PDA

View Full Version : Swap teams..

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2011, 11:28 PM
If you put Paul Pierce on the last 2 Lakers teams, do they still win the titles?..

If you put prime Hakeem instead of Dwight Howard on the Magic, do they beat the Lakers in 2009?..

If you swap Dwyane Wade with Jason Terry on last year's Mavs team, how do they do?..

Venti Quattro
03-20-2011, 11:30 PM
If you put Paul Pierce on the last 2 Lakers teams, do they still win the titles?..No

If you put prime Hakeem instead of Dwight Howard on the Magic, do they beat the Lakers in 2009?..7 games

If you swap Dwyane Wade with Jason Terry on last year's Mavs team, how do they do?..Finals

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Great thread.

Lakers wouldn't win a title with Pierce.

With Hakeem Orlando would of won in 2009.

Wade and Dirk is scary, Finals at least.

Magic2Kobe
03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
If you put Paul Pierce on the last 2 Lakers teams, do they still win the titles?..

If you put prime Hakeem instead of Dwight Howard on the Magic, do they beat the Lakers in 2009?..

If you swap Dwyane Wade with Jason Terry on last year's Mavs team, how do they do?..

1. Finals. But they lose to the Celtics. West was very weak last year.

2. Magic win in 6.

3. 50/50 they make it out the West.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Another one..

Replace KG with Dirk on the 2008 and 2010 Celtics teams, how does Boston do?..

Killakobe81
03-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Great thread.

Lakers wouldn't win a title with Pierce.

With Hakeem Orlando would of won in 2009.

Wade and Dirk is scary, Finals at least.

I agree. with 41 ... A couple of notes:

1. Remember Pierce is shooting well% wise but he has not been as good as he was in 2008 ...having to defend top tier SF's has really messed up his games. he was dominant in the playoffs in 2008 since he has been uneven ...

2. With a prime hakeem (or even shaq) no way Lakers win in 2009 not that howard wasnt good but this years Dwight is much better than Dwight from two seasons ago and he STILL is not as good as Dream or shaq ...

3. Living here in Dallas now. Dirk is probably bashed more than any star this side of Tony romo (though it can be debated if Romo is a star). Many say dirk is a #2 but I disagree. Dirk is like a 1.25 ...Not on the lebron, kobe Wade level but above the #2 types like Bosh & Pau ...give him wade and i think they are a title team ...ESPECIALLY this years squad. Even minus Caron ...

Killakobe81
03-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Another one..

I love dirk but they dont win that team was about defense ...no KG no way they ring ...

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Wade on the Mavs would be scary...and I disagree with whoever said Dirk is not a true 1, but rather more like a 1.25. Dirk is extremely efficient, shooting roughly 53% this year and is virtually unguardable when his shot is falling, which is very often. He's not only efficient, but consistent, probably more so than Wade IMO.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Love Dirk, but KG brought a defensive intensity and mindset that
few would of been able to match. In 2008 no Boston doesn't win with Dirk instead
of KG, but in 2010? yes

Killakobe81
03-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Wade on the Mavs would be scary...and I disagree with whoever said Dirk is not a true 1, but rather more like a 1.25. Dirk is extremely efficient, shooting roughly 53% this year and is virtually unguardable when his shot is falling, which is very often. He's not only efficient, but consistent, probably more so than Wade IMO.

I agree he is shooting amazing. Posted that in a thread last week. he is having probably the best shooting season by a star I have ever seen even better than Nash in his MVP year or Bird in any of his...

But dirk though improved on defense and in the post ..to me is not on that level of star/closer as those other guys. you put those two togethefr and Wade is the alpha male ...maybe not because he is less of a talent but Wade would be #1 no doubt about it ...TBH.

DJ Mbenga
03-20-2011, 11:57 PM
any time wade would be doubled dirk would have wide open jumpers. just about an automatic make

Ace
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
No, Pierce's game has fallen off a bit and while Kobe has as well, he is still better than Pierce.

If they still play the same style of basketball, no.

Finals. Dirk is a great player and has always missed consistent help. Dirk and Wade would mesh well.

Another one..

Not as well, KG is the reason behind that teams success. As crazy as he is, he is the leader.

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I agree he is shooting amazing. Posted that in a thread last week. he is having probably the best shooting season by a star I have ever seen even better than Nash in his MVP year or Bird in any of his...

But dirk though improved on defense and in the post ..to me is not on that level of star/closer as those other guys. you put those two togethefr and Wade is the alpha male ...maybe not because he is less of a talent but Wade would be #1 no doubt about it ...TBH.

I think they'd be mere equals...Wade, as you're getting at, is more versatile..can hit big jumpers and also slash, but Dirk is extremely good at what he does, jump shooting. And he's often covered by someone who cannot cover him, just because his skills with his height are absurd. With an excellent jump shooter like Dirk or Melo, those guys can get a clean, final shot off essentially every time.... Melo more due to the combination of decent height for a wing, power, and athleticism..ability to rise above, and Dirk purely on his size. If they were on the same team, Wade and Dirk, I don't see how the "final shot verdict" would ever not be decided by whoever had the better game, or whoever is hotter at the moment/down the stretch.

