PDA

View Full Version : Moss wants to come back to NE

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=6224277

Randy Moss wants back in.

The vagabond wide receiver left the New England Patriots amid less-than-desirable circumstances last season, but seems to have discovered he never had it better.

"If you're asking me where my heart and where I'm happy is, I love playing with Tom Brady. I love being coached by Bill Belichick," Moss said Wednesday on KFAN 1130-AM in Minneapolis.

Moss joined guest host and Minnesota Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson to chat about a wild 2010 season. Moss started out in New England, passed quietly through Minnesota and concluded the year with the Tennessee Titans.

Moss' combined stats were a lackluster 28 receptions for 393 yards and five touchdowns. He will be a free agent once a new collective bargaining agreement is negotiated.

He also said he'd love to return to the Vikings and seemed to randomly add he would play for the Cleveland Browns or Seattle Seahawks if they wanted him.

"Wherever it is, I just want somebody to respect what I do," Moss said. "The loyalty that I believe in, man, I think that teams that I play for ... I just like loyalty, and I want that around me. Whoever wants me, that's where I'm going to play at."

But he stressed his affection for the Patriots in particular.

"I think that just the success as a wide receiver and everything that the New England Patriots stand for, you know, I'm a big fan of Bill Belichick's," Moss said. "I really am, and not just on the field. I'm a fan of his off the field because, you know, the little grouchy man that you see on camera is not what you see off camera.

"And people say 'Well, Moss, you got traded to Minnesota from New England!' Well, I just told y'all this is a business, man. People have to understand the nature of the business. It's not just a sport. The sport comes along with the business. If you really don't think it's a business, then why they sitting there, fighting over $9 billion?"

Should the Patriots consider signing Moss?

They do need an outside threat who can stretch a defense. But Moss turned 34 last month, and the Patriots went 11-1 without him, winning another AFC East title.

Moss also might need to mend fences with New England's coaching staff before anything can happen. ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss reported a verbal altercation between Moss and playcaller Bill O'Brien at halftime of their Week 4 victory over the Miami Dolphins marked Moss' last game for the Patriots.

Tim Graham covers the AFC East for ESPN.com.

But do the Patriots want him back?

I say if he's willing to come back for a minimal salary and be a team player, this is a no brainer. He'll never recreate 07, but the team needs a deep threat because Brandon Tate blows.

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 08:45 AM
The problem is that Belichick is very Cubby like with players who piss him off. Moss is out, and he's stayin out.

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 09:13 AM
They should bring him back and still draft THAT nigga Julio Jones. Move Deion Branch back to the slot, and trade Wes Welker for a 2nd rounder to a really retarded team.

bostonguy
03-17-2011, 10:50 AM
No thanks to Moss, and the O should be the last thing the team needs to worry about assuming their is a next season. This team needs pass rushers in the worst way. Everybody is pinning the loss on Brady, but the Pats didn't get 1 single sack on Sanchez in that game.

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Brady and the offense played like shit. The offensive line needs a complete overhaul outside of Mankins and Vollmer. They need to quit relying on undersized honkies like Welker and Woodhead for so many big plays. The defense had a bunch of injuries up front and were forced to be starting Kyle Love at NT.

lefty
03-17-2011, 12:01 PM
No thanks

GTFO Moss

IronMexican
03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
They should bring him back and still draft THAT nigga Julio Jones. Move Deion Branch back to the slot, and trade Wes Welker for a 2nd rounder to a really retarded team.

Sorry, but there's no way a team would trade a second for Wes Welker. Do the Pats need a WR bad enough to draft him in the first? Isn't a 3-4 DE a bigger need? Not trolling, either:lol

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
The Patriots traded a 2nd for Wes Welker......

And I'd love to have Julio Jones but he won't be there at 17. IMO RG and C is their biggest need but they don't need to use a 1st rounder on either position, then 3-4 DE is their next biggest need but outside of Dareus and Fairley none of them impress me that much.

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
How can you say no thanks to Moss when the Jets beat the Patriots simply because NE had nobody to stretch the field? If he's willing to play by Belichick's rules again, then it's a no brainer to me.

Also, if Moss is here, he's the one getting goal line passes thrown to him, not fat fuck stone hands bitch Crumpler.

