PDA

View Full Version : Laker Fans: Your Most Exhilarating Laker Win of All-Time

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Laker fans...what's the most exciting Laker game you've ever witnessed?

I know there are literally hundreds if not thousands to choose from....I know title games are huge but for me this was the most fun and exiting game to be a part of....it's a day I'll never forget...It seems Kobe lives to torment the Suns...I think I cried ( with laughter) all the way back to West Covina...:lol

ACZnF87Iy84

KillerMamba
03-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Too many to chose from. I would go with the win over the Blazers and Kings, for the simple fact that we knew that they were really our finals, and that we would just demolish the East. Of course, game 7 last year due to the revenge aspect, and the unlikeliness of coming back after being down 3 games to 2, as well as down 13 points in the third quarter.

PGDynasty24
03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I went to the game in 2000 Game 7 vs Blazers where we came back from down 15 in 4th quarter to go to Finals. I will never forget that game,and it's climax when Kobe threw that alley-oop to Shaq. Never in my life have I been in a arena so loud,literally everyone was jumping and going crazy. Even the celebs courtside were going crazy,just out of this world.

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Too many to chose from. I would go with the win over the Blazers and Kings, for the simple fact that we knew that they were really our finals, and that we would just demolish the East. Of course, game 7 last year due to the revenge aspect, and the unlikeliness of coming back after being down 3 games to 2, as well as down 13 points in the third quarter.

you call em out and I'll post em up...this was a classic:

H8epMd07g1Q

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I went to the game in 2000 Game 7 vs Blazers where we came back from down 15 in 4th quarter to go to Finals. I will never forget that game,and it's climax when Kobe threw that alley-oop to Shaq. Never in my life have I been in a arena so loud,literally everyone was jumping and going crazy. Even the celebs courtside were going crazy,just out of this world.

you set em up and I'll knock em down:

dOifpgQ6bO0

tlongII
03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Fuck this thread! :flipoff

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM

:lmao

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Hmmm, tough one my nigga. But if I had to choose
i'd go with Robert Horry, that shit will always be legendary

clambake
03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
did you pay to see these games?

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Hmmm, tough one my nigga. But if I had to choose
i'd go with Robert Horry, that shit will always be legendary

true dat...but how could I forget the Shot Heard Round The World...this has to be top 2 in all Sports History....:lol

you give me the ball and I'll throw a strike....

XoCwN3AxTXY

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:34 PM
did you pay to see these games?

nope but I paid to see this one:

:lol

you point him out and I'll fuck him up....

mCXDm3Bt21Y

clambake
03-22-2011, 04:37 PM
don't think you paid to see that.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Damn I forgot about .4 lol. That shot was another legendary shot.

ambchang
03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I've got to say Game 2 of the 2004 Finals. It proves that 4 HoFers on the same team can win at least one finals game.

And that Kobe three at the end of regulation? Pure genius.

Nick Manning
03-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I've got to say Game 2 of the 2004 Finals. It proves that 4 HoFers on the same team can win at least one finals game.

Once again ambchang can't go one post w/o mentioning Kobe.

http://www.bodyandbathplus.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ck-obsession-men-cologne.jpg

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Damn I forgot about .4 lol. That shot was another legendary shot.

well I didn't want to post this but Boston has gotten the raw end of the deal pretty often as well:

prolly the most recent greatest performance in NBA history....:lol

KuSpY4Rfrm8

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 04:55 PM

your avatar is offensive....:lol but anyway....Kobe single-handedly prevented us from getting swept...the only reason we lost to Detriot is because we was cursed by Karl Malone's presence...the dude impregnated a 13 yr old girl when he was I think 24 and kept it secret until his love child made it to the NFL recently...His bad Karma single handedly prevented us from winning the title so I can live with that one...:toast It was the Pedo's fault tbh....

lefty
03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Except for Koolaid.....

Everybody is a post 1999 Laker fan

Fucking bandwagonners........

lil_penny
03-22-2011, 05:10 PM

That kobe to shaq lob was the kick in the nuts.. Shaq said it best before the game, whoever came out of this game standing was winning it all.

John Basedow
03-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Those WCF were battles back in the day...tbh, over our 7 WCF trips in the last 10-11 years, the Spurs have far and away been the easiest opponent.

