PDA

View Full Version : Your Spurs thoughts

spurspokesman
03-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Just an open ended thread. I just feel iffy about this team due to many of our guys inconsistencies. It truly grieves me that RJ and bonner get paid what they due. They should both hand there checks to the rookie out of Towson. Please share all.

Cessation
03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Your eyes are lying, bonner is an underrated defencive player, he's part of the spurs best defencive lineup this year.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
The Lakers WILL catch us.

rayray2k8
03-24-2011, 12:24 AM

:rolleyes

Reck
03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Good game overall.

Denver had to play their guts out to just catch up, even with the refs on their side.

This loss didn't bothered me much.

DesignatedT
03-24-2011, 12:29 AM

want 2 bet?

spurspokesman
03-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Your eyes are lying, bonner is an underrated defencive player, he's part of the spurs best defencive lineup this year.

Really dont care for +-. Bonner sucks. He is a hell of a shooter but for his size he offers nothing else. By the way he gives back everything he gives to the person he is defending night in and out. I hope he makes me eat my words but my eyes and others see that he is crawling back in his shell

silverblk mystix
03-24-2011, 12:32 AM
I really wish that Bonner was the one with the sprained ankle...

hate on me all you want but I really hope that Bonner gets injured...

it is the ONLY way to a title...

Take Pop's crack away from him ---he can't help himself....

otherwise...the spurs might get close this year but BONNER will doom them in the end.

silverblk mystix

otherwise...the spurs might get close this year but BONNER will doom them in the end.

spurspokesman

Its not impossible. We are helping them.

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Really dont care for +-. Bonner sucks. He is a hell of a shooter but for his size he offers nothing else. By the way he gives back everything he gives to the person he is defending night in and out. I hope he makes me eat my words but my eyes and others see that he is crawling back in his shell

He has not been a hell of a shooter lately, infact he misses all his shots lately it seems! Playoffs coming so Bonner chokes it seems.

Spursmania
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
This team would never beat us with Timmy. Pop stayed small which sucked. Be prepared to lose the next 2 games.

Dice won't be getting much rest and Hill and Blair need to step it up. Oh, and Bonner will always be the same old choke Bonner we have seen in the previous playoffs but would love for him to prove me wrong. That is all.

Spursmania
03-24-2011, 12:34 AM
This team would never beat us with Timmy. Pop stayed small which sucked. Be prepared to lose the next 2 games.

Dice won't be getting much rest and Hill and Blair need to step it up. Oh, and Bonner will always be the same old choke Bonner we have seen in the previous playoffs but would love for him to prove me wrong. That is all.

Sean Cagney
Its not impossible. We are helping them.

They are 6 back, without Timmay and the way the Spurs are playing do you not doubt it ? I mean it is possible by any means! They are not that far behind if we lost another three in a row which could happen! Then only three back! MAN FUKK THIS SHYT GO SPURS GO! GET SOME WINS TO CLOSE THIS OUT!

TE

This.

Fpoonsie
Fuck Manu.

spurspokesman

Thats harsh but hard to deny we are better with him playing less minutes. Ditto for blair. I can feel the stat guys coming lol

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 12:35 AM

Next three games we would easily lose, could! Then LA down 3 with how many left? That is not outta the realm the catch us now.

spurspokesman
03-24-2011, 12:35 AM
They are 6 back, without Timmay and the way the Spurs are playing do you not doubt it ? I mean it is possible by any means! They are not that far behind if we lost another three in a row which could happen! Then only three back! MAN FUKK THIS SHYT GO SPURS GO! GET SOME WINS TO CLOSE THIS OUT!

I concur. Boy we could use HCA

Cessation
03-24-2011, 12:36 AM
lol bonner is 24% from 3 in last 9, and counting
thats how you know playoffs are coming

ducks
magic number is 5

spurspokesman
Good game overall.

Denver had to play their guts out to just catch up, even with the refs on their side.

This loss didn't bothered me much.

Our execution down the stretch bothered me

spurspokesman
03-24-2011, 12:37 AM
lol bonner is 24% from 3 in last 9, and counting
thats how you know playoffs are coming
:lol

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 12:38 AM
We're going to lose at least the next two games, folks, and they won't even be close.