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM

And I'd love to have Julio Jones but he won't be there at 17. IMO RG and C is their biggest need but they don't need to use a 1st rounder on either position, then 3-4 DE is their next biggest need but outside of Dareus and Fairley none of them impress me that much.

tbh I may be drinking the "He kicked my team's ass in a bowl game" Koolaid, but I would love to have THAT nigga Heyward.

IronMexican
03-17-2011, 01:41 PM

4 years ago. And he was it was a great trade for NE, but that was 4 years ago, and Welker is showing that he's more of a product of Brady when you see the Tax accountant, Edelman out there.

LnGrrrR
03-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Sorry Moss, but that train has sailed... :lol

LnGrrrR
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
No thanks to Moss, and the O should be the last thing the team needs to worry about assuming their is a next season. This team needs pass rushers in the worst way. Everybody is pinning the loss on Brady, but the Pats didn't get 1 single sack on Sanchez in that game.

This. This needs to be our main focus in the draft, followed by some O-linemen.

You really can't compete in the NFL these days if you can't get to the passer.

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 01:48 PM
4 years ago. And he was it was a great trade for NE, but that was 4 years ago, and Welker is showing that he's more of a product of Brady when you see the Tax accountant, Edelman out there.

Welker for DHB and Mike "scouts said he was a UFA at best but he's 2nd round material to us! And the Bears wanted him, they really did!" Mitchell. straight up.

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Sorry Moss, but that train has sailed... :lol

why?

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 01:56 PM
lmao anyone thinking Bill Belichick is ever gonna get a 12+ sack pass rushing OLB type. That's never been the MO of his defense and never will be. He's always valued OLBs and DEs who can contain over OLBs and DEs who can get edge pressure. Ninkovich and Cunningham will be the starting OLBs for next season. Write it down, take a picture.

LnGrrrR
03-17-2011, 03:25 PM
why?

In all honesty, if he wants to be signed for the minimum, I could see Belichick taking a pass at him. I just don't think he will do so.

IronMexican
03-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Welker for DHB and Mike "scouts said he was a UFA at best but he's 2nd round material to us! And the Bears wanted him, they really did!" Mitchell. straight up.

Mitchell was pretty good, bro. DHB's ass, and I can admit that.

I would rather have him out there than Branch last season.

LnGrrrR
03-17-2011, 03:33 PM
lmao anyone thinking Bill Belichick is ever gonna get a 12+ sack pass rushing OLB type. That's never been the MO of his defense and never will be. He's always valued OLBs and DEs who can contain over OLBs and DEs who can get edge pressure. Ninkovich and Cunningham will be the starting OLBs for next season. Write it down, take a picture.

Sure, containment is important, but sacks are becoming more and more valuable. Look at the sack totals from this last decade for the Pats.
2000: 29
2001: 41 (won title)
2002: 34
2003: 41 (won title)
2004: 45 (won title)
2005: 33
2006: 44 (lost in AFC Champ to Colts)
2007: 47 (lost in SB to Giants)
2008: 31
2009: 31
2010: 36

Whenever the Pats have made a far run into the playoffs, it's been because the teams have been able to create pressure on the QB (among other things of course.)

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I blame the lack of pressure more on the DEs than not having a rusher at OLB.

LnGrrrR
03-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I blame the lack of pressure more on the DEs than not having a rusher at OLB.

I'm not saying it has to necessarily be an OLB. If we get a good edge tweener (thinking something along the lines of McGinest) that would work too.

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 05:34 PM
IMO they need a Seymour-like presence at DE. a 6'6", 300 ######beast who can control two gaps and get constant pressue unless he's double teamed.

monosylab1k
03-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I would rather have him out there than Branch last season.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL and you think drafting a kicker in the 1st round wasn't all that bad either.

Kyle Orton
03-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Branch outside of the Jets game was really good last season so not sure where det came from

LnGrrrR
03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't mind another massive lineman either.

Blake
03-17-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't care what team it is, I just need to see Moss, TO and Ochostinco on the same team at the same time.

IronMexican
03-17-2011, 10:25 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL and you think drafting a kicker in the 1st round wasn't all that bad either.

Why are you hating on one of the best Raider picks from last decade?