PDA

View Full Version : Duncan update

Supergirl
03-21-2011, 10:34 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/21/duncan-leaves-game-with-an-ankle-injury-out-2-weeks/

Sean E11iot predicts 2 weeks for Duncan. We can live with that. We have the cushion, and the Spurs should be able to at least go .500 without Duncan.

ducks
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
more rest right up to the playoffs
kind of a blessing

ChuckD
03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Sean was guessing. After the game, Pop said he didn't know because he hadn't even talked to Tim yet. My guess is that he misses the roadie, 3 games.

Hoops Czar
03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, but what does Pops two week timetable look like?

Supergirl
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
WTF is up with spam in my post? Has someone hacked this website?

TampaDude
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Rest Timmy...we've got HCA pretty much locked up.

Spursmania
03-21-2011, 10:39 PM

You spelled Elliott wrong. When you do, you get the luckthefakers crap

I just corrected Elliott's name:king oh, the irony...

Hoops Czar
Maybe someone hacked your account.

phyzik

what Spam?

ElNono
03-21-2011, 10:40 PM
If they say 2 weeks, I'm expecting at least 3... Pop will be conservative with this and rightly so... As long as TD has a game or two to 'warm up' before the playoffs, he should be good to go...

Spursmania
03-21-2011, 10:40 PM
what Spam?

She just deleted the spam. She had spelled Elliott wrong and then got the lakerspam.
I remember my first encounter with that.:lol

baseline bum
03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Elliott

phyzik
03-21-2011, 10:42 PM
She just corrected the Eliott spelling. She had spelled it wrong at first:lol

Supergirl gets the GNSF treatment. :lol

Hoops Czar
She just corrected the Eliott spelling. She had spelled it wrong at first:lol

Someone posted the fakers luck throughout her post.

Supergirl
That's odd since I spell Elliott's name the same way as the article spells it...I'm pretty sure it's got 2 L's.

Spursmania
Elliott

you're right baseline.:toast

Supergirl
03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
And apparently it only does it if I write Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_? Not if I just do Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_?

phyzik
03-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Someone posted the fakers luck throughout her post.

No, its a long tradition here on Spurstalk, most people dont know that Elliott has 2 T's. Its a script run on the board that if you mispell his name, it automatically does that. :toast

Supergirl
03-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Oh it's the T's, not the L's.

DesignatedT
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
You were missing a t.

duncan228
From the recap.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Duncan would be out “a while” but didn’t have a timetable.

LakerHater
Im suprised Br isnt in the NBA forum ripping up Timmy!

JR3
03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
This thread is more about Elliott than duncan. lol

phyzik
03-21-2011, 10:49 PM

I think it works either way. Not sure though.

Spursmania
03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Im suprised Br isnt in the NBA forum ripping up Timmy!

You know he'll be there soon talking smack about Tim.
I'm just glad the injury isn't as bad as it looked.

I think there may be a silver lining here. This will give Splitter some serious playing time against some of the best teams. Let's see what he's got.

JustinJDW
03-21-2011, 10:56 PM
As long as Timmy is ready for the Playoffs, then everything is fine. In fact, this might be a blesing in disguise. Odds are, Pop is just going to rest Timmy in the Playoffs, which he should. Imagine Timmy having 3 and a half weeks of rest for his ankles and knees before the Playoffs? He's going to be refreshed. This is why we played so hard in the Season for folks, so we can have the luxury of resting our players will having the #1 Seed.

I would want Manu to rest right after March ends to be honest. This is just what I would do, because I would be as careful as possible, and give Manu two weeks of rest. Like I said, we shouldn't have to worry with twelve games left and a freaking seven game lead. And I can imagine Parker having a week off before the Playoffs start too.

Bottom line is that our star players need to be rested, and we're in perfect position to do that. Timmy's ankles will be fine. Besides, its the perfect opportunity to give Tiago some wear and tear and see what he can contribute if he's in the rotation in the Playoffs. So here we go.

:)

Hoops Czar
03-21-2011, 10:57 PM

It is two T's, but you spelled his name with two 1's

Solid D
03-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Timmy rolled ankle over all the way flush to the floor..almost. It looked pretty bad.

That Epke Udoh is like a newborn giraffe wearing oversized Nikes in there. He's dangerous to all of basketball mankind.

duncan228
03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Duncan Injury

http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs...s=iref:nbahpt2

TheSpursFNRule
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Get well soon Timmy!!!

Budkin
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
If they say 2 weeks, I'm expecting at least 3... Pop will be conservative with this and rightly so... As long as TD has a game or two to 'warm up' before the playoffs, he should be good to go...

Unless we're about to lose the grip on the number 1 seed (which most likely is not going to happen). We worked too hard to give that up in the last few games.

TD 21
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Not that I'm concerned to the point where this could derail the Spurs season, but why does this shit never happen to the Lakers? They're long overdue. How come that puke Bryant wasn't out two weeks when he turned his ankle? How come that big bitch Gasol isn't injured now or Odom? Everything's always smooth sailing for them and there's always got to at least be a scare with the Spurs. Don't give me this "we were due" crap. The Thunder were overdue last season, yet there was no late injury scare. It's always got to be something.

Hoops Czar
03-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Not that I'm concerned to the point where this could derail the Spurs season, but why does this shit never happen to the Lakers? They're long overdue. How come that puke Bryant wasn't out two weeks when he turned his ankle? How come that big bitch Gasol isn't injured now or Odom? Everything's always smooth sailing for them and there's always got to at least be a scare with the Spurs. Don't give me this "we were due" crap. The Thunder were overdue last season, yet there was no late injury scare. It's always got to be something.

Bynum's never missed a game in his life. Nothing ever happens to the Lakers.

justinandimcool
03-21-2011, 11:23 PM

Duncan's much older than Gasol and Odom though. Much more physical style of play. Much higher chance of injury. I think he's done a great job throughout his career of limiting his injuries. Gasol will be more tweaky when he's 34.

Bynum's had plenty of injuries and it cost LA a title.

Kobe plays through a lot of hurt. Manu's ankle was a freak injury years ago, that's just how luck goes sometimes.

If I'm going to be a butthurt spurfan, it's not going to be because LA doesn't get injured enough :lmao

Sean Cagney
03-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Timmy rolled ankle over all the way flush to the floor..almost. It looked pretty bad.

That Epke Udoh is like a newborn giraffe wearing oversized Nikes in there. He's dangerous to all of basketball mankind.

