PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans are spurs fans tonight

InRareForm
03-18-2011, 10:51 AM
?

Giuseppe
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
No. I hope the Mavs stomp a mudhole in your ass this evening.

jag
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Cul knows where the real threat comes from.

Cry Havoc
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM

S'ok to be scurred.

Venti Quattro
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
What is this thread about

InRareForm
03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Are you serious? 2nd seed...

Venti Quattro
03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Are you serious? 2nd seed...

...belongs to the RocketsPERIOD

Kyle Orton
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Venti, IronMexican's friend found the article we were looking for bro!

Giuseppe
03-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Cul knows where the real threat comes from.

Never denied it. No other Championship team exists (in-tact) aside from us & you since MJ quit winning them. Boston had made it a trio, but, their disposing of Perkins like that was a serious capitulation. Can't count the Pistons, and only Wade remains of the Heat ringage.

Fear does not exist in our respective dojo's.

Pain does not exist in our respective dojo's.

& a course:::Mercy does not exist in our respective dojo's.

And listen old man. You don't show up first part of June (eh, mid May), and it's open season.

[Cubby bows, near imperceptibly]

Venti Quattro
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Venti, IronMexican's friend found the article we were looking for bro!

Bro I read the article and it's enraging!!! :madrun :madrun :madrun

Giuseppe
03-18-2011, 11:16 AM
What's so amazing is this will all be over in less than 3 months.

"Problem with time I've learned, eventually time always runs out."

lefty
03-18-2011, 11:23 AM
:lol

SourCandy
03-18-2011, 11:47 AM
I am.

Kyle Orton
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
If losing Perkins means the Celtics championship team is no longer intact, then the Spurs not having Bowen means their championship team is no longer intact.

The Celtics never replacing Powe or Posey is another problem. They basically need Jeff Green to fill both of those roles, and the way he shit the bed in the playoffs last year I don't see that happening.

DPG21920
03-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Except the Spurs added Richard Jefferson, George Hill, Gary Neal....and had time to adjust what they do.

The Celtics added guys who don't really seem to fit and aren't contributing to winning and only have half a season to adjust. Celtics are still definitely contenders, but their chances took a hit with Perk gone.

cheguevara
03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Mavs have already given up the 2nd seed to the Lakers.

No way Lakers give it back. Done deal.

Kyle Orton
03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Except the Spurs added Richard Jefferson, George Hill, Gary Neal....and had time to adjust what they do.

The Celtics added guys who don't really seem to fit and aren't contributing to winning and only have half a season to adjust. Celtics are still definitely contenders, but their chances took a hit with Perk gone.
I was just speaking hypothetically. IMO the "core" of both Boston and San Antonio's last championship teams are intact.

picc84
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Their chances took a hit when Sheed retired. Motivated Sheed >>> Perkins. If they'd kept him they'd be gravy. Now they're trying to replace him with Krstic, a jumpshooting euro who's butthole is going to get gloriously tight in the playoffs.

Mike D
03-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Just hoping for a good game. Always fun to see the game dynamic between the rivals.

As always, I hope Jason Terry gets hit in his egg head at least once.

Rummpd
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I am not sure if I was a LAL fan which way to go - lets say Mavs beat Spurs, Lakers beat Mavs and LAL beats Spurs in 2nd to last game - it is still plausible, even if not probable, for Lakers to catch Spurs and either way I think LAL will end up now with the 2nd seed, Mavs had the opportunity right in front of them to gain ground on Spurs and keep pace or get ahead of the Laker's, and then lost two key games recently. Despite Spurs' funk they still have more championship cred than the Mavs and I believe LAL will now crush the Mavs in the 2nd round, since Bynum became has become a true force and Artest refound his game - assuming both teams have no major injuries through 1st round.

Mavs point differential remains that of a team *(http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings sits at a low 3.85 even adjusting for their loss of Dirk somewhat it would not match the other top tier teams) that has probably played over their heads somewhat and it would not surprise me at all to see them go something like 6 and 4 over a ten game stretch despite their schedule - giving the Thunder a plausible chance to catch the Mavs. LAL will get the 2nd seed IMO again regardless of how well Mavs now play as push comes to shove LAL wants to stay ahead of Boston and the Bulls and Miami in the East as much as the Mavs.

KillerMamba
03-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Absolutely am rooting for the Spurs tonight. In a perfect world, I would want Dallas to win tonight, but then to lose the rest of their games this season. With that said, Spurs have been faltering a bit lately and know they have the #1 seed on lock, so I think Mavs will probably take it.

Ace
03-18-2011, 02:16 PM

Tbh

Killakobe81
03-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I just want a good game. I doubt the Lakers need Spurs to win this game to stay ahead the Mavs ...but it wouldn't hurt.

Reck
03-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Why the fuck isn't this game on National TV?

Kind of wierd that ESPN or NBA TV is not going to show this game. Instead they'll show the Suns get handed another blowout by Warriors.

Greg Oden
03-18-2011, 02:39 PM
I am not sure if I was a LAL fan which way to go - lets say Mavs beat Spurs, Lakers beat Mavs and LAL beats Spurs in 2nd to last game - it is still plausible, even if not probable, for Lakers to catch Spurs and either way I think LAL will end up now with the 2nd seed, Mavs had the opportunity right in front of them to gain ground on Spurs and keep pace or get ahead of the Laker's, and then lost two key games recently. Despite Spurs' funk they still have more championship cred than the Mavs and I believe LAL will now crush the Mavs in the 2nd round, since Bynum became has become a true force and Artest refound his game - assuming both teams have no major injuries through 1st round.

Mavs point differential remains that of a team *(http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings sits at a low 3.85 even adjusting for their loss of Dirk somewhat it would not match the other top tier teams) that has probably played over their heads somewhat and it would not surprise me at all to see them go something like 6 and 4 over a ten game stretch despite their schedule - giving the Thunder a plausible chance to catch the Mavs. LAL will get the 2nd seed IMO again regardless of how well Mavs now play as push comes to shove LAL wants to stay ahead of Boston and the Bulls and Miami in the East as much as the Mavs.

Can you post Kendrick Perkins' PER again and demonstrate how that lets us know how ineffective of a player he is?

nkdlunch
03-18-2011, 02:45 PM

Kind of wierd that ESPN or NBA TV is not going to show this game. Instead they'll show the Suns get handed another blowout by Warriors.

WTF? I swear I saw this game was going to be available on ESPN

:bang

InRareForm
03-18-2011, 03:56 PM
JV tournament is the reason why no games on.

KillerMamba
03-18-2011, 04:02 PM

I could be wrong, but I think that the national T.V. games get worked out before the season starts. Maybe ESPN or TNT thought that one and/or both of the teams wouldn't be that good this year.

CubanMustGo
03-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that the national T.V. games get worked out before the season starts. Maybe ESPN or TNT thought that one and/or both of the teams wouldn't be that good this year.

No, as InRareForm stated, all the channels that normally do NBA are tied up with the semi-pro playoffs.

Except NBA TV, who in their infinite wisdom are broadcasting PHX-GS :rollin