PDA

View Full Version : _all BS a side...If Spurs choke in the finals should pop go?_.

mouse
06-03-2005, 01:37 AM
think about it, before you reply. would you forgive Pop if he get's out coached in the finals and you get no ring this season after all you went through to get here?

This question may be to harsh on many new Spur fans, but the old school Spur fans can answer this question with no problem.

After all when Nelly choked as a coach for the Mavericks I wanted him gone asap.. can you be as honest as a Mavs fan?

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 01:40 AM
If the spurs lose it would be because Miami is playing out of there mind with Wade having Jordan numbers and refs giving Shaq all the benefits. Pop is one of the best coaches in the league and he stresses defense which is a big part in why they got here.

Chris
06-03-2005, 01:42 AM
Absolutely Not.

Pop has worked this team from the ground up. And no it wasn't only because we got Duncan.

P.S. Spurs win finals in 5 just like last series. Miami or Detroit.

PM5K
06-03-2005, 01:44 AM
You never quit do you mouse ?

mouse
06-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Absolutely Not.

Pop has worked this team from the ground up. And no it wasn't only because we got Duncan.

let me get this straight, are you saying your willing to settle for No ring this year?

mouse
06-03-2005, 01:45 AM
You never quit do you mouse ?

Do you?

mouse
06-03-2005, 01:48 AM
If the spurs lose it would be because Miami is playing out of there mind with Wade having Jordan numbers and refs giving Shaq all the benefits. Pop is one of the best coaches in the league and he stresses defense which is a big part in why they got here.

I have to dissagree...back in *1999 Shaq, Kobe , and the lakers was one of the Hottest teams in the NBA ,and the Spurs found a way to Kick thier ass. why should 2005 be any diffrent?

milkyway21
06-03-2005, 01:51 AM
think about it, before you reply. would you forgive Pop if he get's out coached in the finals and you get no ring this season after all you went through to get here?

This question may be to harsh on many new Spur fans, but the old school Spur fans can answer this question with no problem.

After all when Nelly choked as a coach for the Mavericks I wanted him gone asap.. can you be as honest as a Mavs fan?WHY?

did you ask Cuban to get rid of AJ after the Mavericks choked in the Suns-Mavs series?

Larry Dallas
06-03-2005, 01:52 AM
mouse STFU already, and make sure Mr, Ferley is asleep I want to tag Janet tonight.

Chris
06-03-2005, 01:52 AM
let me get this straight, are you saying your willing to settle for No ring this year?

Yeah i'm willing to settle for it. Considering we now have a very good center and our core will remain the same with some tough decisions on Horry among others. If we don't win this series it won't be because of Pop. It will be because of lack of focus.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
The spurs were even hotter than the lakers.

PM5K
06-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Do you?

NEVER !

:blah

milkyway21
06-03-2005, 02:04 AM
hey, answer me , rodent! :smokin

did you ask Cuban to get rid of AJ after the Mavericks choked in the Suns-Mavs series? :oops

myhc
06-03-2005, 02:05 AM
I think Pop's earned the benefit of the doubt for his involvement in helping bring 2 titles to San Antonio. So no, I wouldn't want him fired.

cqsallie
06-03-2005, 02:08 AM
This is such a mouse-like question. New, old, middle-aged... I think most Spurs fans recognize that Pop has only so much power. Anybody who has children knows that sometimes they're good and sometimes they're bad, but the blame is not always totally your own (even though you accept the blame).
The Spurs are all adult men; they are not children; they know their roles; they know what it takes. If the Spurs choke, it won't be Pop's fault...
Oh! I know! Some of us just love to do a number on Pop when the Spurs lose a game, but we know that when it comes down to it, it's not Pop's bad.
So this post is like stirring up the water, when you can sip safely off the top. Just let it go Mouseketeer. And, have you forgotten? You said you were going to end every post with Go! Spurs! Go!