:lol:lol:lol Some clumbsy bozos like him or a Madsden can kill you out there! Hell even a freakin Najera can AS WELL, THOSE are the biggest dumb fucks to play against as they can ruin your season just from being clumbsy as hell out there and not meaning it.

Shank
03-21-2011, 11:27 PM

Are you kidding with this? Every damn team in the league has been cursed with injuries while the Spurs have slid to this point. Be thankful it's not anything worse than it is.

TD 21
03-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Bynum's never missed a game in his life. Nothing ever happens to the Lakers.

Bynum doesn't count. They have a bloated payroll and the season he missed the playoffs, he got hurt before the trade deadline which enabled them to react by "acquiring" (aka being handed) Gasol, which was an upgrade.

Outside of that, they haven't had a single key injury derail their season that I can recall in the past decade, when they've been a contender.

justinandimcool, he's not much older. He's got 3 years (2 seasons) on Odom and 4 years (4 seasons) on Gasol. I realize he's got a lot more mileage, but they're not young anymore, either.

Bryant plays through injuries that can be played through. He's never had something so serious that it derailed their season, though.

They don't get injured enough. I don't want them injured, I want them healthy, so that there's no excuses when the Spurs eliminate them. I'm just saying, where's their, if not crippling injury, scare, at least? Old man Fisher can't mess up his knee, ankle, etc.? Everything's always smooth sailing for them.

spurs10
03-21-2011, 11:29 PM
If Tiago plays hard the next two weeks Pop might give him some pt in the playoffs. There was no chance of that happening before Tim went down in all probability. Novak and Tiago might really come in handy before it's all over. Hopefully everyone will step up....

crc21209
03-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Sean was guessing. After the game, Pop said he didn't know because he hadn't even talked to Tim yet. My guess is that he misses the roadie, 3 games.

So you think he's back by next Monday then?

crc21209
03-21-2011, 11:32 PM

Kind of a dick way to look at things but you're right, everytime the Lakers get a "scare" ala Kobe a couple weeks ago, the guy is ready to go by the next game...

4>0rings
Blessing in disguise. He rests, Tiago gets major minutes. Both will be ready for playoffs. Win, win.

Sean Cagney
If Tiago plays hard the next two weeks Pop might give him some pt in the playoffs. There was no chance of that happening before Tim went down in all probability. Novak and Tiago might really come in handy before it's all over. Hopefully everyone will step up....

This could be a flat out blessing, because we SURE as hell will need F in Splitter if we face LA and thats for certain! VERY CERTAIN!

Hoops Czar
03-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Bynum doesn't count. They have a bloated payroll and the season he missed the playoffs, he got hurt before the trade deadline which enabled them to react by "acquiring" (aka being handed) Gasol, which was an upgrade.

Outside of that, they haven't had a single key injury derail their season that I can recall in the past decade, when they've been a contender.

justinandimcool, he's not much older. He's got 3 years (2 seasons) on Odom and 4 years (4 seasons) on Gasol. I realize he's got a lot more mileage, but they're not young anymore, either.

Bryant plays through injuries that can be played through. He's never had something so serious that it derailed their season, though.

They don't get injured enough. I don't want them injured, I want them healthy, so that there's no excuses when the Spurs eliminate them. I'm just saying, where's their, if not crippling injury, scare, at least? Old man Fisher can't mess up his knee, ankle, etc.? Everything's always smooth sailing for them.

Well, if Bynum doesn't count, then who does? Without Bynum, the Lakers don't win a championship this year.

Doesn't Kobe have a chronic finger? Didn't he play through a lot of pain toward the end of last season? Jackson finally sat him because he was hurting the team.

BTW, Duncan doesn't have a severe season ending injury. Its just a sprained ankle. Two to three weeks isn't a death sentence.

TD 21
03-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Well, if Bynum doesn't count, then who does? Without Bynum, the Lakers don't win a championship this year.

Doesn't Kobe have a chronic finger? Didn't he play through a lot of pain toward the end of last season? Jackson finally sat him because he was hurting the team.

BTW, Duncan doesn't have a severe season ending injury. Its just a sprained ankle. Two to three weeks isn't a death sentence.

Are you that slow? (don't bother answering that; it's rhetorical . . . look it up)

I just said why he doesn't count. It has nothing to do with his ability or impact, it's about when it happened, the fact that they're well over the tax every season and the fact that the "trade" of the decade fell into their laps (conveniently).

If, in '09, the Spurs found our pre-deadline that Ginobili was done for the season, but were able to parlay a future 1st or two, Splitter's rights and a few spare parts (to make it work financially) into Wade, then I wouldn't look back at the Ginobili injury and act hard done by.

Bryant has played hurt, but he hasn't had a single injury that was too severe to play with. No micro fracture knee surgery, no broken leg, etc.

I'm aware of the projected timeline for Duncan and I'm not overreacting to it, which you'd know if you'd have comprehended my first sentence in this thread. I'm just saying, why does there almost always have to be something with the Spurs coming down the stretch and never anything with the Lakers?

Solid D
03-21-2011, 11:47 PM

May I recommend the book "When Bad Things Happen To Good People"?

Giuseppe
03-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Blessing in disguise.

:rolleyesYou guys get more like Suns Fan every day.

slayermin
03-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm relieved the x-rays are negative because that looked bad. That was way worse than '05 when TD stepped on Sheed's foot.

LakerHater
03-21-2011, 11:56 PM
:rolleyesYou guys get more like Suns Fan every day.
No shit!!

Injury to the face of the franchise a blessing!?!??:ihit

Cry Havoc
03-22-2011, 12:03 AM
The Lakers do get injured, they just have $23,000,000 more in payroll per season than the Spurs do to make up for it.

Can you imagine what kind of team we'd have with another 20 mil lying around to sign players all year?

Buddy Holly
03-22-2011, 12:04 AM
No shit!!

Injury to the face of the franchise a blessing!?!??:ihit

I think he meant since it's not serious and he'll be back before the playoffs that the injury will now force Pop to play Splitter big minutes. Maybe some good will come from it.

spurspokesman
03-22-2011, 12:11 AM

We could use a few of those on the spurs:lol. As for the ankle sprain, I recently had a similar roll after landing on someones foot after a layup and rolled mine to the floor. I had to do therapy for a few weeks and it looked like a melon. Hopefully duncan didnt do as much damage.

Hoops Czar
03-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Are you that slow? (don't bother answering that; it's rhetorical . . . look it up)

I just said why he doesn't count. It has nothing to do with his ability or impact, it's about when it happened, the fact that they're well over the tax every season and the fact that the "trade" of the decade fell into their laps (conveniently).

