PDA

View Full Version : Spurs I think are going to be underdogs

dbreiden83080
06-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Based on what i am reading and hearing from the jackasses in the media people seem to think it is a forgone conclusion that the heat are going to the finals and winning it all. I really don't why that is. Shaq has not been Shaq the whole playoffs and he is not going to be, his diagnosis with the thigh injury is it's not going to get any better until the offseason. We match up well with either one the west is still stronger than the east and they took care of business we have the championship experience we should be the favorites.

Xolotl
06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah but it will be agains the Pistons. Since Wade got messed up last night. I think you should be underdogs to the defending champs. Makes it better when you beat em

CosmicCowboy
06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure who you are listening to...the consensus on TNT last night was that "those boys from San Antonio" could beat either team...

1Parker1
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
UNDERDOGS???! Have you guys been living in a box the past two days?? All I am reading is postive articles on how Spurs manage to get the best internation talent in the NBA, how Duncan is the best player in the game, how great Pop is, how their may be a dynasty if/when we win this year, how this is our 3rd trip to the finals in 7 years, etc.

.........Not that I am complaining or saying it's not true, but we are definitely not considered underdogs. Many people believe that we are going to win it all this year.

ducks
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
I think vegas will disagreee with you

wade and shaq not 100% would be hard to bet for the heat

Xolotl
06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure who you are listening to...the consensus on TNT last night was that "those boys from San Antonio" could beat either team...

Yeah but the guys on ESPN thought the Suns would win game 5 and look what that got them.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I actually heard on the radio that whoever from the east gets through will beat San Antonio because of the matchups. I don't agree but a little concerned.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-03-2005, 03:56 PM
The Spurs would be the favorites if both of these teams were healthy, but as it stands there's a good chance that both are going to be pretty banged up after a lengthy, physical series. If this thing goes seven the Spurs odds are looking better and better.

SWC Bonfire
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I think vegas will disagreee with you

wade and shaq not 100% would be hard to bet for the heat

Money talks and you know what walks.

ESPN guys are trying to drum up ratings. If they said what they all think, that SA will crush Miami, or beat Detroit, they would run off the casual viewers and get in trouble with the advertizing dept.

None of those guys not named Screaming Asshole Smith would bet the farm on who came out of the east, I assure you.

Xolotl
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I actually heard on the radio that whoever from the east gets through will beat San Antonio because of the matchups. I don't agree but a little concerned.

Miami I'm not too afraid of anymore b/c of the injuries theyve been suffering. But anybody including Spurs fans that think it's going to be easy like it used to be against the Eastern Conference has another thing coming. Detroit is a team that scares the hell out of me b/c they create matchup problems. Especially that point guard matchup. I think Billips will absolutely abuse Parker b/c of his size.

nkdlunch
06-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Only Vegas tells who the real favorite is. trust me Spurs will not be underdogs there.

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I would rather go into the finals as underdogs...I don't want any jackasses to assume that we will win the finals automatically.

Jimcs50
06-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Spurs are favorites in Vegas....nuff said.

Jimcs50
06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Up to date odds for winning championship:

Detroit Pistons 13-2

Miami Heat 13-5

San Antonio Spurs 1-2

This means that you have to bet $200 to win $100 on SA.

That is the worst odds since Chicago's 5th championship.

I think I am going to bet $500 on Miami to win. That way, eithet I get happy for my Spurs and I only lose $500, or I win $1300 and I go buy some new golf clubs or something to occupy my thoughts this Summer, and soften the blow.

:)

Xolotl
06-03-2005, 04:21 PM
You gambling degenerate, is that what those numbers mean :lol

nkdlunch
06-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Up to date odds for winning championship:

Detroit Pistons 13-2

Miami Heat 13-5

San Antonio Spurs 1-2

This means that you have to bet $200 to win $100 on SA.

That is the worst odds since Chicago's 5th championship.

I think I am going to bet $500 on Miami to win. That way, eithet I get happy for my Spurs and I only lose $500, or I win $1300 and I go buy some new golf clubs or something to occupy my thoughts this Summer, and soften the blow.

there u go

Jimcs50
06-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I could not get myself to bet on Miami.

Xolotl
06-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I could not get myself to bet on Miami.

Wonder what the odds are now that Wade is hurt for them just to make it to the Championship

slayermin
06-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I think it's about half and half from what I have read and heard from the so-called anaylysts. Many have picked the Spurs to win it all.

We have homecourt advantage which is huge. I love the 2-3-2 format. Hopefully the Spurs will take care of business the first two games at home. But if they don't, we all know they can win on the road.

Coming back for the last two in SA is a very cool scenario.

Sense
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
They always are.....

And it's really nothing new...

Who cares!

Jimcs50
06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
They always are.....

And it's really nothing new...

Who cares!

Read posts above. THEY ARE NOT UNDERDOGS!!!!

Tek_XX
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Let's clear some things up here. Most will pick the Spurs to win, many will HOPE the Heat/Pistons win. The likes of Stephan A Smith will give there right arm to keep the Spurs from winning, so don't be surprised who they pick.