PDA

View Full Version : mark aguirre hospitalized and in serious condition

stretch
03-23-2011, 04:03 PM
http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1058353.html

hopefully he is alright

Obstructed_View
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
From somewhere in the vicinity of Scottie Pippen's house, the sound of a cheer can be heard.

Findog
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Wishing a speedy recovery to Aguirre, the Wrath of God. That dude could ball.

Axe Murderer
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I remember he came and visited some basketball camp I was at when I was younger. Seemed like a classy guy. Never saw him play, but his stats look pretty impressive.

SenorSpur
03-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Dude was an absolute scoring machine and a beast on the block. He could score at will on ANYONE! Which is a helluva feat for a player that was 6'6". He put that ass on you and it was over. A real nice guy to boot. Hope he gets well very soon.

lefty
03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Thread title is misleading

They say he is gonna be okay

JayTheClown
03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Second greatest player in Mavs history. The fact his jersey isn't hanging in the rafters is a travesty.

Killakobe81
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Dude was an absolute scoring machine and a beast on the block. He could score at will on ANYONE! Which is a helluva feat for a player that was 6'6". He put that ass on you and it was over. A real nice guy to boot. Hope he gets well very soon.

This. A great scorer and was an amazing college player too but that was before "my time" ...but if you see the highlights he was a beast on the block at 6 ft 6 ...but a good mid range shooter too

Hope he gets some love ...before Dirk probably the best player for the Mavs franchise. (you could argue Kidd but his "prime" was spent elsewhere ...)

Him, Ro Blackmon, Tarpley, donaldson, Davis, Perkins, Detlef made old Reunion a tough place to play especially if you were on the texas triangle road trip ...

Killakobe81
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Second greatest player in Mavs history. The fact his jersey isn't hanging in the rafters is a travesty.

amen. and if they do it now that is complete bull shit ..should of been done before he got sick. Surprised Cuban didnt fix this.

Giuseppe
03-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought I remembered that as a player he had a heart murmur, or, slight heart condition.

SenorSpur
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM

It's a goddamn travesty. I figure any longtime Mavs fan would be up-in-arms about this. That organization retired the number of Brad Davis before Mark Aguirre. Brad Davis? Are you freaking kidding me?

I totally realize this oversight didn't occur on Cuban's watch. However, despite whatever terms Aguirre may have been on when he departed as a player, there's no mistaking the contributions he made as the franchise's first star. He deserves that honor bestowed upon him. And Cuban needs to do the right thing - not because the guy is sick, but because it's long overdue.

If nothing else, he could take down Davis' jersey until the time comes.:lol