Splits
03-24-2011, 12:40 AM
This came down to key possessions in the final 2 minutes. Pop managed the clock poorly. Tony took a poor shot and missed. Manu missed a step-back 3 which he makes like 30% of the time. Pop had a play to call with 6 seconds left which ends up in the backcourt and Manu taking a horrible 3 because there was no play called to get the inbounds within 30 feet of the basket. I primarily blame Pop for the loss on the weak clock management and play calling. But Manu and Tony too for missing in the clutch.

Oh well, just 1 game. Loss number 14. Who cares? HCA is a lock.

Fpoonsie
03-24-2011, 12:40 AM
We're going to lose at least the next two games, folks, and they won't even be close.

Your "book it" shtick has been idiotic from day one.

I'm not saying you should kill yourself, but...and so on and so forth.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Your "book it" shtick has been idiotic from day one.

I'm not saying you should kill yourself, but...and so on and so forth.

ELE bet on HCA, punk???

Heh...didn't think so... :lol

Fpoonsie
03-24-2011, 12:46 AM
ELE bet on HCA, punk???

Heh...didn't think so... :lol

I'd rather you kill yourself.

Besides, my current lack of faith in the Spurs chances in the long-run has no bearing on how fucking stupid you are.

Mugen
03-24-2011, 12:48 AM
how does TampaDude go from one of the biggest homers on this board to being the guy with zero faith in his team?

you went from RuffReady to MexicanJunior in a single thread....

taps
03-24-2011, 12:51 AM
I mostly didn't have a problem with the (frontline /edit) lineups in the first 3 quarters

Why not burn tiago's fouls as well?

otherwise glad it was close and can't wait to see td splitter in action

ElNono
03-24-2011, 12:51 AM
The positive is that we competed in a hard place to play at, against a team that's been playing very well... I also loved every minute of Dice out there.
The loss didn't really burn as bad.

The negative is watching with my own eyes the confirmation of Matty being given a very important role in this team, which is the reason I didn't want to re-sign him. I just knew Pop wouldn't be able to help himself, and so the only way for this not to happen was to move him.

Chomag
03-24-2011, 12:57 AM
The positive is that we competed in a hard place to play at, against a team that's been playing very well... I also loved every minute of Dice out there.
The loss didn't really burn as bad.

The negative is watching with my own eyes the confirmation of Matty being given a very important role in this team, which is the reason I didn't want to re-sign him. I just knew Pop wouldn't be able to help himself, and so the only way for this not to happen was to move him.

Some of us said at the beginning of the year that the re-signing of Bonner was a huge mistake, but people would just tell us to STFU because he would only be the 5th big situational end of the bench player.

Just lol...

ElNono
03-24-2011, 12:59 AM
lol 5th big
lol 15 mpg

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Some of us said at the beginning of the year that the re-signing of Bonner was a huge mistake, but people would just tell us to STFU because he would only be the 5th big situational end of the bench player.

Just lol...

Yeah fukkin right, Pop can't help it, he just cant with that idiot on the floor! I KNEW he would get huge mins again when he resigned! WE ALL KNEW IT deep inside.

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 01:02 AM

Just lol...

Even though the playoffs haven't begun, I defy ANYONE to try and build a case why his teammates, coaches or fans should have any faith in his red-headed ass. For all Bonner's regular season success and playoff suckiness, he was rewarded with an unjustified 4-yr contract.

It pains me when I see other players struggle to get a look or a contract, when a guy like Bonner, who is a proven mental midget, get rewarded for no apparent reason.

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Even though the playoffs haven't begun, I defy ANYONE to try and build a case why his teammates, coaches or fans should have any faith in his red-headed ass. For all Bonner's regular season success and playoff suckiness, he was rewarded with an unjustified 4-yr contract.

It pains me when I see other players struggle to get a look or a contract, when a guy like Bonner, who is a proven mental midget, get rewarded for no apparent reason.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2011, 01:05 AM

You could write an entire book on a team going from Robert Horry to Matt Bonner. I mean talk about opposite sides of the spectrum.

Hell, Anthony Tolliver >>> Matt Bonner.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd rather you kill yourself.

Besides, my current lack of faith in the Spurs chances in the long-run has no bearing on how fucking stupid you are.

I'm not too stupid to recognize first round fodder when I see it.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 01:08 AM
how does TampaDude go from one of the biggest homers on this board to being the guy with zero faith in his team?

you went from RuffReady to MexicanJunior in a single thread....