2000 Blazers, 4-3
2001 Spurs, 4-0
2002 Kings, 4-3
2004 Timberwolves, 4-2
2008 Spurs, 4-1
2009 Nuggets, 4-2
2010 Suns, 4-2

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Except for Koolaid.....

u betta fucking beleive it: :lol

-fW2AUE3g7U

TheMACHINE
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Lakers Vs Portland
Last game of the 2004 Season:
Kobe with the two crazy shots against The Kobe Stopper.

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Lakers Vs Portland

you pay for the stripper and I'll fuck her::lol

Kobe Stopper Who?

_P47mXVAVdU

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Lakers Vs Portland

You peep her out and I'll close the deal:

I'm sorry for all this shit tlong..:lol

fxOG678BA5Q

John Basedow
03-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Game 7 2000 WCF vs. Portland (best memory ever as a Lakerfan)
Game 4 2002 WCF vs. Sacto (Horry)
Game 2 2000 WCSF vs. Phoenix (Kobe's GW)
Game 4 2000 Finals vs. Indiana (Kobe taking over in OT)
Game 5 2004 WCSF vs. San Antonio(0.4)
Game 4 2006 1st Round vs. Phoenix
Game 3 2009 WCF vs. Denver (under-appreciated win by Laker fans, imo)
Game 4 2009 NBA Finals (Dwight pulls a Nick Anderson, Fish saves the day)
Game 5 2010 WCF vs. Phoenix (Ron's redemption)
Game 3 2010 NBA Finals (D-Fish does it again)
Game 7 2010 NBA Finals (Battle: Los Angeles)

A few fav reg season games:

2000 @ Portland late in year. Both teams were 45-11. Lakers won by 3, and it propelled them to West's best record while Portland finished 14-12 after that.

2003 vs. Dallas. Down 30 at one point and 27 pts down in the 4th...Lakers comeback and extend Dallas' Staples nightmares.

2009: Both regular season games against Boston.

2010: @ Boston
2011: @ Boston

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Those WCF were battles back in the day...tbh, over our 7 WCF trips in the last 10-11 years, the Spurs have far and away been the easiest opponent.

2000 Blazers, 4-3
2001 Spurs, 4-0
2002 Kings, 4-3
2004 Timberwolves, 4-2
2008 Spurs, 4-1
2009 Nuggets, 4-2
2010 Suns, 4-2

^ I love it when brilliance manifests itself...:toast

Killakobe81
03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Except for Koolaid.....

Nope.

1. 2000-2001 vs. Blazers ... I was there Blazers melted inthe 4th ...a dynasty was born. And we snuffed out a potential Blazers one before it get started.

2. The Magic at center vs. philly 1980 I was so young I did not even understand ball. But Magic planted the seeds for this die-hard. after that i listened to the games on KLAC and went to my uncle's house to catch "prime Ticket" before we finally ponied up for cable.

3. Game 4 2000-2001 vs. pacers Kobe saved us when shaq fould out
Kobe said "I got this calm the fuck down ...and we believed"

4. The baby hook game in the 87 Finals :
Magic over Parish and Mchale and it took until 2008 for those green loving bastards to sniff a title ...

5. 2003 WCF vs. Kings ...
Vlade: "it was a lucky shot"
Horry: Lucky?! They better read a paper or something ..."

Honorable mention:

1. Game 3 of last year's Finals ...
Beating the Celts in 7 games was great but winning Game 3 was the best of the bunch. Kobe, Fisher coming up clutch once again.

2. Outlasting isiah's 3rd quarter assualt to win Game 6 in the 1988 Finals

3. 0.4 enough said ...

4. Kobe's dagger vs. the suns we had a better suns team on the ropes ...we started Luke, Smush and Kwame and Sasha played a key role though we came up empty ...that was sick.

5. Breaking the curse in 1985 great series but Game 2 was my favorite...Kareem bounced back after a horrible game 1 (The memorial day massacre)

Sportcamper
03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
2000 Game 7 vs. Blazers was epic…Phil Jackson was the Zen Man…The way he kept the team up, encouraging them to just hack away at the lead while he diagramed plays…Phil had been there before & knew the Lakers could win…No one gave the Lakers a chance against that stacked Blazers team…My entire neighborhood was cheering with every Lakers basket…

Got to put the Adelman Kings up there too…Sacramento would have won at least two NBA Championships if they had squeaked by the Lakers…Vlades tap-out to Horry was just incredible…

Killakobe81
03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
you set em up and I'll knock em down:

dOifpgQ6bO0

I was there too. i can remember the anxiety at the end of the third ...

after the Kobe/shaq lob A white dude sitting next to me hugged me and we didnt know each other! I had went with a buddy of mine and his wife and we could not get 3 seats together ...best game experience all time.

