PDA

View Full Version : US Approaching Insolvency, Fix To Be 'Painful': Fisher

Marcus Bryant
03-22-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/42209447

Spurminator
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I wonder who it will be most painful for...

ElNono
03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
I doubt it's going to be for the top 1%...

coyotes_geek
03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I wonder who it will be most painful for...

The elderly and the poor. Along with defense, entitlements are the overwhelming majority of the budget. And we're not cutting defense, because, well, we're just not.

Of course our politicians are going to ensure that the process is as painful as possible by opposing entitlement reforms and letting people believe that they can count on those programs being there in an attempt to save their own skins.

boutons_deux
03-22-2011, 10:48 PM
This is CNBC, VRWC tool, just keeping defict paranoia scare-mongering going.

There is no question of insolvency or sovereign debt default. The country isn't broke. That's just VRWC lying to explain to/prepare the people that the incredible pain and poverty the VRWC is gonna lay on them is perfectly unavoidable.

and yes, the pain will not be shared. The wealthy escape. From them on down, the poorer you are, the more painful it will be.

The VRWC is so golden, while the non-VRWC is so fucked.

coyotes_geek
03-22-2011, 11:01 PM
you're right boutons. worrying about debt is nothing but paranoia. just look how great things are going in greece, portugal and ireland.

coyotes_geek
03-22-2011, 11:10 PM
no need to worry about inflation either. it has nothing to do with the fed monetizing our debt. it just means you're paranoid.

Marcus Bryant
03-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't forget to check under your bed for the VRWC before you go to sleep tonight, croutons.

Marcus Bryant
03-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Obviously the evil conspirators would want to scare the populace into demanding higher taxes and reduced federal expenditures. At least in the conspiracy theory that appears shrouded in crack smoke.