I finally woke up. The Lakers are gonna threepeat this year. I'm laying $1000 on it.

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 01:13 AM
You could write an entire book on a team going from Robert Horry to Matt Bonner. I mean talk about opposite sides of the spectrum.

Hell, Anthony Tolliver >>> Matt Bonner.

Yeah, the first sign of a slump, they cut Tolliver's ass. Yet Bonner gets a 4-yr deal for two years of phantom regular season success and playoff failings.

Essentially, they kept this 6-10 spaz in favor of Mahinmi. Yeah, I said it again. The Spurs banished a young big, for a guy one-dimensional guy, who cannot hit shots on the road, when he's open and in pressure situations.

Before Pop allowed his team to morph into the new version of the Warriors, the Spurs could've been better served with some additional post presence, rebounding and defense.

There's absolutely no justification for Bonner being given a new contract.

stnick2261
03-24-2011, 01:21 AM
One of the best lineups I've seen the Spurs play all year is 3 guards plus Bonner and Duncan. The 3 guards cause a mismatch in the open court for easy baskets... when that doesn't work, they all cause spacing for Duncan's post presence to work.

This lineup does not work when you substitute any other big for Duncan.

Bonner should not play when Duncan does not play.

spurs10
03-24-2011, 01:25 AM
I finally woke up. The Lakers are gonna threepeat this year. I'm laying $1000 on it.
Didn't you just have a thread about betting against the Spurs a few weeks ago, under the guise that you were a huge Spurs fan, but....I can't remember your rationalizations. When you lose your $1000, which poetic justice is going to make happen, go back and read all your sorry bandwagon bullshit you've been spewing. If you are not completely embarrassed by your phoniness and pretentiousness, you have a major problem! You need to bend over for your boys in gold n' blue and take it like the faker you are. I thought you were a fan...bullshit....you are faker bullshit artist.
:flag::lobt::flag::lobt::flag::lobt::flag::lobt::f lag::lobt2:

Cessation
03-24-2011, 01:27 AM
I think pop, thought he could eventually teach bonner to be effective when it matters most, since bonner is such a pussy, and will do anything pop says. Unfortunatelly, you can't teach something like that, either you have it or you dont. Stephen Jackson, Horry, Mario Ellie, Ginobli, they have it, Bonner doesn't, and never will, no matter how many chances he gets. Also, he's just happy to be in the nba, and collecting 4 mil a year. He already overachieved, as far as he's concerned, if he never hits another three in his life.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Didn't you just have a thread about betting against the Spurs a few weeks ago, under the guise that you were a huge Spurs fan, but....I can't remember your rationalizations. When you lose your $1000, which poetic justice is going to make happen, go back and read all your sorry bandwagon bullshit you've been spewing. If you are not completely embarrassed by your phoniness and pretentiousness, you have a major problem! You need to bend over for your boys in gold n' blue and take it like the faker you are. I thought you were a fan...bullshit....you are faker bullshit artist.

You'd really like to believe that, wouldn't you? :lol

timtonymanu
03-24-2011, 01:32 AM

Even though Bonner started out the year well, I still really hated his contract and was surprised by it. If the guy didn't want to come back for less, then fuck him. He could have signed somewhere else. Giving him that contract shows that Pop and co thought he was THAT important, like he was irreplaceable. It's disgusting really. He was shit against Dallas in 2009. He made Channing Frye look like an all-star in the Phoenix series yet here he is rewarded with a 4 year contract. I didn't understand their motive at the time and I still don't know why.

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2011, 01:38 AM
why u guys panicking?

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Even though Bonner started out the year well, I still really hated his contract and was surprised by it. If the guy didn't want to come back for less, then fuck him. He could have signed somewhere else. Giving him that contract shows that Pop and co thought he was THAT important, like he was irreplaceable. It's disgusting really. He was shit against Dallas in 2009. He made Channing Frye look like an all-star in the Phoenix series yet here he is rewarded with a 4 year contract. I didn't understand their motive at the time and I still don't know why.

It's funny because I actually thought that after 2 years of playoff choking that the Spurs brass would have pondered over resigning him - or maybe even forcing him to settle for less. Instead they quickly inked him to a 4-yr deal. In recalling the public statements by the front office, they acted as thouigh they had just re-upped a key piece of the rotation. After hearing them gush over Bonner and why he was so important to the team, one would've thought they were gushing over the reincarnated carcase of Robert Horry.

