PDA

View Full Version : Overall Grade For Tiago Tonight!

20beastie45
03-19-2011, 09:48 PM
sure Novak is the person to talk about...But tiago will actually get some playing time in the playoffs(maybe)

Give him a grade! Discuss!

IMO

Toughness-A
Defense-B
Rebounding-B+
Offense-B

:flag::flag:

CubanMustGo
03-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Free Throw shooting F---

ElNono
03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
3/10 IMO... he's super green...

moisaenz
03-19-2011, 10:16 PM
7/10

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2011, 10:16 PM
B..

The fouls prevented a B+ or A-, even though that's usually expected in the NBA, considering Splitter's current status with NBA refs..he played his role very well..he made very good rotations on D, he rebounded the ball well, and he finished well at the rim..

Hopefully it leads to more PT, but I wouldn't hold my breath..

Capt Bringdown
03-19-2011, 10:18 PM
His rebounding numbers should be higher, but there's no doubt that he's the best defensive big man behind Dice. An overall grade of B+, as he was too wound up and got into early foul trouble.

As for the playoffs, well, will added length and defense improve our chances?

I reckon Pop sees the tradeoffs like this:

Splitter's "not ready" vs his length and smart defensive rotations. Pop bets on "not ready."
Bonner's piss-poor defense vs 3-pt shooting. Pop bets on 3-pt shooting.
Blair's hustle and occasional freakish rebounding numbers vs size and defensive smarts. Pop bets on Blair's hustle.

No Splitter in the playoffs unfortunately.

TD 21
03-19-2011, 10:50 PM
His rebounding numbers should be higher, but there's no doubt that he's the best defensive big man behind Dice. An overall grade of B+, as he was too wound up and got into early foul trouble.

As for the playoffs, well, will added length and defense improve our chances?

I reckon Pop sees the tradeoffs like this:

Splitter's "not ready" vs his length and smart defensive rotations. Pop bets on "not ready."
Bonner's piss-poor defense vs 3-pt shooting. Pop bets on 3-pt shooting.
Blair's hustle and occasional freakish rebounding numbers vs size and defensive smarts. Pop bets on Blair's hustle.

No Splitter in the playoffs unfortunately.

So Duncan is no better than the third best defensive big on the team?

Added length and defense will definitely improve their chances. Being able to protect the rim is more critical than ever, considering the explosiveness/athleticism of many of the elite perimeter players combined with the no hand checking rules. Splitter may not be a shot blocker, but he's still 6-11, mobile and adept at making timely defensive rotations/taking charges.

Blair needs to be dropped from the rotation. He was always the guy who eventually should have been the odd man out anyway, but it's even more of a no brainer with him not quite rebounding to the level he was last season. I thought he'd get back to that level now that he's primarily having to contend for rebounds with Bonner, instead of Duncan, but it hasn't happened.

As for Splitter's performance, he was solid. Which isn't the least bit surprising. Nor will it be next game, when he resumes being stapled to the bench.

jag
03-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Impressive on defense. It'd be interesting to see him get extended minutes with Tim.

Mugen
03-19-2011, 11:04 PM
agreed that Blair should be dropped from the rotation. Tiago looked solid like he has in most games where he gets extended playing time with the starters and not the scrubs.

still, pop doesnt give a shit and will sit him in the playoffs anyways because Tiago needs to learn to "get over himself" i guess....

Bonner lookin like he's in playoff form already, passing up open shots and brickin the wide open ones he actually takes.

Pop probably just got a hard on from all those novak 3s instead of realizing the impact of Tiagos length.