Spur_Fanatic
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
It's a known fact (it's the internet! yarr!) that most Laker fans are Bulls fans, and before that Laker fans. Proof is that the old Bulls faggot fans first appeared out of nowhere, but when Lakers threepeated the Lakers faggot population increased tenfold after it...

There is no other explanation for it. Faggots just don't dissapear. They migrate.

Killakobe81
03-22-2011, 06:09 PM
It's a known fact (it's the internet! yarr!) that most Laker fans are Bulls fans, and before that Laker fans. Proof is that the old Bulls faggot fans first appeared out of nowhere, but when Lakers threepeated the Lakers faggot population increased tenfold after it...

There is no other explanation for it. Faggots just don't dissapear. They migrate.

I was not a fan of MJ, Scottie or Phil before he came here ...I rooted with Riles and the Knicks in the 90's ... Riles was ablood brother I had no choice.

But I NEVER stopped riding with my squad ...

Watched Nick the quick, Ced Ceballos, Sedale threat, Dough Christie Sam Perkins, Vlade and elden campbell years ...

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Listen up numnuts my dislike for MJ runs deep...and it's not over basketball...I bought 1 pair of fucking MJ's my entire life even though I could afford a million pair...the black and white patent leather MJ's...that was it...because I was so fucking fly with them on...

MJ is a sell-out uncle tom if I've ever seen one....didn't care that people were getting jacked and killed over his shoes...he's no ambassador...he's just like Tiger...both them niggas should have met with Jim Brown maybe then they wouldn't have played their careers on their knees so to speak...:toast

TheMACHINE
03-22-2011, 06:18 PM
You peep her out and I'll close the deal:

I'm sorry for all this shit tlong..:lol

fxOG678BA5Q

Sir,

Can you also find the Kobe shot over the Kobe Stopper that tied that game up in regulation?

thanks much.

Sorry Tlong.

cesare borgia
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Kobe 45 points over the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals in 2001.

Killakobe81
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
how about the putback against the spurs at the alamodome in the playoffs in (2001?)

What about the dunks or highlights vs. Sacto by kobe in 2001 as well?

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Sir,

Can you also find the Kobe shot over the Kobe Stopper that tied that game up in regulation?

thanks much.

Sorry Tlong.

you talking about this shit..I think I posted this already...if this not it let me know...

_P47mXVAVdU

John Basedow
03-22-2011, 06:26 PM
tbh that 2001 WCF was a snoozer. Never in the history of the game has a playoff series been so lopsided.

Spur_Fanatic
Listen up numnuts my dislike for MJ runs deep...and it's not over basketball...I bought 1 pair of fucking MJ's my entire life even though I could afford a million pair...the black and white patent leather MJ's...that was it...because I was so fucking fly with them on...

MJ is a sell-out uncle tom if I've ever seen one....didn't care that people were getting jacked and killed over his shoes...he's no ambassador...he's just like Tiger...both them niggas should have met with Jim Brown maybe then they wouldn't have played their careers on their knees so to speak...:toast

:nope

You are to young to even have a say here, kiddo. Stop pretending to be black, but if you still at it, post some Tupac videos, some X quotes here and there, and some more stereotypical bullshit, someone may still buy it.

John Basedow
post the comeback against Dallas in 03

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey Muthafuckers I can't keep up with all these fucking highlights..lol .but here's a good one...lol

jyfR2pDOt3k

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 06:34 PM
post the comeback against Dallas in 03

coming right up....:lol

Cyb1MNb2GrQ

21_Blessings
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Nick the Quick's game winner in the 95 conference semis against the Spurs. Kobe to Shaq lob close number 2. Nicky's shot for the nostalgia though.

Giuseppe
03-22-2011, 08:33 PM
The Sunday afternoon breakthru in Boston, June 9th 1985. After the catastrophic events of a year earlier, Magic Johnson had commenced a 100-game grailed quest that ended in Massachusetts that day. It was a rainy Sunday afternoon in Cleveland. I had cried harder a year earlier in '84. There were no tears left at victory, just an abiding deep hatred for the Celtics.

Rambis going right to left across the parquet, McHale draped across him mid 4th quarter and Earl Strom whistling McHale for his 6th foul. It was the end.

