PDA

View Full Version : OKC may be the 2nd best team in the West

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I know everyone is making a big deal out of the Perkins trade, but playing Ibaka at the PF has completely changed them defensively. This is a dangerous team. Very dangerous and now physical in the paint.

lefty
03-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Yep

Healthy Perk + Nazr + slam dunk champion = not bad

j.dizzle
03-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Im starting to think that SA would rather want Dallas at the #4 seed haha. OKC wears you out cuz they run so damn much. They actually played better with Perk on the bench but he'll be needed to defend well in the postseason.

Capt Bringdown
03-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I know everyone is making a big deal out of the Perkins trade, but playing Ibaka at the PF has completely changed them defensively.

Did I hear right? Thought I heard Hubie's partner (forgot his name) on the broadcast say that Ibaka's got 19 blocks in the last 3 games?
Wow!

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Im starting to think that SA would rather want Dallas at the #4 seed haha. OKC wears you out cuz they run so damn much. They actually played better with Perk on the bench but he'll be needed to defend well in the postseason.

It will take Perk some time to get in shape, but I think he and Ibaka gives them a lethal duo in the paint. Limited offense, but it doesn't matter with Durant, Harden, and Westbrook on the perimeter. Wow, what potential this team has.

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Did I hear right? Thought I heard Hubie's partner (forgot his name) on the broadcast say that Ibaka's got 19 blocks in the last 3 games?
Wow!

Ordinarily I would be very impressed if McGee didn't block the shit out of my team last night. He ended the night with 12 :lol

Stringer_Bell
03-16-2011, 09:56 PM
If the Mavs and Thunder are smart, they'll make a gentleman's arrangement to switch playoff seeds. At this point, I think Thunder have the best chance to beat the Lakers in the 2nd round IMO. Mavs and Spurs are better suited for meeting Lakers in the WCF if either of them can get their shit together in time.

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 09:59 PM
If the Mavs and Thunder are smart, they'll make a gentleman's arrangement to switch playoff seeds. At this point, I think Thunder have the best chance to beat the Lakers in the 2nd round IMO. Mavs and Spurs are better suited for meeting Lakers in the WCF if either of them can get their shit together in time.

If OKC's smart, they're gonna try to matchup with the Spurs as soon as possible. :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

picc84
03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm actually starting to hope Dallas starts winning to stay in LA's bracket.

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I still think they're 4th, but barring injuries and upsets, this should be one of the best WCSF in a long time..

TE
03-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Not gonna lie, this OKC team scares me more than the Lakers.

No team in the NBA is this athletic, now only if they got some more chemistry with the front line acquisitions..... Watch out.

WildcardManu
03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Scary good.

elemento
they won't even beat the Nuggets

Book it !

Ditty
If OKC's smart, they're gonna try to matchup with the Spurs as soon as possible. :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

Spurs match up incredibly well with okc... I rather have them then Dallas but I doubt Dallas will get out of the first round if they play portland, maybe even New Orleans if they are healthy

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Spurs match up incredibly well with okc... I rather have them then Dallas but I doubt Dallas will get out of the first round if they play portland, maybe even New Orleans if they are healthy

They matched up with OKC well before the Green-Perkins trade. They're a much different team now and with Perk and Ibaka in the paint, the perimeter guys can swarm the Spurs guards.

Stringer_Bell
03-16-2011, 10:12 PM

Why you wishing such evil on our season? OKC isn't getting by the Lakers if they take the Spurs spot in the WCF, that's deep water and those boys aren't swimming in it with the Lakers. OKC needs to go at LA in the 2nd round!

Cuckolded Sissy
03-16-2011, 10:14 PM
:cry

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Why you wishing such evil on our season? OKC isn't getting by the Lakers if they take the Spurs spot in the WCF, that's deep water and those boys aren't swimming in it with the Lakers. OKC needs to go at LA in the 2nd round!

I'm not wishing any evil on anyway.

I do think OKC matches up well with most teams now with Perk and Ibaka in the paint, including the Lakers. Honestly, WCF semis should be great.

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2011, 10:16 PM
OKC's problem is obviously that Artest absolutely owns Durant..I don't see how that would change..I guess if Perkins is healthy, his screen-setting may open things up, but it doesn't help that Scott Brooks is an idiot that kept going to isolation plays in the playoffs, last year..

Ditty
They matched up with OKC well before the Green-Perkins trade. They're a much different team now and with Perk and Ibaka in the paint, the perimeter guys can swarm the Spurs guards.

