PDA

View Full Version : Pop is honestly...

mfanatic
03-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Retarded if he tries to win todays game, there is absolutely no reason why duncan or manu should play tonight, we are up by what 6 games? We should be praying the mavs get the second seed, does anyone agree with me or do I sound crazy?

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Crazy, def.

shorttotry
03-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Crazy. You don't think we need to regroup after our string of playing shitty?

Silver&Black
03-18-2011, 04:25 PM
^ +1

jay_shs
03-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Go mavs, but this game is kind of a catch 22...I want us to prove we can beat them with Dirk in the lineup.

I think Spurs win in a very close game.

Reck
03-18-2011, 04:33 PM
The Spurs have more to lose.

Mavs are pretty much a 3rd seed and they have probably comes to terns with that.

If the Spurs lose this game it will only get much harder for them to get back on track. Not much physically as it is more mentally.

The Spurs are playing like shit and if they dont turn it around soon, Lakers will be knocking on the door, specially with the Laker's cake walk rest of the schedule.

HarlemHeat37
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Spurs need a statement win for a confidence builder, among other reasons..

TD 21
03-18-2011, 05:51 PM

I agree.

We'll know how serious they are about winning this game by seeing who plays backup center and how the minutes are rationed. If Duncan is inexplicably sitting for ten straight minutes of game time while the game is slipping away, we'll know they're not serious.

Why would anyone advocate sitting players with 15 games to go? That's something you start thinking about heading into the final two weeks. As it is, I expect the Spurs to play the starters through game 80.

jimo2305
03-18-2011, 06:06 PM
i agree with OP.. get our 2nd / 3rd string in the mix of things.. im not saying don't play our big 3 or anything.. but just to make sure our guys have fresh legs by the time playoff starts

LakerHater
03-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Another sit Tim thread?? wasnt there one for the Miami game?

Everyone should play, Spurs got a lota work to do goin into the Playoffs!

JR3
03-18-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't care where the hell the other teams end up seeding. Right now is when we need to start playing our best ball. That is what the focus will be and should be.

clambake
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
you guys are nuts. the mavs barely beat the warriors the other night.

Blake
03-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I'll take a Manu and Tim 38 minutes [each] night tonight if it means a win.

Dex
03-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Play to win and let the cards fall where they may.

Tonight's game is worth 3 magic numbers to the Spurs. If the Mavs win, there is still a glimmer of hope they could catch the Spurs. If they lose, the door is pretty much shut on them getting HCA on us.

toki9
03-18-2011, 06:40 PM
It's so weird to see all these threads about intentionally losing/sitting key players/etc. I understand that there's a bigger picture to consider, but I think this kind of mentality has a way of coming back and biting you in the a$$ more often than not.

DesignatedT
03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
The Spurs have more to lose.

Mavs are pretty much a 3rd seed and they have probably comes to terns with that.

Wrong and wrong.

Would be a big game for the Spurs if they could pull this one out and a great confidence builder but expect them to go back into "coast" mode if they pull out a victory in Dallas. Dallas is still very much alive for the 3 seed and they have A LOT more on the line right now compared to us.

Mrlunt925
03-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Winning tonight would win the season series, assuring that the Spurs would still have the upper hand should Dallas make a run and end up with the same record.

So just have the team go out and play. Enough of this sitting shit. Tim and Manu can rest whenever they retire.

jimo2305
03-18-2011, 06:55 PM
it's not that one is saying the team should intentionally lose a game.. there shouldnt' be any circumstance a game that a team should lose.. what we're getting at is.. one shouldn't spend so much enery on a game as it really carries little significance overall.. i'd hate to go into the playoffs with players being more tired than they should because they spent so much energy on a meaningless game..

again.. noone is saying.. sit manu, tim and parker.. we're saying dont' play them for 38 minutes..

Tp9gospursgo
03-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Crazy.

Blake
03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
again.. noone is saying.. sit manu, tim and parker.. we're saying dont' play them for 38 minutes..

If it's a close game, that's exactly opposite of what I'm saying/said.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-18-2011, 07:08 PM

Exactly. Inexplicably, they've lost their early season chemistry to some extent and they really need to find it again. The best way to do that is by playing elite 'ball at both ends against a contender.

silverblackfan
03-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Forget the schedule and show that you can play a good team with hustling, smart defense. Do that, and winning or losing this game won't matter.
As for throwing a game to help out the Mavs or anyone's schedule? Hell no.

duncan228
03-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't care where the hell the other teams end up seeding. Right now is when we need to start playing our best ball. That is what the focus will be and should be.

:tu

Duncan: Spurs’ urgency tonight is self imposed (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/18/duncan-spurs-urgency-tonight-is-self-imposed/)
Mike Monroe

...“We haven’t played great over the last five or six games,” Spurs captain Tim Duncan said after the Spurs’ morning shootaround at American Airlines Center here. “We’re trying to get back on track and play well. We know this is a very good team we’ll likely see sometime in the playoffs.”

..."We’re trying to tighten up our game plan. We know this is the stretch run to playoffs, so we need to start playing our best basketball. We’ll figure out how to do that defensively, and on the offensive end I think we’ve been scoring enough points. We just need to figure out how to be a better defensive ball club.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/18/duncan-spurs-urgency-tonight-is-self-imposed/

Sean Cagney
03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
^^^^^^ Glad someone takes it seriously and sees the point.

If Mavs lose tonight they are what 6 down of us? Or is it 5? We get Portland twice, Boston and LA on this schedule, you loe this one when those are potentially losses? Makes no damn sense to me. You go out and play hard, use the easier games to rest players and go out and prove you are still a good team (Confidence is key this time of year). They are playing horrible latey, lose this one does what for them? A win could start a good run and get them back on track.

silverblackfan
03-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Nice game and good hustle defense. The team showed up and basically put Dallas on notice. I am satisfied.

LakerHater
03-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Retarded if he tries to win todays game, there is absolutely no reason why duncan or manu should play tonight, we are up by what 6 games? We should be praying the mavs get the second seed, does anyone agree with me or do I sound crazy?

Im soooo glad Coach Pop didnt listen to you!

easy7
03-18-2011, 11:37 PM
You have gone plumb loco amigo...

100%duncan
03-19-2011, 12:56 AM
lol,stupid

cherylsteele
03-19-2011, 01:00 AM
qileP4bAzek

jay_shs
03-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Apparantly the OP is the only retarded person here.

jimo2305
03-19-2011, 02:13 AM
qileP4bAzek

lmao.. love that movie!!!

jimo2305
03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
shit happens huh..