To watch Stockton & Heinsohn & CBS have to stand there and take it was near surreal. They were ashen faced, absolutely incensed.

ElNono
03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
I bought 1 pair of fucking MJ's my entire life

With what money, welcher?

Giuseppe
03-22-2011, 08:43 PM
I love my Luva, but, Kool has been hitting on all cylinders the last month or so. This thread, during this reign of Kool, is his finest hour.

You done good, Kool.

Kool Aid Man

Venti Quattro
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Game 7, 2000 WCF
Game 7, 2010 Finals

LkrFan
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Great thread big hommie. For me? Watching Kobe rang in 2010:

5 rings distinguishes him from Shaq and TD - two bonafide HOFers
He rang against Boston - the most hated franchise in Laker history - who featured 3 HOFers
He won back to back without a HOF* teammate
*Subject to change - Pau will get strong consideration if we rang again - and he is a major reason why.

:toast

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
I love my Luva, but, Kool has been hitting on all cylinders the last month or so. This thread, during this reign of Kool, is his finest hour.

You done good, Kool.

Kool Aid Man

:lol don't forget Luva's been paying for my ammunition....:lol

but don't tell these fuckers our little secret....:lol

Kori Ellis
03-22-2011, 09:31 PM

I was at that game too. I think it was was the loudest arena that I have been in, except maybe Spurs vs Pistons Game 7 and Spurs vs Nets Game 6.

Giuseppe
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Great thread big hommie. For me? Watching Kobe rang in 2010:

5 rings distinguishes him from Shaq and TD - two bonafide HOFers
He rang against Boston - the most hated franchise in Laker history - who featured 3 HOFers
He won back to back without a HOF* teammate
*Subject to change - Pau will get strong consideration if we rang again - and he is a major reason why.

And it was what Kobe actually predicted. Maybe not in so many words, but, his intent was plain & evident. I couldn't bare to look sometimes as he intimated these demands, these predictions. I just thought he was pissin' up a rope, that they'd never come to fruition, not so much for me, and "us", but, more importantly for him. I felt the agony thru him.

They were unbearable times. Such collosal failures with Phoenix. Like Magic though, Bryant never broke. He never lost faith in himself and his goals.

{{{5 rings distinguishes him from Shaq and TD - two bonafide HOFers}}}

^That, that is his finest achievement.

Koolaid_Man
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I was at that game too. I think it was was the loudest arena that I have been in, except maybe Spurs vs Pistons Game 7 and Spurs vs Nets Game 6.

You always gotta trump a good Laker experience with a Spur one...it's sickening...:lol

LkrFan
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
And it was what Kobe actually predicted. Maybe not in so many words, but, his intent was plain & evident. I couldn't bare to look sometimes as he intimated these demands, these predictions. I just thought he was pissin' up a rope, that they'd never come to fruition, not so much for me, and "us", but, more importantly for him. I felt the agony thru him.

They were unbearable times. Such collosal failures with Phoenix. Like Magic though, Bryant never broke. He never lost faith in himself and his goals.

{{{5 rings distinguishes him from Shaq and TD - two bonafide HOFers}}}

^That, that is his finest achievement.
Well put - you have a way with words. Props. :tu

Budkin
03-22-2011, 11:11 PM
true dat...but how could I forget the Shot Heard Round The World...this has to be top 2 in all Sports History....:lol

you give me the ball and I'll throw a strike....

XoCwN3AxTXY

:bang Still gives me nightmares... even worse that the clock operator fucked up. Pure pain.

VBM
03-22-2011, 11:23 PM

Memorial Day Miracle in the Alamodome can't be topped soundwise (even with the empty half of the stadium...it was deafening.

on topic with the thread though, gotta say 2006 Game 4 of the Suns - Lakers series. I was rooting for LA against Phoenix...thought they'd be an easier out (although it didn't matter with Dallas knocking out SA). Kobe got his Jordan/Tiger fist pump on in epic fashion...

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Growing up in the 60's as a fan of the West, it was very pleasurable to finally see a western team win in 1971. So the Milwaukee dismantling of the Baltimore Bullets (Now Washington Wizards) still stands out. Aside from the Lakers, the Golden State 4-0 upset and rout of those same Bullets in 1975 was awesome.