Green actually gave the Spurs trouble, I think the spurs are a nightmare matchup for OKC they really don't have any one to step up on our outside shooters, especially Bonner who has killed them this season if he shows up in the playoffs, and Manu and Parker haven't had a problem with Ibaka this season, I seriously doubt Perkins will give much of a difference besides the fact he really doesn't have a offense game, and can stretch the floor like Green did, that's the only problem spurs had. Bring on OKC 6 games the most. :lol

lefty
LMAO Sonics fans

j.dizzle
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Dallas is a much better matchup for SA IMO. OKC's bigs might not be great on offense but these fuckers jump all over the place to grab boards. Duncan, Blair, Bonner & Dice might have a tough time keeping up with that pace over a long series.

jjktkk
03-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm sure no one will be looking forward to playing OKC in the playoffs.

j.dizzle
03-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Green actually gave the Spurs trouble, I think the spurs are a nightmare matchup for OKC they really don't have any one to step up on our outside shooters, especially Bonner who has killed them this season if he shows up in the playoffs, and Manu and Parker haven't had a problem with Ibaka this season, I seriously doubt Perkins will give much of a difference besides the fact he really doesn't have a offense game, and can stretch the floor like Green did, that's the only problem spurs had. Bring on OKC 6 games the most. :lol
:lmao

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 10:20 PM
OKC will take the series in 6. BOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

TE
03-16-2011, 10:21 PM
OKC will take the series in 6. BOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I'll bump this thread just in case to make you look like a dumbass. :toast

Typical premature ejaculation assumption.

Venti Quattro
03-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I honestly don't want another killer series with OKC

Pelicans78
03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll bump this thread just in case to make you look like a dumbass. :toast

Typical premature ejaculation assumption.

I meant the Hornets

TE
03-16-2011, 10:39 PM
I meant the Hornets

Oh, well in that case; yeah I guess so.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm sure no one will be looking forward to playing OKC in the playoffs.

YEP but SA if they pass round one will get them in round two so no ways around it now pretty much.

The Gemini Method
03-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Still no reliable offensive punch down low. That's what cost them last year and will be their downfall again this year. Scary athletes though...If they meet the Lakers it's going to be a straight war.

Hoops Czar
03-17-2011, 01:23 AM
OKC is the flavor of the month. They aren't the second best team in the west.

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Being the worst three ball in the league isn't a problem but their lack of a post game is.

cheguevara
03-17-2011, 09:27 AM
What top team has a postgame besides LA and maybe Orlando??
None of these have postgame:
Mavs
Bulls
Heat
OKC

Barely a shitty postgame:
Spurs(Duncan almost never)
Celtics(Pierce/Garnett once in a blue moon)

Killakobe81
03-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I think we have to be careful about overrating the Thunder just because they beat miami. I love the Perk signing and Nazy helps as well. But they are extremely young and winning 4 games against a veteran team like the spurs may not prove to be an easy task.
Personally I would favor the spurs more if they had a true lockdown defender for Durant ...but even without one ...if duncan can step up I think they win in 7 tough games ...Cant see OKC winning a game 7 at the aT&T ... they would need to win in 6.

I know spurs are hitting a speed bump but keep in mind they have the best home record in the NBA by far ...

Killakobe81
03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Plus Im sure Tlong is about to remind us all who says that OKC beats Portland? The Blazers have to make the 2nd round eventually ...right tlong?
Besides Blazers beat them ther a little over a week ago as well ...

Venti Quattro
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Mavs
dirk

Bulls
boozer

Killakobe81
03-17-2011, 10:08 AM
And Boozer and Dirk are effective in sputs down low but really are high/mid post shooters more than low post scorers. They only go in the "true post" when they have a smaller defender on them ...

cheguevara
03-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Dirk barely posts in the paint. I don't think that should be considered true post game.

Boozer, mmm mediocre. But Bulls games I seen, they don't go to him often enough

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
dirk

boozer
He said post game, tbh

lil_penny
03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
OKC is the flavor of the month. They aren't the second best team in the west.

oh crap
03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
lol harlemheat
lol bron
lol heat

Findog
03-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Mavs absolutely have to get the second seed if they're going to have a puncher's chance of beating LA. Of course, that assumes we would beat Portland or Memphis is a first round series. All the Blazers would have to do is steal one in Dallas. I could easily see a Port-Dal series going seven with the home team winning every game. The Blazers would very much have a Golden State 2007 atmosphere.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Mavs absolutely have to get the second seed if they're going to have a puncher's chance of beating LA. Of course, that assumes we would beat Portland or Memphis is a first round series. All the Blazers would have to do is steal one in Dallas. I could easily see a Port-Dal series going seven with the home team winning every game. The Blazers would very much have a Golden State 2007 atmosphere.

