PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather seeking $100 million for fight?

TheMACHINE
03-23-2011, 03:15 PM
What a douche.

-----------------------------

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/6250169/mayweather-seeking-100-million-fight

Mayweather seeking $100 million for fight?
March, 23, 2011Mar 2311:51AM ETEmail Print Comments243 While pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao trains in the Philippines for his May 7 Showtime PPV fight against Shane Mosley, Floyd Mayweather Jr. is always part of the conversation.

Pacquiao-Mayweather is the fight that sports fans around the world would love to see, and it has been that way for a couple of years now.

As we all know, there have been at least two rounds of failed negotiations. During the first one, it was a disagreement over drug testing protocol that killed the fight. The Mayweather camp has refused to even acknowledge the second round of talks, even though Top Rank's Bob Arum (Pacquiao's promoter), backed up by HBO's Ross Greenburg -- who still had Pacquiao before losing him to Showtime -- says that they took place.

In any event, it seems there may have been a third round of talks that were kept private while they were going on. At least, that is if you believe Arum, which isn't always easy to do.

Arum, visiting Pacquiao's training camp in Baguio City this week, told Filipino reporters that there had been a more recent "private negotiation" for the fight.

What held it up, Arum said, was Mayweather's financial demands. The fighter's self-proclaimed nickname is, after all, "Money."

"We went through negotiations with Mayweather, nobody really knew about it," Arum was quoted as saying during his session with the reporters. "Some group came in and they wanted to put [the fight] on in a particular country [widely believed to be South Africa], and Mayweather asked for a number that was so high, it indicated that he didn't want to fight.

"Take a guess at the number that he asked for, for himself? One-hundred. That's right, $100 million. ... Who's going to pay him $100 million? I mean, unless Manny Pacquiao fights for nothing, how can you do the fight? [Mayweather] can't say no, he doesn't want the fight, so you price yourself out."

If what Arum says is true -- or even close to true -- it's hard to argue against Arum's point that it was Mayweather's way of saying he simply does not want the fight.

The adage in boxing is that there are two ways to get out of a fight: say no or just price yourself out of it.

Obviously, Pacquiao-Mayweather would be a gargantuan financial windfall for everyone involved. I'm not alone in the belief that, if it ever happens, it will shatter every revenue record in boxing history. I have always believed it would be the first fight to do 3 million in pay-per-view buys and easily break the record set by Mayweather's 2007 fight with Oscar De La Hoya, which did more than 2.4 million.

I believe the fight also will shatter the gate record, which is nearly $18.5 million for Mayweather-De La Hoya at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The point: There's a ton of money in a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. But enough to pay one guy $100 million? No way.

If each side takes 50 percent of the revenue -- and remember, the promoters also need to make money and have every right to do so -- each fighter could be in line for perhaps a $50 million payday. Maybe even more if the fight went into the stratosphere. But $100 million? Still no way.

Mayweather's pie-in-the-sky request, if it's true, just says Mayweather doesn't really want the fight.

TheMACHINE
03-23-2011, 03:16 PM
ooops...wrong forum

hater
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
just finding another excuse for the fight not to happen.

VBM
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/HEALTH/03/23/sleep.deprivation.health/t1larg.woman.cereal.gi.jpg

Cereal girl agrees with Mayweather's bitchassness. She's just wants to see a fight.

WildcardManu
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
What a pussy.

Po'Boy
03-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Mayweather is just a pollo loco.

Killakobe81
03-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Disappointing. Im a "money" fan ...but hard to argue that he is not starting to look "yellow" ...

Reck
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
just finding another excuse for the fight not to happen.

This pretty much.

It'd be fun to see them fight and have Pacquiao dismantle this bitch.

LakerHater
03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
ooops...wrong forum

monosylab1k
03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Mayweather's a pussy for sure, but don't act like Manny didn't puss out either. His "I don't want to give blood cuz of the ooga booga spirits cursing me!" excuse was bullshit.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Take it from Jay Rock lil nigglets," Money on Mayweather"
Nobody can fuck with this nigga

TheMACHINE
03-23-2011, 04:35 PM
They should just say "yes" to his demand to see what other lame ass excuse Mayweather comes up with.

VBM
03-23-2011, 04:37 PM
They should just say "yes" to his demand to see what other lame ass excuse Mayweather comes up with.

He won't come up with one...anybody would take an asswhoopin' for 100 mil

TheMACHINE
03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
He won't come up with one...anybody would take an asswhoopin' for 100 mil

but 50 million isnt enough right? lol

navyfrogman
03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
He's just another roy jones jr. This black fucktard is a joke. Hey chickenweather, just keep going down the path you're on and your dumb ass will end up in prison, like your daddy and your fuckbag uncle. you can take the nigga out of da hood, but you can't take da hood out of da nigga. he's a total waste of talent. Gayweather has realized that he's really gonna have to fight pacman and i truely think it scares his coward ass to death. this fight isn't going to be a fixed fight like it was with mosely. A loud mouth black fighter. that's it.

Sisk
03-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Cereal girl agrees with Mayweather's bitchassness. She's just wants to see a fight.

Wow who is that girl?

Mayweather is so afraid of manny it's laughable.

VBM
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow who is that girl?

Dunno...pic was on CNN though, which is hilarious in itself

Hooks
03-23-2011, 05:22 PM
He's just another roy jones jr. This black fucktard is a joke. Hey chickenweather, just keep going down the path you're on and your dumb ass will end up in prison, like your daddy and your fuckbag uncle. you can take the nigga out of da hood, but you can't take da hood out of da nigga. he's a total waste of talent. Gayweather has realized that he's really gonna have to fight pacman and i truely think it scares his coward ass to death. this fight isn't going to be a fixed fight like it was with mosely. A loud mouth black fighter. that's it.