For the Lakers:

1972 finals win vs. the Knicks.
1980 Magic's signature 42 point game 6 vs. the Sixers.
1985 Finals Game 6 win in Boston.
1987 Finals Game 4 Magic's junior sky hook.
2010 Finals game 7 win over Boston.

All the other western wins were nice, but those are top of my list.

ezau
03-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Did you pay DPG the $500 that you promised to pay him after you lost the bet?

ambchang
03-23-2011, 09:32 AM
your avatar is offensive....:lol but anyway....Kobe single-handedly prevented us from getting swept...the only reason we lost to Detriot is because we was cursed by Karl Malone's presence...the dude impregnated a 13 yr old girl when he was I think 24 and kept it secret until his love child made it to the NFL recently...His bad Karma single handedly prevented us from winning the title so I can live with that one...:toast It was the Pedo's fault tbh....

First time I have heard my avatar being offensive. It's a beautiful gorilla, what's wrong with it?

In all seriousness, 2004 is the first year Kobe took over the Lakers, and the results weren't that good. Game 2 was the only game Kobe shot over 37% from the field in that entire series, and the Lakers won.

Shaq was still a force, all that crap about him being smoothered by the Wallace brothers were unfounded, the dude was shooting over 50% every game and putting up overall general monster numbers. The Wallace boys made passes to Shaq more difficult, but once Shaq got the ball, there was still nobody who could slow him down.

Jackson got royally outcoached in that series.

Riddler
03-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Most exhilirating Laker win should be the day Kobe paid off that white girl

lefty
03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Nope.

1. 2000-2001 vs. Blazers ... I was there Blazers melted inthe 4th ...a dynasty was born. And we snuffed out a potential Blazers one before it get started.

2. The Magic at center vs. philly 1980 I was so young I did not even understand ball. But Magic planted the seeds for this die-hard. after that i listened to the games on KLAC and went to my uncle's house to catch "prime Ticket" before we finally ponied up for cable.

3. Game 4 2000-2001 vs. pacers Kobe saved us when shaq fould out
Kobe said "I got this calm the fuck down ...and we believed"

4. The baby hook game in the 87 Finals :
Magic over Parish and Mchale and it took until 2008 for those green loving bastards to sniff a title ...

5. 2003 WCF vs. Kings ...
Vlade: "it was a lucky shot"
Horry: Lucky?! They better read a paper or something ..."

Honorable mention:

1. Game 2 of last year's Finals ...
Beating the Celts in 7 games was great but winning Game 3 was the best of the bunch. Kobe, Fisher coming up clutch once again.

2. Outlasting isiah's 3rd quarter assualt to win Game 6 in the 1988 Finals

3. 0.4 enough said ...

4. Kobe's dagger vs. the suns we had a better suns team on the ropes ...we started Luke, Smush and Kwame and Sasha played a key role though we came up empty that was sick.

5. Breaking the curse in 1985 great series but Game 2 was my favorite...Kareem bounced back after a horrible game 1 (memorial day massacre)

Not you of course :p:

Venti Quattro
03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Most exhilirating Laker win should be the day Kobe paid off that white girl

Lefty-esque :lmao :rollin :lmao :lol :lmao :rollin

Giuseppe
03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Without that win, Rid is right:::it'd still be:::

Duncan: 4

Kobe: 3

Maybe even worse!....Like:::

Duncan: 7

Jordan: 6

That'd fetch ya around, eh?

tee, hee.

Sportcamper
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Triple-overtime?
Highest score in the NBA this season?
If you don't love the Lakers, you don't like NBA basketball!
Grant Napear…

Giuseppe
03-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Just thank heavens we won last night. Otherwise, this place would be uninhabitable.

The tension is starting to build so early this season. If it continues at this degree Kori will have to provide some kind of release.

Sportcamper
03-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Kobe…Phil…Fisher…Artest…Odom…Gasol…Baby Drew…It is always about the Lakers…

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIB2S2oAQZrL9PFeZp2J5hSV72DZjUa NyIpPFwMAqW0JeYXtDqIg

CavsSuperFan
03-23-2011, 12:47 PM
My most exhilarating Lakers moment is when the Cavs & Lakers played on Christmas…It did not matter if the Cavaliers won or lost…It is just that for a brief moment in time Cleveland mattered…

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
This one was the biggest. We went in those fucker house and sucked the life out of the Garden. Magic earned his statue on that night. Don't underestimate Mayor Fish burying those green bastards in game three last year as well. Fish grabs the board... rushes to beat the 8 second clock, KG took the wrong angle but Fish was moving too fast. The word "shit" came out of his mouth when he realized Fish had turned the corner on him and he had no help. Under normal circumstances Fish misses that layup, but not tonight. He was golden, and LO's grin offset Big Big Baby's frown to cap the night off. Sleep wasn't worthy of me that night... I still watch that game.

