PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hang out with gay family/friends?

JoeChalupa
03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I have a gay cousin who I get along with great and he invites me over to watch the Spurs, March madness and what not and of course he invites his gay friends and we all have a great time. My wife also has some gay friends who she hangs out with and we go over for dinner sometimes and I was just wondering how many others spend time with gay friends or family and don't have an issue with it. When I'm over at my cousins I find myself to be one of the few if not the only heterosexual male and it hasn't been an issue with anyone. Is this odd or the norm?

mrsmaalox
03-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I have a gay cousin who is just another family member. Everyone in the family, old and young, accept her and welcome her as we do everyone else. She's very "butch", so sometimes outsiders seem a little taken aback, but that's their problem.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I have a gay cousin who I get along with great and he invites me over to watch the Spurs, March madness and what not and of course he invites his gay friends and we all have a great time. My wife also has some gay friends who she hangs out with and we go over for dinner sometimes and I was just wondering how many others spend time with gay friends or family and don't have an issue with it. When I'm over at my cousins I find myself to be one of the few if not the only heterosexual male and it hasn't been an issue with anyone. Is this odd or the norm?

If you shower with them, take a soap on a rope. :tu

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2011, 01:14 PM
You guys make me feel really boringly normal.

Seriously, kids have had some gay friends...no big deal.

DesignatedT
03-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Ask Sisk. He's gay.

Frenzy
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Nope. No gay family members in my family...we are all normal thank god.

:stirpot:

JudynTX
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM

My niece is gay, when we have family get togethers, her friends usually end up showing up because they like our family. :toast

Sense
03-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I have an aunt that's gay... she's awesome.

JoeChalupa
03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Good to hear. Was wondering if it was an odd question since to me it doesn't matter and I feel it shouldn't matter.

v2freak
03-21-2011, 01:46 PM
My best friend is gay, and extremely open about it. He talks about his relationships and such. I think my cousin may be gay too, though my aunt claims he had a girlfriend for a year and cried when they broke up.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Good to hear. Was wondering if it was an odd question since to me it doesn't matter and I feel it shouldn't matter.

Obviously I was joking with my first post but I was wondering why you would ask this in the first place. I hang out with different people everyday. I don't have issues with people different than me. Everyone is entitled to be themselves.

urunobili
03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Joe; Gay people are regular people. As long as they dont get obnoxious in front of everybody I feel great hanging with them personally.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Have lots of gay friends. Most are just like everyone else I hang out with.

CuckingFunt
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
I've never met a gay.

tlongII
03-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Maybe they don't know you're straight?

The Reckoning
03-21-2011, 09:40 PM
my gay friend pulls me lots of chicks

Hooks
03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I hang out with my sister that's gay, and her lesbo friends as well, I also hang out with one of my cousins that is also gay, and another cousin that is gay as well (Both of my gay cousins are females), then my neighbor's sister is also gay.

Pretty strange that on my dad's side of the family there are 3 gay women, lol @ anyone that says it's a choice. One of my male cousins might be gay (his sis. is gay), I'm not really sure, I rarely see him but I've never seen him with a girl. I think my nephew might be gay as well.

LnGrrrR
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I've had one or two gay friends, and I'm pretty sure some of my bosses were gay. *shrug*

The Reckoning
03-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I hang out with my sister that's gay, and her lesbo friends as well, I also hang out with one of my cousins that is also gay, and another cousin that is gay as well (Both of my gay cousins are females), then my neighbor's sister is also gay.

Pretty strange that on my dad's side of the family there are 3 gay women, lol @ anyone that says it's a choice. One of my male cousins might be gay (his sis. is gay), I'm not really sure, I rarely see him but I've never seen him with a girl. I think my nephew might be gay as well.

sounds like your family will die out in a couple of generations

Hooks
03-21-2011, 10:32 PM

Nah, we're Mexican.

Cuckolded Sissy
03-21-2011, 10:45 PM
yeah even lesbian beaner fuck holes end up pregnant :lol

SequSpur
03-21-2011, 11:01 PM
lmao

Destro
03-22-2011, 12:37 AM
yeah even lesbian beaner fuck holes end up pregnant :lol

:lmao

Sisk
03-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Ask Sisk. He's gay.

:lmao

DT is mad tbh.. mad that he can't handle cantina

TE
03-22-2011, 01:34 AM

:lol Good one.