If, in '09, the Spurs found our pre-deadline that Ginobili was done for the season, but were able to parlay a future 1st or two, Splitter's rights and a few spare parts (to make it work financially) into Wade, then I wouldn't look back at the Ginobili injury and act hard done by.

Bryant has played hurt, but he hasn't had a single injury that was too severe to play with. No micro fracture knee surgery, no broken leg, etc.

I'm aware of the projected timeline for Duncan and I'm not overreacting to it, which you'd know if you'd have comprehended my first sentence in this thread. I'm just saying, why does there almost always have to be something with the Spurs coming down the stretch and never anything with the Lakers?

The Lakers are always threatening the tax threshold. Chalk that up to small market versus large market. The trade of the decade would have happened one way or another. Memphis saw false hopes in Kwame and were willing to pay a steep price to bring him in. That trade was inevitable and would have happened regardless. The Lakers have a keen sense and they can smell stupid coming from miles away.

The Ginobili dream package is just that... a dream. The Spurs don't have the financial flexibility to pull off a trade like that. The Spurs don't take gambles on the unknown. Being a Spurs fan, you should know this. The Spurs rarely, if ever made a big splash on an in-season trade acquisition. They pick and choose their players wisely. Its part of the reason why this franchise has remained successful for so long.

Bigs have a tendency to breakdown faster than guards and small forwards. They're more fragile and they're careers, on average, don't last as long.
Kobe's been lucky so far, however, that can change in an instant.

Count your blessing the Spurs have four championships banked. Things don't always happen to the Spurs down the stretch, you just remember the few times they do and forget all the times they don't.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 12:13 AM
“We can win without Timmy in the rest of the regular season and get that top seed,” Tony Parker said. “But we’re not going anywhere in the playoffs without him.”

Spurs beat Warriors, lose Duncan (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/spurs-beat-warriors-lose-duncan/)
Jeff McDonald

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/spurs-beat-warriors-lose-duncan/

Interrohater
03-22-2011, 12:19 AM
The Lakers are always threatening the tax threshold. Chalk that up to small market versus large market. The trade of the decade would have happened one way or another. Memphis saw false hopes in Kwame and were willing to pay a steep price to bring him in. That trade was inevitable and would have happened regardless. The Lakers have a keen sense and they can smell stupid coming from miles away.

The Ginobili dream package is just that... a dream. The Spurs don't have the financial flexibility to pull off a trade like that. The Spurs don't take gambles on the unknown. Being a Spurs fan, you should know this. The Spurs rarely, if ever made a big splash on an in-season trade acquisition. They pick and choose their players wisely. Its part of the reason why this franchise has remained successful for so long.

Bigs have a tendency to breakdown faster than guards and small forwards. They're more fragile and they're careers, on average, don't last as long.

Count your blessing the Spurs have four championships banked. Things don't always happen to the Spurs down the stretch, you just remember the few times they do and forget all the times they don't.
:tu

Budkin
03-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Blessing in disguise. He rests, Tiago gets major minutes. Both will be ready for playoffs. Win, win.

I really do believe this.

Budkin
03-22-2011, 12:22 AM

Good take! :toast

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Elliott also predicted that the game was over against the Celtics.

Man In Black
03-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Looking at how he walked off the court with Novak giving him some, but still little support, I'd say TD has a grade 2 ankle sprain. It's not unlike when Bean sprained his but Tim carries an additional 50 lbs and his was caused by an elevated platform(Epke's foot) as opposed to just the ground itself. That compounds the situation. I'd say he's out a week and a half, but if Pop needed a reason to have Tiago play more, this pretty much cements a reason. Free Tiago.

TD 21
03-22-2011, 12:27 AM

They're way past threatening it. Whether it would have happened or not, there was more urgency to get a deal done when Bynum went down and the likelihood of their (to that point) surprising season was threatening to be derailed. The point is, let's say the Grizzlies decided to wait until after the season to trade Gasol. Had Bynum went down post deadline, they'd have been screwed.

Are you that stupid? I know it's a dream. It was an example. Lakers fans have no right to complain when the Bynum injury led to an upgrade (whether it was going to happen or not is besides the point). Had the Spurs received an upgrade that increased their chances going forward, there would be far less reason to complain.

So far? As if he's played 4 seasons. He's got more mileage on his body than any player in the history of the game by his age, yet miraculously he hasn't had a debilitating/career altering injury. That's why I always say the Lakers luck is unprecedented in the history of North American professional sports.

I didn't say always. I said often, if it's not a debilitating injury, there's at least a scare or something that throws the team off or a key player out of rhythm.

This notion that the Spurs have been "lucky with injuries" is overblown. They've had more than the average fan knows. The difference is, unlike the Lakers, when their eighth man goes down, you don't hear about it constantly.

Sean Cagney
03-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Elliott also predicted that the game was over against the Celtics.

The one where he yelled it's goooooood when HORRY SHOT IT, only to look up and see Horry's shot miss? I swear he teased me there as well! He said it's good like it went in but it missed :( I was pissed then, if it were on radio and he said it's good I jump up and down and then it misses! Sean is a good Spurs and for us he backs us, but sometimes he is just a homer too much.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Hit the link for the chart.

How the Spurs have fared with Duncan in and out of lineup (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/how-the-spurs-have-fared-with-duncan-in-and-out-of-lineup/)
Tim Griffin

...Overall, including all regular-season and playoff games, the Spurs are 848-366 with Duncan in the lineup for a winning percentage of .699. Without him, their record 34-29 for a winning percentage of .540.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/how-the-spurs-have-fared-with-duncan-in-and-out-of-lineup/

Hooks
03-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Hopefully something positive comes out of Tim's injury. In years past whenever one of the big 3 got injured, other players would always step it up, which made our team much better. This is Tiago's chance to shine, dude wasn't going to get any PT but now Pop is forced to play him. The Spurs might've found a hidden gem in Novak, he is knocking down 3's with consistency and could stretch the floor for us if Bonner isn't playing well. TD will also get to rest, he'll be fresh for the playoffs.

SenorSpur
03-22-2011, 01:36 AM

^ This

Splitter really can use the burn to develop "on the fly" and increase his confidence.

Meanwhile Duncan can heal and be well-rested. So long as he is ready for playoff action, this slight setback can only be a blessing in disguise.

A potential win-win.

ploto
03-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Looking at how he walked off the court with Novak giving him some, but still little support, I'd say TD has a grade 2 ankle sprain. It's not unlike when Bean sprained his but Tim carries an additional 50 lbs and his was caused by an elevated platform(Epke's foot) as opposed to just the ground itself. That compounds the situation. I'd say he's out a week and a half...

