PDA

View Full Version : CIA Pop tanking to get #2 seed

hater
03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
It is evident to the few of us in the intelligence community.

And it is the right thing to do. #1 seed gets the monstrocity that is OKC/Denver. #2 seed gets the mavericks.

:tu :tu :tu

so stop bitching. #2 seed might be the best thing that happens this season.

hater
03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
From today I am seriously rooting for Spurs to lose almost every game and get #2 seed. You should as well.

Mal
03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
So Duncan`s sprained ankle was part of plan ?

hater
03-24-2011, 09:04 AM
So Duncan`s sprained ankle was part of plan ?

shhh

in2deep
03-24-2011, 09:21 AM
I doubt Pop is tanking.

But I guess it's worth to consider the 2 options. Is home court vs. the Lakers that critical if it means we have to face such a tough 2nd round? Then again, Mavs are no cakewalk either.

IMO dropping to #2 seed is not such a bad thing as it is preceived in this forum. Pop's focus should be to fine tune lineup, get TD healthy and rest the players. Either #1 or #2 seed is fine with me.

alchemist
03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
yeah........i don't buy this for a fucking second. Not with Duncan/Manu publicly stating they want the #1 overall record.

silverblk mystix
03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
If this was true-it would be genius--because it would also give us the lakers vs. memphis ...

and memphis plays way above their heads against the lakers...

Andrew Cunanan
03-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Yes, tanking away HCA after playing great ball for 70 games is just what the doctor ordered.

Budkin
03-24-2011, 10:28 AM
It is evident to the few of us in the intelligence community.

And it is the right thing to do. #1 seed gets the monstrocity that is OKC/Denver. #2 seed gets the mavericks.

:tu :tu :tu

so stop bitching. #2 seed might be the best thing that happens this season.

No way in hell. With the home record that we have, HCA is one of the only things giving us a chance to win it all. It'll be tough to beat the Lakers regardless, but without HCA against them we are fucked.

ohmwrecker
03-24-2011, 10:32 AM
You didn't really think this through, didjya?

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2011, 10:43 AM
i dont care what seed we get man, if you wanna be the best, you outta beat the best

DeadlyDynasty
03-24-2011, 11:13 AM
No way in hell. With the home record that we have, HCA is one of the only things giving us a chance to win it all. It'll be tough to beat the Lakers regardless, but without HCA against them we are fucked.

Rummpd
03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Mavs still better than the Thunder. LOL all those who fear the single single wonder that is Perkins!

NRHector
03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Pop is a dumbass

Budkin
03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Here's why we need HCA against LA:

Most likely they are going to win at least one game in SA, and we can win one in LA. If they have HCA though and win one on our floor, we'll need to win 2 on theirs and I just don't see that happening.

LakaFan
03-24-2011, 02:50 PM
So he is tanking to ensure a second round exit. Makes sense imho

TheManFromAcme
03-24-2011, 02:57 PM
shhh

:lol

SpurYank
03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Learned quite a few years ago that sooner or later some dumb thread would appear here. You guys have never failed to do this. This thread is an example. Thought maybe all the guilty ones had moved on. Nope, you're still around.

phxspurfan
03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Here's why we need HCA against LA:

Most likely they are going to win at least one game in SA, and we can win one in LA. If they have HCA though and win one on our floor, we'll need to win 2 on theirs and I just don't see that happening.

I can see it now...blowout loss, then parade tot eh FT line in the deciding Laker home game...Lakers take 50 FTs

crc21209
03-24-2011, 04:31 PM
no way in hell. With the home record that we have, hca is one of the only things giving us a chance to win it all. It'll be tough to beat the lakers regardless, but without hca against them we are fucked.

+1.

03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Honestly, I'm more worried about the grizzlies than the thunder.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Learned quite a few years ago that sooner or later some dumb thread would appear here. You guys have never failed to do this. This thread is an example. Thought maybe all the guilty ones had moved on. Nope, you're still around.

Yeah, sooner or later. I guess it was inevitable that within the confines of this hallowed bastion of intelligent conversation, someone would eventually post something stupid.