DMX7
03-22-2011, 01:44 AM
I know very few gay people, but the ones I do know are incredibly normal seeming except for the obvious.

phyzik
03-22-2011, 01:48 AM
My older brother is gay and I get along with him just fine.

You wouldnt know it if you met him, he isnt all flamboiant and shit.... Neither is his partner....

They live in Austin and my brother does plays and shit like that, he was an alternate Gymnast for the olympics back in 1996 I think ( I know he was an alternate for one of the Olympics).... He hooks me up with the chicks that work with the productions and sends them my way.... He can be as gay as he wants with the trim he is supplying me with. :toast

Reichen Lehmkuhl
03-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Your brother is a male gymnast, lives in Austin and sleeps with another man? Yeah, nobody would ever guess he was queer. :lmao

jay_shs
03-22-2011, 02:16 AM
No faggies in my family, thank god. I don't make friends with gays. There's this one obnoxious one who hits on me in my drama class but I avoid that creep. Then there's one on the baseball team who used to touch my balls, now he's in alternative school..

phyzik
03-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Your brother is a male gymnast, lives in Austin and sleeps with another man? Yeah, nobody would ever guess he was queer. :lmao

yeah, its kind of hard to miss with that description I guess, but I swear, if you ever met him in person without ever knowing he was gay, you would never know the difference. :lol

Plus, he hooks me up with hot women, so Im not one to complain. :toast

howbouthemspurs
03-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I have a gay cousin and a gay uncle. My cousin is a piece of shit who thinks he's above everybody socially and intellectually and he just started college. He's possibly the meanest gay person in history. My gay uncle is awesome! He's rich and travels the world as photographer for Time magazine and CNN. He also owns 7 beauty salons in Seattle. I have a lot of gay friends. I like going out with them because they always have money and know the best places to go and almost always have a bunch of really hot girlfriends around them to pick off.

urunobili
03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
God bless gays that's why they've been created.... less competition for women afterall!

Blake
03-22-2011, 10:48 AM

Aren't you Catholic?

Have you asked your priest on how you are supposed to feel?

I. Hustle
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
I used to bone a lesbo bitch... but then we got divorced

easjer
03-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't have any gay family members, but I've got several gay friends and coworkers. We hang out, full stop. Sometimes we talk about relationships - oddly, my new boss is a lesbian and her relationship with her partner is very, very similar to my relationship with SFIE (her partner buys her better jewelry, tbh). We frequently commiserate with each other.

Both the departments heads for my units are gay and one is in committed relationship with another colleague. I've hung with them, they are a lot of fun.

Their sexual preferences/orientation isn't an issue. I can't imagine why it would be? We have plenty to talk about without that. It's just a simple fact in their lives, like my relationship with my husband or the fact we've got a dog and 2 cats or that our son is dead. It's not the focus of conversation and they certainly don't act any differently because they are gay.

I'm actually just sort of baffled by this post/question.

David Bowie
03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
One of my best friends is gay. A few of my acquaintances are as well. The owner of the company I used to work for is also gay (which surprised me.) Nobody in my family is gay (as far as I know.) But then again, I have a very small extended family.

MsMcGillyCutty
03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
My SO is okay with it as long as he doesn't see two guys kissing or commenting about other men.

JoeChalupa
03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't have any gay family members, but I've got several gay friends and coworkers. We hang out, full stop. Sometimes we talk about relationships - oddly, my new boss is a lesbian and her relationship with her partner is very, very similar to my relationship with SFIE (her partner buys her better jewelry, tbh). We frequently commiserate with each other.

Both the departments heads for my units are gay and one is in committed relationship with another colleague. I've hung with them, they are a lot of fun.

Their sexual preferences/orientation isn't an issue. I can't imagine why it would be? We have plenty to talk about without that. It's just a simple fact in their lives, like my relationship with my husband or the fact we've got a dog and 2 cats or that our son is dead. It's not the focus of conversation and they certainly don't act any differently because they are gay.

I'm actually just sort of baffled by this post/question.

I kinda figured some would be.

JoeChalupa
03-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Aren't you Catholic?

Have you asked your priest on how you are supposed to feel?

Ummm...no priest can control how I feel.

IronMaxipad
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Stupid thread. Hey guize any of you hang out with black people?