PDA

View Full Version : Manu article

TMTTRIO
06-03-2005, 01:03 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/EdicionImpresa/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=709592

I got this translation from someone on another forum but here it is:

I'm happy, but not yet satisifed
Manu Ginobili for La Nacion

SAN ANTONIO - I almost couldn't sleep. Between the excitement of closing such a tough series against Phoenix and getting to the Finals, plus the aches of the hits I've taken, I only went to sleep at 5 in the morning, and by 8 I was awake again, so I'm really worn out.
When the game finished, we went to the Arena's reception area to receive the Western Conference Champions trophy and, after taking a shower and talking to the media, we headed to the airport, hopped into the plane and arrived at San Antonio at 2.20 in the morning. It was incredible: At
that time, in this city, and on a work day, there was 1500 people waiting for us.

We're all pretty tired because the opposing team was tougher and dangerous than the 4-1 result might indicate. The truth is we had to be really focused on defense, we couldn't even blink because they run and score very quickly. I think after the defeat in the 4th game we reacted; that always happens to us after coming from a winning streak. I believe it can happen to anybody.
This time we had 5 wins in a row and we fell in the 4th game against Phoenix. Before losing the 3rd against Seattle, we had 6 wins in a row.

About the refs in the last game, I think that besides that we didn't like some calls, we were really wired, and very sensible to what they were calling. That's why, at halftime, we talked about it and tried to calm down and forget about the calls. I don't know if I get less calls now because there was word going around that I flopped; truth is that in this series against Phoenix I wasn't hit as much as the others with Denver and Seattle.

These seven days of rest (finals start next thursday) will be very welcome to rest, re-energize and prepare the final games. I started today -yesterday- with a special threatment because I got hit in the left quadriceps, and it bothers me, altought I don't think it will limit me for whats to come. I always get hit on the same place. It happened to me in Italy, so it must be because of the way I penetrate.

Who do I prefer in the finals? Miami... Have a day free and walk around in Miami is no doubt much better than being in Detroit... In the game aspect, they're very similar, but quite different from our previous opponents in the west playoffs because they have a much stronger defensive mentality and they're not as aggresive on offense. They don't run that much, take care of the ball and I don't think we'll see many 100 or 110 games, they will be about 80, more or less, and very grinding. Now, if Shaquille O'Neal is not at his best, there's no doubt Miami is a better rival, but it's still unknown in which shape he might get to the finals in.

It's obvious that im real happy to be able to play another finals, but I'm not quite satisfied yet. We want the championship. Nobody remembers the 2nd place team. And, honestly, I already start to feel the desire to play, that adrenaline that motivates :elephant . On the Spurs there are players that have been competing for years and never got to the finals, like Brent Barry (10 seasons), Tony Massenburg (12 seasons) and Glenn Robinson (11 seasons), so the expectation of getting the ring are very high. It's what we looked for from the beggining of the season and we want to get there. I feel this year we have a more complete and confident team, with more depth, that doesn't rely as much on a single player, and we can win it all. :elephant

I guess Manu has heard all the talk on his so called flopping :lol

nkdlunch
06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I think a better translation is:
"I don't know if they're calling less fouls on me because it's been said that I was exagerating them."