PDA

View Full Version : Loss on Pop and Refs

Rummpd
03-24-2011, 12:14 AM
69 points in first and that full lineup never sees the floor seemingly????. Meanwhile, the refs were simply pathetic - missed call on Manu, coupled by a brick layup by Blair led to a three pointer on the other end. Spurs still in it near the end but without Duncan could not overcome their coach, the refs, and some late lapses.

Congrats to Denver you got some serious home cooking and good luck go forward but the better team lost tonight.

Reck
03-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Simply, the refs kept them and gave them the win.

ALVAREZ6
loss is on manu being a douche bag airballing several 3s, including the last attempt to tie the game

what a brick

GabeIsGone
Absolutely disgusting rotations by Pop tonight. Bonner sucks and is guaranteed to choke in the playoffs, Blair is shorter than RJ, and McDyess in foul trouble.

Why would you not play the 7 footer we've been waiting years for, who's played well (esp on D, which is 'supposedly' what pop emphasizes), and who you know your gonna need in the playoffs. I just don't understand. It makes absolutely no logical sense.

Absolutely none.

Good game by the nuggets. Impressed with Ty (hes alot like parker), and the new pick-ups from NY (esp Gallo).

ducks
03-24-2011, 12:16 AM
loss on manu shot selection

Spurs Brazil
Loss is on Bonner and Blair

Greg Oden
the spurs lose, it's the refs fault.

do you have a hollinger statistic to support this claim, big boy?

Greg Oden
03-24-2011, 12:17 AM

ducks :worthy:

SequSpur
03-24-2011, 12:19 AM
refs? wtf...the spurs started chasing the momentum which was lost when harrington started going off...

Rummpd

do you have a hollinger statistic to support this claim, big boy?

did you even watch the game, it was also the coaches fault this time as well?

honestfool84

i'd rather Manu shoot at the end of the game than Parker.

screw off ducks.

spurs1990
Denver better team tonight maybe?

Had they made their free throws the game wouldn't be close.

lil'mo
03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
loss on blair. 3 missed gimmes

Reck
03-24-2011, 12:21 AM
loss is on manu being a douche bag airballing several 3s, including the last attempt to tie the game

what a brick

Fuck outta here with that.

Even if he would have made it that would have only tied it you dumbfuck.

Next time Manu wins a buzzer beater I'll be looking for you. See how you react to that.

spurs1990
03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Fuck outta here with that.

Even if he would have made it that would have only tied it you dumbfuck.

Next time Manu wins a buzzer beater I'll be looking for you. See how you react to that.

What are you his uncle? Manu last two shots were the difference, ultimately.

TD 21
03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Agreed. Atrocious coaching.

Should have went offense/defense down the stretch. Instead, on the two biggest defensive possessions of the game, he stays small and has Ginobili, a thin two guard, guard Chandler, a power three. What happens? He plows into him, knocks him back on his heels, then rises up for the uncontested 15 footer. If Jefferson guards Chandler on that possession, he doesn't get an uncontested shot, because Jefferson wouldn't have been knocked back. Could have easily taken away their size advantage by subbing in Blair or Bonner. That slides Jefferson and Ginobili down a position and takes away their post up, as well as helps with defensive rebounding.

Then on the last shot. Five minutes to draw something up and that's what they get? I know you're not always going to get what you want in that situation, but you've got to do better than that. A complete and total lack of size on the in bounds (never a good thing), too.

Also, down the stretch, Parker and Ginobili, in particular, settled for too many jumpers. Should have been aggressive and taken the ball to the basket. They could break their defense down any time they want, yet Ginobili thought it would be fun to take a low percentage, step back three instead. He played hero ball and cost the team.

And don't bother telling me this coach cares about defense. He doesn't. If he did, he wouldn't have played the ridiculous lineups he did. They're playing the number one offense in the league and he's playing as incompetent a defensive lineup as possible for large stretches.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
A lot of reasons for the loss..

