PDA

View Full Version : One More: Splitter was ballin tonight!

SequSpur
03-24-2011, 12:26 AM
WTF happened Pop?

ducks
03-24-2011, 12:27 AM
one more thread no wonder you have 20k post

Manu20
03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bonner-809x1024.jpg

SequSpur
03-24-2011, 12:28 AM
one more thread no wonder you have 20k post

If I ever find you, I am really going to beat your ass...

ducks
03-24-2011, 12:31 AM
you can not find me because you can not look over 2 feet high

underdawg
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bonner-809x1024.jpg

did Jeff Foxworthy paint that?

Hooks
03-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Who cares if he practically shut down Nene by himself? He doesn't stretch the floor, and that's all that matters.

SequSpur
03-24-2011, 12:38 AM
I thought splitter did a good job. He showed us some good things tonight and he played physical...that's what the spurs need...

TE
03-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Bonner happened.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Splitter played solid D, especially against Nene..the Spurs' D was pretty good at only one point of the game, and that was when McDyess and Splitter were on the court together..he also had something like 7 rebounds in 18 minutes, which is very good..

Pop needs to get over himself..

honestfool84
03-24-2011, 12:41 AM
is it just me, or does it seem like Splitter is almost always on the floor at the end of a play?

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Bonner happened.

He always fucking happens and I am bout sick of it! He is utter shit late in the year.

stnick2261
03-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Splitter got winded... not enough playing time all year to handle extended minutes

jjktkk
03-24-2011, 02:12 AM
He always fucking happens and I am bout sick of it! He is utter shit late in the year.

Are you gonna quit being a Spurs fan, or just ranting?

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Are you gonna quit being a Spurs fan, or just ranting?

NOPE BUT BONNER HAPPENS ALOT LATE, DO NOT DENY IT HE SUCKS yes he still gets burn in games! He is Bonner and always will be. I am sick of his fans telling me he will do this and that, but he has proven time and time again to fade late in the year, deny that? DENY THAT? I wish he would not play as much when off, thats all.

Please fans stop this ranting shyt, he is horrible, it shows and you know it! I am sick of his apologists in here and so on. Bonner is a problem, and not for the other team.

20beastie45
03-24-2011, 07:05 AM
NOPE BUT BONNER HAPPENS ALOT LATE, DO NOT DENY IT HE SUCKS yes he still gets burn in games! He is Bonner and always will be. I am sick of his fans telling me he will do this and that, but he has proven time and time again to fade late in the year, deny that? DENY THAT? I wish he would not play as much when off, thats all.

Please fans stop this ranting shyt, he is horrible, it shows and you know it! I am sick of his apologists in here and so on. Bonner is a problem, and not for the other team.

i do not deny.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-24-2011, 11:40 AM
i do not deny.

Is Bonner the worst defender among all the NBA starters playing his position?

admiralsnackbar
03-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Is Bonner the worst defender among all the NBA starters playing his position?
Since Bonner didn't start, you wouldn't have to look further than Harrington for a worse defender. Too bad Al had a ridiculously good shooting night.

SplitterHook
03-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Since Bonner didn't start, you wouldn't have to look further than Harrington for a worse defender. Too bad we had Bonner guarding him so he had a ridiculously good shooting night.

Fixed.

DeadlyDynasty
03-24-2011, 01:11 PM

:lol

duncan228
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
An Unintended Cameo for Splitter in Duncan’s Absence (http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/an-unintended-cameo-for-splitter-in-duncans-absence/?src=twrhp)
By Rob Mahoney
Off The Dribble
The New York Times

The Spurs are without Tim Duncan, if only for a matter of weeks. As injuries go, San Antonio got off lightly; Duncan is hobbled, but his injured ankle reportedly suffered no structural damage as a result of a cringe-worthy buckle. His season –- and San Antonio’s -– is ongoing, though in a slight intermission.

Yet with no official timetable set for Duncan’s return, a few more dark clouds have formed over San Antonio. No reason to brace for a season-ending deluge, but a lingering injury would certainly alter the Spurs’ playoff forecast: the Spurs have struggled defensively, and their best defensive big man may not be fully healthy for the final stretch of the regular season or the beginning of the playoffs. San Antonio may not be eliminated as a result, but Duncan’s ankle sprain adds a complication to an inherently difficult journey.

If it wasn’t bad enough that the Spurs will have to deal with the likes of the Lakers, Mavs, and Thunder -– not to mention a solid first-round opponent and the possibility of playing a team like the Celtics, Heat, or Bulls in the finals -– now San Antonio will have to contend with a potentially significant setback in an area of relative weakness. In their 11 games in March, the Spurs have allowed 107.4 points per 100 possessions (http://hoopdata.com/teamgl.aspx?team=SAS), a mark far below the league average. With or without Duncan in the lineup, San Antonio has had a lot of trouble on defense.

Duncan’s injury has started a particularly interesting subplot: all of a sudden, an unexpected late-season opportunity has fallen into the lap of Brazilian rookie Tiago Splitter. Coach Gregg Popovich has turned to Splitter as a way to fill Duncan’s minutes, and though the early returns aren’t breathtaking, it’s easy to see Splitter’s value as a rotation player.

Keep reading... (http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/an-unintended-cameo-for-splitter-in-duncans-absence/?src=twrhp)

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/an-unintended-cameo-for-splitter-in-duncans-absence/?src=twrhp

Sportcamper
03-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Sequ...You Rock...:lol

pjjrfan
03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I liked his defense, he hustled, the refs gave him at least one bad foul and fouls really hampered him as the game wore on. However, the fact that he can't seem to finish at the rim and he couldn't handle double teams really frustrates me. OK I'll give him that without playing regularly the double teams might have confused him but he missed a couple of gimmes and Blair wasn't any better.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2011, 06:44 PM
He missed one gimme that I saw, which is two fewer than Blair missed. The difference is Blair didn't get benched for it.

spurtech09
03-24-2011, 09:33 PM
splitter should of played in the fourth quarter

Calispursfan11
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
is it just me, or does it seem like Splitter is almost always on the floor at the end of a play?

I agree. He totally is on almost every play.

Dr. Gonzo
03-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Popazit is a horrible coach.

duncan228
03-24-2011, 10:39 PM
..."Nobody expects me to score 25 points,” said Splitter, expected to start at center as long as Duncan is out. “That’s not my game.”

..."I’m not 100 percent in game shape,” said Splitter, who is averaging 11 minutes, 41 seconds per appearance. “It takes time and a couple games to be in shape.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/24/bonner-not-worried-about-shooting-slump/

moisaenz
03-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Pop made a mistake taking splitter out.. obviously he was getting double teamed and he got lost... but that opened up lanes to the basket. Blair and Bonner are horrible together defensively and offensively when the threes arent falling and Blair is going against guys like Nene and Martin for offensive rebounds...Pop should have played McDyess and Splitter until they fouled out....