PDA

View Full Version : Blair Out Tonight

BillMc
03-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I didn't see this anywhere else:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/blair-will-miss-tonights-game-against-golden-state/

Seems a little weird, either:

1. He's more hurt than we thought

2. Pop is pushing for more time for Splitter

3. Blair's pouting over his demotion and Pop has made him inactive.

4. Or nothing but a precautionary thing.

alchemist
03-21-2011, 06:29 PM
more time for Splitter :toast

Thompson
03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
"His shooting touch didn’t appear to have been bothered"

Is this the equivalent of 'just missing the shots he's supposed to miss?'

Cane
03-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Blair's hands is one of his best strengths so rest him. The way he slams the ball when he rebounds, dunks, or go for the steal probably doesn't help heal a sprained wrist.

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
It's the first game Dejuan will have missed in his NBA career; he played in all 82 last year and all 10 playoff games, and he played in all of the first 69 games this year.

My guess is that this is mostly precautionary, almost entirely about the size of the Spurs' lead, and the next in what will be a long line of nights off for guys who've been in the rotation all year.

elemento
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm not worried about it at all

It's not his knee, so it's ok. Hopefully he recovers fast and get back as soon as possible.

Budkin
03-21-2011, 06:53 PM
more time for Splitter :toast

Exactly.

MB3//
03-21-2011, 07:25 PM
The Messina effect.

ChuckD
03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
2 and 4

Muser
03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
It's the first game Dejuan will have missed in his NBA career; he played in all 82 last year and all 10 playoff games, and he played in all of the first 69 games this year.

My guess is that this is mostly precautionary, almost entirely about the size of the Spurs' lead, and the next in what will be a long line of nights off for guys who've been in the rotation all year.

Really? That's insane, especially for a guy who gives up so much height every game.

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 01:14 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN

In other injured Spurs big man news, DeJuan Blair (wrist) expects to play in Denver.

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 01:16 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN

In other injured Spurs big man news, DeJuan Blair (wrist) expects to play in Denver.

That's good. If DB couldn't play, Bonner would have started.

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 01:19 PM
with timmy out of the lineup, i wonder who will start for timmy and who will come off the bench

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 01:25 PM
with timmy out of the lineup, i wonder who will start for timmy and who will come off the bench

Splitter will start with Dice. Keep the rotations in order until Timmy returns. If Tiago plays well enough, he could take Blairs spot as Tim's backup for the playoffs.

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Splitter will start with Dice. Keep the rotations in order until Timmy returns. If Tiago plays well enough, he could take Blairs spot as Tim's backup for the playoffs.

i still dont like blair and bonner duo comin off the bench...hope pop makes some adjustments

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 01:35 PM
i still dont like blair and bonner duo comin off the bench...hope pop makes some adjustments

Look at the Dallas game. TD, Dice, Blair and Bonner were the only bigs that played. Tiago and Novak didn't play. Blair and Bonner came off the bench, but only played together for 5 minutes.

Tiago just has to stay out foul trouble long enough to play all of TD's minutes.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM

So we have to hope that Splitter plays well, Duncan comes back quickly, and Dice gets trapped in his house and misses a flight, forcing Pop to start Splitter and Duncan together.

spursfaninla
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Look at the Dallas game. TD, Dice, Blair and Bonner were the only bigs that played. Tiago and Novak didn't play. Blair and Bonner came off the bench, but only played together for 5 minutes.

Tiago just has to stay out foul trouble long enough to play all of TD's minutes.

With 4 bigs in the rotation last night, the minutes were as follows:

Tiago 27
Bonner 26
Dice 21
Novak 18
Duncan 4

That adds up to the 96 minutes available at pf/c.

I assume that Dice, Blair and Bonner will get closer to 30 mpg each, and Tiago will get the rest depending on fouls, how bonner shoots, and matchups.

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 01:48 PM
So we have to hope that Splitter plays well, Duncan comes back quickly, and Dice gets trapped in his house and misses a flight, forcing Pop to start Splitter and Duncan together.

:lol

There are all sorts of debates and conspiracy theories regarding Tiago's pt this season, but one thing is absolutely certain. There's no way TD and Tiago were ever going to start together this season.

With 4 bigs in the rotation last night, the minutes were as follows:

Tiago 27
Bonner 26
Dice 21
Novak 18
Duncan 4

That adds up to the 96 minutes available at pf/c.

I assume that Dice, Blair and Bonner will get closer to 30 mpg each, and Tiago will get the rest depending on fouls, how bonner shoots, and matchups.

Tiago will play TD's minutes if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 02:00 PM
:lol

There are all sorts of debates and conspiracy theories regarding Tiago's pt this season, but one thing is absolutely certain. There's no way TD and Tiago were ever going to start together this season.

Peanut butter and chocolate together was an accident as well. Once people realized how good it was, they didn't question where it came from, they simply wondered why nobody had thought of it all this time.

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Peanut butter and chocolate together was an accident as well. Once people realized how good it was, they didn't question where it came from, they simply wondered why nobody had thought of it all this time.

Tasty..

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/reesescups2.jpg

Bruno
03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Good news.

Blair has an history of stepping up his gamer when Tim is out.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Word has it that the Spurs are telling Blair that it's a rookie sophomore game. Expect Kevin Love type numbers.

Manufan909
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM

I loled.