For a coach who preaches defense, he sure doesnt like playing the guys with the best defensive potential (JA, Splitter)

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 11:06 PM
solid and plays with his heart people have to think about the last time this guy even played yet were still grading him, im just happy he got to play its total bullshit that this wasn't possible during the season

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 11:09 PM
for him to play tiago like this at the end of the season means he A) either feels and hears the pressure from people besides spurstalk fans or B) he really is thinking about using him off the bench, just in case

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 11:10 PM
and believe me "just in case " will happen as soon as bonner and blair go out there together against lamar odom and tyson chandlers of the league very possible matchups

Mugen
03-19-2011, 11:15 PM
for him to play tiago like this at the end of the season means he A) either feels and hears the pressure from people besides spurstalk fans or B) he really is thinking about using him off the bench, just in case

Neither.

and believe me "just in case " will happen as soon as bonner and blair go out there together against lamar odom and tyson chandlers of the league very possible matchups

"just in case" might happen when the spurs are down 3-1 to the Lakers and Pop realizes we need to match their length because Bonner/Blair are getting obliterated. ThenPop will go into his "i shoulda played Tiago more from the beginning..." schtick that he did with rookie Hill in the Mavs series.

Thomas82
03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Neither.

"just in case" might happen when the spurs are down 3-1 to the Lakers and Pop realizes we need to match their length because Bonner/Blair are getting obliterated. ThenPop will go into his "i shoulda played Tiago more from the beginning..." schtick that he did with rookie Hill in the Mavs series.

You would think Pop would know better than to make the same mistake twice.

Capt Bringdown
03-19-2011, 11:19 PM
So Duncan is no better than the third best defensive big on the team?

Of course not. Who is our best defensive big on the team? And who's behind him? Dice, of course.
I guess I could've made it clearer, but I thought it was obvious we're talking about Duncan/Dice/Splitter.

Leonard Curse
03-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Neither.

i going through denial here and im not in that (acceptance) phase yet, im just passing the anger part lol :wakeup

EricB
03-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Did better with this opportunity than the home game vs Oklahoma City when Pop clearly tried to give him a chance to earn minutes.

taps
03-19-2011, 11:43 PM
^ Tiago did not play against the Thunder on Feb 23. That was two weeks after the Raptors game when he was injured, I believe he was still on injured reserve.

Ericb, did you mean a different Thunder game?

Strategic
03-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Will Pop rest McDyess in two days against Golden State and let Splitter start in that spot, thus not interupting the rotation for that game?

:flag::wakeup:flag:

jay_shs
03-20-2011, 01:20 AM
DeJuan Blair = Malik Rose

He should get burn against smaller, run-and-gun teams in the playoffs.

Whoops--those kinds of teams no longer exist in the West. 100 isn't going to be a number sighted in the West playoffs very much this year like it has been the last 10 years with the likes of the 00-05 Kings, 01-05 Mavs, 04-10 Suns, 05 Sonics, 07 Warriors, 06-10 Jazz or 04-10 Nuggets being out of playoff existence now. Nearly all of the West's elite teams now play two legit big men in their respective starting lineup; the Spurs cannot afford to be an exception.

Brutalis
03-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Blair is a lot better than Rose. Blair shows consistency, something Rose never had. And Blair can rebound with the best of them despite his size.

sa_kid20
03-20-2011, 01:40 AM

I'm pretty sure the only reason that Tiago started was so the bench rotation wouldn't get screwed up by putting Blair or Bonner in the starting lineup. Sometimes when a main guy (like TD tonight) is gonna be out, an end of the bench guy will get the start to keep everything else in working order. Honestly thats all I took from Tiago's playing time tonight. Unfortunately.

admiralsnackbar
03-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Or C, Pop decided to give Tiago some mercy minutes against a hobbled and unimpressive team the way we saw with Mahinmi against the Nets last season.

I'd love to see Splitter get more burn during games, but I don't think tonight's game really provides us with any hints as to what Pop's plans for him are in the post-season.

alfahdlan
03-20-2011, 01:48 AM
With the way things turned out. do you think TD deserves another day off. Say the next game?

ElNono
03-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Blair is a lot better than Rose. Blair shows consistency, something Rose never had. And Blair can rebound with the best of them despite his size.

Consistency is the last word I would use to describe Blair. I do think he can be a better player than Malik, and that he rebounds better than Malik ever will, but let's not get crazy. He legitimately cannot compete with 'the best of them' rebounding on a consistent basis.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Blair.

mingus
03-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Malik had that deadly midrange jumper and he was a much better defender than Blair in the post and at taking charges. he couldn't finish as well as Blair, but that's about it.