Just about any time a big guy rolls his ankle like that it is a grade 2 sprain and he is out for a couple of weeks.

ginobili fan
03-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Eliottt

polandprzem
03-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Bruno
03-22-2011, 07:18 AM
We should have a way better idea of how long Tim will be out today.

Until that, fingers crossed.

ManuTastic
03-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Whatever forces Pop to give Splitter more minutes so he can get better and actually contribute in the playoffs is fine with me (as long as it's not serious).

Supergirl
03-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Looking at the schedule, I think Tim doesn't travel for the next 3 game road trip, but then but then also misses the first home game back since it's a back to back, and comes back a week from Thursday for the home matchup versus the Celtics. That would put him missing 5 games, and a little less than 2 weeks.

The big question is, how many can the Spurs win without him? They've got Denver, Memphis, Portland, and Houston coming up. All tough challenges for Splitter.

tuncaboylu
03-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm refereshing the SpursNation website for a few hours but no news yet

tuncaboylu
03-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Looking at the schedule, I think Tim doesn't travel for the next 3 game road trip, but then but then also misses the first home game back since it's a back to back, and comes back a week from Thursday for the home matchup versus the Celtics. That would put him missing 5 games, and a little less than 2 weeks.

The big question is, how many can the Spurs win without him? They've got Denver, Memphis, Portland, and Houston coming up. All tough challenges for Splitter.

It's a very though schedule against the teams who has an aim to reach play-offs. Thanks that we've 7 games advantage, we should win only 6 of the remaining 12 games.

ogait
03-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Don't bother to much about the remaining schedule. Without Duncan I can see Pop throwing down the towel ealry on in some games if they don't start out well, saving Manu and Parker from having to tire themselves going from behind. Not that it matters too much. At this point getting the overall number one seed should be easy.

About Splitter, I see in him a lot of the qualities many poster on this site do as well, but Spurs fans should've realized by now that he's not going to be a factor in the playoffs, that's just the way it is.

Brazil
03-22-2011, 07:44 AM
an injury is never ever a blessing in disguise that is bullshit. First of all you never know how long it can take (nba is full of example of guys with a diagnosis of 2 weeks leading to 1 or 2 months recovery), then Tim isn't anymore 20 yo it could fragilize his ankle or he could compensate somehow and create another issue, finally if it will give some extended minutes for Tiago it will mean too more minutes for Dice and maybe more load to carry for Manu and TP.

At least this is not his ankle for the rest it is just a fuck injury no silver lining no blessing in disguise

Capt Bringdown
03-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Duncan out indefinitely
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Aq1p5x0Gb_ya5UY5qTwyWZG8vLYF?gid=201103 2124)
Indefinitely sounds worse than 2 weeks. Also, Duncan's injury described by Dice as a severe sprain. Hope they're just being cautious.

Spurs Brazil
03-22-2011, 08:14 AM
If TD is able to play 3 of 4 games before the playoffs start we'll be fine

2Cleva
03-22-2011, 08:14 AM
LA has dealt with injuries. Bynum and Kobe sat at the end of the season last year. Pau sat at the beginning of the season for like 20 games last year as well. Of course the Bynum injuries each year. Kobe had to have his knee drained 3 times during last year championship run.

Mental focus to play through it is what drives them. When the team is following the leads of guys like Fisher and Kobe who play through a lot of injuries, guys fall in line and tough it out.

Russ
03-22-2011, 08:18 AM
The 90* angle the ankle made looked bad.

I think he'll be back for the playoffs, but the longer he's out, the more worrisome this will be -- it could be Tim 2000 or Manu '09. Hopefully not.

(But losing the #1 seed should not be a problem because of this.)

Muser
03-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Even without Duncan the rest of the regular season the Spurs will hold onto the #1 seed.

tuncaboylu
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Duncan out indefinitely
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Aq1p5x0Gb_ya5UY5qTwyWZG8vLYF?gid=201103 2124)
Indefinitely sounds worse than 2 weeks. Also, Duncan's injury described by Dice as a severe sprain. Hope they're just being cautious.

Indefinintely means indefinitely. It may sound 2 days to 2 years. But due to Duncan's injury, it shouldn't be more serious then 2 weeks.

howbouthemspurs
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I think he'll be fine

cheguevara
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
minimum 2 weeks. Good thing Rudy Gay is out so we could even coast through 1st round with a 60% Timmy

rjv
03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
the big question here is whether it is a high ankle sprain or not. if it is, then it could be between 4-6 weeks and if not then it would be between 2-4 depending on the grade of the sprain. i guess today's MRI will tell us more. as pop indicated it's not 'flowers and lollipops' so let's hope the swelling reduced overnight.

so worst case, he is out for most of the 1st round and best case, he gets back for about 2 or 3 games before the season ends just to get some conditioning in.

Whisky Dog
03-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Rofl - 57-13 start and this is what yahoo finally decides to write about the Spurs. Fuck them all.

2Cleva
03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Rofl - 57-13 start and this is what yahoo finally decides to write about the Spurs. Fuck them all.

That was an AP recap. Yahoo still doesn't care about the Spurs!

:toast

dbreiden83080
03-22-2011, 10:10 AM
There is like 3 weeks left in the season.. If Tim needs all 3 weeks off then so be it..

lefty
03-22-2011, 10:18 AM
So much for 69-13 :pctoss

:lol

Beaverfuzz
03-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ lol

coyotes_geek
03-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Something tells me that "out indefinitely" = "out until we lose 2 in a row".

B-Hath
03-22-2011, 11:22 AM
That was an AP recap. Yahoo still doesn't care about the Spurs!

They really don't. It wasn't news when we lowered the boomstick on the Heat by 30. But when we get cack smacked by the Heat by 30, it's all over the sports front page.

Horse
03-22-2011, 12:30 PM
It could workout great if Splitter gets the time he needs, he's been looking better and we will need his help come playoff time.

boutons_deux
03-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Splitter still doesn't look as aggressive, assertive, confident, responsible as the vids of his Euro games, so I'm expecting a lot more.

Mugen
03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
i think he's back for the Boston or Houston game. Those are b2bs so i dont think he'll play both but i think he'll be back for one of those.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Nothing we don't already know, just Smith's view of it.