F-oxLbAVYaY

Jt.ONE
03-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Same guy from SpursReport.com, banned after saying "F*ck PETA"

Giuseppe
03-23-2011, 03:34 PM
F-oxLbAVYaY

Grand lodgment, Deads.

A nerve racking experience no matter how many times you experience it.

The free flow candor of Fisher at the end Vs. the stilted calculations of Bryant. The absence of fear in both men is magnificent. The mind set exists.

DeadlyDynasty
03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
It was a weird finals b/c neither team's main players had what you would consider a "great" series...just a grind it out 7-gamer with key bench and role-player contributions from both sides. Ron Artest was a beast in this series though, so no matter how much he's frustrating to watch from here on out, I can live with it. He earned his stripes in the 2010 Playoffs.

TheManFromAcme
03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
aZek0FxGWRA&playnext=1&list=PL838DABEBC7E74550

This game right here. I was a young un still and had already loved the Lakers but this is the game that started my man-crush on Earv and all things Lakers.

This was Magic's coming out party. He had a fantastic regular season but this game, this player, this moment ignited one to the most memorable decades of Laker history.

Those were literally "magical" times to be a Laker fan. I'll take that decade over the early 2000's three-peat any day.

Killakobe81
03-24-2011, 06:02 PM
aZek0FxGWRA&playnext=1&list=PL838DABEBC7E74550

This game right here. I was a young un still and had already loved the Lakers but this is the game that started my man-crush on Earv and all things Lakers.

This was Magic's coming out party. He had a fantastic regular season but this game, this player, this moment ignited one to the most memorable decades of Laker history.

Those were literally "magical" times to be a Laker fan. I'll take that decade over the early 2000's three-peat any day.

Amen brother, well said.
I chose my avvy out of spite (so much kobe hatin') but if i had it to do over Magic would be featured prominently .... he is my all-time favorite Laker. and although kobe has narrowed the gap some ...doubt he can surpass the Magic man.

Koolaid_Man
03-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Amen brother, well said.
I chose my avvy out of spite (so much kobe hatin') but if i had it to do over Magic would be featured prominently .... he is my all-time favorite Laker. and although kobe has narrowed the gap some ...doubt he can surpass the Magic man.

Kobe is Magic's equal as of today...but come June Magic will be looking up at Kobe...remember Magic said that we judge greatness by titles won...

MB_sI2WS41s 1OSjwTU91P0

TheManFromAcme
03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Kobe is Magic's equal as of today...but come June Magic will be looking up at Kobe...remember Magic said that we judge greatness by titles won...

MB_sI2WS41s 1OSjwTU91P0

Point made and respected. Kobe = Buck right now but for me, it will always be Magic regardless if bean gets more (which I don't mind :D) than Buck.

Earv was, is and will always be my boy. :tu

Ashy Larry
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Probably Bob Horry's three because the Lakers didn't wanna go back to Sacramento down 3-1.

Magic's baby hook over McHale and Parish was huge in '87

Magic's game six versus the Sixers in 1980

Game seven versus the Blazers in 2000. They were dead and that 4th quarter with the lob was beautiful.........

Winning in the Boston Garden in 1985 was beautiful as well .......

Giuseppe
03-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Amen brother, well said.

& the kicker? This game wasn't even shown live to the rest of the country. It was on tape delay. :rolleyes

Koolaid_Man
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
But I will say this fellas...if the Kobester ties MJ on his court in Chi-town and does it in dramatic fashion then we're just gonna have to throw the whole fucking deck of cards in the air and start the game over...

Bito Corleone
03-24-2011, 08:17 PM
So Kool...your "Most Exhilarating Laker Win of All-Time" is in a game that happened in the last five years, and was in a series which the Lakers eventually lost? Just wanted to double check. You know, to make sure your not some bandwagon douchebag or anything of the sort.

Riddler
03-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Lol Kool putting Kobe past Magic. Teen hormones will do that to you

LkrFan
03-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Point made and respected. Kobe = Buck right now but for me, it will always be Magic regardless if bean gets more (which I don't mind :D) than Buck.

