PDA

View Full Version : Good game Mavs.

phyzik
03-18-2011, 10:23 PM
That was playoff intensity. Hats off to the Mavs for hanging in as long as they did.

This thread is not a slight to the Mavs, nor am I mocking them, they played tough and physical against the Spurs. Shit went against them in some isntances but they stuck with it and played hard nosed basketball.

Im proud of my Spurs for standing up to them when it started to get crazy.

Good fucking game, made better that the Spurs won of course, still a good fucking game. :toast

Giuseppe
03-18-2011, 10:26 PM
:rolleyes

The Mavs looked like total shit, start to finish.

You looked better.

manufan10
03-18-2011, 10:28 PM
:toast

Great game. I'm ready for the playoffs.

phyzik
03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
:rolleyes

The Mavs looked like total shit, start to finish.

You looked better.

Come on cully, Mavs did look like shit in the first, but they went to war from the second quarter until about 3 minutes left in the 4th. It was easy to see the change in intensity.

hats off to the refs for letting them play for the most part.... very few ticky-tack fouls.

Cessation
03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Mavs showed hardly any energy out there, it seemed a less satisfactory win, than it could be.

phyzik
03-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Mavs showed hardly any energy out there, it seemed a less satisfactory win, than it could be.

True, Mavs came out slacking to begin the game, but it was a definate change once the 2nd quarter started.... It got alot more physical and stayed intense until about 3 minutes left in the game.

No doubt, they tested the Spurs..... Spurs just passed that test.

BoricuaCJA
03-18-2011, 11:26 PM
GG Mavs. There were a lot of Spur fans at the game and some pretty cool Mavs fan. Shit talk was going back and forth. 9 game straight that I been to that the Spurs won. :D

TE
03-18-2011, 11:30 PM
GG Mavs. There were a lot of Spur fans at the game and some pretty cool Mavs fan. Shit talk was going back and forth. 9 game straight that I been to that the Spurs won. :D

Go to every game if you can, especially the WCF series.

Sean Cagney
03-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Go to every game if you can, especially the WCF series.

MavDynasty
03-19-2011, 12:57 AM
tbh the 2nd half bench looked like absolute dog shit without marion. playing fucking Jason Terry at small forward isn't going to win you games

100%duncan
03-19-2011, 01:02 AM
great game, one of those games that make you feel ready and confident come playoffs

Giuseppe
03-19-2011, 03:21 AM
It was a confirmation of ideals:::San Antonio's ideal of habitually twarting an opponent at crucial game junctures......Dallas' ideal of habitual incompetence at crucial game junctures.

Magic2Kobe
03-19-2011, 04:12 AM
good game spurs, only time i'll say that. we needed the chokericks to lose.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-19-2011, 05:01 AM
" Hats off to the Mavs for hanging in as long as they did."

jesus christ :lol

Rummpd
03-19-2011, 05:08 AM
The only reason the game was even close is Pop went brain dead with substitutions at the end of the 1st half. Spurs bench had a relatively bad game and Spurs still pulled away on the road as the big three began to show playoff form.

Mavs right now at best 3rd team in West and probably fading to 4th or 5th setting up a TX semifinals. Typical Mavs fade that is unreal but Dirk (who should be right there in MVP consideration at the top) can only carry that team so far. Spurs in 6 in the West semis as LAL will now most likely face the surging Thunder.

Mavs are begininng to look like a team exposed with weaknesses and lacking the depth they supposedly had and/or the true savior of the day of either Roddy B or Chandler. A team that will win over 55 games with a point differential of under 4 (was 3.85 entering last night's loss) does not portend well for the playoffs or stretch run (even though some of that low point differential was that Dirk missed a couple weeks.) Unless Caron Butler comes back strong -Charles B's "best team in TX" Mavs truly look like a psuedo power.

Thanks for folding Mavs (with an assist to Celtics and Bulls) - bottom line, Spurs won when they needed to, Mavs faded/choked whatever you want to call it and Spurs now on cruise control to top seed overall (and LAL seemingly on cruise control to 2nd seed and probably 2nd seed overall as well.) Maybe your Mavs can man up and beat LAL in thier upcoming regular season rematch or hold on to the 3rd or regain the 2nd seed? Sadly that is all probably doubtful with the over-hyped, "new look", seem to be the same old story Mavs.

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 06:39 AM
you know while im very happy about the win, things can change in one game.
say the mavs beat the shit out of the lakers and we lose by 30 again to the celtics what then?? so while were on cloud 9 be careful of being overconfident because we still are lacking down low when the bench has to show up.

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 06:41 AM
now if we beat the celtics and the big three score like this i will be confident, but guys we still have some big games to be played

sefant77
03-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Playoff Terry in the house, easy L

Im always amazed about the contested neck-breaking threes (some banked) by ~30% or lower shooter the Mavs get the past several years. ....Parker, T.Gibson, TJ Ford, D.Williams etc...