Down Goes Duncan (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/03/22/down-goes-duncan/)
Sekou Smith
Hang Time Blog
NBA.com

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/03/22/down-goes-duncan/

DesignatedT
03-22-2011, 12:41 PM
It could workout great if Splitter gets the time he needs, he's been looking better and we will need his help come playoff time.

Or it could work out disastrously if he is out for an extended time or can't recover properly and is prone to spraining it again come playoff time. Doubt we could win it with a 70% healthy Duncan like we did in 05.

ace3g
03-22-2011, 12:46 PM
M_Monroe_in_SA Mike Monroe
Tim Duncan ankle sprain "between grade 1 and grade 2" according to Spurs GM R.C. Buford, but no time frame yet on possible return to action

M_Monroe_in_SA Mike Monroe
Duncan had MRI on left ankle Tuesday morning; prognosis for return expected in 48 to 72 hours says Buford

iminol
03-22-2011, 12:46 PM
what does it mean: "between 1 and 2 grade"?

Results MRI in 2 days. Jeez.

2Cleva
03-22-2011, 12:49 PM
2 days for results? That doesn't sound good.

benefactor
03-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Between 1 and 2 is good news. Two weeks or less.

benefactor
03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
2 days for results? That doesn't sound good.
The Spurs have never been ones to get in a hurry to give media updates.

Moses Guthrie
03-22-2011, 12:52 PM

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00150

DesignatedT
03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Should be back before playoffs for sure. Hopefully a few games before.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Duncan will miss upcoming three-game Spurs trip (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/duncan-will-miss-upcoming-three-game-spurs-trip/)
Tim Griffin

...“He had an MRI this morning that confirmed what the X-rays showed last night. It’s structurally looks good,” Buford said. “We will have a better idea of what the timeline is over the next 48 hours. But he won’t travel on the trip and he’ll be receiving daily treatment here.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/duncan-will-miss-upcoming-three-game-spurs-trip/

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 12:58 PM

Looks like they have the results, but it will be a couple of days before a definitive prognosis can be made. Wait for swelling to go down, determine when rehab can start, etc.

rjv
03-22-2011, 01:02 PM
1 to 2 so somewhere between some stretching and a slight tear. not bad. maybe 2 weeks or a little less at best.

ace3g
03-22-2011, 01:02 PM
How the Spurs have fared with Duncan in and out of lineup

Season W/Duncan (RS) No Duncan (RS) W/Duncan (P) No Duncan (P)

1997-98 56-26 .683 0-0 .000 4-5 .444 0-0 .000

1998-99 37-13 .740 0-0 .000 15-2 .882 0-0 .000

1999-00 48-26 .649 5-3 .625 0-0 .000 1-3 .250

2000-01 58-24 .707 0-0 .000 7-6 .538 0-0 .000

2001-02 58-24 .707 0-0 .000 4-5 .444 0-1 .000

2002-03 60-21 .741 0-1 .000 16-8 .667 0-0 .000

2003-04 51-18 .739 6-7 .462 6-4 .600 0-0 .000

2004-05 50-16 .758 9-7 .563 16-7 .696 0-0 .000

2005-06 61-19 .763 2-0 1.000 7-6 .538 0-0 .000

2006-07 58-22 .725 0-2 .000 16-4 .800 0-0 .000

2007-08 54-24 .692 2-2 .500 9-8 .529 0-0 .000

2008-09 49-26 .653 5-2 .714 1-4 .200 0-0 .000

2009-10 47-31 .603 3-1 .750 4-6 .400 0-0 .000

2010-11 56-13 .812 1-0 1.000

TOTALS 743-303 .710 33-25 .569 105-63 .625 1-4 .200

Note: RS indicates regular-season games, P indicates playoff games.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/how-the-spurs-have-fared-with-duncan-in-and-out-of-lineup/

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Timmy update:

http://twitter.com/#!/M_Monroe_in_SA

Duncan had MRI on left ankle Tuesday morning; prognosis for return expected in 48 to 72 hours says Buford

ajballer4
03-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Just got a message saying he was on crutches with no timetable for is return

Fermixalot
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Per Spurs Facebook:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/tim_duncan_injury_report_110322.html

Spurs forward Tim Duncan had an MRI today which confirmed that he has a sprained left ankle. He will not accompany the team on its upcoming three-game road-trip (Denver, Portland and Memphis). Instead he'll remain in San Antonio for treatment and rehabilitation. A timeline for his return has not yet been determined

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Tim needs to go see Tony's rehab guy.

Fermixalot
03-22-2011, 01:18 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/duncan-will-miss-upcoming-three-game-spurs-trip/

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said that Duncan’s injury is between a grade 1 and 2 ankle sprain.

“He had an MRI this morning that confirmed what the X-rays showed last night. It’s structurally looks good,” Buford said.

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Tim needs to go see Tony's rehab guy.

tony was scheduled to miss 4 weeks right?

Juggity
03-22-2011, 01:23 PM
How the Spurs have fared with Duncan in and out of lineup

"Overall, including all regular-season and playoff games, the Spurs are 848-366 with Duncan in the lineup for a winning percentage of .699. Without him, their record is 34-29 for a winning percentage of .540."

Well, that's not terrible. Sure, we'll drop a few more games without him to help us out on defense. But it's not the end of the world. Barring an extremely unlikely collapse, I still don't see us relinquishing HCA

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, it isn't official or anything, but if it's actually between a grade 1 and grade 2, then that shouldn't be a problem at all..hopefully that's legit..he should still have a few games to shake some rust off, before the playoffs..

Duncan has to be around a 100% for the Spurs to have a shot, obviously..no 80% bullshit..everybody knows Tim steps his game up a few levels for the playoffs, so hopefully he's physically able to do it this time around(this isn't 2006 anymore, where he could be the best player in the NBA, despite the plantar)..

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 01:34 PM
ESPN's crawler just reported that Duncan's status won't be determined for 2-3 days. RC Buford says Timmy's ankle looks good structurally. I'm sure someone will have better information soon if this isn't already old. Just trying to help. :)

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Granted, it was 6 years ago, but the March 20, 2005 ankle injury Timmy sustained in Detroit was a Grade 2 sprain (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/duncan_on_il_050321.html). He was out from March 21, 2005 through April 13, 2005. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01/gamelog/2005/) He missed 12 games and the Spurs went 8-4 during that span.

If the diagnosis of a sprain that is between Grade 1 and Grade 2 holds, this would be less severe injury than that one.

Of course, the end game here is different than it was in 2005; HCA was relatively insignificant to those Spurs -- particularly in the Western Conference. Additionally, Tim's ankle was vulnerable through the 2005 playoffs, despite a month of rehab.