Mr Hanky
06-03-2005, 02:20 AM
mouse is the Shit!

milkyway21
06-03-2005, 02:21 AM
sorry, mouse.

another "stupid" question. you won't get a vote against Pops here. 2000/2001/2002 = no title. Pops is still HERE.
coaching & helping R.C. in the drafts......:D

next....

PM5K
06-03-2005, 02:22 AM
If the Spurs win it all should Mouse go?

LOL.....

Mr Hanky
06-03-2005, 02:33 AM
This is such a mouse-like question.

That alone speaks for itself :lmao

New, old, middle-aged... I think most Spurs fans recognize that Pop has only so much power.

how much power do you need? Pop at a snap of his fingers can get rid of any Spurs player within 72 hours, Do you not know about AD? or DA?

how about RodMan taking off his shoes when Pop said to put them back on?

how long did Rodman last after that? Pop is Da man and anyone who does not understand that ? Your to young to buy beer.

You are talking about a [b]man who put a ring on your finger after 25 years and did it again? Nigra please... If Pancho Villia could rise from the Alamo even he would kiss Pop's ass.

Pop is da Bomb and he has scoreboard on any Spurs coach everrrrrr

]quote]Anybody who has children knows that sometimes they're good and sometimes they're bad, but the blame is not always totally your own (even though you accept the blame).[/quote]

sorry you sound like MJ's attorney.....:lmao

The Spurs are all adult men; they are not children;

thank you for that news flash :lmao

they know their roles; they know what it takes. If the Spurs choke, it won't be Pop's fault...
are you saying Tim Duncan and manu don't need to listen to Pop?

it is not pop's Play?

Oh! I know! Some of us just love to do a number on Pop when the Spurs lose a game, but we know that when it comes down to it, it's not Pop's bad.

^ true brah so true....

So this post is like stirring up the water, when you can sip safely off the top. Just let it go Mouseketeer. And, have you forgotten? You said you were going to end every post with Go! Spurs! Go!

Kori has the sig settings were your sig only shows up one time per page .

But I do love you post, you have me thinking... thanks

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Mouse should get some credit if the spurs win.

mouse
06-03-2005, 02:45 AM
If the Spurs win it all should Mouse go?

LOL.....

Where would you like me to go where there is no www conection?

And why would you want me to leave when I have to eat crow?

Unlike the so called Mav fans I Believed till the end..

that is what makes a fan, Faith

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mav-up.jpg

cqsallie
06-03-2005, 02:46 AM
Mouse should get some credit if the spurs win.
I think that Mouse would prefer to take credit if the Spurs LOSE! That whole Go! Spurs! Go! thing at the end of his posts is meant to JINX us!!!!
Keep up the jinx, it's working.... :huh

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Howard and Terry are keepers. I think Daniels should start and Stackhouse come off the bench. Hopefully Harris has big year next year also.

mouse
I think that Mouse would prefer to take credit if the Spurs LOSE! That whole Go! Spurs! Go! thing at the end of his posts is meant to JINX us!!!!
Keep up the jinx, it's working.... :huh

I can tell you played Myst at one time :lmao

PM5K
I think mouse enjoys eating crow, and looks for every opportunity to say something so he can get the chance to eat some.

I thought mice liked cheese?

mouse
06-03-2005, 02:54 AM
Howard and Terry are keepers. I think Daniels should start and Stackhouse come off the bench. Hopefully Harris has big year next year also.

Bro do me a favor...post at Mavtalk before you call yourself a Mavs fan,

all I ask Is one post................

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004752

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Bro do me a favor...post at Mavtalk before you call yourself a Mavs fan,

all I ask Is one post................

http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=004752
I post at mavsforum.com. I'm on there right now if you want to register.

mouse
06-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Pssssssst ! you have freedom to post at more than One Mav site.

Have you heard of the walffle? :lmao

http://www.prmuseum.com/kendrix/gifs/jemima.jpg

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Why does it matter which mav site I post at? I have like a 1000 post on mavsforum.com.