- Refs
- Strange lineups
- Too many stupid shots in clutch time
- Too many missed layups/dunks/easy shots
- Jefferson being Jefferson
- Allowing pussies like Felton and Harrington to get good looks all game
- Going to Bonner/Blair too much

Bonner -14
Blair - 15

Splitter +11
McDyess +11

+/- stats for individual games are flawed, but the eye test is a pass, in this case..the D was much better when Splitter and McDyess were out there together..

ElNono
Harrington felt like MJ every time he saw red hair or RJ...

Chomag
Bad shot selection, bad line-ups and no defence lost this game.

Rummpd
03-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Blair and Bonner a combined - 29 when on floor tonight (46 minutes)

Dice and Splitter - +23 when on floor tonight (42 minutes)

those 4 missing minutes plus a couple more with only Blair or Bonnner on the floor at one time, arguebly cost the Spurs the game more than the refs.

VBM
03-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Lol blaming the refs on this...

Chomag
03-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Harrington felt like MJ every time he saw red hair or RJ...
QFT :lol

Hooks
refs? wtf...the spurs started chasing the momentum which was lost when harrington started going off...

Who was guarding Harrington?

Reck
What are you his uncle? Manu last two shots were the difference, ultimately.

No, I'm a realist.

You fake ass Spurs fans turn on your supposed own team when they lose.

Grow a new pair.

I supposed is Manu's fault for making all those 3s earlier too.

Had he not made those, the game wouldn't be close enough to even tied it.

Be graceful we had a chance..because of his and Neal's early 3s.

ElNono
03-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Won't blame the refs...we get home cooking too...
it was a winnable game, but I thought the lineups we threw out there for stretches were garbage...

Manu20
03-24-2011, 12:26 AM
That Blair and Bonner combo is SCARY!

spurs1990
03-24-2011, 12:27 AM
No, I'm a realist.

Grow a new pair.

Roger that. We're not allowed to assess blame to any Spurs player ever.

Cool. Now I'm a real ass Spurs fans! Give me five.

Rummpd
03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Pop was more of the reason - his stubborn love for small ball wore out Manu - Hill being a non factor did not help either besides the stench that was the play of Bonner and Blair (at least he hustled but the bricks killed the Spurs).

ducks
03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
No, I'm a realist.

Grow a new pair.

if manu can get the credit for the win in denver last time he sure as hell can get credit for this loss

mexicanjunior
03-24-2011, 12:29 AM

I can't wait for the NBA to award us the "had a chance" trophy...

Manu's shot selection the last minute was horrible, regardless of how well he shoot at the beginning of the game...Manu won't hate you for admitting the obvious man...

Rummpd
Still lose to Denver by 3 on the road first game without Duncan and it is not a big thing - perspective is that Duncan will be back and Pop may finally see how bad the Bonner and Blair combo is (at least we can hope)

TMTTRIO
yeah I'm getting really tired of Manu chucking up those step back 3 pointers. He's always been inconsistent but he's gotten worse with those and continues to chuck up shots even after they haven't been fallling for a while.

Reck
03-24-2011, 12:30 AM
if manu can get the credit for the win in denver last time he sure as hell can get credit for this loss

The Good far outweights the bad.

Borosai
03-24-2011, 12:30 AM
A team doesn't shoot over 50% because of just one guy going off. The Spurs' defense has been uninspiring all year. Nothing has changed. They won't win anything playing this way, and that I do blame on Pop. If they needed better defenders, they should have traded/signed/developed them. But alas, Spurs defense sucks.

And yeah, the refs were lame tonight.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow...Denver went 25-39 from the FT line. If they could actually hit their FTs, we would've been blown out.

Mugen
03-24-2011, 12:31 AM
:lmao @ blaming the refs for this loss....

Refs didnt force the spurs to shoot 32 threes....

Refs didnt force Pop to not call out a timeout when Denver was making their push in the 4th....

Garbage coaching cost us this game.

Pop's love for defense died the moment #12 was benched for Michael fucking Finely.

Reck
03-24-2011, 12:32 AM
I can't wait for the NBA to award us the "had a chance" trophy...

Manu's shot selection the last minute was horrible, regardless of how well he shoot at the beginning of the game...Manu won't hate you for admitting the obvious man...

