PDA

View Full Version : Jordan vs LeBron

Venti Quattro
03-23-2011, 12:04 PM
If you just wanted to destroy teams, which would you pick? Prime MJ or prime LBJ?

ChrisRichards
03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Lebron>Jordan in every aspect of the game except the mental part. Jordan could walk the walk and talk the talk.

Venti Quattro
03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
You serious with that? How about the midrange game? You think LeBron is better than MJ in that aspect?

Greg Oden
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
lol, Lebron isn't a better shooter or defender than Jordan. Chris Richards, you suck.

Zelophehad
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
lol, Lebron isn't a better shooter or defender than Jordan.

Jordan also looked better than the guys at my rec center when he had the ball in the post.

Pelicans78
03-23-2011, 12:19 PM
If you just wanted to destroy teams, which would you pick? Prime MJ or prime LBJ?

MJ>Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron

Muser
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Lebron>Jordan in every aspect of the game except the mental part. Jordan could walk the walk and talk the talk.

:lmao

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
MJ gets the nod as GOAT, but has competition from one dominant player, Wilt Chamberlain. LeBron is probably more dominant than Jordan, and it's arguable comparing him with Wilt because they play different positions. Both Wilt and LeBron could go off at will, problem is they didn't have the teammates to win often, Wilt 2 rings, LeBron, none as of now.

On the contrary side, it was hard to shut Jordan down in big series. Who really could? Wilt was unstoppable as well, offensively and defensively. Only Kareem could light him up, but that was when Kareem was a 2-3 year vet and Chamberlain was mid 30's and fading. Sometimes LeBron gets held back in big games.

That said, in similar fashion to the "Who do you want taking your last shot?" questions, if you need domination in one game, LaBron is going to get chosen, a lot.

Edit: by saying LeBron is probably more dominant than Jordan, I meant in a given game, LeBron can do more than Jordan could. Too early to compare them, give it a few years and we will see it more than we see Kobe vs. Jordan.

ChrisRichards
03-23-2011, 12:22 PM
You serious with that? How about the midrange game? You think LeBron is better than MJ in that aspect?
Lebron is a better mid range shooter than Jordan was when MJ was younger. Now 1st comeback MJ however was a different beast.

Bito Corleone
Jordan knew he was the best but still wanted to prove it every night while demoralizing people. He also wanted to give a big "fuck you" to anyone who thought they could take the night off.

LeBron thinks he's the best without ever earning a damn thing. He wants people to take the night off and hand everything over to him so he can say "look at my stats!"

Venti Quattro
In fairness LeBron is unstoppable too. He quits anyway so you don't need to stop him.

Muser
03-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Lebron is a better mid range shooter than Jordan was when MJ was younger. Now 1st comeback MJ however was a different beast.

ChrisRichards
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
lol, Lebron isn't a better shooter or defender than Jordan. Chris Richards, you suck.

Jordan is not a better defender than Lebron. Jordan's defense is overrated. He's like Kobe. They both had a few excellent defensive seasons and lived by reputation after that.

Jordan could never defend like the best of them with so much offensive load to carry. How old are you? 18?

Pippen was the best perimeter defender the Bulls had.

Bito Corleone
03-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Jordan is not a better defender than Lebron..What kind of mental deficiencies are you working with?

Pelicans78
03-23-2011, 12:28 PM

That's crazy. Jordan had a mid-ranger jumper and a potent 3-point shot before his 1st retirement. He also developed a turnaround jumper by then. He didn't have to use it as much as he did in his 2nd stint with the Bulls, but he had those skills.

ChrisRichards
03-23-2011, 12:30 PM
These young kids need to stop living in the past. Jordan was a great player but Lebron would destroy him if he plays in todays game. Consider his nemesis in the past Starks, Steve Smith, Jeff Hornacek, Dan Majerle, Dumars, Clyde Drexler, Gerald WIlkins and Craig Ehlo etc. Come on.

ChrisRichards
03-23-2011, 12:34 PM
That's crazy. Jordan had a mid-ranger jumper and a potent 3-point shot before his 1st retirement. He also developed a turnaround jumper by then. He didn't have to use it as much as he did in his 2nd stint with the Bulls, but he had those skills.
Jordan and Lebron's statitical numbers from midrange and 3FG are nearly the same during their first few seasons. Guys I have hundreds of Bulls tape from the 90's. I was a huge Jordan fan and still is. I don't even like Lebron that much, but Lebron is a better player than Jordan.

Again, Jordan's biggest advantage is his attitude. Its unfortunate because Lebron has all the tools to be the GOAT but he just doesn't have what it takes to lead a team, mentally.

Spur_Fanatic
03-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Not even Kobe at his best was even close to a prime Jordan. So there is no chance, whatsoever, that Lebron is even close to a 1/10th fraction of MJ. Universes apart.

hater
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Lebron vs. Jordan, which one would pay for a lost bet?

lefty
03-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry, what

Kyle Orton
03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Jordan also looked better than the guys at my rec center when he had the ball in the post.

This. I'm pretty sure MJ had better footwork in the post/in general than most high school players. Plus, MJ wasn't completely useless playing off ball like Lebron is.

03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
a prime shaq was pretty much unstoppable as well, with the exception of the hack a shaq.

TheMACHINE
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
waiting for the Jordan > Lebron in every aspect of the game then says Lebron > Kobe in every aspect of the game posts.