PDA

View Full Version : Bogut calls out Kobe?

sickdsm
06-03-2005, 09:26 AM
"The problem these days is money, and the guys just all want to be all-stars," Bogut said. "That [Dream Team] was all all-stars, the best of the best. But they were professional in their manner, on and off the court. They weren't immature kids coming out of high school. Not to knock the high schoolers, but those players had had been through the college process. They learned to gain respect from coaches, Dean Smith and so on. Then they got to the NBA and they got beat up by other teams before they succeeded, Jordan getting beat up by the Pistons and so on." Washington Post

"Bogut went on: "These days, guys play 82 games a year where the ball is going through them every game. All of a sudden, they train with the best of the best and there's not enough basketballs on the court. It's a cliche, but it's so true, I think. They really need to get more role players on the USA team, in my opinion, that aren't Dream Team caliber but just understand their role. You know, 'If you're open, shoot the three, defend your rear off and rebound. That's all we want from you.' There are guys in the league that do that, and every other country has that now except the USA. I think that's why the past four years everybody has caught up and started to beat up on the U.S." Washington Post

Bogut: "There's no one I really hate, but Kobe [Bryant] had a demeanor of being very cocky," he said. "What happened with Shaq. . . . If I had a chance to play with Shaq or Tim, if they told me to buy them groceries, I don't care, I buy them groceries. It's a gift to play with somebody like that. Kobe is probably one of the guys that, everybody knows it, he's got that cocky arrogance to him, everything has to surround around him the whole time. Otherwise, he doesn't function. That's the biggest example." Washington Post

"If you're playing with Shaquille [O'Neal], a Hall of Famer, you keep your mouth shut and play if you want more rings," Bogut continued." Washington Post

Summers
06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
:lol Damn!

ducks
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
kobe facial coming up!

sickdsm
06-03-2005, 08:05 PM
I thought about that more today and its another reason why i think Bogut will be a bust as a number one. You need to have enough pride, confidence to think, no strike that, KNOW he can not only compete but sometimes dominate the best in the league at some point of your career. Name me one superstar that said he'd jump at the chance to mop up after someone or wash their car. I agree with what he says but he's never going to be a star with that lackluster attitude.

FWIW: before Hassell was drafted he ripped Kobe as well, i think this was back in 2001 at Austin Peay.

Funny bc in that same article, which i didn't see until last year, he also said he'd love to play with KG.

E20
06-03-2005, 08:22 PM
They were going ballistic on LG.net!

:lol

AFE7FATMAN
06-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Who is bogut? :rolleyes

Do the following
1. Go back to sleep
2. Become A Soccer Fan
3. go google :lol

Sense
06-04-2005, 01:48 AM
who is bogut?

Bogut is foreseen as the next number 1 pick...

He's a great big man who used to play for Utah I believe..

Milwakee might enjoy good potential like his..

BTW...

Nice thread... I'm starting to like Bogut more now..

Dre_7
06-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Bogut wont do anything for the Bucks if they cant resign Redd.

BTW, Redd is freakin awesome! Too bad he would ask too much for the Spurs to get him. Manu Tony and Redd starting w/ Tim and Nas would be freakin incredible!!!!(never happen though!)

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2005, 09:05 AM
They were going ballistic on LG.net!

:lol
:lol Good. Fuck the lakers...

alamo50
06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
"If you're playing with Shaquille [O'Neal], a Hall of Famer, you keep your mouth shut and play if you want more rings," Bogut continued."

Nothing wrong with speaking the truth.

ducks
06-04-2005, 10:44 AM
you know kobe is a hall of famer to
why should shaq not be bashed a little on this
it takes 2 to fight

alamo50
06-05-2005, 07:57 AM
you know kobe is a hall of famer to
why should shaq not be bashed a little on this
it takes 2 to fight

Because Shaq is about winning first.