Did I said it wasn't a bad shot?

I'm more talking about how everyone wants to come down on a player for making a couple of bad shot decisions.

To me, the last shot was a makeable shot. Manu was just gased.

Not gonna hate on that.

crc21209
03-24-2011, 12:32 AM
I fucking hate when a trash ass player like Al fucking Harrington, whos sucked dick all year, goes off on us, mainly because he saw Bonner defending him and went at him everytime...

Chomag
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Manu is 3rd in nba at 3 point attempts and shooting at just .350 Thats not something to be proud of.

Chomag
03-24-2011, 12:34 AM
I fucking hate when a trash ass player like Al fucking Harrington, whos sucked dick all year, goes off on us, mainly because he saw Bonner defending him and went at him everytime...

Me too, but there is a reason why the trash players in the NBA seem to have career games against the Spurs.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Me too, but there is a reason why the trash players in the NBA seem to have career games against the Spurs.

Yup...it's called NO DEFENSE.

NRHector
03-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Still lose to Denver by 3 on the road first game without Duncan and it is not a big thing - perspective is that Duncan will be back and Pop may finally see how bad the Bonner and Blair combo is (at least we can hope)

negative he's been doing this crap all season long he's worse than Stevie Wonder

ShoogarBear
03-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Eh.

Since they lost the marshMelo, Denver's been playing like a top five team in the league. They sure played both Miami and Orlando better on the road than the Spurs did.

This wasn't a horrible loss. But it was the signature loss for living and dying by the three.

RJ isn't doing enough, and he has no excuses with Duncan down.

And George Hill is playing just this side of RMJ terrority.

Death In June
03-24-2011, 12:38 AM

do you have a hollinger statistic to support this claim, big boy?Do you ever get tired of hauling around your 40 pound menstrual belt? Or does that replace all the physical activity you've been missing 4,000+ post into your shtick.

spurs10
03-24-2011, 12:41 AM
When you're up the entire game and lose, it's not on the zebras it's on you. Of the three road trips we're on, this was the easiest win we likely had. Please everyone join me on the ledge.

DesignatedT
03-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Denver leads the entire league in FTA per game. This is nothing new. Plus, if they hit there free throws this game would have been over earlier then it was. They definitely got the calls tonight and it shouldn't be surprising since they were at home. Execution down the stretch was bad from the Spurs. I thought there was multiple times Pop could have used a timeout to get a good possession but we just went with 3 bad shots in a row with Tony and Manu taking long contested step back jumpers. They are very hot right now and although we didn't miss much tonight, they countered everything we did and got to the line.

maddnezz
03-24-2011, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=Shadowflames;5076951]Did I said it wasn't a bad shot?

I'm more talking about how everyone wants to come down on a player for making a couple of bad shot decisions.

To me, the last shot was a makeable shot. Manu was just gased.
THEN PASS THE BALL MANU IF YOUR GASSED TRUST YOUR TEAMATES, I remeber a couple of times when George was playing well last year and hit a couple of and 1 or game winners and Tony just could not bring himself to give him high fives him like everybody else was. Manu can be that way sometimes too. They are our superstars but IF YOUR GASSED YA BETTER PASS BITCH!:hat

Capt Bringdown
03-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Manu is 3rd in nba at 3 point attempts and shooting at just .350 Thats not something to be proud of.

Ouch. Somebody's got some 'splain' to do.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/805/da1.JPG

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Absolutely disgusting rotations by Pop tonight. Bonner sucks and is guaranteed to choke in the playoffs, Blair is shorter than RJ, and McDyess in foul trouble.

Why would you not play the 7 footer we've been waiting years for, who's played well (esp on D, which is 'supposedly' what pop emphasizes), and who you know your gonna need in the playoffs. I just don't understand. It makes absolutely no logical sense.

Absolutely none.

Good game by the nuggets. Impressed with Ty (hes alot like parker), and the new pick-ups from NY (esp Gallo).

Couldn't agree more. Pop seems scared to play Splitter when it counts - no matter how much the other bigs suck. Pop blind loyalty to under-achieving players has always been his most glaring fault.