Bruno
03-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Great news.

Duncan should have fully recovered for the playoffs. Spurs have a big enough lead and are a good enough team to keep the 1st seed.

rmt
03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Granted, it was 6 years ago, but the March 20, 2005 ankle injury Timmy sustained in Detroit was a Grade 2 sprain (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/duncan_on_il_050321.html). He was out from March 21, 2005 through April 13, 2005. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01/gamelog/2005/) He missed 12 games and the Spurs went 8-4 during that span.

If the diagnosis of a sprain that is between Grade 1 and Grade 2 holds, this would be less severe injury than that one.

Of course, the end game here is different than it was in 2005; HCA was relatively insignificant to those Spurs -- particularly in the Western Conference. Additionally, Tim's ankle was vulnerable through the 2005 playoffs, despite a month of rehab.

Well, he's 6 years older so it takes longer to rehab. If Spurs can hold on to HCA, maybe he should just rest it until the playoffs start. He could probably get away with resting until playoffs start and easing into the 1st round if the opponent is PHX or HOU - not MEM.

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
For whatever it's worth, the Spurs have already clinched a top-4 seed.

To clinch a top 3 seed they need to do away with the possibility that OKC can catch them. To do that, the Spurs' magic number is 1, since they hold the tiebreaker over the Thunder.

To clinch a top 2 seed, they need to eliminate any chance that the Mavericks can catch them. To do that, the Spurs' magic number is 4, again because they hold the tiebreaker.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 02:56 PM
MRI shows Duncan may be out more than two weeks (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/22/mri-shows-duncan-may-be-out-more-than-two-weeks/)
Kurt Helin

An MRI on Tim Duncan’s ankle showed “between a grade one and grade two sprain” Spurs GM R.C. Buford said, reports Mike Monroe on twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/M_Monroe_in_SA).

A grade one sprain would mean about the two-week recovery Duncan himself said after the injury. A grade two sprain — which means a partial tearing of the ligaments – would be more like a month. The Spurs will announce a timetable for Duncans’ return in 48 to 72 hours, Buford said.

The NBA playoffs start in three weeks.

Duncan injured his ankle in the second quarter Monday when came down on the foot of Golden State’s Ekpe Udoh and his ankle rolled.

As Zach Lowe noted at Sports Illustrated (http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/03/22/theres-no-understating-duncans-importance/), Tony Parker has said the only truly important thing about the Duncan injury to the News Express Spurs Nation blog (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/spurs-beat-warriors-lose-duncan/):

“We can win without Timmy in the rest of the regular season and get that top seed,” Tony Parker said. “But we’re not going anywhere in the playoffs without him.”

The Spurs will finish with the top seed in the NBA, they have a comfortable 7 game lead over the Lakers out West and 6.5 games over Boston and Chicago for the overall. The Spurs likely would win a first-round playoff match up with Memphis, New Orleans or Houston without a 100 percent Duncan, although they could be pushed six games or more.

But by the time of a second round matchup — probably against Oklahoma City — they will need him back and 100 percent.

So expect for the rest of the regular season for the Spurs to take a page out of the Celtics playbook and not rush Duncan back at all. It’s not like this veteran team that has played the first 70 games of the season together need him to work on fitting in. But come the playoffs, you can expect Duncan to play. Or you can expect the Spurs to be in trouble.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/22/mri-shows-duncan-may-be-out-more-than-two-weeks/

The Zach Lowe piece.

There’s no understating Duncan’s importance (http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/03/22/theres-no-understating-duncans-importance/)
Zach Lowe
The Point Forward
SI.com

Tony Parker really said the only important thing to be said (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/21/spurs-beat-warriors-lose-duncan/) about Tim Duncan’s nasty-looking ankle sprain that, according to San Antonio’s broadcast team, will sideline him for a couple of weeks: The Spurs have zero chance of winning the title without Duncan, and if the injury somehow becomes serious enough to actually limit him or keep him out for the playoffs, the Thunder would suddenly look pretty good sitting in that No. 4 slot in a potential second-round matchup with San Antonio.

What else is there to say, really? There’s no “race” for the top seed to worry about, no key stretch of the schedule left. There is the postseason and nothing else for San Antonio.

Duncan is the main (and possibly only) thing standing between the Spurs and defensive mediocrity. He is the team’s sole reliable rim protector, and the Spurs have quietly allowed a whopping six more points per 100 possessions with Duncan on the bench this season, according to Basketball Value (http://basketballvalue.com/teamplayers.php?year=2010-2011&team=SAS). For the 28 minutes Duncan is on the floor every game, the Spurs defend only a smidgen worse than Boston and Chicago — and that difference vanishes once you factor in how much more potent Western Conference offenses are than their counterparts in the East. With Duncan on the bench, San Antonio defends like a league-average team.

Keep reading... (http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/03/22/theres-no-understating-duncans-importance/)

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/03/22/theres-no-understating-duncans-importance/

duncan228
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Ball Don't Lie chimes in.

Just how bad is Tim Duncan’s ankle injury? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Just-how-bad-is-Tim-Duncan-8217-s-ankle-injury-?urn=nba-wp410)
By Kelly Dwyer

This morning, I gave Tim Duncan's ankle injury a shrug of the shoulders. The Spurs are in no danger of losing the top seed in the Western Conference to the Los Angeles Lakers, or the Southwest Division to the Dallas Mavericks. They've gone strong early, earning the ability to not worry about losing their best player for the next two or three weeks.

Any time beyond that? It's a bit of a worry.

Because the final night of the regular season is three weeks from Wednesday. And the playoffs will start for San Antonio any time between the afternoon of April 16th and the evening of April 17th. Could Duncan be out that long?

Keep reading... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Just-how-bad-is-Tim-Duncan-8217-s-ankle-injury-?urn=nba-wp410)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Just-how-bad-is-Tim-Duncan-8217-s-ankle-injury-?urn=nba-wp410

Supergirl
03-22-2011, 03:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=And_IlGFEfIZLaUe27R415e8vLYF?slug=ap-spurswithoutduncan

Apparently Duncan's on crutches and the swelling still hasn't gone down.

But I was reassured by the reminder that in 2005 Duncan had a similar ankle sprain, the the Spurs went on to win the championship with what is likely to be a lower seed than they will have this year. So I'm not worried.

DPG21920
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm worried. There is too much riding on this season to not be worried. I will be worried until someone prominent comes out and says "he's good to go".

igruex
03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
A sprain somewhere between grade 1 and 2 would be great, if Timmy gets away with "only" a grade 1 sprain we should be really thankful. However, judging by who it looked I'm not that optimistic.