Vashner
06-03-2005, 05:10 AM
No. Look how competitive the West is.. just winning the west is a big deal. Pop ain't going anywhere.

travis2
06-03-2005, 07:13 AM
hey, answer me , rodent! :smokin

did you ask Cuban to get rid of AJ after the Mavericks choked in the Suns-Mavs series? :oops

Sunnie won't answer you. He wasn't man enough to use his name when he called Chris Myers...he certainly isn't man enough to answer any questions about his own bandwagoning @$$...:lol

ambchang
06-03-2005, 07:20 AM

After all when Nelly choked as a coach for the Mavericks I wanted him gone asap.. can you be as honest as a Mavs fan?

No, because ... ahhh, you wouldn't understand until the Mavs actually make the finals.

rwb
06-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Just look at Pop's record. Hell no, he shouldn't go. I have loads of respect for the guy.

SWC Bonfire
06-03-2005, 08:38 AM
all BS a side...If Spurs choke in the finals should pop go?_.

I thought there was supposed to be no BS, but you broke that with the second part of the thread topic.

nkdlunch
06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Nope. Who you gonna replace him with? He's the one who created this machine called the Spurs.

ObiwanGinobili
06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
I could never ever suggest that pop go.
if we choke i nthe finals it's not justr his bad decisions.. it's also player execution.

pops like the dad of the family... he only gets booted if hes an alchoholic

sanman53
06-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Your coach, Avery, is a product of Coach Pop. Coach Pop has an amazing mind for basketball. The entire Spurs organization is stable for the next 5-7 years. We are NOT going to be like a 6'ers team and have 5-6 coaches in the last two years. We have the best sports record since we got Duncan. I like Timmy D, he's the best player on the planet, but do you honestly think the Celtics would have the best record since 97 if they drafted Tim? I think the coaching staff has A LOT to do with it. Do you honestly think Rick Pitino would still be in Boston even if they got the #1 pick that year? I doubt it.
Tim is GREAT, D.Rob is STILL THE MAN, but those facts do NOT take anything away from Coach Pop.

Go SPURS Go!

GopherSA
06-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Why are Mavericks fans posting on a Spurs forum? I find this somewhat puzzling. Perhaps it has to do with something I heard today.

"Why doesn't Fort Worth have a pro basketball team?"

"Because Dallas would want one, too."

:p

Solid D
06-03-2005, 10:47 AM
"Deleted Items" Forum.

TOP-CHERRY
06-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Mouse knows Pop is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Which is ironic, cause wasn't Pop and his "antics" the reason he left the Spurs bandwagon in the first place?

tlongII
06-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Popovich should have been fired a long time ago.

NoMoneyDown
06-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I'll answer your question with a question ...

Who would we bring in?

spurster
06-03-2005, 12:16 PM
If that happens, the Spurs should fire PJ. He is into choking more than anyone else on the Spurs.

wildbill2u
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM

So you're gonna fire one of the only two coaches who got their team to the Finals if he doesn't win the whole enchilada. And you'd presumably replace him with one of the coaches who didn't get their team that far?

That sounds like the Mayan's who killed off the members of the losing ball team. I guess Mavericks fans are that dumb and vicious.

wildbill2u
06-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Popovich should have been fired a long time ago.

Yeah, because you'd love to have him in Portland to reconstruct a basketball team out of that perrenial mess. :rolleyes

GoSpurs21
06-03-2005, 02:12 PM
the only thing that needs to go is the lame ass questions from bandwagoneer mouse

cherylsteele
06-03-2005, 03:15 PM

He never said NO ring......he was saying that if we don't win for whatever reason, it is no reason to can Pop.....I agree with him BTW.

mouse
06-03-2005, 03:33 PM
He never said NO ring......he was saying that if we don't win for whatever reason, it is no reason to can Pop.....I agree with him BTW.

Psssssst ! you might want to read the whole quote next time.
I said this................

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse

and he said this......

