PDA

View Full Version : Duncan twists his ankle

KobeSynco_TimQuattro
03-22-2011, 12:05 PM
and will now be out for "a while" but when Kobe severely sprains his ankle he doesn't even miss a game?

WTF?

BlackSwordsMan
03-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Because someone a foot taller is going to have the same injury?

clambake
03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
yeah.....but does he have $500?

KobeSynco_TimQuattro
03-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Because someone a foot taller is going to have the same injury?

Does Kobe have special ligaments just because he's 6'6"?

BlackSwordsMan
03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
When object fall from different heights you're bound to get varying degrees of damage are we not? When your dumb soft shell egg head drops off your bed from your sleep apnea at 2 feet high would it be the same if you fell at 50 feet high?

KobeSynco_TimQuattro
03-22-2011, 12:13 PM
When object fall from different heights you're bound to get varying degrees of damage are we not? When your dumb soft shell egg head drops off your bed from your sleep apnea at 2 feet high would it be the same if you fell at 50 feet high?

So you are arguing that because Tim Duncan is taller he "fell" from a greater height?

Am I understanding you correctly?

lebomb
03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Sometimes when you roll the ankle, you can feel it happening and you kinda go limp and you snap it back keep all your weight off of it...........other times, you just roll it completely to the ground with no pressure being taking off said roll. Basically Timmy's went all the way.

Cry Havoc
03-22-2011, 12:21 PM
All ankles injuries are the same.

BlackSwordsMan
03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
So you are arguing that because Tim Duncan is taller he "fell" from a greater height?

You were trying to troll an argument about kobe having superior ankles over duncan and I was just pointing out you're an idiot who needs to pay up.

BlackSwordsMan
03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
500$ right now to DPG's account.

xellos88330
03-22-2011, 12:23 PM

I don't think height is the issue. Weight is what should be used. Heavier people have a greater impact when hitting the floor. It is much harder for the ankle to support the impact every time. When I would ball when I was younger I would sprain my ankles all the time on the court. I would be fine in a few minutes. It would just swell up a little when I got home. Next day I would be fine. Of course back then I was a scrawny crackhead looking kid.

BlackSwordsMan
03-22-2011, 12:25 PM
xellos obviously knows more about the subject I having never been involved in any type of physical activity is obviously in the wrong

lebomb
03-22-2011, 12:26 PM
All ankles injuries are the same.

OH no they arent my friend. I played Bball for 15-20yrs. Ive rolled my ankle and played the next day...........then I rolled it good and could not walk for a month.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Plus, Kobe's injuries are like Pierce's.

It's food for all those that believe in the fake hero attitude.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
OH no they arent my friend. I played Bball for 15-20yrs. Ive rolled my ankle and played the next day...........then I rolled it good and could not walk for a month.

Err... I think he was being sarcastic. :rolleyes

Moses Guthrie
03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
There is a wide range in severity of different ankle sprains. Comparing the two is a pointless argument. Duncan is every bit as tough as Kobe. Lakerfan doesn't get this because Duncan doesn't constantly bitch and moan about his nagging, chronic injuries like Kobe does.

mazerrackham
03-22-2011, 12:29 PM

He was being sarcastic. where's the blue text when you need it...

Giuseppe
03-22-2011, 12:31 PM
There is a wide range in severity of different ankle sprains. Comparing the two is a pointless argument. Duncan is every bit as tough as Kobe. Lakerfan doesn't get this because Duncan doesn't constantly bitch and moan about his nagging, chronic injuries like Kobe does.

Though Kobe played in the same game.

If Duncan plays next game he'll prove the toughness point. It won't be in the same game like Kobe, but, it'll still be of note.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Kone likes to do a Pierce every so often I just lost track of his real injuries.

Which are real, which are fake? That's not being tough, just stupid.

Moses Guthrie
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Though Kobe played in the same game.

If Duncan plays next game he'll prove the toughness point. It won't be in the same game like Kobe, but, it'll still be of note.

Duncan's already done that once this year. If he's out longer this time, it means the injury is worse than Kobe's. Period.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 12:35 PM
You were trying to troll an argument about kobe having superior ankles over duncan and I was just pointing out you're an idiot who needs to pay up.

Pay up?

And trolling? WTF? This is basketball.

Kobe Bryant's ankle rolled completely, the video tape shows it. He came back and still played in the same game. Played every game since too.

Tim's ankle barely rolled and that pussy had to be carried off and will be out for a while.

I don't think it has to do with ankle strength at all. I think Tim's just a pussy.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 12:36 PM
xellos obviously knows more about the subject i having never been involved in any type of physical activity is obviously in the wrong

+1

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Kobe's injuries are fake. The guy has a pathological need to make himself have a hero-cred, and a tough attitude.
It all started back when he raped that girl, when just in 15 minutes of interrogation, he splurted a lot of Shaq's locker stuff.

