PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if Novak was inserted into the lineup?

TE
03-24-2011, 03:33 AM
How good do you think the team would be on the defensive and offensive side of the ball?

imo, if Novak took Bonner's minutes the team would not drop off on the offensive end. From observation, Novak seems to be a slightly better on ball defender. If Pop were to give Novak more minutes he would get a better overall assessment of Novak's defensive ability. Bonner on the other hand looks like a fish out of water when left one on one against a SF or PF.

Novak looks to be more of a pure shooter than Bonner, with more defined form, quicker release, and better everything.

It's painful to see Pop's inability to experiment with the lineup while Timmy is out. :bang

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 03:35 AM
he might hit one of his 5 threes or so, unlike BONER! He is utter trash! I am sick of him lol, sorry had to say that one time more tonight before I hit the sack.

chazley
03-24-2011, 05:06 AM
he might hit one of his 5 threes or so, unlike BONER! He is utter trash! I am sick of him lol, sorry had to say that one time more tonight before I hit the sack.

Sean Cagney, we get it. You're a clueless Spurs fans who thinks Bonner is trash. You're baseless bashing of Bonner on every post is getting old.

chazley
03-24-2011, 05:28 AM
How good do you think the team would be on the defensive and offensive side of the ball?

If Novak played every game instead of Bonner, we'd be 82-0. We were lucky the Clippers/Rockets/Mavs were such huge dumbasses and we were able to pick up the next great white hope off the free agent wire this late in the season.

Just thought I'd summarize every response that comes after mine.

20beastie45
03-24-2011, 05:36 AM
If Novak played every game instead of Bonner, we'd be 82-0. We were lucky the Clippers/Rockets/Mavs were such huge dumbasses and we were able to pick up the next great white hope off the free agent wire this late in the season.

Just thought I'd summarize every response that comes after mine.

your so serious all the time....looking for the joker

NOT SURE IF SERIOUS!!!!

spurs50_
03-24-2011, 06:43 AM
not bashing bonner, but i do think novak is a better shooter.

Whisky Dog
03-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Bonner is a great shooter... in no pressure situations like practice and games against the league trash.

I don't know if Novak can hit a pressure 3 or not, but it's worth a shot to find out.

boutons_deux
03-24-2011, 09:53 AM
We know Matt can't hit in big games, might as well try Novak. He really can't be worse than Matty. Novak seems to more aware of what's going on than Matt.

I really can't believe Matt and Splitter still try the hands-straight-up picket-fence shot-blocking defense. gotdam it's dumb and ineffective.

"Ok, just stand there while I shoot over you, thanks"

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Novak can makes 3s, so I wouldn't mind playing him, but I hope people realize that he only played well because the other team didn't pay attention or know who he is:lol..he's a worse defender than Bonner, and he doesn't do anything else at an average level..

Neither of them are the solution..Spurs need to stop looking for Horry, and try to get Oberto/Nazr..

ajballer4
03-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Most people dont realize, Novak is NOT a four. He is a 3. So playing him at the four would be small ball. Something everyone hates.

GabeIsGone
03-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Sean Cagney, we get it. You're a clueless Spurs fans who thinks Bonner is trash. You're baseless bashing of Bonner on every post is getting old.

???Really??? You really dont see any problem with Bonner's play or his role? Gimme some of the stuff you been smoking, its obviously better than the stuff i've been gettin.