PDA

View Full Version : 'Member this?

Fpoonsie
03-19-2011, 04:15 PM
NFXj4DigFr0

Seeing Dave go off like that reminded me of that Saved By The Bell episode where Slater and Zach got into a fight. It was kinda awesome yet completely surreal.

John Basedow
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I remember that but for some reason I thought it was against the Kings

TDomination
03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I remember this very clearly. Definitely one of my favorite regular season games of all time. I recorded the Local Broadcast and still have it with Greg Pappa announcing.

David Robinson goes off and Spurs come back after that. Duncan with the step back with the shot clock running down was awesome!

Fpoonsie
03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I remember that but for some reason I thought it was against the Kings

So did I, actually. That's...bizarre.

Or was that the one that Timmy got ejected and everybody rallied together? Or have I simply gone crazy?

John Basedow
03-19-2011, 04:25 PM
So did I, actually. That's...bizarre.

Or was that the one that Timmy got ejected and everybody rallied together? Or have I simply gone crazy?

fucking weird, man...yeah i think it was the Duncan game afterall

Spursmania
03-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Watching that never gets old. It was incredible. :toast

Fpoonsie
03-19-2011, 04:36 PM
6qe5kaiTS0g

[chills]

Cane
03-19-2011, 04:38 PM
The Admiral was marching like a drill sergeant too, talking to that ref like he was a recruit that owed him some push ups :flag:

20beastie45
03-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Like the way Duncan responds

BillMc
03-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, that was great. Makes me happy to see it (thanks for the post.)

Truthfully, it makes me a little sad too. I wish Tim could still move like that. As great as he is now getting by on brains, guts and height - man he was the best with healthy knees.

And I mean THE best.:flag:

ShoogarBear
03-19-2011, 11:37 PM
One of the all-time greatest regular season Spur games. Great that it's been youtubed. I remember after that game going to the Blazers' board at the Oregonian and Blazer Fan was completely stunned. They were wailing, "Why can't we ever win games like that?"

Oh, and maybe the only time Tim was more ridiculously dominant was the Phoenix playoff game his rookie year.

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 11:52 PM
makes me smile as soon as i see d rob beasting he only got mad like that about 5 times and every time our opponent knew you better back the f up, david robinsons body was freaking scary when he was pissed

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 11:53 PM
tim was amazing my god we are a blessed team haha

arodz
03-20-2011, 12:36 AM
I remember a game late in the 1995 season against the Rockets, when Dave REALLY lost it for a bad call. Dave sprinted right into the ref's face and was throwing air punches. He didn't get ejected; only called for a Tech, but the weird part was Rodman was trying to be the peacemaker. I wish someone had video of that blowup.

Tigole Bitties
03-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Wait a minute.... Felton Spencer used to be a Spur?

Brutalis
03-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Awww how cute, the dawn of the thug look head bands.

ajh18
03-20-2011, 01:36 AM
makes me smile as soon as i see d rob beasting he only got mad like that about 5 times and every time our opponent knew you better back the f up, david robinsons body was freaking scary when he was pissed

While KG nuthuggers like to point to that playoff game where Garnett slapped Tim in the back of the head as him being a badass, the thing I remember most about that game was how right before it, David shoved Garnett aside like he was nothing. The headslap was KG trying to compensate for looking like a little bitch next to David.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2011, 01:45 AM
While KG nuthuggers like to point to that playoff game where Garnett slapped Tim in the back of the head as him being a badass, the thing I remember most about that game was how right before it, David shoved Garnett aside like he was nothing. The headslap was KG trying to compensate for looking like a little bitch next to David.

KG did not want a thing to do with David, thats known there. He is a pussy, usually picks on little guards. Mostly Euro guards too! He did not want a thing to do with Peeler played it off like he did want to get suspended, had it been BENO he would have got suspended for a game or so getting TOUGH as he does, beating his chest and yelling.

BanditHiro
03-20-2011, 01:53 AM
why did Duncan have to get old...

Sean Cagney
03-20-2011, 01:59 AM
why did Duncan have to get old...

father time..............:depressed

Budkin
03-20-2011, 02:17 AM
I remember this game because we were the defending champs and the Blazers were still smarting from us sweeping their asses in the Playoffs. We were on our way to repeating, but unfortunately this is right before Timmy got hurt and was done for the season. Then we lost to Jason "Blonde" Kidd and the Suns.

gospursgojas
03-20-2011, 03:09 AM
maaaaaaaan....Ive been looking for this game forever, glad its finally been youtubed. I remember the front page of the Express News the next day read David 3:16 it was around the time Austin 3:16 (wwf/e) was huge and that was about the left in the 4th when dave got tossed. Spurs rallied to win that game. AWESOME find with a capital A.

gospursgojas
03-20-2011, 03:15 AM
:lol Samaki Walker

:lol Felton Spencer

:lol Derick Dial

That call was phooey! I disagree completely darn it!

ezau
03-20-2011, 04:24 AM
The Gasol-Bynum combo is a poor man's version of the Duncan-Robinson twin tower combination. I can't fucking believe that we had two of the greatest big men to ever lace them up playing alongside one another. We are so fucking blessed....

Chomag
03-20-2011, 04:34 AM
This makes me wish there were more available recording of when the twin towers were playing together. God, I miss those days.

shorttotry
03-20-2011, 08:35 AM
The Gasol-Bynum combo is a poor man's version of the Duncan-Robinson twin tower combination. I can't fucking believe that we had two of the greatest big men to ever lace them up playing alongside one another. We are so fucking blessed....

+1. :toast

ChuckD
03-20-2011, 11:25 AM
The Gasol-Bynum combo is a homeless man's version of the Duncan-Robinson twin tower combination. I can't fucking believe that we had two of the greatest big men to ever lace them up playing alongside one another. We are so fucking blessed....

fify

ajh18
03-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Yeah, except David and Tim were both better individually than either Gasol or Bynum playing their best. And I happen to think Gasol is underrated overall. But back in 98 and 99, David was still a dominant 20+ ppg scorer *when he needed to be) and probably the best defensive big in the game. And he was the "weaker" of the two towers.

smrattler
03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
DRob: "Gosh darn it, that is the wrong call sir! With all due respect, please make the appropriate call next time! Dag gummit, I done got myself tossed from the game and I'm very upset!!!"

Spurs front line of '99 would completly own the Lakers today.

By the way, people always underestimated Duncan's athletic ability. Just because he wasn't "explosive" and played "above the rim" doesn't mean he wasn't athletic. I always though he was very quick, great balance and silky smooth athletic. This clip shows some of that. Also, it didn't help he was playing next to a sculpted Robinson with his history of explosiveness I think, made Duncan look less athletic by comparison.

Harry Callahan
03-20-2011, 02:00 PM
The Spurs could grind teams into the ground with that bump and grind stuff (Mario Elle was still there). David was 34 or 35 but still had a lot of spring and athletic ability. A lot different group than what is here now.

They could really defend.

A lot of the nonsense about the current Spurs being "boring" comes from those late 1990s early 2000s teams (Pre Tony and Manu).

Duncan was REALLY smooth at that point in his career.

crc21209
03-20-2011, 02:10 PM
One of the BEST Spurs regular season games of ALL-TIME....:tu. Great vid....

ohmwrecker
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I forgot about Felton Spencer.