I didn't want to believe it then and still can't believe it now - just how much this coaching staff continues to delude themselves about this guy. He's a mental midget and probably will always be. However, they keep enabling him by the big contract and force-feeding him undeserved minutes. It's pretty obvious that Bonner is Pop's sacred cow.

spurs10
03-24-2011, 01:46 AM
You'd really like to believe that, wouldn't you? :lol
Believe what? That you should be embarrassed by your about face from "we got this, book it" to the Lakers (still down 6 by the way) are going to "threepeat" just because you are stupid enough to bet "$1000" on it. Yes I believe you are an embarrassment on every level imaginable. Is that the question? If so, a resounding yes from all Spurs fans I'm sure.
:flag:

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Believe what? That you should be embarrassed by your about face from "we got this, book it" to the Lakers (still down 6 by the way) are going to "threepeat" just because you are stupid enough to bet "$1000" on it. Yes I believe you are an embarrassment on every level imaginable. Is that the question? If so, a resounding yes from all Spurs fans I'm sure.
:flag:

I'll be sure to bookmark this post for June. :lol

spurs10
03-24-2011, 02:22 AM
I'll be sure to bookmark this post for June. :lol
Seriously, please do. Then read your own "book it" bullshit and tell me who should be embarrassed. I've never said we've got this championship in our back pocket. I know it's not going to be easy, if it's even possible. Everyone jumped ship in 2005 as well. Timmy being down is horrible in every way, but if our guys can't find a way to win about 6 more games, then we'll be in 2nd place. So be it, but I don't see that happening. My point is you can't jump ship because Tim got hurt or we lost our 14th game at the end of March. I've always respected your optimism before now. If Hill, RJ, and the Red Rocket don't get it together, then bookmark my comments for May!
:flag:Who are you and what have you done with TampaDude? :hat

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Seriously, please do. Then read your own "book it" bullshit and tell me who should be embarrassed. I've never said we've got this championship in our back pocket. I know it's not going to be easy, if it's even possible. Everyone jumped ship in 2005 as well. Timmy being down is horrible in every way, but if our guys can't find a way to win about 6 more games, then we'll be in 2nd place. So be it, but I don't see that happening. My point is you can't jump ship because Tim got hurt or we lost our 14th game at the end of March. I've always respected your optimism before now. If Hill, RJ, and the Red Rocket don't get it together, then bookmark my comments for May!

Red Rocket willl not get it together man, book it! THE OTHERS? MAYBE! BUT HE IS IN PLAYOFF FORM NOW and it shows! He is him, period. Bonner will never get it together late, period.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Just an open ended thread. I just feel iffy about this team due to many of our guys inconsistencies. It truly grieves me that RJ and bonner get paid what they due. They should both hand there checks to the rookie out of Towson. Please share all.Your spelling is atrocious.

Budkin
03-24-2011, 07:14 AM

No way.

alamo50
03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
If RJ doesn't step up the coming week with Timmy out, he'll be gone next season.

Cessation
03-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I was one of those, that didn't think bonner was such a bad signing, but with playoffs coming and yet another predictable choke job on its way like all the other years he's been here, no choice but had to change my mind.

SenorSpur
03-24-2011, 12:17 PM
So that makes 3 chokers? Bonner, Hill and RJ?

E-RockWill
03-24-2011, 12:33 PM
If RJ doesn't step up the coming week with Timmy out, he'll be gone next season.

RJ needs to step up big time from here on out. He needs to make himself a factor.

ALVAREZ6
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
The San Antonio Suns are going nowhere fast....can't wait until they go down as one of the best regular season teams to not do shit in the playoffs. Way too many threes. Manu for some reason has fallen in love with the 3, but I hope it's only something he's doing in the regular season and something he'll stop doing as often when it truly counts. I hope he's just saving his body for the playoffs, because if in the postseason he isn't all up in that paint's ass every single game just like Tony, this team is going nowhere. It's just impossible to stay that hot from 3 as a team throughout the championship run. 50-60% of his 3PTA should go to Gary Neal, he seems to know when and when not to take a 3. What I've noticed through many games is that when Manu starts a game hot, he basically uses it as an excuse to take a slew of jack ass forced, stupid shots. He's got to play with more discipline when he's hot and use it to his advantage to help the team.