Budkin
03-20-2011, 02:42 AM
He's our only chance against long bigs like Pau and Odom. He knows what the fuck he's doing on D, so Pop better play his ass.

G-Dawgg
03-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Tiago is a bust.

admiralsnackbar
03-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Malik had that deadly midrange jumper and he was a much better defender than Blair in the post and at taking charges. he couldn't finish as well as Blair, but that's about it.

Well that... and the rebounding. And the surprising speed. And the great hands and passing. And the high basketball IQ. Otherwise Rose was the better player. Ball-breaking aside, though -- I totally agree Malik was the better defender.

Rummpd
03-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Pop seems to be losing some faith in Blair and I would not be surprised at all to see Splitter move into the 4th of the bench role in the playoffs - with Bonner of course being Pop's first choice to spell either Duncan or Dice.. That ok for me, although I do think Splitter should move ahead of Bonner as well against Mavs or LAL. Most importantly, I think Blair should only be on the floor with two other players at least his height at all times except for 5-10 minute stretches when the opposition coach also might go small.

Fireball
03-20-2011, 07:22 AM
I saw this game what I saw all season ... Tiago deserves minutes with the starters because of his defense. His offense keeps improving. We need his size and toughness - I would wish him limited playing time in the playoffs so foul trouble would not be an issue anyway. Lets see what happens ...

blizz
03-20-2011, 07:40 AM
c he sucks

Warlord23
03-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Tiago rotates well on defense and can execute the pick-n-roll well on offense. His major problem is that he doesn't have the strength to box out and get rebounds against opposing centers, or go to the hoop strong. He also seemed gassed yesterday after a stretch of minutes. He may be fundamentally sound, but right now physically he doesn't have what it takes. That may change if he works out in the off-season and puts on some muscle. But he probably won't be a factor in this year's playoff run.

Capt Bringdown
03-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Tiago rotates well on defense and can execute the pick-n-roll well on offense. His major problem is that he doesn't have the strength to box out and get rebounds against opposing centers, or go to the hoop strong. He also seemed gassed yesterday after a stretch of minutes. He may be fundamentally sound, but right now physically he doesn't have what it takes. That may change if he works out in the off-season and puts on some muscle. But he probably won't be a factor in this year's playoff run.

All legit beefs, but isn't the bottom line length and defense?

Of course Splitter's not ready - but neither is Blair or Bonner. Length and defense is the thing.
Blair & Bonner are cute regular season gimmicks - that's it.

silverblk mystix
03-20-2011, 08:38 AM

The reason his is not in GAME shape---

is because HE HASN'T HAD A FUCKIN' CHANCE TO PLAY IN FUCKIN NBA GAMES!!!!!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

The way to get into game shape is to PLAY in games not get DNP AFTER DNP!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang

ploto
03-20-2011, 08:43 AM

Back to back; Tim resting; not disrupting the rotation; weak opponent

Dr. Gonzo
03-20-2011, 09:04 AM
He's our only chance against long bigs like Pau and Odom. He knows what the fuck he's doing on D, so Pop better play his ass.

What happens if he doesn't play him?

biskvito
03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I think he's still out of rhythm. His NBA career has been DNPs and garbage minutes. I hope he gets a better chance next season.

wildbill2u
03-20-2011, 09:22 AM
There were games this year where Tiago didn't get minutes because Pop was trying some weird small ball rotation or simply left in the guys that had been here for a while.

Those lost minutes could have been key in Tiago's learning process--but they didn't happen. With all the FO hype about him when he was drafted and later, it seems crazy not to give him every possible minute that could have been squeezed out during the season if the FO and Pop truly believe he will be a good player for us.

I remember Blair got some minutes as a rookie. If Splitter isn't considered as advanced as Blair was during his rookie season does that mean we are going to go forward with a midget center for the forseeable future?

silverblk mystix
03-20-2011, 09:26 AM
There were games this year where Tiago didn't get minutes because Pop was trying some weird small ball rotation or simply left in the guys that had been here for a while.