Duff McCartney
06-05-2005, 11:13 AM
http://img13.echo.cx/img13/2351/kobedunkonbogut2xr.jpg

texasqb2
06-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Because Shaq is about winning first.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

are you serious?

are you talking about the same player who is worried more about what he will say to the media than how he plays. The same person who just sits there and talks about him being the best player ever, but yet hasnt won a title in what 4 years?

alamo50
06-05-2005, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes

ducks
06-05-2005, 10:26 PM
if shaq was worried about winning why does he want a max contract
him getting a 35 million dollar extension kills the teams cap

Sense
06-06-2005, 02:15 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

are you serious?

are you talking about the same player who is worried more about what he will say to the media than how he plays. The same person who just sits there and talks about him being the best player ever, but yet hasnt won a title in what 4 years?

3 or so...

And I do believe shaq is all about winning..

he never worries more about the media than how he plays.. to me shaq is a smart player and a well focused one..

When it comes to winning.... complain about bryant, not shaq.

MadDog73
06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
And who dominated the Spurs on the Lakers in the 4th quarter all those years? Sure as hell wasnt Shaq. It was number 8

Yeah, but is was Shaq who made sure that the score was close enough for Kobe to seal the deal.

Look, the whole "who is better" argument is stupid. They needed each other to win. Neither can do it by themselves.

The only reason Shaq is in a Game 7 with the Pistons is because of Dwyane Wade. Take out Wade, and the Heat lose by 25. Of course, I don't think the Heat could win without Shaq either.

mcornelio
06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/mcornelio/040505lmbPB.jpg

KOBE IS HERE...
WHILE

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050524WP_Detroit_450.jpg

SHAQ IS HERE... WHO REALLY NEEDED WHO?

Medvedenko
06-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Ahh....more Kobe bashing...oh, I heard that he was the reason the Pope died and he invented Cancer.....
Whatever....oh and all of those arguements of Kobe's not about winning is bullshit.
You people are retards...

1Parker1
06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I really don't understand the Kobe vs. Shaq debate for this past year. While I may agree that Kobe may have been an ass for cheating on his wife, guilty of being over-cocky, and had some hand to trade Shaq, I am sure there is some blame on Shaq for that also.

Anyways, my point is this: People are calling out Kobe for screwing up the Lakers (by not even taking them to the post-season for the first time) while Shaq is getting ready for the Finals. This doesn't make any sense. First, Kobe was injured for a good portion of the year, then his second best player (Odom) got seriously injured, plus some other role players that were expected to help (Vlade), also they had no coach. You think Shaq could have carried the Lakers by himself into the post-season working with this???? Meanwhile, everyone says Shaq is still competitive since he's in the ECF. Well, as great as Shaq is, he couldn't have led the Heat here without Wade. He has yet another "Kobe" for help, a good coach, and great role-players surrounding him.

I've said it time and again. People can judge Kobe's off court antics all they want. But he hasn't had a chance to show us what he can do by himself yet, when he is healthy, has an actual coach, and decent, healthy team-mates around him. It's too soon to judge/write-off his talents on court.

Spurminator
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Shaq is all about winning as long as everyone acknowledges that he's the Man, and as long as he's getting paid 70% of the NBA Salary Cap.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Lakers were missing
Fisher, Malone, Payton, George, Divac which equals lottery.
Shaq gains
another superstar in Wade along with a 3rd option in E. Jones.

Medvedenko
06-06-2005, 02:14 PM
nuff said.....
Just food for thought...Ben Wallace has outrebounded and won more games in the last 2 series than Shaq.....yes team defense....all the blame was on Kobe last year....what about this year....

1Parker1
06-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Lakers were missing
Fisher, Malone, Payton, George, Divac which equals lottery.
Shaq gains
another superstar in Wade along with a 3rd option in E. Jones.

Exactly. And Shaq still rules all :lol

Supreme Allah
06-06-2005, 07:36 PM
It is obvious from these quotes that Andrew Bogut is a seeker of truth.

sickdsm
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM
And Shaq makes almost twice as Kobe, allowing for few good role players.

Not if you realize how the salary cap works and how much money shaq injected into that franchise this year.