There's no reason Bonner and Hill should've played as much as they did tonight. I don't care who he replaces them with, but neither player warrants the force-fed minutes that Pop keeps giving them.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2011, 12:49 AM
I think the Spurs winning the championship would be a stunning achievement.

Because their front line is atrocious.

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 12:51 AM
WHy on earth didn't Pop run a designed play for Gary Neal. He obviously had the hot hand, yet others kept forcing bad shots - especially Manu.

THis team shares the ball and moves the ball extremely well at home. On the road, they morph into the Golden State Warriors - a team of 3-pt gunners, and the rest role players, who are either scared to shoot or get lost in the shuffle.

Mugen
03-24-2011, 12:52 AM

They'd have one of the best defensive frontlines in the league if Splitter was worked in this year....

TD/Splitter starting with Dice off the bench and Blair/Bonner based on matchups.....

what could have been....

ElNono
03-24-2011, 12:53 AM
WHy on earth didn't Pop run a designed play for Gary Neal. He obviously had the hot hand, yet others kept forcing bad shots - especially Manu.

Neal wasn't even out there in the last play... I wonder if he's in the dog house now after chucking that 3 in transition.

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 12:53 AM

Yep, and that idiot with the X on him in your avi says it all! I don't like that dude at all lol, I really don't.

LakerHater
03-24-2011, 12:55 AM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=pop.jpg&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

Man In Black
03-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Sometimes...despite playing pretty good on the road, the other team just get's a streak where EVERYTHING falls. Those guys went Fredette against Spurs. To end up losing by 3 sucks but man, that pace was unreal and for our team to battle despite conditions(Noise, Altitude, questionable no calls and calls), I'd say the evening was memorable, the result was not.

stnick2261
03-24-2011, 01:07 AM

Absolutely none.

Couldn't agree more. Pop seems scared to play Splitter when it counts - no matter how much the other bigs suck. Pop blind loyalty to under-achieving players has always been his most glaring fault.

There's no reason Bonner and Hill should've played as much as they did tonight. I don't care who he replaces them with, but neither player warrants the force-fed minutes that Pop keeps giving them.

Bonner played more tonight because Splitter was tired and winded. Sean was even commenting on Splitter being out of breath. (not to mention pretty much everyone got tired tonight)

Malik Rose always had this main complaint about being on the Knicks: When you are active for each game, but get no playing time, you get out of shape. He said you can't work out or do cardio before the game if there is a chance you play. He said he would have preferred to be inactive so he could allow himself to exercise and stay in shape.

Splitter has been in that situation all year... not enough playing time to stay in shape, and always being active means no strenuous workout before games.

Hopefully, he gets used to more and more minutes as we get closer to the playoffs.

ElNono
03-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Bonner played more tonight because Splitter was tired and winded.

Not gonna argue that Splitter was tired, but I call bullshit on Bonner playing more minutes because of that when Novak has a DNP-CD on the boxscore.

stnick2261
03-24-2011, 01:14 AM
I was just referring to the reason Splitter didn't play more...... I can't really justify the Bonner vs Novak argument

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Even if Splitter was tired, Bonner STILL didn't and doesn't deserve Pop blind loyalty. THis continues to Pop's most glaring flaw as a coach - continuing to invest PT and faith in players who are mentally weak.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2011, 01:26 AM
The Spurs lose tonight because the other team shoots too many free throws. The Spurs lost to the Mavs in 2006 because the Mavs shot too many free throws. Gee, did it occur to anyone that small lineups full of jump shooters might foul too much? The Nuggets pissed off Tony Brothers by bitching so much. He would have probably been happy to swallow his whistle for the Spurs if they could have figured out a way not to fucking foul on every possession.

mingus
03-24-2011, 01:32 AM
no one questions Pop in the SA media. In New York or LA Pop would be bombarded with questions about Splitter. Someone in the SA media needs to grow a pair and ask him why, if he says the team needs to shore up its defense, he continues to play lineups that go against that.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2011, 01:35 AM
They ask him about Splitter, and he lies. Pop just treats questions he doesn't like with contempt and throws a dumbass response at the questioner.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Sometimes...despite playing pretty good on the road, the other team just get's a streak where EVERYTHING falls. Those guys went Fredette against Spurs. To end up losing by 3 sucks but man, that pace was unreal and for our team to battle despite conditions(Noise, Altitude, questionable no calls and calls), I'd say the evening was memorable, the result was not.

