PDA

View Full Version : what do you do if you were to catch a very close family member cheating?

TE
03-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Today I caught my uncle (a father figure to me growing up) cheating on his wife with some chick. Didn't know how to respond or confront him because I was to shocked to see a role model doing such a thing.

The worst part about this incident is that my girlfriend was with me. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life up to date.

What would you all do if you were in such a situation??

greyforest
03-20-2011, 03:06 AM
if you're gonna confront somebody, confront him. if you aren't, then you better shut up about it for the rest of your life.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2011, 03:22 AM
do something about it, don't leave your aunt hanging like that

tell your bitch ass uncle that if he doesn't discuss it with his wife, that you will directly. at least this is what I would do. It's tough because you're ratting out a family member, but another family member is also exposed.

Pick of Destiny
03-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Give him a high five and move on. And what does your GF have to do with it?

admiralsnackbar
03-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Confront him if you don't mind jeopardizing your relationship with him forever. Otherwise? Since you're in a catch 22 between doing what is "right," and wrecking a family by telling your aunt, or living with doing the "wrong" thing by not doing anything; I'd take the option with the least blow-back to others and let it be. In the end, it really isn't your business what he does.

silverblk mystix
03-20-2011, 07:29 AM
I would wait to see what your uncle says or thinks about it...hear his side.

Sometimes, things aren't exactly what they seem...and I would probably end up minding my own business....

seems like your uncle is creating his own problems...why get involved in it?

silverblk mystix
03-20-2011, 07:33 AM
...oh yeah...

as far as the role model thing...I would re-evaluate having any role models...

we are all human and we usually seek our own fulfillment of desires before anyone else's...and that includes--you,me & everyone else...

so placing someone as any kind of a role model will usually end up in disappointment...in other words...

SEE THROUGH PEOPLE...see through yourself-if you want to be really honest with yourself...and you will never be disappointed.

CuckingFunt
03-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I would go home and immediately seek the advice of an interweb message board. So, I'd say you're off to a good start.

Don Draper
03-20-2011, 08:47 AM
My advice? Stay quiet about it. Let's be perfectly honest here. We all know that men and women have different needs. Women need to feel loved, they need to feel needed. So you put a ring on their finger, give them their fairytale wedding, and let them cook and clean for you. Don't complicate that.

Men, well that's another story. We all know men need more than one woman to keep them satisfied sexually. Lord knows I do. Every man should be allowed a mistress or ten. Your uncle is no different.

Summers
03-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I would mind my own business.

Dark Gable
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
So did you catch him giving it to her hard or just that they were together? Big difference and you shouldn't assume he is cheating.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Nothing.

silverblk mystix
03-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I would go home and immediately seek the advice of an interweb message board. So, I'd say you're off to a good start.

...always trying to take away someone else's fun...:lol

AmericanPsycho
03-20-2011, 09:28 AM
blackmail

Dr. Gonzo
03-20-2011, 09:28 AM
It depends on if it's your blood uncle or uncle by marriage. Side with your blood relative. If your aunt is blood narc that bitch out. If she isn't then just tell him to give you money and move on with your life.

JoeyGreco
03-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Tell your auntie to give me a call.

mrsmaalox
03-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Well you only witnessed a small snippet of the whole picture. If you said anything to him or your aunt they could very well tell you to myob, as it really is only their business.

You saw him and he saw you, so if he was cheating, he is well aware of what he needs to do to fix it, so leave it up to him. And as far as the role model thing goes, he probably doesn't know he is your role model and would probably rather not be anyone's role model anyway.

Bukefal
03-20-2011, 11:42 AM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2011, 12:18 PM
is the auntie blood related to you?

if not, bribe for sex

DarkReign
03-20-2011, 12:20 PM

Nothing.

Best advice in this thread.

BlackSwordsMan
03-20-2011, 12:20 PM
your aunt aint fulfilling him if hes really like you're father let him have fun

Kai
03-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I would talk to him about it but wouldn't tell anyone else. At least not yet.

tlongII
03-20-2011, 01:42 PM
It depends on if it's your blood uncle or uncle by marriage. Side with your blood relative. If your aunt is blood narc that bitch out. If she isn't then just tell him to give you money and move on with your life.

:tu

IronMexican
03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
My advice? Stay quiet about it. Let's be perfectly honest here. We all know that men and women have different needs. Women need to feel loved, they need to feel needed. So you put a ring on their finger, give them their fairytale wedding, and let them cook and clean for you. Don't complicate that.