Earv was, is and will always be my boy. :tu

I hear ya. Magic was my childhood hero too and I will always hold him in high regards. But if Kobe rangs this year, let's say it's against Boston, then Kobe > Magic:

Rangs: Kobe (6) v. Magic (5)
Finals appearances Magic (9) v. Kobe's (8) but...
Finals WINS v. Boston - Kobe (2) v. Magic (1)
As many Hall of Famers and great role players that have donned the P&G, none can say they beat the Celtics 2 times in the Finals. That puts Kobe as the top Laker of all time. Undisputed in my book.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2011, 11:02 PM
:lol True, beating the Cs means everything..best rivalry in sports, I hate those guys:lol..we're close to finally beating their ring total though, even though most of their titles came in a bad era of basketball:lol..

Ghazi
03-24-2011, 11:15 PM

Venti Quattro
03-24-2011, 11:20 PM
:lol True, beating the Cs means everything..best rivalry in sports, I hate those guys:lol..we're close to finally beating their ring total though, even though most of their titles came in a bad era of basketball:lol..
:lmao :lmao :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 12:48 PM

Brah you should consider me your financial advisor...Merrill Lynch ain't got shit on me:lol

TheManFromAcme
03-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I hear ya. Magic was my childhood hero too and I will always hold him in high regards. But if Kobe rangs this year, let's say it's against Boston, then Kobe > Magic:

As many Hall of Famers and great role players that have donned the P&G, none can say they beat the Celtics 2 times in the Finals. That puts Kobe as the top Laker of all time. Undisputed in my book.

Venti Quattro
03-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Brah you should consider me your financial advisor...Merrill Lynch ain't got shit on me:lol

lol bailed out by bac

lol losing money

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
lol bailed out by bac

lol losing money

+450.00 for the week...would've been 550 had my bookie picked up the phone for the LAL-POR game.

Best week (NBA-wise) since the 2nd or 3rd week of the NBA season when I won 6 bills betting on the Hornets (-9) over the Clips.

I'm thinking about quitting my PT ER job if this shit keeps up:lol

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 01:15 PM

wtf?

TheManFromAcme
03-25-2011, 01:24 PM
wtf?

your right......

Magic beat the celts twice.....that totally slipped my mind. :bang

LkrFan
03-25-2011, 04:51 PM
wtf?
I remembered '87 but forgot about '85. Good catch DD.

Damn :bang

midnightpulp
03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I remembered '87 but forgot about '85. Good catch DD.

Damn :bang

Bandwagoners tend to forget basic facts about their favorite team.

LkrFan
03-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Nope, negative. The Lakers just won so many fucking titles that it is hard to keep up with them all. :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-25-2011, 05:21 PM

stay tha fuck outta my thread Pedo who dreams he's gasping....:lol

TheManFromAcme
03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Nope, negative. The Lakers just won so many fucking titles that it is hard to keep up with them all. :lol

:tu

LakasRool4eva
03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
well I didn't want to post this but Boston has gotten the raw end of the deal pretty often as well:

KuSpY4Rfrm8

this is the best 1 of all times...........................................ho nestly i still get chill bumps evertime i watch it again..........................................

Koolaid_Man
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
this is the best 1 of all times...........................................ho nestly i still get chill bumps evertime i watch it again..........................................

me too...I get goose bumps....:lol

LkrFan
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM

KuSpY4Rfrm8
Great post my nigga. Fast forward to like 1:50 mark. You can see a paying customer marveling at how easy Kobe is busting the Celtics ass. Who is that customer you ask? None other than D-Whistle! :lol

dunkman
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
There have been various, but none compares in exhilaration with the game 6 Spurs @ Lakers in 2003. 2 super stars vs only 1, the Lakers with unbeatable aura, great atmosphere at the Forum . . .

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 06:33 PM
There have been various, but none compares in exhilaration with the game 6 Spurs @ Lakers in 2003. 2 super stars vs only 1, the Lakers with unbeatable aura, great atmosphere at the Forum . . .

It's your favorite memory, yet you can't even remember where the game was played...

LkrFan
03-25-2011, 06:37 PM

It's your favorite memory, yet you can't even remember where the game was played...

midnightpulp
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Someone who forgets a series as historic as the '85 Finals in which his favorite team played in has no room to laugh.

After all, that's when the Lakers were able to finally remove that green cock from their collective ass and stand on their own two feet.