Those lost minutes could have been key in Tiago's learning process--but they didn't happen. With all the FO hype about him when he was drafted and later, it seems crazy not to give him every possible minute that could have been squeezed out during the season if the FO and Pop truly believe he will be a good player for us.

I remember Blair got some minutes as a rookie. If Splitter isn't considered as advanced as Blair was during his rookie season does that mean we are going to go forward with a midget center for the forseeable future?

The MAIN problem was signing BONNER...:bang:bang:bang

THIS was and still is the biggest failure the fo had ever had...

If the spurs DON'T win it all with Bonner playing more than Tiago...it will be the biggest choke job ever

I am talking about Pop choking--no-one else.

bigfan
03-20-2011, 09:27 AM
I think the progress of Tiago as a Spur is going just fine. I believe they are thinking long term with him (as opposed to Blair) and are being careful bringing him up to speed. Blair was ready right out of school but unfortunately I dont think he will last in the league (I hope Im wrong). Tiago has the size and talent but needs more development as a Spur. I see him getting more minutes in the future.

Mel_13
03-20-2011, 09:38 AM
The MAIN problem was siging BONNER...:bang:bang:bang

THIS was and still is the biggest failure the fo had ever had...

If the spurs DON'T win it all with Bonner playing more than Tiago...it will be the biggest choke job ever

I am talking about Pop choking--no-one else.

Here ya go....

http://bhsaplit09.wikispaces.com/file/view/prozac10c.jpg/71399413/prozac10c.jpg

Indazone
03-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Well at least the Spurs have a big that can give 6 fouls to Pau and Andrew :lol

Ditty
03-20-2011, 10:13 AM
lol @ the Bonner haters still

Yeah sure it was a bad opponent.

Tiago did a good job on Defense, and a great pick n roll defender, I guess he has been learning alot from timmy which I like, and hopefully continue learning.

It was funny when he air balled a free throw because he hasn't been actually bad at the line all year, I guess it was just rust, I hope.

Offensive game needs alot of work, but I like what he brings around the rim, with his length, but I think he needs to be alot more aggressive, and dramatic when he gets contact at the rim. Of course Parker, and Manu did a great job by giving him the ball. Hopefully this summer, like the Spurs do with all there young players, is work with him on a 10 foot jumper, and polishing up those post moves to even make that ugly hook shot more effective, and of course he needs to get stronger.

Splitter needs more playing time I believe just in case size causes us problems in the playoffs, if our shots aren't going down.

Warlord23
03-20-2011, 10:25 AM
All legit beefs, but isn't the bottom line length and defense?

Of course Splitter's not ready - but neither is Blair or Bonner. Length and defense is the thing.
Blair & Bonner are cute regular season gimmicks - that's it.

I agree - all 3 bench bigs have significant flaws. Since it isn't a clear cut decision, it comes down to Pop's priorities. Unfortunately, Pop over the years has fallen in love with the concept of the "stretch 4" - which means Bonner is the first big off the bench. Between Blair's rebounding + put-backs and Splitter's defense, it appears that Pop values the former more. He probably feels that in the absence of a Bowen-type stopper and Duncan's decline, offense has become more important that defense to this avatar of the Spurs.

I'm not saying I agree with him - I was horrified when they signed Bonner, and am even more appalled at the minutes he's getting. But it's clear where Pop's preferences lie. That's the way this team has operated all year.

Spursnlego
03-20-2011, 10:45 AM
B+ for his play last night.
F--- free throw shooting
Chip Engelland has some work to do on his shot...

BackHome
03-20-2011, 12:04 PM
I can tell you from when Splitter played against Bynum he played him pretty good. Aslo it was pretty clear that Bynum didn't like that and was doing he cheap punk fouls.....You put Splitter on Bynum and either two things happen they both get ejected or one of them fouls out.

BRs.Ganso
03-20-2011, 12:31 PM
B+ for his play last night.
F--- free throw shooting
Chip Engelland has some work to do on his shot...

Agree 100%!

You said all in few words.

Splitter's FT style now is different from what I watched in last five years, I think they are trying to make him a better free throw shooter, but its not working yet. :lol

mingus
03-20-2011, 01:52 PM
lol @ the Bonner haters still

Yeah sure it was a bad opponent.

