PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather face OKC or Dallas in the semis?

SinBAD
03-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Spurs fans I bring up this question because they are just 3 games apart and OKC looks alot better since the trade.Ibaka and perkins are very tough, can block shots and play tough D.Noone on the spurs can guard KD or westbrook.If we play dallas howver, they only have 1 shot blocker in Chandler, Mcdyss can somewhat compete with Dirk and they have noone to guard Manu or TP as we saw last year.I'm starting to think it'll be better to face dallas than OKC.

The game on Friday will answer ome questions but what i saw OKC do today to miami was scary and perk isnt 100% yet

Your thoughts?

jjktkk
03-17-2011, 01:03 AM
No poll? I'd rather face Dallas.

Sean Cagney
03-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Who cares who would rather face, if you can't beat either you are not great and not a championship team. Bring them all on, if we lose we are not that great.

rmt
03-17-2011, 01:13 AM
I'd much rather face OKC. They're young, inexperienced and have to integrate Perkins.

Mavs always seem to bring it when they play the Spurs. They're much more experienced and more importantly, probably have a better chance of beating the Lakers. Don't think that the Spurs can beat Lakers so I'm hoping that Mavs will beat them and then choke against the Spurs in WCF.

OT - Isn't life unfair? Spurs with 4 of the 5 SW division teams in the playoffs (currently) and the 5th (Houston) > .500 while Lakers' closest division rival is Phoenix at exactly .500 (currently out of the playoffs).

20beastie45
03-17-2011, 03:35 AM
I'd much rather face OKC. They're young, inexperienced and have to integrate Perkins.

Mavs always seem to bring it when they play the Spurs. They're much more experienced and more importantly, probably have a better chance of beating the Lakers. Don't think that the Spurs can beat Lakers so I'm hoping that Mavs will beat them and then choke against the Spurs in WCF.

OT - Isn't life unfair? Spurs with 4 of the 5 SW division teams in the playoffs (currently) and the 5th (Houston) > .500 while Lakers' closest division rival is Phoenix at exactly .500 (currently out of the playoffs).

What's the total wins from within their division?

I would rather play OKC. Either way it's going to be a tough battle.

DesignatedT
03-17-2011, 03:41 AM
lol OKC. We will beat OKC in 6 at the most. Perkins trade made them worse.

rascal
03-17-2011, 04:30 AM

No it didn't . Gives them more needed size.

mudyez
03-17-2011, 05:25 AM
I think, we will have to meet them both, to make it to the finals...both of them have a better chance of defeating LA than we do!

greyforest
03-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Okc

Holden_Caulfield
03-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Denver.

mystargtr34
03-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Thunder look fucking dangerous... i said all along (as alot of people probably did) their last missing piece was a big physical C who could block shots + rebound. They have a star, an elite PG who can break down any defense, an elite perimeter defender and plenty of rebounding and shot blocking. Most importantly, no more gimick lineups with Jeff Green guarding guys like Pau Gasol and Tim Duncan.

I would expect the Spurs to to win a playoff series against them, but probably in 6/7 games, but i wouldnt be overly surprised if they eliminate the Spurs.

They look scary.

Giuseppe
03-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Who cares who would rather face, if you can't beat either you are not great and not a championship team. Bring them all on, if we lose we are not that great.

That's it, and that's all.

TD 21
03-17-2011, 11:52 PM

Exactly.

Typical Spurs fans, worrying about two teams that the Spurs are better than in every major statistical category. They haven't lost to the Thunder since going back to last season and they knocked the Mavs out of the playoffs without home court, yet we're supposed to fear them?

I can picture it now. Regardless of who the Spurs get in the first round, panic will set in instantly. The opposition will be built up to no end and many will act as if the Spurs are the underdogs.

Unlike the vast majority of you, I fear no team. I'm not rooting for the Mavs eliminate the Lakers, because I want the Spurs to be the team to do it and end their reign . . . again. And in the event they're incapable, I at least want to know where they stand.

I don't give a damn how long their front line is, I'm confident the Spurs can beat that team if they play the proper rotation/match-ups and play to their peak. And I'm not the blind hope type. If I thought they couldn't beat them or any particular team, I'd say it.

ducks
03-18-2011, 12:10 AM
thunder beat heat
spurs beat thunde
spurs also beat thunder

if thunder did not beat heat would anyone even be talking about them now

edgar
03-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Id pick to play OKC 99 times out of 100 any given day!

VI_Massive
03-18-2011, 01:34 AM
I think it depends on whether you value talent or experience in the playoffs. OKC has more talent but less experience, Dallas the opposite. Either team is going to get up for SA with big time intensity. Gun to my head, I'd probably still rather play OKC because I'm not sure of their playoff performance yet. Last year was year 1 and they were not quite ready for prime time. Stay in front of Westbrook, try to limit Durant but kinda let him get his and shut everyone else down is the strategy. I don't have faith in James Harden coming up big, not at this stage. But......

Until I see the Spurs play better than they have in the last two weeks, it doesn't matter because they're not beating either, much less their first round opponent. Let's see how they play from now until they clinch HCA and see if they're ready to beat anyone in the playoffs.

temujin
03-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Worry about Memphis first.

alamo50
03-18-2011, 08:08 AM
.allas any day of the week.

Lukor
03-18-2011, 08:09 AM
It's highly unlikely that Dallas falls to the 4th seed. And i dont think anybody wants to play OKC right now,they lookin good.

cheguevara
03-18-2011, 09:08 AM
.allas any day of the week.

Obstructed_View
03-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I think I'll be happy if the Spurs make the semis.

DPG21920
03-18-2011, 10:37 AM

:lol Just because you keep saying that doesn't make it right. They have been better. They are like 9-2 since the trade and that was with Perk sitting out some.

Just let it go. They are a better team now.

Dex
03-18-2011, 10:49 AM
OKC. As much as I don't like their length in the post, they don't have the history that the Mavs and Spurs have. After last season, Mavs would be out for blood, and they already seem to walk into the AT&T shooting lights out like they own the place.

One of the major advantages the Mavs have is that they believe they can beat these Spurs, because they've done it before (when it counts).

OKC may be talented, but they are still too green to compare to that.

Kamala
03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
OKC

Rather avoid Dirk vs. Bonner and McDyess if possible. I think the Spurs match up with Lakers and OKC better than most think.

quentin_compson
03-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I think I'll be happy if the Spurs make the semis.

Exactly. The way the Spurs have been playing lately, the first round is nothing to laugh at.

DPG21920
03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I just hope Memphis hits a losing patch and UTA moves up into the 8th seed.

JR3
03-18-2011, 01:13 PM
I vote OKC. Inexperience. Dallas has too many matchup problems.

mexicanjunior
03-18-2011, 02:26 PM
worry about memphis first.

+1

Hooks
03-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't understand why you guys are worried about Dallas, it's pretty much the SAME team (W/Chandler) that the Spurs nearly swept last year, this time they don't have Butler though and the Spurs are MUCH better than last year.

I wouldn't mind the Spurs playing either team.

ezau
03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Is there any way that the Suns can get in the playoffs? I want the Spurs to get sweet revenge so badly

ajballer4
03-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Is there any way that the Suns can get in the playoffs? I want the Spurs to get sweet revenge so badly

They are a few games back. Jazz are the closest to Memphis but they have a BRUTAL schedule

100%duncan
03-19-2011, 01:00 AM
I'd rather face OKC because their unexperienced, so young, perkins trade is overrated he is still out, that line-up of them really depends on perkins showing up,