Sadly, it's nothing but a LOSS. Given Timmy's absence, and the Spurs' upcoming schedule, tonight was pretty much a must win for the Spurs to retain HCA. Spurs will have to struggle right down to the last game against the Suns in Phoenix, and will still lose HCA to the Lakers. Once the Lakers get HCA, it's all over. Threepeat. 6 for Kobe. I will probably just give up on the NBA entirely.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Bonner played more tonight because Splitter was tired and winded.
:wakeup

So your contention is that Splitter had two days of rest after playing 27 and 24 minutes in the last two games, and was benched after only 17 minutes because he was seen breathing heavily in Denver*. And this is why he didn't come back into the game at any point during the last 20 minutes of the game, despite 137 year old Antonio McDyess getting into foul trouble and Matt Bonner getting torched over and over and over by anyone that lined up against him.

Pop has continually told anyone who will listen how blue-collar and hard working and tough Tiago Splitter is. I have a really hard time believing that YOU believe that Pop would be sparing Tiago from potentially getting a stitch in his side on a night that Parker and Manu each played over 36 minutes.

*elev. 5280 ft (1609.3 m)

crc21209
03-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Sadly, it's nothing but a LOSS. Given Timmy's absence, and the Spurs' upcoming schedule, tonight was pretty much a must win for the Spurs to retain HCA. Spurs will have to struggle right down to the last game against the Suns in Phoenix, and will still lose HCA to the Lakers. Once the Lakers get HCA, it's all over. Threepeat. 6 for Kobe. I will probably just give up on the NBA entirely.

:lol WTF. You were just saying yesterday no way the Spurs would lose HCA. Or is this a reverse jinx post? :lol

spurs10
03-24-2011, 02:33 AM
:lol WTF. You were just saying yesterday no way the Spurs would lose HCA. Or is this a reverse jinx post? :lol
:toast No one game in the regular season is that big, unless it's a "must win." Tonight was not that game. The Spurs bounce back well. We are building character! :hat

ChumpDumper
03-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Spurs losses are mitigated by these threads.

spursbird
03-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Enough is enough. Everyone sucked. But complaint helps nothing.

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Enough is enough. Everyone sucked. But complaint helps nothing.

Dice did not suck! :lmao:lmao Boner sucked worse than them all to be honesty so they did not all suck equal :wow:rollin:rollin Peace, they all sucked at times, but Dyess did show up big, hell of a game from him and Neal.

Baseline
03-24-2011, 03:50 AM
Pop has good defensive schemes.

Pop also has completely braindead substitution patterns, a creepy affinity for certain players who tragically underperform (Bonner, Finley, etc.) on the defensive end, and of course, the doghouse for others (Splitter, Malik Rose, etc.).

These facts have always been the case. It's why I've never been a fan of Popovich or his schtick. He's won titles because of Tim Duncan, not necessarily because he's a phenomenal coach. He's a good coach - I'll give him that. But he doesn't get the most out of players because of the above-mentioned reasons. A lot of the time, guys who should be playing are on the pine.

I guess with Pop you take the good with the bad, somewhat like watching Gary Neal try to defend somebody. If Neal couldn't shoot, he'd be stacking boxes at HEB.

But in Bonner's case, I really don't see how he helps us that much if he's the guy who's keeping Tiago on the pine. The entire Denver team was brimming with confidence just to see Bonner dressed out tonight. Meanwhile, Tiago did just fine out there, and the guy will only get better. But guess what? He won't get better sitting beside Pop on the bench.

mathbzh
03-24-2011, 04:39 AM
That Blair and Bonner combo is SCARY!

+1

Actually I have always defended Bonner. It is no fluke he has been consistently a +/- beast in the regular season. If he could just bring something in the playoff he could really help.

