PDA

View Full Version : in S. Korea, I pass for Tim Duncan

Axe Murderer
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
I just moved to Seoul to teach English and headed to the hospital today for a pre-employment physical.

the doc told me, and im not making this up at all, that I look like Tim Duncan then asked me if I knew who this was.

later on I was observing a classroom and the little Korean kids were asked what my name is. one called me "gorilla teacher" and later "king kong."

the kicker to all of this is that I am a white guy with a dark complexion (along the lines of say christopher maltisanti on the sopranos). over here pale white skin is the gold standard of beauty, no one has ever seen a foreigner and I am percieved as a black guy. shit is crazy, racism is not cool guys.

i get stared at and pointed at to an unbelieable extent too. i walked up to a urinal and begin to piss this afternoon and the guy next to me literally turned his head 90 degrees and stared for a good 3 seconds.

...fuck mohommed ali for calling joe frazer a gorilla by the way. that shit wasn't too cool either and im not sure why he got a pass on that.

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I just moved to Seoul to teach English and headed to the hospital today for a pre-employment physical.

the doc told me, and im not making this up at all, that I look like Tim Duncan then asked me if I knew who this was.

later on I was observing a classroom and the little Korean kids were asked what my name is. one called me "gorilla teacher" and later "king kong."

the kicker to all of this is that I am a white guy with a dark complexion (along the lines of say christopher maltisanti on the sopranos). over here pale white skin is the gold standard of beauty, no one has ever seen a foreigner and I am percieved as a black guy. shit is crazy, racism is not cool guys.

i get stared at and pointed at to an unbelieable extent too. i walked up to a urinal and begin to piss this afternoon and the guy next to me literally turned his head 90 degrees and stared for a good 3 seconds.

...fuck mohommed ali for calling joe frazer a gorilla by the way. that shit wasn't too cool either and im not sure why he got a pass on that.

I bet I know what gives you away or blows your cover....you don't have a tongue ring....:lmao

clambake
03-22-2011, 11:53 AM
i bet he's got $500.

KillerMamba
03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Show a pic.

By the way, Interesting job - It seems like it's becoming a trend for those who can't find work here. How much do they pay you?

Magic2Kobe
03-22-2011, 01:40 PM
lol.

Blake
03-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't know how much your rushing to defend Tech helps, considering you're an axe murderer.