Yeah i'm willing to settle for it. Considering we now have a very good center and our core will remain the same with some tough decisions on Horry among others. If we don't win this series it won't be because of Pop. It will be because of lack of focus.

what part of his quote did you not understand?

look let's be honest here folks, 98% of you make your judgements after each game. I see many of you talking trades and doom and gloom when you was 2-2 with the Sonics series, I won't say names but i saw many postes wanting pop Gone.

then all was back to normal when you played the Suns. I saw many of you talking Brooms and bring on the Heat and you still lost game 4 to the Suns,
and then Pop's head was on the chopping block again.

so maybe this topic would be better posted after the spurs meltdown in the finals. I am sure your replies would be to get rid of Pop.

after all as long as the Spurs win he is the best coach in the NBA.

mookie2001
06-03-2005, 04:00 PM
it wont happen

but if it does, fire his ass

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-03-2005, 04:02 PM
If the Spurs lose this year fire Pop and bring in Jackson. Triangles for all!

GrandeDavid
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
mouse STFU already, and make sure Mr, Ferley is asleep I want to tag Janet tonight.

:lol :lol :lol

GrandeDavid
06-03-2005, 04:15 PM
How could you guys even talk basketball when funny ass comments like the one by Three's Company's Larry Dallas being made! Mouse, man up and respond to him. Do you mind if he "tags" Janet?

Banjo Boy
06-03-2005, 04:15 PM

well if it isn't coffee boy , you coming to the states to watch any games?

and do you want Pop as coach if the Spurs lose in the Finals?

Geno Billy
06-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Banjo Boy own3d that guitar player.

http://www.destgulch.com/images/deliv01.jpg

Al Sharpton
06-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Not one black man in that whole movie :(

cherylsteele
06-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Absolutely Not.

See mouse...you altered the question after this post...and Chris Changed his reply after you baited him....that kinda changed the gist of the discussion betwen you 2.

Larry Dallas
06-03-2005, 06:24 PM
^RACK :smokin

angel_luv
06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Pop has earned my trust and therefore my loyalty. As far as I am concerned, Pop stays forever.

I'll have a hard time forgiving him if he trades Rasho though.

Chris
06-03-2005, 06:59 PM
See mouse...you altered the question after this post...and Chris Changed his reply after you baited him....that kinda changed the gist of the discussion betwen you 2.

WRONG.

milkyway21
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
so maybe this topic would be better posted after the spurs meltdown in the finals. I am sure your replies would be to get rid of Pop.

after all as long as the Spurs win he is the best coach in the NBA.:huh :huh :huh

so WHY is it Pops still here after that 0.4 meltdown in the 2004 playoffs?

Answer me...................:cuss.. oh, don't bother,

YOU CAN'T ANSWER, ANYWAY :smokin

cherylsteele
06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
WRONG.

How am I wrong??

you initially said you would not let a loss in the finals slip by.....then you said you would be willing to allow Pop leway.....wanting it both ways?

Spurs Biggest Fan
06-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Now mouse -- you know the answer even before you asked the question... you should know better than to try to get spurs fans against Pop - it'll never happen. Sure there might be some on here that will ask for Pop's head if indeed we don't win it all - but in the end we pretty much have faith in Pop -- and if not Pop -- then who??? -- not many coaches out there that can do what Pop has done so we'll live with whatever he dishes out.

Oh and BTW Mouse -- just curious - now that that your MIghty Mavs are out of contention - who you rooting for to win it all??? Just wondering.

Al Sharpton
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
If the Spurs choke, Pop my have to move to Detroit.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Mouse thought Miami would win. He hasn't got anything right in the playoffs. :lol

mouse
06-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I also thought you was a real Maverick fan also :lmao

I wonder what the V Bokie is on how many Fire Pop topics this site will have after Spurs lose Game one.

tlongII
06-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Pop should be fired even if the Spurs win.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I also thought you was a real Maverick fan also :lmao

I wonder what the V Bokie is on how many Fire Pop topics this site will have after Spurs lose Game one.
A real mavericks fan doesn't root for Phoenix or Miami. :lol