PDA

View Full Version : The good news is that ALL of Duncan will be rested, not just his ankle.

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Edit: My bad about the thread title.

Anyway, with the weeks ahead, Duncan will get vacation, basically (like I think he should have two or three games ago....Realistically, the Spurs weren't going to lose this 1# seed.) Duncan's knees, mind, arms, back, shoulders........everything will be on full rest mode now. Just as importantly, he also doesn't have to travel. Not having to get on a plane or team bus again, I imagine, is a huge change of pace.

By the time the Semi-Finals come around, we'll see a quiet, even more resolved, rested, lethally dangerous giant. And he'll have been itching to return to action, too, so all that more pent-up.

Gino2882
03-23-2011, 05:37 PM
That is definitely one way of looking at the injury Duncan suffered. But, your logic here backfires immensely if Duncan is slow to heal from the ankle injury. Ideally, Duncan takes the next 2 weeks off, plays the last couple of regular season games, and is ready for the playoff run.

It does give the Spurs the opportunity to evaluate their bigs. McDyess will obviously play a key role, but between the three of Splitter, Bonner, and Blair the Spurs need to find out who they think can fill the role of defender/rebounded against the Lakers.

Obstructed_View
03-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Duncan was already rested. He was starting to get his minutes ramped up in anticipation of the playoffs. His body is about as strong as it was ever going to be. Now, in addition to his ankle, we have to worry about his wind.

Mugen
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
title screams homo-eroticism, tbh.

Lukor
03-23-2011, 06:26 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/thefragile91/GayCalled.jpg

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I guess Mugen is right. I tried to edit the thread but apparently only the interior header can be edited at this point, not the main title itself. Bummer.

Oh well.

alchemist
03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
the negative is that he won't be in game shape.

LakerHater
03-23-2011, 06:54 PM
the negative is that he won't be in game shape.
Thats what Ive been sayin, He might be too rested & come back with rust!

jimo2305
03-23-2011, 08:35 PM
it's tim duncan..

he's not gonna get fat and out of shape in 2 weeks..

Cessation
03-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Even if he isn't in full game shape, it doesn't matter against, the Gay-less grizz, or whoever the first round oppenent is. I think, spurs are good enough to beat anyone in the first even without duncan, spurs are just too stacked.