PDA

View Full Version : Should the NBA punish the Knicks

hater
03-24-2011, 08:49 AM
for creating the monstrocity that is the Denver Nuggets???

Are these motherfuckers in the New York front office serious??? Fucking Isiah :bang

trading 3 future allstars for a team cancer :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Imagine we traded Mandrew for Carmelo:lol..

hater
03-24-2011, 09:12 AM
the New York Knicks front office:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g2cgQd34do4/SKQu5FUF0HI/AAAAAAAAABQ/aTWElmxklv4/s400/Monkey_Office_1A.jpg

The Gemini Method
03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Stephen A. Smith, while not always the most intellectual of sports people, made a good point that the Knicks went with two offense over defense star players in conference where the defensive end is paramount. You have the likes of Thibedeau, the Celtics, and even the Heat--all good defensive teams. The Knicks definitely need a efw more pieces, but I'm not sure they'll find the defensive anchor (like D.Howard) any time soon. I say, give them a full year under the system and if it doesn't work--get rid of D'Antoni and bring in someone with a more defensive minded approach.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Building a team is usually a process, Gasol trade and the Celtics/Heat getting multiple superstars at once not-withstanding.

I guess I'm the only one who remembers the Knicks weren't a good team before they made the trade? It's going to take a lot of time, and probably a couple years of finding good pieces to go with Melo and Amare before you see significant results.

Melo might also want to run back occasionally on defense.

Quit Hatin'
03-24-2011, 11:14 AM
They need a true center, which they can next year. Tyson Chandler will be a pretty good fit.

The Gemini Method
03-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Building a team is usually a process, Gasol trade and the Celtics/Heat getting multiple superstars at once not-withstanding.

I guess I'm the only one who remembers the Knicks weren't a good team before they made the trade? It's going to take a lot of time, and probably a couple years of finding good pieces to go with Melo and Amare before you see significant results.

Melo might also want to run back occasionally on defense.

It's the N.Y. State of Mind, really. They want things to happen in less than a second. Basically, starving for success to be returned to the MSG. They've been irrelevant since the peak of the Allan Houston/Jeff Van Gundy days. The Knicks have arguably been the worse sports franchise in that area with the Islanders, Nets, and pre-Rex Jets.

djohn2oo8
03-24-2011, 11:17 AM
No, they will get it together eventually. Even though New Yorkers will be impatient, they still have less pressure on them than Miami, who will be deemed a failure if they don't win each and every year

tlongII
03-24-2011, 11:22 AM
28-25 before the trade. 7-10 since. They were clearly a better team before.

LakeShow
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Stephen A. Smith, while not always the most intellectual of sports people, made a good point that the Knicks went with two offense over defense star players in conference where the defensive end is paramount. You have the likes of Thibedeau, the Celtics, and even the Heat--all good defensive teams. The Knicks definitely need a efw more pieces, but I'm not sure they'll find the defensive anchor (like D.Howard) any time soon. I say, give them a full year under the system and if it doesn't work--get rid of D'Antoni and bring in someone with a more defensive minded approach.

This.

Nobody in their right mind thought that the Knicks would be title contenders this season, with or without Carmelo because of their style of play.

The trade was a win for New York and will pay off in the future. The Knicks have to change their whole structure as a team. I am sure that they will fill a few gaps in the offseason and become contenders as soon as next season. Right now, they're pretenders...but so are the Spurs. :lol

Spur_Fanatic
03-24-2011, 02:51 PM
The Nuggets are not as good as they've shown yesterday.
They are just really motivated and with a huge chip off their shoulder after all the Melo drama left for good.

Seriously, even with the spanking they gave the Spurs yesterday, they now my 2nd fav team in the West easy.

baseline bum
03-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Haha, now they're getting cornholed by the Bobcats and on the verge of dropping 9 of their last 10. :rollin

san antonio spurs
03-26-2011, 07:42 PM
This.

Nobody in their right mind thought that the Knicks would be title contenders this season, with or without Carmelo because of their style of play.

The trade was a win for New York and will pay off in the future. The Knicks have to change their whole structure as a team. I am sure that they will fill a few gaps in the offseason and become contenders as soon as next season. Right now, they're pretenders...but so are the Spurs. :lol
It's going to be hard for any defensive minded coach when your two superstars are not committed to playing good defense.

DPG21920
03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Amare showing the start to the season gave him a littttttttttttle to much hype.

Red Hawk #21
03-26-2011, 10:27 PM

Smith is an idiot, I remember him demanding that the Knicks trade for Carmelo at all costs. Well, now they're 7-10 since he got his wish.

j.dizzle
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM
:lol 3 games below .500 in the eastern conference. Melo actually had a really good game today & they still got their ass kicked. When Amare is your best defensive big, you know you're pretty much screwed.

lefty
03-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Wow what a lack a patience shown by the Knicks FO

They had a nice, well balanced little team before the trade.

With more time and the addition of good veteran role players in the next offseason , they could have become a contender.

But it looks like it's Amare Stoudemire who is running the show in their FO

rayjayjohnson
03-27-2011, 01:49 AM
If melo stayed in Denver they wouldn't have gone 11 and 4 or whatever

ata
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
This.

Whoever traded young perspective PG for veteran PG in decline expected instant succes

Jelloisjigglin
03-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Amare showing the start to the season gave him a littttttttttttle to much hype.

"no one taught me defense" :lol

hater
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
bump

I was right once again. goddam whoever faces the Nuggs in the plaoffs is fucked. for real

hater
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
:lol knicks

that franchise needs to be banned from trades for at least 5 years

lefty
04-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Melo trade >>>>>> Gasol trade

DMC
04-03-2011, 06:22 PM
As soon as Mike D went to NY, I knew they were going to soon try to build up the 7 second offense. They saw how well the Suns did with it, relative to the records in the East, so they figured they could make it work. Defense is overrated, especially in the playoffs.

I also felt a sigh of relief when JR Smith went to the bench late in the 4th, no 40' heaves from him or silly fouls.

Keyser soze
04-03-2011, 10:33 PM
LOL, people are so reactionary and short-sighted.

The Knicks still easily won that trade. The Knicks have two great players and Denver has none. I will make a bet with anyone on here that the Knicks win a playoff series before the Nuggets do. Remember, star players are the hardest to get your hands on. You go get the all-stars first, then you go find the role-players to fill out your roster. That trade HAD to me made, from a Knick perspective. Give Carmelo, Amare, and Chauncey a full training camp to figure out how to play together. Then we'll see what's up.