PDA

View Full Version : GQ's Top 15 Worst Sports Fans in America

ElNono
03-18-2011, 12:32 AM
The Worst Sports Fans in America (http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#slide=1)

Coming in at number 15 and the only NBA fanbase that made the list:

15. Los Angeles Lakers
Starfuckers

Congratulations, Angelenos! You are the fairest of America's fair-weather fans! The Lakers unfaithful abandoned their team en masse when Magic retired in 1991, then reconfirmed their fickleness by sending local TV ratings plummeting 30 percent after Shaq departed in 2004. Meanwhile, in these championship days, the Staples Center is more bar scene than sports complex, where fans can't be bothered to clap—their hands are too busy texting. "The focus is sometimes not on the court," coach Phil Jackson has said. "It's on the people in the crowd." Which explains why eight box suites were recently combined into an offshoot of an abominable nightclub, the Hyde Lounge. After VIPs pass a clipboard gauntlet—at a sports stadium—they can eat $21 nachos at a crocodile-skin bar while waiting for the space to transform into a postbuzzer dance club. When it's time to leave, a valet will even bring around their bandwagon.

LnGrrrR
03-18-2011, 01:07 AM
I haven't looked yet, but I'm guessing Yankee and Red Sox fans are numbers 1 and 2 respectively.

crc21209
03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
I haven't looked yet, but I'm guessing Yankee and Red Sox fans are numbers 1 and 2 respectively.

The Yankees came in at number 9, while the Red Sox came in at number 6. Number 1 and 2 were Phillie and Eagle fans, so basically all of Philly...:lol

Kyle Orton
03-18-2011, 01:20 AM
lol dumb nazi lover

frodo
03-18-2011, 07:25 AM
fair reflection of immigrants personality tbh. they act like they love america more than natives do but they'll be the first to leave when they get done fucking up this country

monosylab1k
03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
6. Boston Red Sox
Insufferable Hypocrites

Winning the 2004 World Series was the worst thing to ever happen to Red Sox fans. Having been beaten into a state of lovable-loserdom by generations of championship futility, they now seem intent on living out some sort of horsehided cycle of domestic violence, inflicting upon us everything that for eighty-six years was inflicted upon them. It is a display of epic hypocrisy. All their whining about the Yankees' salary-driven Evil Empire? They now gloat while drubbing opponents with what is routinely the second-highest-paid roster in baseball. All that self-satisfaction about being a bunch of scruffy underdogs? They blindly maintained it while winning the 2007 World Series with a payroll almost $90 million higher than Colorado's. All these continuing claims to be an elite group of die-hard supporters? They have the biggest legion of bandwagon fans in the country, pushing past the Pinstripes as baseball's top-drawing road team in 2005, 2007, and 2008. These days, Red Sox fans are indistinguishable from Yankees fans—just with more grating accents.

This is about as perfect a description as it gets. I used to really be able to rally behind the Red Sox as the anti-Yankees before. If they weren't playing the Rangers, I'd always root for them. But after 2004 there's no fanbase or team I hate more than the Red Sox, except of course for the faggot Yankees. How they aren't #1 on this list is beyond me. Everything about the Yankees and everyone associated in any way with them is a supreme cunt.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2011, 10:04 AM
This is about as perfect a description as it gets. I used to really be able to rally behind the Red Sox as the anti-Yankees before. If they weren't playing the Rangers, I'd always root for them. But after 2004 there's no fanbase or team I hate more than the Red Sox, except of course for the faggot Yankees. How they aren't #1 on this list is beyond me. Everything about the Yankees and everyone associated in any way with them is a supreme cunt.

This is how I kind of feel about the Cubs now, although not quite as nasty as this (but they haven't won a title yet, so I still have a shred of sympathy). Cubs fans by and large are idiots, don't know much about their team or baseball, and basically sit in the stands to get drunk and yell obscenities at the outfielder's team/wife/family. It's disgusting how frequently this occurred back when I was a regular at Wrigley. It was hard to watch and enjoy the game because so many drunken frat boys decided they needed to scream random shit at the top of their lungs ALL GAME LONG. I felt like I was at a NASCAR race, but hell, at least they watch the sport they go to see.

SourCandy
03-18-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm surprised at the number of universities. Mainly cause I don't watch college ball. Dallas at 12 was surprising....figured it would be top 5 or so.

BlackSwordsMan
03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
boston on the list but not the yankees? lol

Riddler
03-18-2011, 01:42 PM
lol dumb nazi lover

:lol Crying to M>S on aim, ya virgin you

tee, hee

Kyle Orton
03-18-2011, 01:47 PM
:lol Crying to M>S on aim, ya virgin you

tee, hee
lol logging into a troll you never use to talk shit to me

BlackSwordsMan
03-18-2011, 01:50 PM
in 8 words or less riddle me a riddle

Riddler
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
in 8 words or less riddle me a riddle

What is fat, round, and a virgin?

BlackSwordsMan
03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
me?

Riddler
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
me?

Nope, I thought it was obvious, so there shall be only one more guess before the answer is revealed

BlackSwordsMan
03-18-2011, 02:13 PM
the penguin

Riddler
03-18-2011, 02:16 PM
the penguin

Close enough. BRHornet is the official answer, but looks like he gained a new nickname

Kyle Orton
03-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Rofl that was actually pretty funny