Tiago did a good job on Defense, and a great pick n roll defender, I guess he has been learning alot from timmy which I like, and hopefully continue learning.

It was funny when he air balled a free throw because he hasn't been actually bad at the line all year, I guess it was just rust, I hope.

Offensive game needs alot of work, but I like what he brings around the rim, with his length, but I think he needs to be alot more aggressive, and dramatic when he gets contact at the rim. Of course Parker, and Manu did a great job by giving him the ball. Hopefully this summer, like the Spurs do with all there young players, is work with him on a 10 foot jumper, and polishing up those post moves to even make that ugly hook shot more effective, and of course he needs to get stronger.

Splitter needs more playing time I believe just in case size causes us problems in the playoffs, if our shots aren't going down.

don't worry it'll happen.

Strategic
03-20-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm also a big fan of Blair's. It just that he has developed a habit of trying to finish like he's Tony Parker in the lane. The continued dipsy-do under the basket underhand crap is just crap. Maybe Pop has seen enough of that from him. Splitter would rate a 6 to me. I definitely think that Tiago has a lot of PT coming in the final 13 games of the season, mainly because of TD and AM getting rested for the playoffs. I look for him to show a consistent side with increased playing time.

:wakeup go :flag: go!!!!!!!

itzsoweezee
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
He played great. He's obviously a much, much, much better player than Boner. It's not even close. Too bad popovich is so full of himself he refuses to admit he's wrong.

rmt
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Hope that Pop gives either TD (only against bad teams) or Dice games off for the remainder of the RS games. Play Splitter as much as possible. Blair and Bonner are good for RS games against teams with small 4s but not against teams like LA and MEM or even MINN or BOS (when they play KG and Shaq together).

For those complaining about Splitter's offense, it will come with playing time as he adjusts and learns. The good base is there - height, length, quick feet, rotating/help defense. I loved the pick and roll with Manu and finally, some rim protection.

Sounds like Manu might get a couple games off too - although I think he's much more a rhythm player than TD or Dice.

Splits
03-20-2011, 03:15 PM
He played great. He's obviously a much, much, much better player than Boner. It's not even close. Too bad popovich is so full of himself he refuses to admit he's wrong.

This is very stupid. Maybe the stupidest thing I've read on the internets all day.

ploto
03-20-2011, 04:18 PM
There are days I can not help but wonder if Splitter has been penalized this season for not signing the first time he could.

Spurs Brazil
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Tiago did a good job today, I liked his rotations on D.

And on offense is much easier to play with TP and Manu on the pick and roll then Quinn and Hill.

So far Blair is not even close to Malik. Blair is still very young and I think he can learn a lot and maybe surprise Malik. But people need to remember Malik helped guard Shaq in 99 and 03. In 03 he also did a good job on Dirk in the first 3 games of the series.

Malik was a very solid player for us

tuncaboylu
03-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Tiago did a good job today, I liked his rotations on D.

And on offense is much easier to play with TP and Manu on the pick and roll then Quinn and Hill.

So far Blair is not even close to Malik. Blair is still very young and I think he can learn a lot and maybe surprise Malik. But people need to remember Malik helped guard Shaq in 99 and 03. In 03 he also did a good job on Dirk in the first 3 games of the series.

Malik was a very solid player for us

Blair has much more potential than Malik. Right now he can't serve as Malik did, but he will be much better in 2 years.

Capt Bringdown
03-21-2011, 03:07 AM
There are days I can not help but wonder if Splitter has been penalized this season for not signing the first time he could.

Missing training camp is clearly being held against him to some weird, disproportionate measure. How f'n essential can training camp be?
But for Pop, Training camp > 82 game regular season.
Pop, get over yourself indeed. And stop being so predictable.

Ice009
03-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Missing training camp is clearly being held against him to some weird, disproportionate measure. How f'n essential can training camp be?
But for Pop, Training camp > 82 game regular season.
Pop, get over yourself indeed. And stop being so predictable.

Pop did the same thing in 2006 with Nazr. He missed training camp that season and got screwed around all throughout the season and playoffs until he was benched in the Kings and Mavs series. Some will say it was the 3 against the Kings, but I recall Nazr getting screwed around in the regular season too.