Men, well that's another story. We all know men need more than one woman to keep them satisfied sexually. Lord knows I do. Every man should be allowed a mistress or ten. Your uncle is no different.

Cool troll, CF.

IronMaxipad
03-20-2011, 02:15 PM
black mail

fraga
03-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Extortion...

The Reckoning
03-20-2011, 02:43 PM
mind your own business. youre going to be doing the same shit in 10-20 years.

TE
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
My uncle is related to me through blood. He is my mom's brother.

My girlfriend has something to do with this because she caught her father cheating on her mom a couple of years ago, so it reminded her of that incident IN A VERY BAD WAY.

Anyhow, to anyone who gave some legit input, thanks.

ploto
03-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Does he know you saw him?

Sisk
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Wait.. so did you see him fucking her or what? I don't get how you know she's his mistress..

TE
03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
They weren't fucking, but they were together. Yeah, he knows I saw him with her. Body language indicated they were intimate to each other. Once he saw me, he immediately came up to me to to say hi or whatever, and introduce me to his "friend". He texted me after I left and said that was a high school girlfriend.

Destro
03-20-2011, 06:51 PM

exactly, welcome to adulthood kiddo.

Stringer_Bell
03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
They weren't fucking, but they were together. Yeah, he knows I saw him with her. Body language indicated they were intimate to each other. Once he saw me, he immediately came up to me to to say hi or whatever, and introduce me to his "friend". He texted me after I left and said that was a high school girlfriend.

Why wouldn't you believe him? If you were with some chick in high school, met up with her a few years later for small talk, wouldn't you still be a little flirty? It doesn't seem that uncommon unless you saw them buying condoms, lube, and anal beads together.

Also, I wouldn't blackmail in exchange for that mistress pussy. Bad move IMO.

Sisk
03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Why wouldn't you believe him? If you were with some chick in high school, met up with her a few years later for small talk, wouldn't you still be a little flirty? It doesn't seem that uncommon unless you saw them buying condoms, lube, and anal beads together.

Also, I wouldn't blackmail in exchange for that mistress pussy. Bad move IMO.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

koriwhat
03-20-2011, 09:15 PM
let bygones be bygones and mind your own damn biz. if it ain't your problem, then don't be a little bitch rat.

i hate cheaters too TC.

Oh, Gee!!
03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
ask him and his lady friend if they are down for a four-way with you and your date.

CuckingFunt
03-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Cool troll, CF.

Ain't mine. I remain troll free.

Blake
03-21-2011, 08:11 AM
if there's one thing i cant stand it's cheaters

i hate cheaters too TC.

How much longer does koriwhat have to go before he's initiated into the gang, tc?

Bukefal
03-21-2011, 08:14 AM
if there's one thing i cant stand it's cheaters

+1

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 09:52 AM

Doesn't really sound like he's cheating. Yes, it looks odd but doesn't mean he's cheating. I would pay it no mind unless he wants to address you.

Hungry farmer
03-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Never go against the family.

Jimcs50
03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
None of your business, so STFU.

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Doesn't really sound like he's cheating. Yes, it looks odd but doesn't mean he's cheating. I would pay it no mind unless he wants to address you.

I was having lunch with a second cousin a couple of months ago that is really hot. A bunch of women from my bank walked in that knew me and some of them knew my wife...It was hilarious..you could tell we were the primary source conversation/gossip the whole lunch...they kept making these quick glances at us the whole lunch...one of them even came over to the table and said "hi" and obviously waited to be introduced to my "girlfriend"...:lmao

I just said, Cathy, this is Beth...no explanation, no excuses, etc...:lol

Jimcs50
03-21-2011, 12:02 PM

Probably hooked up through Facebook, it is number one reason for divorce lately.

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Probably hooked up through Facebook, it is number one reason for divorce lately.

I check old girlfriends on facebook...Usually it's OMG, what the hell HAPPENED to her? I haven't found one yet I would want to hook back up with...

JoeChalupa
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I've always told my friends that I may not bring it up but I won't lie for them either if I catch them cheating.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I was having lunch with a second cousin a couple of months ago that is really hot. A bunch of women from my bank walked in that knew me and some of them knew my wife...It was hilarious..you could tell we were the primary source conversation/gossip the whole lunch...they kept making these quick glances at us the whole lunch...one of them even came over to the table and said "hi" and obviously waited to be introduced to my "girlfriend"...:lmao

I just said, Cathy, this is Beth...no explanation, no excuses, etc...:lol

Nice! Always leave them wanting more.