I also like Blair. He can be really disruptive when he has a favorable matchup.

But having both on the floor together is retarded.

jay_shs
03-24-2011, 05:07 AM
QFT

The last play of the game should be a pick and roll, not a Manu iso

Budkin
03-24-2011, 07:53 AM

This has got to be a reverse jinx. You've been the most optimistic guy on here. So after a 3 point loss to a hot team on their own floor without Tim Duncan, suddenly we're completely fucked? :lol

Horse
03-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Denver leads the entire league in FTA per game. This is nothing new. Plus, if they hit there free throws this game would have been over earlier then it was. They definitely got the calls tonight and it shouldn't be surprising since they were at home. Execution down the stretch was bad from the Spurs. I thought there was multiple times Pop could have used a timeout to get a good possession but we just went with 3 bad shots in a row with Tony and Manu taking long contested step back jumpers. They are very hot right now and although we didn't miss much tonight, they countered everything we did and got to the line.
If we got the calls we deserved it would have been a blowout in our favor. The refs bailed their asses out in the with all the bs calls. And Pop baliled them out keeping Splitter on the bench. You'll notice ever quarter we had a push got a decent lead, only to lose it in the last couple minutes of each quarter when Tiago was on the bench.

Budkin
03-24-2011, 10:35 AM
If we got the calls we deserved it would have been a blowout in our favor. The refs bailed their asses out in the with all the bs calls. And Pop baliled them out keeping Splitter on the bench. You'll notice ever quarter we had a push got a decent lead, only to lose it in the last couple minutes of each quarter when Tiago was on the bench.

I didn't get it either. What did he do to piss Pop off? He better play against Aldridge though or we're going to get reamed on the front line.

Cessation
03-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Pop is only straight up if it suits his agenda, otherwise he never hesitates to bullshit. His fake Splitter praise is obvious, if he's so great why is he warming the bench still, with duncan out, and bonner getting in playoff form early.

ElNono
03-24-2011, 12:14 PM
:pop: "They just made some shots"

NugzFan
03-24-2011, 12:31 PM

:lol the refs missed calls on both ends.

besides, its about time the refs dont call some of manus flops.

Horse
03-24-2011, 12:38 PM

You shot 40 fucking FTs how many could they have really missed for denver?

dbestpro
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Denver shot 39 foul shots. Of those almost 75% were called late when it was apparent that Denver would not score. This is the kind of game you expect if your big brother is the ref.

With all of that and no Duncan we still almost got the W. I try to give Blair a pass from time to time because he is so young. Bonner's perimeter defense was really, really, really bad.

In the end this loss goes to Pop for not going to Neal in the second half and for riding with Bonner for so long. If players were tired then Pop should have given some minutes to the DNP guys. His decisions stunk to the end when he had a chance to take the lead and Parker wanted to call a timeout but Pop just looked the other way.

NugzFan
03-24-2011, 12:53 PM
You shot 40 fucking FTs how many could they have really missed for denver?

we lead the league in fts and attack the basket non stop.

they missed a few. which is normal as they will miss calls in every game.

but dont make it sound like of all the missed calls, they were all against the spurs. that sounds stupid.

NugzFan
03-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Denver shot 39 foul shots. Of those almost 75% were called late when it was apparent that Denver would not score. This is the kind of game you expect if your big brother is the ref.

75%? really? and if its the right call, late is better than not making the call.

manu leads the league in getting crap calls for him. thats why i find this all so amusing.

urunobili
03-24-2011, 01:10 PM
all the non called hacks on Tiago too... Blair is in part responsible... so Chokenner

kidd_91
03-24-2011, 01:36 PM

yeah I'm getting really tired of Manu chucking up those step back 3 pointers. He's always been inconsistent but he's gotten worse with those and continues to chuck up shots even after they haven't been fallling for a while.
Not blaming this loss on Manu, plenty of blame to go around. But I am really getting annoyed at this shot from him. I wonder what his shooting percentage is when he does that step back and chucks it in the face of a defender.