The guy coudn't be more fake (not counting Pierce).

Jelloisjigglin
03-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Pay up?

And trolling? WTF? This is basketball.

Kobe Bryant's ankle rolled completely, the video tape shows it. He came back and still played in the same game. Played every game since too.

Tim's ankle barely rolled and that pussy had to be carried off and will be out for a while.

I don't think it has to do with ankle strength at all. I think Tim's just a pussy.

But he doesn't really need to come back and play. The Spurs have the best record locked up. If the shoe was on the other foot, i'm pretty sure even Kobe would rest up for the playoffs as well, tbh.

Jelloisjigglin
03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Kobe's injuries are fake. The guy has a pathological need to make himself have a hero-cred, and a tough attitude.
It all started back when he raped that girl, when just in 15 minutes of interrogation, he splurted a lot of Shaq's locker stuff.

Seriously fake? Did you not see the video of him rolling his ankle?

im9voO0-HNI

cheguevara
03-22-2011, 12:40 PM

:lol

so true

Moses Guthrie
03-22-2011, 12:42 PM
But he doesn't really need to come back and play. The Spurs have the best record locked up. If the shoe was on the other foot, i'm pretty sure even Kobe would rest up for the playoffs as well, tbh.

Bingo.

This is how bad this troll attempt is . . . can't even get gnlf to play along.

lebomb
03-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Err... I think he was being sarcastic. :rolleyes

Ahhhhh...............no wonder that shit didnt make a damn bit of sense. :wakeup

unregistered user
03-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Dude. You can determine the exact nature of each injury and what happened inside the ankle just from looking at video? That's awesome.

TheMACHINE
03-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't think height is the issue. Weight is what should be used. Heavier people have a greater impact when hitting the floor. It is much harder for the ankle to support the impact every time. When I would ball when I was younger I would sprain my ankles all the time on the court. I would be fine in a few minutes. It would just swell up a little when I got home. Next day I would be fine. Of course back then I was a scrawny crackhead looking kid.

seems more of an AGE issue. Younger people heal faster.

Giuseppe
03-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Duncan still has the opportunity to almost match Kobe by playing the next game.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, TD needs to fake-out a injury, go out in a wheelchair, and return in the last quarter for a emotional ending. Then he would be as fake as Kobe and Pierce.

That's what every player wants.

What's funny, is that if Kobe later suffers a season ending injury on the same ankle, all off the sudden "he should have stayed out of the game to no risk a injury!" everyone whines.

midnightpulp
03-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Who is going to be your return server in this thread, Jaspers?

tdunk21
03-22-2011, 01:18 PM

nice sig.....

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah, TD needs to fake-out a injury, go out in a wheelchair, and return in the last quarter for a emotional ending. Then he would be as fake as Kobe and Pierce.

That's what every player wants.

What's funny, is that if Kobe later suffers a season ending injury on the same ankle, all off the sudden "he should have stayed out of the game to no risk a injury!" everyone whines.

I don't even think Duncan sprained anything. He probably got kicked in the ankle or maybe jammed his toe.

That had to be the weakest tweak of an ankle ever recorded.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Same as the last one. Did you like how when I told you to go and do it I just continued to ignore you? :lmao

Mel_13
03-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Games played since the start of the 97-98 season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1998&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=1000&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=g

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't even think Duncan sprained anything. He probably got kicked in the ankle or maybe jammed his toe.

That had to be the weakest tweak of an ankle ever recorded.

Notice how you didn't dispute Kobe fakes his injuries.

Mike D
03-22-2011, 01:24 PM
So much idiocy in this thread by so many posters.

Im enjoying the popcorn while idiots troll through.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 01:25 PM

I tend to ignore nonsense.

Mike D
03-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Spurs aren't in a fight for playoff seeding, Lakers are. Pop should rest Tim as long as he, Tim, and staff feel is right. Is Kobe's ankle related to Tim's? No. Same injury? Who knows. Is one worse? Who knows.

Does playing through it magically make it the right decision? Does taking time off make it the wrong decision? Case by case basis, and we as fans aren't privy to enough info to make accurate assessments.

Spurfan being offended then shouting back the other way being a hypocrit though, that's funny. Why don't you guys just get down to it and argue about who has a bigger pecker, or rather, just a less small one. Maybe about which dad would win in a fight. You know, something just as intelligent.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry, but we don't want more rational Laker fans here.
Only idiots, cocksuckers and trolls.

noob cake
and will now be out for "a while" but when Kobe severely sprains his ankle he doesn't even miss a game?

WTF?

Kome takes steroids and forcefully takes virginal sacrifices. No surprise there.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
Spurs aren't in a fight for playoff seeding, Lakers are. Pop should rest Tim as long as he, Tim, and staff feel is right. Is Kobe's ankle related to Tim's? No. Same injury? Who knows. Is one worse? Who knows.

