PDA

View Full Version : So who DOES think we should be in Libya?

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm seeing pretty much across the board agreement in here for a change...

MannyIsGod
03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Yoni, but I stated by my statement that dude just jacks off to the images of Tomahawks being lauched.

vy65
03-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't think we're currently *in* Libya.

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't think we're currently *in* Libya.

:lmao

vy65
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM

When did the ground troops invade?

Marcus Bryant
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Libya? Never met her.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2011, 04:15 PM
When did the ground troops invade?

You're like the retarded version of Chump Dumper.

vy65
03-21-2011, 04:16 PM
You're like the retarded version of Chump Dumper.

When are you filing suit against the UN and NATO?

MannyIsGod
03-21-2011, 04:18 PM
When did I advocate suing the UN and NATO?

CavsSuperFan
03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Which Nobel Peace Prize winner has fired more Tomahawk missiles than all the rest combined?

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Which Nobel Peace Prize winner has fired more Tomahawk missiles than all the rest combined?

xrayzebra
03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm seeing pretty much across the board agreement in here for a change...

But we have the UN's permission. And it is
a humanitarian effort. Not war.:rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Yay. I'm glad my girlfriend is almost pregnant

nkdlunch
03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm glad we're using the surplus of tomahawks and helping out ppl for a change.

:tu

Yonivore
03-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Yoni, but I stated by my statement that dude just jacks off to the images of Tomahawks being lauched.
I contend we should have killed that prick when one of his ambassador's defected and claimed Kaddafi had personally ordered the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.

I think our mission should be to kill him and any of the regime that still supports him...then, let the Libyans sort out the rest.

Next, on to Iran; a country responsible for more American deaths than al Qaeda.

Finally, Syria.

Maybe by then, those assholes will understand not to fuck with us. And, if not, we'll kill some more.

LnGrrrR
03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I contend we should have killed that prick when one of his ambassador's defected and claimed Kaddafi had personally ordered the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.

I think our mission should be to kill him and any of the regime that still supports him...then, let the Libyans sort out the rest.

Finally, Syria.

Maybe by then, those assholes will understand not to fuck with us. And, if not, we'll kill some more.

Taking down the leader of Iraq certainly turned that country into a utopia overnight. Those people continually bless the US today for our intervention, and it certainly didn't become a quagmire.

As always, the only way to be powerful is to use said power. Restraint is for the weak.

coyotes_geek
03-21-2011, 05:08 PM

Finally, Syria.

Somebody watched an extra episode of Walker, Texas Ranger today............

ElNono
03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Technically and officially speaking, we haven't gotten any closer than the Mediterranean... I'm sure unofficially we probably have a few Rambos on the loose out there.
Ultimately, this should be a shorter stint than operation desert storm, and ground troops shouldn't be involved at all.

Yonivore
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Somebody watched an extra episode of Walker, Texas Ranger today............
Excellent programming.

Pistons < Spurs
03-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't want a long drawn out war, but I'm glad we're being active with the Libya situation. Wish we acted earlier. I'm hopeful our participation helps the Libyan people, aswell as the rest of the region indirectly. I'd prefer to see us use our full force and capabilities rather than being a reluctant participant that is scared of any fall out.

I also see the downfall of our actions though. Obviously we're not going into every country that has a little issue here and there. Part of me hates the big bully America imposing their might on governments that aren't our own. Politically and perhaps morally it's probably not the right decision. But I'm for it all the same.

Hopefully it will be done in an expeditious manner with limited loss of life. Hopefully Qaddafi is taken out fully and his replacement doesn't turn out to be worse than him.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
......and his replacement doesn't turn out to be worse than him.

Ah, but therein lies the rub. Been keeping up with Egypt?

RandomGuy
03-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Bomb the unholy fuck out of any poor dumb bastard supporting Ghadafi who is stupid enough to fly a plane, or get into an APC or armored vehicle, then let the Libyans themselves clean up.

Funnel aid, food, etc. into Benghazi, and let them fight it out.

As covertly as possible, arm and train rebels controlling Benghazi.

As Moamar's funds dry up, the loyalty he has bought will too.

Other than some covert trainers, I don't think we need any troops anywhere near there. Better yet, pay someone else entirely to do that covert training.

The more we jump in, the worse it will be for everyone involved.

RandomGuy
03-21-2011, 06:29 PM

Finally, Syria.

Unless of course the people of Syria do something silly and vote in a government that is friendly with Iran.

Funny thing, that when you give people free determination of their destiny, they are free to choose things or governments you might not like.