Oh yeah, and the Lakers are totally gonna rape us in a 7 game series with their height and length. The Spurs simply cannot match up with Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. And Tim going down with an ankle injury like this definitely hampers the team, his ankle won't be as strong for the playoffs, not that they ever were.

In short: I'm not feeling so confident.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Heh...sorry folks...too much tequila last night... :lol

Horse
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Jesus Fuck everybody relax we gave a hell of an effort to a really hot team in a hard place to play and certainly should've won. We give this effort everynight and Pop gives Splitter some more burn we'll lock up HCA without a doubt.

Horse
03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
The San Antonio Suns are going nowhere fast....can't wait until they go down as one of the best regular season teams to not do shit in the playoffs. Way too many threes. Manu for some reason has fallen in love with the 3, but I hope it's only something he's doing in the regular season and something he'll stop doing as often when it truly counts. I hope he's just saving his body for the playoffs, because if in the postseason he isn't all up in that paint's ass every single game just like Tony, this team is going nowhere. It's just impossible to stay that hot from 3 as a team throughout the championship run. 50-60% of his 3PTA should go to Gary Neal, he seems to know when and when not to take a 3. What I've noticed through many games is that when Manu starts a game hot, he basically uses it as an excuse to take a slew of jack ass forced, stupid shots. He's got to play with more discipline when he's hot and use it to his advantage to help the team.

Oh yeah, and the Lakers are totally gonna rape us in a 7 game series with their height and length. The Spurs simply cannot match up with Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. And Tim going down with an ankle injury like this definitely hampers the team, his ankle won't be as strong for the playoffs, not that they ever were.

In short: I'm not feeling so confident.
And they can't match our backcourt or bench. This team will be different for the playoffs they've been there enough to know the difference.

DeadlyDynasty
03-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Jesus Fuck everybody relax we gave a hell of an effort to a really hot team in a hard place to play and certainly should've won. We give this effort everynight and Pop gives Splitter some more burn we'll lock up HCA without a doubt.

Your mom's pretty hot, scro. Nice rack :tu

polandprzem
03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Spurs looking weak

They should put Denver away.

I don't get it. Their record is not that good now.

ALVAREZ6
03-24-2011, 01:07 PM
And they can't match our backcourt or bench. This team will be different for the playoffs they've been there enough to know the difference.

They have some good role players, and their advantage in the frontcourt counts for much more than our bench advantage, especially in a 7 game series. Can't expect to knock down 15 threes per game throughout the playoffs, however, the Lakers bigs and long wings (kobe, barnes, artest) will be d-ing it up and rebounding every single game, that's for sure.

TampaDude
03-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Spurs looking weak

They should put Denver away.

I don't get it. Their record is not that good now.

Uh...no Duncan...

polandprzem
03-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Uh...no Duncan...

Uh so?

Even with TD their basketball level has not went up.

Still I think the spurs can manage to play great ball, but I don't know if other teams will just smash them inside.

spurs10
03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Heh...sorry folks...too much tequila last night... :lol
He's back! Yeah last night was pretty horrible. You know the guys feel the same. It's time for a win in Oregon! or Tennesse! We're going to be alright..a rested TD, baptism by fire for Tiago, and everybody else stepping up a notch! To steal your line,"book it!"

lazerelmo
03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Just an open ended thread. I just feel iffy about this team due to many of our guys inconsistencies.

Reality
57-14

Spurs Consistency > Everybody else's

Chomag
03-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Reality
57-14

Spurs Consistency > Everybody else's

Yep, ask Dallas, Suns and Cleveland how much the reality of that record did for them in the playoffs.

spurspokesman
03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
So that makes 3 chokers? Bonner, Hill and RJ?

Roger that sir.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
well they call tiago out to play and he does everything right , makes nene shy away from driving and is playing good D. until pop brings his sperm disposal bonner in to log 22 minutes with a -14 {3rebounds(zero offensive reb)/ 7points /in 22minutes} hahaha tiago's +11{ 7rebounds (2 0f them being offensive)/ only 4points /but only 17minutes}

lazerelmo
03-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Yep, ask Dallas, Suns and Cleveland how much the reality of that record did for them in the playoffs.

Are you suggesting that the Spurs will follow in the footsteps of the Mavericks? What kind of Spurs fan are you?

:nope