4>0rings
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
No, Pop's not tanking. He's just that stupid.

spurtech09
03-24-2011, 09:40 PM
well it sucks that duncan hurt his ankle but if spurs start losing alot of games thats ok with me....even if the spurs lose all of the remaining games on the schedule spurs are still going to make the play-offs...I rather have a healthy duncan than a hurt duncan.....home court or not spurs are going to win it all....

TE
03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
You know how 90% of this CIA pop shit is convincing? Having Bonner out on the court when the game is on the line.

It's literally like giving a game away to an opponent.

spurtech09
03-24-2011, 09:45 PM
true if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.....thats what the play offs is all about....who cares about the what seed the spurs get....I want to see the spurs play the best....to see how good the spurs are....

Sean Cagney
03-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Man playing Dallas and then LA isn't something to tank for! Dallas is very tough and our rivals, win it or not that will be a long hard series there! NO! Thats not a good move! No tanking there, if they lose it then so be it, but tanking for #2? LOL yeah sure.
true if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.....thats what the play offs is all about....who cares about the what seed the spurs get....I want to see the spurs play the best....to see how good the spurs are....

HC throughout is huge BRO! This is not the years the Suns get it and we go there and beat them! LA is a different demon to deal with, without HC it will BE VERY TOUGH to beat them. Finals I could care less if the Spurs make it, the 2-3-2 actually favors you bigtime if you steal of the first two! Thats hard to overcome for the home team IMO and road then is fine.

hater
03-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Pop. CIA Pop

:smokin

4>0rings
03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Pop is SUCH a fucking horrible coach, Spur fan reaching saying Pop wants the #2 seed.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

hater
03-28-2011, 09:55 PM
CIA Pop. watch and learn

Caeman
03-28-2011, 09:55 PM
fucking morons. Pop needs to go. Motherfucker doesn't know how to coach.

Bito Corleone
03-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Tanking their way right into having to face Memphis in the first round because NO is terrible and there is no way they don't drop to 8th.

DMC
03-28-2011, 10:08 PM
pop is a rich dumbass with 4 rings and a coty award, about to be two.

fify

GrandeDavid
03-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Mavs still better than the Thunder. LOL all those who fear the single single wonder that is Perkins!

Exactly! Okla-who-ma?

ATXSPUR
03-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Fuck My Life!!!!!

All that work all season and watch us fuck away HCA. LA is gonna push our shit in come playoff time.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Nobody is tanking, horrible games at the end and Bonner in some times when he should not be etc. etc. ! There is NO TRYING TO LOSE they are just losing right now and it's not even funny anymore. Who the fukk is scared of OKC? Would you rather play Dallas? FUKK NO get real they are rivals and bring their all. If they play Dallas in round two they sure could be home early, not saying they WILL LOSE but Dallas is a very good team as well.

duncan228
03-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Buck Harvey: Instead of the panic button, Popovich hits refresh (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/28/buck-harvey-instead-of-the-panic-button-popovich-hits-refresh/)
Buck Harvey

Richard Jefferson, the only starter left standing, came into the locker room before the game in a playful mood. He kicked a large, plastic exercise ball across the room at a couple of teammates.

Be careful not to hurt anyone else, someone kidded him.

“No one’s hurt,” he said, smiling. “They’re all faking.”

Then he kicked the ball again.

Jefferson was joking, naturally, but there was some truth in what he said. According to those who know, all of the Spurs could have suited up Monday if this had been the playoffs.

But Gregg Popovich weighed how effective they would have been, and what they had just gone through, and he made the kind of decision he’s made before.

In doing so, he relieved stress instead of adding to it.

Keep reading... (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/28/buck-harvey-instead-of-the-panic-button-popovich-hits-refresh/)

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/28/buck-harvey-instead-of-the-panic-button-popovich-hits-refresh/

TampaDude
03-29-2011, 12:26 AM
http://www.fuzzyfive.com/wp-content/uploads/CIA-logo.jpg

Budkin
03-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Getting the second seed would be the worst move ever. We'd have to play Memphis and then face the Lakers without home court if we even made it that far. NO is going to drop into 8th by the time the Playoffs start.

hater
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
:lmao now you gonna deny CIA POP is tanking?

Pop left Bonner in for the entire 4th quarter of regulation and start of OT :lol he dont give a fuck anymore, about being subtle