Obstructed_View
03-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Pop did the same thing in 2006 with Nazr. He missed training camp that season and got screwed around all throughout the season and playoffs until he was benched in the Kings and Mavs series. Some will say it was the 3 against the Kings, but I recall Nazr getting screwed around in the regular season too.

I thought Rasho was the starter, but he sprained his ankle, then Nazr took over and Rasho never got his job back even though he was healthy, and then Pop benched them both in the playoffs. Maybe I'm thinking of a different season.

Perhaps the more apt comparison is the 31 year old rookie center who didn't get any minutes at all and started for a title team the next year.

Whisky Dog
03-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Tiago's wishing he'd stayed in Spain

moisaenz
03-21-2011, 11:07 AM
I think tiago has done all he can in Spain.... he was just going to get old in Spain... Right now he is in the NBA on a title contender team,playing along the best power foward of all time... how can he prefer to play in Spain.? I bet he is learning a lot he is just not getting the playing time.

Obstructed_View
03-21-2011, 12:13 PM
He could have stayed and gotten another Euroleague MVP award.

Strategic
03-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Has anyone seen Tiago even look at the hoop from outside of 10 feet, unless he was shooting a free throw? I get the feeling that if Pop even see's Splitter throw up a fifteen footer in practice he bitch slaps him across the face. I think Splitter came from a place where there might not have been a system at all to a place with the most stringent of systems. As long as the Spurs keep winning, the last dozen games of this season will be Tiago's pre season camp. As long as he stays out of foul trouble he should get plenty of PT.

GO :flag: GO !!!!!

moisaenz
03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Has anyone seen Tiago even look at the hoop from outside of 10 feet, unless he was shooting a free throw? I get the feeling that if Pop even see's Splitter throw up a fifteen footer in practice he bitch slaps him across the face. I think Splitter came from a place where there might not have been a system at all to a place with the most stringent of systems. As long as the Spurs keep winning, the last dozen games of this season will be Tiago's pre season camp. As long as he stays out of foul trouble he should get plenty of PT.

GO :flag: GO !!!!!

Can he shoot it from midrange?? If he can wouldn't his game be similar to Mcdyess except the rebounds????

Obstructed_View
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Splitter was Dwight Howard in Europe, so it's not like he spent much time taking shots from outside ten feet.

tuncaboylu
03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't think that Tiago is worrying about not staying in Europe.

Yes he was one of the best centers in Europe, he was an excellent player, he was a magnificent defender and he was a brilliant team leader(Hello Manu_Forever)

But he has an ambition to play in NBA and he knows that adaptation period would take some time.
1- Spurs have tones off offensive schemes which RJ spent 1 full season and 1 summer to understand them.
2- The centers in NBA are much more physical then Europe especially for Splitter who has a SF body.
3- Defensive 3 second rule is not a rule in Europe.

And now, Splitter started to find chance and produce. He was great on defense against Charlotte, movements were perfect. Only foul trouble was a matter in that day. And yesterday night he did 10 pts-14 rebs after Duncan injured. That's very nice for a guy whose main repertoire doesn't include rebounds. There are tones of centers in NBA who couldn't live a 14 rebounds night in their whole life but Splitter did it in his second full game and 26 minutes action.

cutewizard
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM

is because HE HASN'T HAD A FUCKIN' CHANCE TO PLAY IN FUCKIN NBA GAMES!!!!!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

The way to get into game shape is to PLAY in games not get DNP AFTER DNP!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang

Correct!

This is the best post I have read in a hundred years!

Russ
03-22-2011, 09:20 AM

I think Tiago's Yugo dented Pop's Bentley at the practice facility -- that's the only thing I can think of.

Strategic
03-22-2011, 10:06 AM

OK alright already!!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

moisaenz
03-22-2011, 11:33 AM
For a guy who should be completely out of rhythm he did well.. He is not going to be our saviour, he will produce as much as timmy has done so offensively. Defensively he needs to learn when to be aggressive since foul trouble is a major issue for any frontcourt rookie and tyson chandler lol...