Son, you must not know much about the sport of boxing if you think RJJ is overrated. He's easily a top 10 fighter of all time, there isn't a single fighter from 154-175 that would be able to defeat a prime RJJ.

HarlemHeat37
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM
:lol Pacquiao
:lol HGH
:lol cheater
:lol fucking ugly

Sportcamper
03-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Isn't Mayweather a bit past it? This could be his last fight...Why not ask for 100 mil? His kids need to eat too...

The Gemini Method
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Isn't Mayweather a bit past it? This could be his last fight...Why not ask for 100 mil? His kids need to eat too...

Or for his legal funds keeping his women-beating ass out of the prison system.

JayTheClown
03-23-2011, 06:19 PM

I'm going to assume your a troll so I'm not going to comment on the first part of your ignorant ass rant. Mayweather is being pussy, that part of your dumb ass opinion is true. But when push comes to shove Mayweather would wipe the floor of Pacquiao. Why he is running from him? I don't know, maybe he thinks there is a slim chance Pacquiao can catch him on a bad night and dent his legacy? If that's the case then that's a pussy thing to do. But don't get it twisted you put Mayweather in his prime against Pacquiao in his prime Mayweather would beat him maybe 8 times out 10.

TheNextGen
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
PBF would wipe the floor with that rice patty.

I'm going to assume your a troll so I'm not going to comment on the first part of your ignorant ass rant. Mayweather is being pussy, that part of your dumb ass opinion is true. But when push comes to shove Mayweather would wipe the floor of Pacquiao. Why he is running from him? I don't know, maybe he thinks there is a slim chance Pacquiao can catch him on a bad night and dent his legacy? If that's the case then that's a pussy thing to do. But don't get it twisted you put Mayweather in his prime against Pacquiao in his prime Mayweather would beat him maybe 8 times out 10.

"wipe the floor"

When has Mayweather recently "wiped the floor" against anyone? LOL.

LOL @ his fans thinking he could win when mayweather himself is scared to fight.

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Money May My Man....Like I said before people wanna root for the Asian guy because he's the closet thing to White they'll get....Fuck Bob Arum and Paquia...or whatever the fuck his name is....I'd beat the shit outta Pac Man's lil buck 125 ass....

navyfrogman
03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
hey son! roy jones was a waist of talent. he just like fagweather, refused to ever fight anyone who might have of given him any kind of a fight. but we'll never know now will we, he just like fagweather would make excuse after excuse not to fight other fighters, he would say that there wasn't enough money involved or someone was always srewing him over. last but not least, piece of shit pussyweather. who is he to be accusing anyone else of using steriods, who's to say bitchweather isn't using roids " since he's so good."
It's really easy to look real good in the ring when you're fighting a bunch of has beens and never were's. jack johnson, ali, holyfield, joe louis, marvin hagler the list goes on, these were great black fighters. they went into the ring with killer instinct, to destroy their enemy. they didn't go in there to play games with their opponents. simply put, THEY HAD HEART AND GUTS, THEY ALSO BACKED IT UP. maggotweather don't. give it time, and he'll go beat his baby mama again and threaten to harm his children. what a big man.

Greg Oden
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
>roy jones jr.
>overrated

also,

>the state boxing is in and has been for a while

Cry Havoc
03-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Pacquiao would beat Floyd. It would be a good fight, but Manny would control most of the battle. Unless Floyd gets very lucky with a punch, Manny takes him out in 10.

Darth_Pelican
03-23-2011, 09:25 PM
This fight will happen about 6 years from now when both guys are over the hill and come out of retirement just for a big payday. Boxing promoters ruined boxing a long time ago.

ezau
03-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Money May My Man....Like I said before people wanna root for the Asian guy because he's the closet thing to White they'll get....Fuck Bob Arum and Paquia...or whatever the fuck his name is....I'd beat the shit outta Pac Man's lil buck 125 ass....

Will you fight Pac for $500?

Killakobe81
03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
of course you are, you're a fan of the flashiest, big name, or best player/team in every sport, laker fan.
Y
Don't like yankees, duke heat manchester untied or usc

DMX7
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Hard to tell if this is just his MASSIVE EGO or if he really is running away. It really could be either.

TheGreatest23
03-24-2011, 10:40 AM
tbh, a majority of Floyd fans dont even remember why they like the guy.

Runs in the ring and runs away from the whole welterweight division.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2011, 11:23 AM

Why does Mayweather need to get paid $100 mil for an "easy fight", as he said Pacquiao would be when talking about it last year?

ChrisRichards
03-24-2011, 11:44 AM
PBF would wipe the floor with that rice patty.

:lol

mindcrime
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
"wipe the floor"

LOL @ his fans thinking he could win when mayweather himself is scared to fight.

Seriously. He couldn't even wipe the floor with old man Oscar Delahoya a few years back.

dbreiden83080
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM
the fight will never happen

Floyd has lost the will to fight..

cheguevara
03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
"wipe the floor"

when he beat his wife?

TheNextGen
03-24-2011, 03:57 PM
why am i not surprised HarlemHeat and Lakaluva like's Gayweather

TheGreatest23
03-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Seriously. He couldn't even wipe the floor with old man Oscar Delahoya a few years back.

seriously. split decision. :lol