PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to face in the first round?

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Discuss and Vote

chazley
03-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Like someone else said, I don't give a shit cause if we can't beat any team in the first round we don't deserve a championship obviously.

Sean Cagney
03-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Like someone else said, I don't give a shit cause if we can't beat any team in the first round we don't deserve a championship obviously.

I said that in the other thread, and I stand by it! TAKE IT SPURS! COME AND TAKE IT! If not they are not good enough to win it all. 03 we had a trouble team in the Suns in round one, LA in round two! 05 Nuggets who were RED HOT! We beat them too. If you can't beat those hot teams then no shot at a title IMO.

DesignatedT
03-21-2011, 12:46 AM
My preference would be

Utah
Phoenix
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 12:46 AM

You shouldn't have posted here If you don't give a shit. Dumbass

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 12:48 AM
I can't believe you? It's just a question of who do you prefer for the spurs to face in the first round, you're ridiculous. To all who doesn't give a shit, well then I say we face the lakers, still wouldn't give a shit eh?

chazley
03-21-2011, 12:51 AM
I can't believe you? It's just a question of who do you prefer for the spurs to face in the first round, you're ridiculous. To all who doesn't give a shit, well then I say we face the lakers, still wouldn't give a shit eh?

Nope. If we can't beat the Lakers in the first round we can't beat them in the conference finals.

chazley
03-21-2011, 12:51 AM
My preference would be

Utah
Phoenix
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis

All of them are first round fodder with zero chance of beating us. Memphis might be the most entertaining though.

DesignatedT
03-21-2011, 12:52 AM
All of them are first round fodder with zero chance of beating us. Memphis might be the most entertaining though.

No shit...

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Nope. If we can't beat the Lakers in the first round we can't beat them in the conference finals.

yea yea yea. mr. know-it-all-but-can't-get-my-point

tdunk21
03-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Utah
Phoenix
Houston
Memphis
New Orleans

TE
03-21-2011, 01:11 AM
New Orleans by a million light years.

Sean Cagney
03-21-2011, 01:18 AM
New Orleans by a million light years.

... I agree, but if we face them all we will win IMO! Does not matter but I would rather face them or the SUNS! THE SUNS can piss me off some but they are an out in 5 IMO.

BTW NOBODY VOTED THE GRIZZ, rightfully so lol. :lol

TE
03-21-2011, 01:23 AM
... I agree, but if we face them all we will win IMO! Does not matter but I would rather face them or the SUNS! THE SUNS can piss me off some but they are an out in 5 IMO.

BTW NOBODY VOTED THE GRIZZ, rightfully so lol. :lol

In a sense, I would kind of want the Spurs to face the Grizz just to get the Spurs up and running. The Spurs will be tested in the later rounds so why not be playing at full capacity by being subjected into a round with a good quality opponent?

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 01:24 AM
In a sense, I would kind of want the Spurs to face the Grizz just to get the Spurs up and running. The Spurs will be tested in the later rounds so why not be playing at full capacity by being subjected into a round with a good quality opponent?

you have a point, but the Spurs are already proven so why do you want them to face a tough team in a first round standard?

TE
03-21-2011, 01:28 AM
you have a point, but the Spurs are already proven so why do you want them to face a tough team in a first round standard?

To get them up and running. Sure they have proved to be able to beat Memphis. But tbh, the most recent win against them (home game for the Spurs) was when they played without Rudy Gay.

It shouldn't be a problem if the Spurs play solid Spur playoff basketball. The series would go no longer than 5 games.

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 01:42 AM
To get them up and running. Sure they have proved to be able to beat Memphis. But tbh, the most recent win against them (home game for the Spurs) was when they played without Rudy Gay.

It shouldn't be a problem if the Spurs play solid Spur playoff basketball. The series would go no longer than 5 games.

ok

Sean Cagney
03-21-2011, 02:15 AM

I think now I agree, we did not want the Suns in 03 or FUCKING Nugs in 05, yet we got them done with ease later on and won it all! I agree here. Try your heart out in round one, you will win it later. GO SPURS GO :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Cane
03-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Memphis would probably be the most physical series since they have Tony Allen and Shane Battier who defend like vintage Spurs players :( They also have pretty decent size at the 4 and 5. But the Grizz lack the talent and execution to be competitive and it'd be a short but bruise-filled series especially if Rudy Gay returns less than 100%.

I picked Utah. It'd be fun to watch the Manu /Bell match-up and I think TD, Blair, and Dice will dominate the Jazz frontcourt. They could be the easiest since they seem to lack the chemistry and execution to get it done . They basically turned their franchise around whereas the Spurs have been a steady force all season, resting the Big 3.

justinandimcool
03-21-2011, 02:37 AM

Good point but that logic didn't work last year. Play a tough series, get raked the next.

It's obvious this team is at its best when the Big 3 are rested. We want a sweepable team. That's Phoenix or New Orleans.

100%duncan
03-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Good point but that logic didn't work last year. Play a tough series, get raked the next.

It's obvious this team is at its best when the Big 3 are rested. We want a sweepable team. That's Phoenix or New Orleans.

this is what I'm tryin to say

tuncaboylu
03-21-2011, 03:27 AM
I picked Memphis.

1- We will face against them with %90 possibility.
2- I'm pretty sure that Duncan can shut down Zach
3- We don't know ho will Rudy Gay come back from his injury.
4- Moreover they've a terrible play-off history.

20beastie45
03-21-2011, 04:33 AM
Don't really care...but if iI had to pick..

NOLA

Budkin
03-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Utah or New Orleans.

Bruno
03-21-2011, 08:25 AM
It doesn't matter.

All these teams are relatively close level wise and none is a match-up nightmare for Spurs.

yavozerb
03-21-2011, 08:29 AM
It doesn't matter.

All these teams are relatively close level wise and none is a match-up nightmare for Spurs.

agreed..its the 1st rd for crying out loud. Were talking about the 8th seed here people. :lol

Whisky Dog
03-21-2011, 09:12 AM
The Nets

lazerelmo
03-21-2011, 10:29 AM
I see us going 4-0 first round against all of those teams except Memphis (4-1).

rmt
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Any of those except MEM preferably HOU. I'd like MEM to play LA in the 1st round. They have Gasol and Randolph to match up with Gasol/Bynum and Battier and Tony Allen to guard Kobe.

Took a look at the remaining games for these teams. NOH and UTA should drop as they only have 2 gimme games against non-playoff teams. PHX, HOU and MEM have about 5 games against bad teams. They all play each other a lot so anything can happen. Here's my prediction:

1. SAS
2. LA
3. DAL
4. OKC
5. DEN
6. POR
7. MEM
8. PHX
9. HOU
10. NOH
11. UTA

MEM holds the tiebreaker against PHX. PHX holds the tiebreaker against HOU.

Jimcs50
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
University of Texas