Horse
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
we lead the league in fts and attack the basket non stop.

they missed a few. which is normal as they will miss calls in every game.

but dont make it sound like of all the missed calls, they were all against the spurs. that sounds stupid.
Not all just most this Spurs team has been known not to foul. It was like the refs waited to see if denver would score if they did'nt they blew the whistle. Well they can blow me!

Obstructed_View
03-24-2011, 06:50 PM
There were more late whistles last night than any game I've ever seen. That said, the Spurs ran small lineups and have failed to get their best defensive big established so he can get some respect from the refs. That's on the Spurs, and nobody else.

Brazil
03-24-2011, 07:17 PM
There were more late whistles last night than any game I've ever seen. That said, the Spurs ran small lineups and have failed to get their best defensive big established so he can get some respect from the refs. That's on the Spurs, and nobody else.

The refs called a lot of fouls in favor of Denver but Denver players put themselves in situation to get that calls we just spend our night to JS you're absolutely right thats on the Spurs.

LakerHater
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=pop.jpg&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-24-2011, 07:50 PM

With all of that and no Duncan we still almost got the W. I try to give Blair a pass from time to time because he is so young. Bonner's perimeter defense was really, really, really bad.

In the end this loss goes to Pop for not going to Neal in the second half and for riding with Bonner for so long. If players were tired then Pop should have given some minutes to the DNP guys. His decisions stunk to the end when he had a chance to take the lead and Parker wanted to call a timeout but Pop just looked the other way.

I basically agree with this. I had to question a lot of the play calling and rotations in the second half, but I know Pop is in tinker mode right now...probably moreso now that Timmy is out.

widowmaker
03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
The body language in the last 6 mintues in the game is what told it all. They didn't want to win, poor shot selection, nobody was moving around everybody was standing around the 3 point line including guys like splitter and mcdyse. Then they show pop on the bench with that duhh look in his face. It's to far into the season for these guys to come out and look like they have no clue of what the heck is going on out there.

spurtech09
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
the lose was just a sorry performance in the 4th quarter and the refs...could of should of....spurs should of won the game but gave the game away....if duncan was in the line up the spurs would of won by 20 pts...

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 07:16 AM
The body language in the last 6 mintues in the game is what told it all. They didn't want to win, poor shot selection, nobody was moving around everybody was standing around the 3 point line including guys like splitter and mcdyse. Then they show pop on the bench with that duhh look in his face. It's to far into the season for these guys to come out and look like they have no clue of what the heck is going on out there.

Fail. Splitter was subbed out with 6 minutes to go in the third and never came back in.

Gagnrath
03-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I am not putting this one on the officiating, there was a bit of a nugets bias but no more than would be expected for a home team, the nuggets were more aggressive driving. For most of the 4th the spurs forgot ball movement, and they did nothing at all to establish an inside game. That two man trap doesn't work if you hit the rolling Blair when he sets h\the pick on the guard and the guard goes under to trap, Blair does need to hit the little lay-up or 6 footer in that instance but he did on a few of those he also muffed a couple (part of which I blame on playing with a wrist at 85%) Would also have been a good idea to post him on Chandler who doesn't like to have to play physical interior defense, but does like to swat shots on help defense.Even if blair pick up an offensive foul on a couple of those possessions getting charged by blair throw chandler out of his offensive game. The spurs need to have some inside offense. It lets people have a step and in Bonners case he doesn't do contested will if his man can just camp on him, nothing is going in from bonners hands.

DrSteffo
03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Blair and Bonner a combined - 29 when on floor tonight (46 minutes)

Dice and Splitter - +23 when on floor tonight (42 minutes)

those 4 missing minutes plus a couple more with only Blair or Bonnner on the floor at one time, arguebly cost the Spurs the game more than the refs.

This. Sometimes I just have no clue what Pop is thinking. I admit that he is more often right than wrong but he is just so damn stubborn.

DrSteffo
03-25-2011, 09:23 AM
75%? really? and if its the right call, late is better than not making the call.

manu leads the league in getting crap calls for him. thats why i find this all so amusing.

Get the fuck out of here with your moronic statements. Your team has zero % chance against us in the POs as long as the refs are neutral.