PDA

View Full Version : Which officiating would you prefer?

TE
03-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Seeing as march madness has provided it's bouts of incredibly questionable officiating, would you prefer it over NBA officiating, or would you keep NBA officiating?

DJ Mbenga
03-20-2011, 11:12 PM
all 3 are different. games. in fiba you can legally goaltend(im sure illgauskas likes to hear that)

TE
03-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Why would anyone pick FIBA?

Give a legit reason.

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Why would anyone pick FIBA?

Give a legit reason.

Perhaps indifferent, pure basketball fans that do not particularly support any team? Good old fashion pick up ball, no harm no foul.

I'm not choosing it, perhaps a potential legitimate reason out there.

Pelicans78
03-21-2011, 03:16 AM
College officials are really poor. Not sure if they're susceptible to corruption, but they're amateur officials. I went with FIBA by default since neither college or NBA officials are decent.

Blackjack
03-21-2011, 03:20 AM
NBA officials are clearly the best there are. It's not even close.

You want to say that's an indictment on officiating? No prob. But not-even-close . . .

cherylsteele
03-21-2011, 07:14 AM
I just want consistency.

Cry Havoc
03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
NBA officials are clearly the best there are. It's not even close.

You want to say that's an indictment on officiating? No prob. But not-even-close . . .

They've gotten much worse over the years, though. There is absolutely no consistency, no rhyme or reason to the calls they make anymore. Basically, if they feel like blowing a whistle, it's a foul. How else do you explain heavy contact with 2-3 players down on the court on one end with no call, and then a light bump of the point guard on the other end an immediate whistle? It just makes no sense. A "blocking foul" no longer exists by definition because of how impossibly inconsistently it's called.

TE
03-21-2011, 09:47 AM
They've gotten much worse over the years, though. There is absolutely no consistency, no rhyme or reason to the calls they make anymore. Basically, if they feel like blowing a whistle, it's a foul. How else do you explain heavy contact with 2-3 players down on the court on one end with no call, and then a light bump of the point guard on the other end an immediate whistle? It just makes no sense. A "blocking foul" no longer exists by definition because of how impossibly inconsistently it's called.

This.

Zelophehad
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
FIBA allows more physical play. +1 for FIBA

Giuseppe
03-21-2011, 09:50 AM
^Your (Spurs) team, as much as any other (us included) have benefited grreatly from NBA Officiating.

You closed your eyes to it when you were ringin' left & right, just as we have.

You've no room.

TE
03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
So far, FIBA officiating kicks ass among most of you all. I can't say the same. After seeing how questionable the calls could be the past couple Olympics and International tournaments, I digress.