Donkeybong
03-21-2011, 12:04 AM
if Jordan did not retire, do you think they could have beat the Rockets in the finals?

Killakobe81
03-21-2011, 12:04 AM
I think they'd be mere equals...Wade, as you're getting at, is more versatile..can hit big jumpers and also slash, but Dirk is extremely good at what he does, jump shooting. And he's often covered by someone who cannot cover him, just because his skills with his height are absurd. With an excellent jump shooter like Dirk or Melo, those guys can get a clean, final shot off essentially every time.... Melo more due to the combination of decent height for a wing, power, and athleticism..ability to rise above, and Dirk purely on his size. If they were on the same team, Wade and Dirk, I don't see how the "final shot verdict" would ever not be decided by whoever had the better game, or whoever is hotter at the moment/down the stretch.

Dont disagree with any of this ...but I think Wade's mental makeup is more alpha/closer. Dont get me wrong ...I dont buy that dirk is a choker crap.
But ... I do think Wade is a closer on another level than dirk. Just my opinion. Besides if Wade was on Mavs with the attention Wade would draw Dirk might shoot 55% from the field ...

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2011, 12:07 AM
If they still play the same style of basketball, no.

Agreed

Killakobe81
03-21-2011, 12:07 AM
if Jordan did not retire, do you think they could have beat the Rockets in the finals?

I always believed rox get 1 but not two ...the first Rox team was not that good TBH ... but despite a shitty record the repat team with Glyde, and proven clutch Cassell and Horry i think they could of beaten the Bulls ...

Plus if you revise history Bulls would be coming off a 4 peat ...I thin rox win at least one ring. I hate when people ASSUME MJ wins like 6 or 7 straight when that has only been done once in the history of the game ...and MJ was on fumes at the end of both 3 peats (mental after the 1st) and physical after the 2nd one ...

Pelicans78
03-21-2011, 12:32 AM
If you replace CP3 with Isiah, how far do the 2008 Hornets go?

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2011, 12:46 AM
If you replace CP3 with Isiah, how far do the 2008 Hornets go?

Nowhere, shut up with your stupid ass Hornets trolling bullshit. No one cares about the Hornets, and they've been entirely irrelevant throughout their history.

Pelicans78
03-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Nowhere, shut up with your stupid ass Hornets trolling bullshit. No one cares about the Hornets, and they've been entirely irrelevant throughout their history.

You could say the same about Argentina or whoever the fuck your from.

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2011, 12:50 AM
You could say the same about Argentina or whoever the fuck your from.

Not really, but at least there's a difference in that I'm not starting 10 don't cry for me argentina threads per day

Pelicans78
03-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Not really, but at least there's a difference in that I'm not starting 10 don't cry for me argentina threads per day

Argentina :lol

ALVAREZ6
03-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Argentina :lol

:rollin

Pelicans78
03-21-2011, 12:59 AM
:rollin

You win :bang

LnGrrrR
03-21-2011, 01:11 AM

Edit: Said probably at first without checking the playoff stats, didn't realize Kobe nearly average 30 PPG. Changed from "probably" to "no".

Yup.

At least WCF.

cobbler
03-21-2011, 01:38 AM
Of course they win adding Pierce. He would be an awesome backup to Kobe.

TE
03-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Of course they win adding Pierce. He would be an awesome backup to Kobe.

Yeah. Having Pierce over Ariza and/or Artest would propel the Lakers to a better team.

Giuseppe
03-21-2011, 06:17 AM
You all would love to see Artest outta Los Angeles.

Uh, uh.

baseline bum
03-21-2011, 06:46 AM

Pierce instead of Kobe? I think they win 09, but if Boston has Bryant instead of Pierce they steamroll LA in 10.

Easily

They probably ring.

Another one..

Not well at all. No disrespect to Dirk, but it would be a horrible fit.

baseline bum
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM

Probably not after the Rockets got Drexler. I think so in 94 though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Great thread!

Pierce on the Lakers - how does that swap work? Kobe goes to the Celtics? It's crucial to the question to state who replaces Pierce in the Celtic lineup. :lol

Dream was a level above any modern bigman at both ends - he was a Top 20 of all time guy. He'd have eaten Gasol or Bynum alive as long as those Magic 3pt shooters could keep the double honest. Magic in 6, maybe 5 if the 3 is going down.

Wade + Dirk = Finals, but the D to beat the Fakers? Not last year.

Another one..

Not so good. They were all about KG's defensive intensity. Dirk duplicates PP in that scenario.

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Pierce is duplicated to the Lakers instead of Kobe, but he remains on the Celtics..