PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin closely monitoring Sterling's actions

djohn2oo8
03-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Sources say rookie sensation Blake Griffin (http://spurstalk.com/nba/players/playerpage/1685213/blake-griffin) is closely monitoring Sterling's struggles and is concerned, to say the least, about the owner's unfortunate string of public embarrassments. Under current NBA rules, players on rookie contracts have little power to influence where they play. And from the standpoint of talent and assets, the Clippers are on excellent footing going forward. But Griffin will not be tied to the Clippers forever, and there are indications he will consider not only the Clippers' ability to compete for a championship, but also the kind of owner he wants to play for when he becomes eligible (under current rules, anyway) for an extension on July 1, 2012. Would alienating the most promising player in franchise history be grounds for Sterling to finally be held accountable? The Clippers, still 42 months away from Griffin's extension eligibility, are said to be losing no sleep over the matter for now. But at some point soon, they should.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14829716/Post-ups-a-month-in-nuggets-nets-and-knicks-all-better-off

Giuseppe
03-19-2011, 09:34 AM
[But Griffin will not be tied to the Clippers forever, and there are indications he will consider not only the Clippers' ability to compete for a championship, but also the kind of owner he wants to play for when he becomes eligible]

Well, pish posh.

monosylab1k
03-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Griffin to the Mavs. I'm already printing T-Shirts to beat everyone else to the punch.

Kyle Orton
03-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I guess that takes any team owned by Robert Sarver out of the running, but he should know Phoenix loves players who are/appear white.

ohmwrecker
03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Donald Sterling is closely monitoring Blake Griffin's "actions" . . . if you know what I'm saying.

SomeCallMeTim
03-19-2011, 12:28 PM
If all the other stuff Sterling has pulled has not been enough to bring him to accountability already, why would "alienating" Griffin cause it to happen?

Let's face it, short of bankruptcy or being caught in a compromising position with an underage boy, Sterling will continue to pilot the Clippers Hindenburg to his grave.

benefactor
03-19-2011, 12:35 PM
He's not staying with Clips no matter what. He'll be on the first plane to Oklahoma the day he becomes a free agent.

j.dizzle
03-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Donald Sterling is closely monitoring Blake Griffin's "actions" . . . if you know what I'm saying.
No worries, Blake is half white.:lol

Hooks
03-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Sounds like he wants to play for a "classy" organization such as the Spurs, I can see it now, Duncan retires after winning his 6th and Blake comes in to take over.

KillerMamba
03-19-2011, 04:26 PM
He's still going to sign his rookie extension. Rookies always sign this.

greyforest
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Sounds like he wants to play for a "classy" organization such as the Spurs, I can see it now, Duncan retires after winning his 6th and Blake comes in to take over.

optimism :toast

Kyle Orton
03-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Spurs = class

rayjayjohnson
03-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I guess that takes any team owned by Robert Sarver out of the running, but he should know Phoenix loves players who are/appear white.

KO labeling people racist again