You guys will beat POR/MEM

And if you can find ANY way at all to beat LA, please do so. :toast

Findog
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
You guys will beat POR/MEM

And if you can find ANY way at all to beat LA, please do so. :toast

I don't think the Mavs can. They only lost by five at home last week to the Lakers, but the Lakers controlled the tempo and pace of that game and owned the paint. Mavs have to shoot the lights out to beat LA, and they'll do that a couple times in a series, but not four times.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I dunno, only 2 players showed up for Dallas in that game with Marion and Dirk, yet it was still a close game. Even with HCA, it'll be tough to beat the Lakers (same goes for the Spurs, who probably matchup even worse).

and welcome back man.

mavsfan1000
03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Fuck the Sonics

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
My problem with OKC is that they're still too young to really do some damage in the playoffs. They'll push the Lakers/Spurs to a hard fought 6 game series, but when the games get close, Durant will just get double teamed and it'll come down to Westbrook or Harden to hit the big shot. Not saying they can't do it, but I'll take the veteran poise over inexperience.

OKC is a year or two away from being a legit contender.

hater
03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Mavs have to shoot the lights out to beat LA, and they'll do that a couple times in a series, but not four times.

This can be said about every team in the league with the exception of:
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Chicago
4. OKC

IMO the best thing that could happen to the mavs and spurs is mavs drop to 4th

OKC/LA series would be a beast.

KillerMamba
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Yep, OKC is now a great team. I still think that Bynum, Gasol and Odom outmatch Perkins, Ibaka and Mohammed, but we'll just have to see. Typically, Artest does an OK job on Durant. If he can continue to somewhat contain him, the only other issues are Westbrook and Harden, especially Westbrook. Even though the Lakers are 2-0 against OKC this season, I'm not sure we can stop Westbrook.

Brazil
03-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm liking Westbrook but he is overhyped, dude is a TO machine he has cumulated 50 TOs in the last 10 games and I don't understand why he is not penetring instead of trying contested JS all night long.

Don't get me wrong he is a superb player but sometimes he is still a SG in his head, when the Defense is collapsing over Durant he doesn't know what to do and let begin the drible drible drible till the shot clock violation.

He is also lucky to have Durant IMO to save his ass, Durant last night received very dumb passes and convert some higly contested JS. Westbrook cumulates a lot of assists like that, the clock running out, throw the ball to Durant and Durant converts stuff out of nowhere.

In POs this kind of situations will happen a lot. Turning the ball over at this rate will also cost OKC precious possessions. So to sum up I'm not sold at OKC being contender with Russel running the show.

ohmwrecker
03-17-2011, 04:19 PM
If OKC is the 2nd best team in the West, where does that leave LAL and Dallas?

HarlemHeat37
03-17-2011, 06:08 PM
:lol Kevin Durant, 35% career shooter in the playoffs..

The Gemini Method
03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
If OKC is the 2nd best team in the West, where does that leave LAL and Dallas?

1 and 3 tbh (in that order)

Ace
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
:lol Kevin Durant, 35% career shooter in the playoffs..

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-17-2011, 09:25 PM
OKC is the team of the future in the west, as of today. A first round matchup with Denver would be very entertaining.

elemento
03-17-2011, 10:16 PM
they went from underrated to overrated in a year

I'll say it again. They won't beat the Nuggets.

4-2 Nuggets

TD 21
03-17-2011, 11:27 PM
They're still fourth, the difference is, the gap has closed between them and the top three.

Their main issues are . . .

1) Lack of three-point shooting. They're third worst in the league overall. In their rotation, only Durant and Harden can make the three with any semblance of regularity.

2) Lack of shooting period. Two of their four rotation bigs have no range whatsoever and three of their four rotation guards are sub par shooters as well.

3) Lack of reliable scoring outside of three players, the third of which has only been a consistently reliable scorer for about a month (though I do think he can keep it up).

4) Lack of experience overall, particularly amongst four of their five best players.

ohmwrecker
03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
1 and 3 tbh (in that order)

Are all Lakers fans terrible @ the maths?