

I feel like I'm talking to a real intellectual pinhead. You must be pretty thick skulled to think anything less than a championship is a win. Cleveland may be lottery bound, but a potential no. 1 draft pick is better than slopping it up in the playoffs and finishing up a glorious season with a quick second round exit, although I'm being a bit presumptuous with that prediction. The Cavs are surely a punching bag to the leagues elite but remember this in two years, what goes around comes around.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2011, 01:45 AM
I feel like I'm talking to a real intellectual pinhead. You must be pretty thick skulled to think anything less than a championship is a win. Cleveland may be lottery bound, but a potential no. 1 draft pick is better than slopping it up in the playoffs and finishing up a glorious season with a quick second round exit, although I'm being a bit presumptuous with that prediction. The Cavs are surely a punching bag to the leagues elite but remember this in two years, what goes around comes around.

LOL this draft sucks pretty much man, enjoy that #1 pick bruh bruh!! You guys are not shyt you pinhead idiot loser team fan.

What franchise pick you idiots getting there? HAHHAHA NOBODY.