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/...tis/index.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=GR&state=

BRs.Ganso
03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/...tis/index.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=GR&state=

:lmao

mingus
03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
If we make it to the Finals, it'll be solely because of Splitter. Splitter will win Finals MVP. With 3 Euroleague MVPs and 3 Euroleague Championship MVPs to go along with his Final's MVP, he'll have the basketball HoF locked up.

rmt
03-22-2011, 12:23 PM

Ditto. Pop and the FO need to "get over themselves" regarding Splitter (and Scola) and do what is/was best for the team. Seems as if they hold grudges like the teenage girls in my dd's church group.

Do wish that TD's injury had happened earlier in the season, forcing Pop's hand and maybe Splitter would have had the whole season to be integrated but better late than never.

spursfaninla
03-22-2011, 01:30 PM
euroleague centers are much more physical than nba centers. It is now proven that you have never in your life seen a euroleague game.

Every time team usa plays a european team their centers and power forwards get absolutely manhandled because the european big men are so much more physical.

Splitter is soft not because it is the nba. He is soft because he himself is soft. He always has been.

Actually the nba is a really soft league in general. The euroleague and fiba is much much much more physical than the nba is. It's why tim duncan struggled so much in fiba basketball. He could not handle the level of physicality.

Splitter was never the leader of baskonia. During his career there the leaders were scola and prigioni and then after they left the leaders were huertas and especially san emeterio.

Splitter was never the leader of his team. Please stop lying to these americans.

kbp?

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
kbp?

Welcome to the worst-kept secret on Spurstalk. You're late.

tuncaboylu
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Euroleague centers are much more physical than NBA centers. It is now proven that you have never in your life seen a Euroleague game.

Every time Team USA plays a European team their centers and power forwards get absolutely manhandled because the European big men are so much more physical.

Splitter is soft not because it is the NBA. He is soft because he himself is soft. He always has been.

Actually the NBA is a really soft league in general. The Euroleague and FIBA is much much much more physical than the NBA is. It's why Tim Duncan struggled so much in FIBA basketball. He could not handle the level of physicality.

Splitter was never the leader of Baskonia. During his career there the leaders were Scola and Prigioni and then after they left the leaders were Huertas and especially San Emeterio.

Splitter was NEVER the leader of his team. Please STOP lying to these Americans.

Stop trying to prove me not to watch a Euroleague game, I live in Europe you moron. How many times should I say it to you? I'm watching Pana-Barca game live on TV at the moment.

NBA centers are much more pyhsical than European guys. Did Splitter tried to defend a body like Dwight Howard in Europe? Like Chandler? Like Shaq? Like Bynum? NBA players are much more stronger then European guys.

Splitter was the leader and emotinal leader of the team in Baskonia. His athetic abilities and flashes were very valuable for the team. He would be Euroleague MVP this year if only he could stay in his team.

Knoxxx
03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I just liked the flash I saw from Splitter when we put him in to defend Gasol in the blowout loss to the Lakers. He was clearly stronger than Gasol and his active defense was disruptive on the gift from the Grizzlies. Van Gumby or one of those even commented he really liked Splitter's presence defensively.

BRs.Ganso
03-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Stop trying to prove me not to watch a Euroleague game, I live in Europe you moron. How many times should I say it to you? I'm watching Pana-Barca game live on TV at the moment.

NBA centers are much more pyhsical than European guys. Did Splitter tried to defend a body like Dwight Howard in Europe? Like Chandler? Like Shaq? Like Bynum? NBA players are much more stronger then European guys.

Splitter was the leader and emotinal leader of the team in Baskonia. His athetic abilities and flashes were very valuable for the team. He would be Euroleague MVP this year if only he could stay in his team.

Excellent! said all in just few words! :toast

Bill_Brasky
03-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Dejuan Blair just said "People forget that Tiago was the best player in Europe the last couple of years".

Guess he's an idiot too.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 05:59 PM

Doh. An actual European. KBP needs to start faking the accent again.

BRs.Ganso
03-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Schortsanitis have more offensive fouls not called than points in his career. :lol