Oh, and fuck the regular season we would retain the 1st seed as long as Tony's playing. We don't even need Manu for that.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
The 2005 story.

A history lesson for frightened Spurs fans (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/a-history-lesson-for-frightened-spurs-fans/)
Mike Monroe

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/a-history-lesson-for-frightened-spurs-fans/

crc21209
03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Just please be alright Timmy, that's all we ask for....we can't win it without you....

Knoxxx
03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Well he will play on one leg if he has to. Now we know why he rarely jumps and then rarely more than 2 inches off the ground!

El Chorizo
03-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Tim will show up and be the man.

crc21209
03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Just got a message saying he was on crutches with no timetable for is return

OK wait, I saw the article where it said Tim is on crutches, but from today's practice video RC said he ISN'T on crutches...hmmmm...

mexicanjunior
03-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't understand why people keep bringing up the 2005 season...Timmy is not who he was 6 years ago and neither is the rest of this team. 2005 Spurs had a in-prime Manu with fresh legs and a great supporting cast including Robert Horry, Nazr Mohammed, Brent Barry, and Bruce Bowen. This team doesn't have the veteran role players that one did...

dbreiden83080
03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I am sure he will feel a lot better in 7-10 days. Ankle sprains like that are the scariest the first 24-48 hrs.. He has 3 weeks to heal. Spurs may have to do this the final 12 without him and that should be no problem with the lead they have..

DesignatedT
03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
No worried about losing the 1 seed, I'm not sure anybody is worried about that. Duncan has to be 100% for the playoffs if we want a shot, not just be able to play. We can't win it with Duncan on 1 good ankle. Just sit him until it's right with no question marks, even if he is a little rusty/out of shape when returning. We can deal with those things but we can't deal with him having a bum ankle throughout the whole playoffs like we did in 05.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
If anyone missed it.

R.C. Buford - Practice 3/22/11
Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford discuss Tim Duncan's left ankle sprain to the media at Tuesday's practice.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/110322_buford.html

kaji157
03-22-2011, 04:31 PM
He'll be back for the playoffs and will have the Memphis/Houston series to get ready.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm taking this with the approach

Better this happened now than in the playoffs.. it won't happen in the playoffs.. Lets just try and relax..

DesignatedT
03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
He'll be back for the playoffs and will have the Memphis/Houston series to get ready.

That's what I'm guessing. Pop might let him get some burn in a couple games before the playoffs strictly for conditioning purposes, but I'm thinking Pop sits him till then regardless of how Duncan says it feels.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2011, 04:34 PM
That's what I'm guessing. Pop might let him get some burn in a couple games before the playoffs strictly for conditioning purposes, but I'm thinking Pop sits him till then regardless of how Duncan says it feels.

Imagine if this had happened 2 games till the playoffs with Duncan just getting some min in for conditioning.. Thank god this happened with 3 weeks to go

DesignatedT
03-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Imagine if this had happened 2 games till the playoffs with Duncan just getting some min in for conditioning.. Thank god this happened with 3 weeks to go

Very true.

Mugen
03-22-2011, 04:41 PM
i'm just as worried as how this will affect Manu/TP. i hope the other guys can step it up and not have to rely on them to win games like last night.

Can't afford to have either one of them burn themselves out before the playoffs start.

Strategic
03-22-2011, 04:47 PM
The Spurs have to make the playoffs with Timmy, Manu and McDyess rested to beat hell. The "magic number" crap doesn't fly. If the Spurs have to play for position during the 81st and 82nd game of this year, they're screwed. David Stern will not give this team an extra days rest, you can count on that. If they sew up home court advantage on or before April 9th all is well. If it goes past that, look out!!!

:nope

tlongII
03-22-2011, 04:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6247278

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan is on crutches and the San Antonio Spurs don't know how long they'll be without their All-Star forward.

But Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said Tuesday an MRI exam showed Duncan's ankle "looks good" structurally.

Buford said team doctors are still waiting for the swelling on Duncan's left ankle to subside. It will likely be another two or three days before a timetable is set.

The 34-year-old Duncan sprained the ankle Monday night in a win over Golden State. It's the first significant injury all season for the NBA's winningest team.

The 34-year-old All-Star fell and immediately reached for his left foot after landing on the foot of Ekpe Udoh following a short jumper early in the first quarter. Duncan lay on his side, clutching his foot with both hands, for more than a minute before being helped into the locker room.

The AT&T Center fell quiet when Duncan crashed to the court and reached for his foot. Tony Parker was one of the first players over to check on him; Parker then turned and winced at Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who was standing in front of the Spurs bench with his hands in his pockets and watching his two-time MVP writhe on the ground.

Following the game, Popovich said Duncan would be out "a while" but didn't have a timetable.

EJFischer
03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Deceptive thread title.

ALVAREZ6
03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
:depressed:depressed:depressed

John Basedow
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
They still have HCA on lockdown, and this gives Splitter some valuable run before the playoffs. Duncan is garbage offensively, so they're not missing much there. If Splitter can prove to play adequate D then this may be the best thing to ever happen to them.

rjv
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
i see tlong is up to his usual trolling habits

Reck
03-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Tlong thread fail.

So far it looks like he'll be out for the rest of the season. He should be back by playoffs time.

And since Memphis lost Gay for the rest of the year, Tim could even sit that series out until the second round.

DesignatedT
03-22-2011, 05:04 PM
lock it. merge it with the duncan update thread. no new information here.

phxspurfan
03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Nothing new to see here...just some journalists from the usual places putting unnecessarily negative spin to get clicks.

crc21209
Obvious troll thread. Already a "Duncan Update" thread going, and they dont say his return is uncertain for Playoffs...jackass. Another conflicting report is that he's on crutches? Was he really? When RC was asked at practice if he was he said no....

Mel_13
Middle aged man trolling on internet message boards.

Sad, just sad.

LakerHater
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I hope all this rest doesnt lead to rust!!

ploto
03-22-2011, 06:16 PM
The main worry is that the Spurs are rarely forthcoming when the news is not so good.

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 06:32 PM
The main worry is that the Spurs are rarely forthcoming when the news is not so good.

You're an idiot. :lol

tlongII
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Who moved my thread?! What bullshit!

crc21209
03-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Who moved my thread?! What bullshit!

:lol Fossil....

Hooks
03-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Tlong thread fail.

So far it looks like he'll be out for the rest of the season. He should be back by playoffs time.