Or as you put so succinctly recently:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1582

I have little doubt that if the Syrians had the gall to elect a pro-Iranian government, that conservatives in this country would be complaining heavily about democracy.

EVAY
03-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Unless of course the people of Syria do something silly and vote in a government that is friendly with Iran.

Funny thing, that when you give people free determination of their destiny, they are free to choose things or governments you might not like.

Or as you put so succinctly recently:

I have little doubt that if the Syrians had the gall to elect a pro-Iranian government, that conservatives in this country would be complaining heavily about democracy.

Conservatives in this country have been complaining heavily about democracy ever since the 2008 presidential election in the U.S.

RandomGuy
03-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Conservatives in this country have been complaining heavily about democracy ever since the 2008 presidential election in the U.S.

As I am sure, many Democrats will be complaining about democracy as this years bumper crop of Republican representatives do their thang. :lol

Just trying to be fair.

Even though I may be something of a blue dog Democrat, I can be honest about the way things are.

DarrinS
03-21-2011, 07:22 PM

classy

DarrinS
03-21-2011, 07:23 PM
I just hope one of those tomahawks killed the Lockerbie bomber.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I just hope one of those tomahawks killed the Lockerbie bomber.
oh no. didn't he die months after he was released? isn't that why he was released in the first place?

Danny.Zhu
03-22-2011, 07:36 AM

Good.

rjv
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
bad precedent with no long term plan. we probably should not have been there.

coyotes_geek
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Hmm.

Camp Lejeune Marines To Libya (http://www.wcti12.com/news/27257042/detail.html#)

George Gervin's Afro
03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
One quagmire is enough... We need to provide the support necessary to minimize the lybian military and then let others do the heavy lifting...

On a side note it was funny to hear fox news morning wanting to know what the exit plan was..

yet not one story EVER questioning what Iraq's exit plan was...

Wild Cobra
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Jimmy Carter the 2nd.

MannyIsGod
03-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Let me know when Obama has as much blood on his hands as Henry Kissinger.

vy65
03-22-2011, 01:49 PM
And, eight years after the birth of "freedom fries," there is a Republican strain outraged that it was the French, long abhorred for not doing enough, who on Saturday had the first planes in-country.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/obama-taking-heat-from-all-sides-for-libya-action;_ylt=AmHJc0iP.flDiP038WgFWBqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oD MTR2cm1yMDU4BGFzc2V0A3libG9nX2V4Y2x1c2l2ZS8yMDExMD MyMi9vYmFtYS10YWtpbmctaGVhdC1mcm9tLWFsbC1zaWRlcy1m b3ItbGlieWEtYWN0aW9uBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3 MDMgRwb3MDMTAEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3Rv cnkEc2xrA29iYW1hdGFraW5naA--

MannyIsGod
03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Those republicans might as well wear shirts that say "we have small dicks and need tomahawks to compensate". Sup Yoni.

CosmicCowboy
03-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Ohhhhh Greaaaaat!

White House: Helping install 'a democratic system' is goal in Libya
By Sam Youngman - 03/22/11 10:23 AM ET

The White House suggested Tuesday the mission in Libya is one of regime change, despite emphatic statements from President Obama and military brass that the goal is not to remove Moammar Gadhafi from power.

According to a White House readout of a Monday night call between Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the two leaders "underscored their shared commitment to the goal of helping provide the Libyan people an opportunity to transform their country, by installing a democratic system that respects the people’s will."

The term "installing" suggests the goal of regime change.
In an e-mail, White House press secretary Jay Carney said there is no change in the U.S. military mission, which he wrote was clearly focused on protecting civilians. He also noted Obama's remark Monday that Gadhafi is no longer fit to lead.

From the onset of the strikes against Libya, senior administration officials have said the goal is to create an atmosphere where Libyan rebels would be able to oust Gadhafi from power.

Obama has struggled to reconcile the stated U.S. policy of wanting Gadhafi out of power with the U.N. mission of protecting the Libyan people.

At a press conference Monday in Chile, Obama said it is "very easy to square our military actions and our stated policies."

But the president faces an increasingly hostile backlash from Capitol Hill about the specific definition of the mission.

This story was updated at 2:43 p.m.

MannyIsGod
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Jesus fucking christ.

MannyIsGod
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Why can't these warhawk assholes just buy Call of Duty and shoot people like the rest of us: On our fucking PS3s.

CosmicCowboy
03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Jesus fucking christ.

You know when Manny and I are BOTH pissed off about the same thing it must be pretty damn bad.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow. He really is an opportunist.