Does playing through it magically make it the right decision? Does taking time off make it the wrong decision? Case by case basis, and we as fans aren't privy to enough info to make accurate assessments.

Spurfan being offended then shouting back the other way being a hypocrit though, that's funny. Why don't you guys just get down to it and argue about who has a bigger pecker, or rather, just a less small one.

Does anyone here believe that if the Spurs were say tied with the Mavs for seeding Tim would have come back last night or played in the next game?

Mike D
03-22-2011, 01:31 PM

Spurfan being offended then shouting back the other way being a hypocrit though, that's funny. Why don't you guys just get down to it and argue about who has a bigger pecker, or rather, just a less small one. Maybe about which dad would win in a fight. You know, something just as intelligent.

Does anyone here believe that if the Spurs were say tied with the Mavs for seeding Tim would have come back last night or played in the next game?

The trolls do. And probably Harlem/Chris.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Only idiotic coaches would allow it.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 01:33 PM

:sleep

Tinystarz
03-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Dude. You can determine the exact nature of each injury and what happened inside the ankle just from looking at video? That's awesome.

Mike D
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM

Troll, troll, troll your boat, gently through the threads..

KillerMamba
03-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Duncan is resting simply because he can. Lakers still fighting with Chi-town, Dallas and Boston. That is all.

TheMACHINE
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM

lol noobie begging people to reply to his troll antics.

Bill_Brasky
03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
So true. When Duncan didn't come back I was thinking how much of a pussy he was, rather than wondering what the extent of his injury was. OP hits the nail right on the head.

ManuBalboa
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
ITT: we all act like this ankle sprain isn't just an excuse to rest an old player

manufan10
03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
CIA Pop, tbh.. needed an excuse to rest Duncan, so they came up with a scheme to sit him for awhile.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
That's exactly how I viewed Tim's reaction to the play itself.

If you back and look at the tape you can see him fall to the ground with little (if any) contact on the foot/ankle in question.

When he landed on the ground there was a delayed reaction on his part as if he suddenly realized "hey I can really play this one up and take some much needed time off if I wince and grimace."

Virgin Islands are probably nice this time of year.

Bill_Brasky
03-22-2011, 06:20 PM
That's exactly how I viewed Tim's reaction to the play itself.

If you back and look at the tape you can see him fall to the ground with little (if any) contact on the foot/ankle in question.

When he landed on the ground there was a delayed reaction on his part as if he suddenly realized "hey I can really play this one up and take some much needed time off if I wince and grimace."

Virgin Islands are probably nice this time of year.

Duh. He knows like the rest of us that Saint Tiago getting minutes is the only way he hoists the LOB in June. Timmy is a cold, calculating mother fucker and he'll do anything it takes to win it all, even if it means throwing away a few RS games to get Mr. Splitter ready for the playoffs.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Duh. He knows like the rest of us that Saint Tiago getting minutes is the only way he hoists the LOB in June. Timmy is a cold, calculating mother fucker and he'll do anything it takes to win it all, even if it means throwing away a few RS games to get Mr. Splitter ready for the playoffs.

Well so long as he calculates it the same way he did last season, he should rock solid imo.

Mike D
03-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Lakers fans on it: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=130949

midnightpulp
03-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Well done, history. This kind of vanilla, ESPN style trolling is more your speed. The minor leagues if you will. I suggest you spend a few more years here honing your craft before you try to play in the majors again.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Well done, history. This kind of vanilla, ESPN style trolling is more your speed. The minor leagues if you will. I suggest you spend a few more years here honing your craft before you try to play in the majors again.

Conscious decision. I can control impulses.

midnightpulp
03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Conscious decision. I can control impulses.

Good. I'm glad you've learned your lesson. Cause every time you go at me, you wind up getting embarrassed.

dbreiden83080
03-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Duncan is supposedly on crutches dumb-ass..

Mike D
03-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Lakers fans on it: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=130949

Bump for the folks who want to see classy posts.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Good. I'm glad you've learned your lesson. Cause every time you go at me, you wind up getting embarrassed.

I don't want to be like you mid... no clue why you'd think I would.

Donkeybong
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6008/vaginatree1fullsize.jpg

Jloyola
03-22-2011, 10:04 PM
what kind of shoes does duncan wear?

TampaDude
03-22-2011, 10:08 PM
CIA Pop, tbh.. needed an excuse to rest Duncan, so they came up with a scheme to sit him for awhile.

All Timmy needs is some foie gras and truffles... :lol

manufan10
03-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Yah right, "Tony Parker is gonna be out 4 weeks". Then 2 games later he is back and he looks better then he did before the injury......Crock...

Exactly. I don't trust the Spurs or Celtics when it comes to reporting the truth about injuries.

manufan10
03-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I bet that even his MRI is boring.

:lmao

LkrFan
03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
:lmao
Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that one too. :lol

Most of LG are wishing for a speedy recovery for TD. We want to :ihit y'all ass fair and square. :toast