And since Memphis lost Gay for the rest of the year, Tim could even sit that series out until the second round.

I keep on forgetting that we're going to be playing a shitty team in the 1st round, he probably could sit out the 1st round of the playoffs. I'd rather the Spurs play Houston though, Memphis has been going apeshit against us lately.

Budkin
03-22-2011, 07:44 PM
He'll be back a few games before the playoffs. Book it.

Yorae
03-22-2011, 07:55 PM
An ankle for a championship....remember 05...

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
my thread! What bullshit!

exactly

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 10:51 PM
ESPN reporting on the crawler that Duncan's missing the upcoming road trip.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
ESPN reporting on the crawler that Duncan's missing the upcoming road trip.

He's staying to get daily treatment.

Duncan will miss upcoming three-game Spurs trip (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/duncan-will-miss-upcoming-three-game-spurs-trip/)
Tim Griffin

...“He had an MRI this morning that confirmed what the X-rays showed last night. It’s structurally looks good,” Buford said. “We will have a better idea of what the timeline is over the next 48 hours. But he won’t travel on the trip and he’ll be receiving daily treatment here.”

Video: R.C. Buford - Practice 3/22/11
Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford discuss Tim Duncan's left ankle sprain to the media at Tuesday's practice.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/110322_buford.html

Obstructed_View
03-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Don't poop on my scoop, woman.

duncan228
03-22-2011, 11:51 PM
...Parker, meanwhile, couldn’t resist a playful jab at the team’s medical staff, which earlier this month offered a prognosis of 2-4 weeks on his calf injury that healed in five days.

“We’ll see if the doctor is accurate this time,” Parker said. “He wasn’t accurate with me.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/22/tough-road-trip-now-tougher-for-spurs/

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2011, 11:53 PM
i think duncan will go out with a bang if he does come back and play on that bum ankle, if we win it all...he will likely to retire when theres a high chance of a lockout....

Splits
03-22-2011, 11:56 PM
i think duncan will go out with a bang if he does come back and play on that bum ankle, if we win it all...he will likely to retire when theres a high chance of a lockout....

I don't care what he does if he brings home a 5th, but I doubt the "chance of a lockout" will influence anything. He's contracted through next year.

TampaDude
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
We'll win at least one of the 3 games.

cnyc3
03-23-2011, 12:06 AM
was hoping to see him in Portland on friday :depressed

timtonymanu
03-23-2011, 12:21 AM
was hoping to see him in Portland on friday :depressed

+1. My first Spurs game and he won't be there.

cnyc3
03-23-2011, 12:35 AM

it'll be my 3rd. are you from portland?

timtonymanu
03-23-2011, 12:38 AM
it'll be my 3rd. are you from portland?

Yes I am. New to the city.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Apparently Duncan is on crutches now?

Daaaaaamn.

crc21209
03-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Apparently Duncan is on crutches now?

Daaaaaamn.

This is all over the ESPN article, but is it true though? I've asked this time and time again, anyone know the answer? Like I said before, In the Practice video from today RC is asked if TD is on crutches at around the 2:05 mark, and RC says no....

Here's the link: http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/110322_buford.html

DJ Mbenga
03-23-2011, 01:27 AM
shouldnt that doctor be fired? he could have cost the spurs 2 weeks of a healthy parker

jimo2305
03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
duncan on crutches isn't a bad thing.. i just sprained my ankle too and i could use crutches but i chose not to.. the whole point of the crutches so that he puts as little weight as possible on that ankle while they work on reducing the swelling and stuff..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2011, 01:29 AM
shouldnt that doctor be fired? he could have cost the spurs 2 weeks of a healthy parker

He's probably the same doctor Michael Jackson had.

Manu-of-steel
03-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Crutches are for support, it doesn't necessarily mean that the sprain is severe.

sa_butta
03-23-2011, 09:15 AM
I am on week 3 of an ankle sprain myself, I have been off crutches for a week and now I am begining to walk around with a limp. However I dont have the medical staff and help he has working on his ankle so 2-3 weeks is legit I think.

wildbill2u
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Pop will keep him out way beyond the point at which TD says he's ready to go as a safety measure to save him for the playoffs. When you are this close to the end of the regular season, you don't want to risk losing him.

So let's relax and see what the backups can do with more minutes. I think they can win a few games for us.

lefty
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Who cares

Bonner will be there :hat

duncan228
03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Pop says "4 or 5 games" on Duncan. Might not miss 2 full weeks. Says injury won't threaten Duncan's availability for playoffs. Blog to come.

Asked if team docs had given any reason to believe Duncan could miss start of playoffs, Pop says: "No, no, no."

Sean Cagney
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
VERY VERY VERY GOOD! I was afraid he might, but good to hear there.

Mel_13
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN

Pop says "4 or 5 games" on Duncan. Might not miss 2 full weeks. Says injury won't threaten Duncan's availability for playoffs. Blog to come.

Asked if team docs had given any reason to believe Duncan could miss start of playoffs, Pop says: "No, no, no."

Fantastic news.

duncan228
03-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Blog update on possible timetable for Tim Duncan's return: http://bit.ly/errXYi

Duncan to miss “4 or 5 games” (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/23/duncan-to-miss-4-or-5-games/)
Jeff McDonald

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/23/duncan-to-miss-4-or-5-games/

Cessation
03-23-2011, 09:02 PM
This spurs team is stacked, Splitter/Dice/Blair can produce some of what duncan brings, the other guys will cover the rest, spurs are fine. Nice to see its only 4-5 games. This rest could be what duncan need for an extended playoff run, after playing all season.

DesignatedT
03-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Great news.

Hoops Czar
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I read that as 4 to 5 games minimum.

duncan228
03-23-2011, 09:13 PM
I read that as 4 to 5 games minimum.

Yup. We're going to have to wait it out.

..."I’m hoping it won’t be that long,” Popovich said. “A good four or five games for sure. Beyond that, I won’t really know until we get back.”

...“Once he gets back on the court in a couple of days, we’ll be able to tell more,” Popovich said. “But four or five games for sure.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/23/duncan-to-miss-4-or-5-games/

lefty
03-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Great news !

Thanks for the update :tu

LakerHater
03-23-2011, 09:34 PM
McDonald: Duncan to miss "4 or 5 games" (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/23/duncan-to-miss-4-or-5-games/)

Dex
03-23-2011, 09:41 PM
As long as he's back with a few games to catch his wind for the playoffs, I'll be more than satisfied. :tu

Rummpd
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Great news!