PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Analysts- No Title for Mavs This Season

Axe Murderer
03-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I had the chance to see a columnist from the New York Times join Skip Bayless on that show called "1st and 10" today.

To begin the discussion, Bayless said he was impressed with what Avery had done but that this was a team built strictly for regular-season success. Doesn't trust Dirk when the game is on the line. Wishes he could put some of Stackhouse's killer instinct in Dirk. Said Mavs title or bust mentality predisposes them to failure.

The New York Times guy, some black fellow whose name escapes me, agreed emphatically. "Its the Suns year." He pointed to their recent OT win in Dallas as a turning point and suggested the same thing will happen in the playoffs. Reeling off seven straight (6-0 road trip) since losing to Phoenix while they have sputtered since was deemed not worthy of mention.

Bayless interjected that either way, it wouldn't matter because the Mavs can't beat the Spurs anyway.

Asked for what specifically he didn't like about the Mavs besides just loving the Suns, New York Times guy said that he agreed with Bayless and felt it was obvious that Dirk wasn't "as tough as" guys like Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudamire. He then said "Dirk is a great regular season player."

...all in all, downright dismissive of the little 60-11 squad that could. It was pretty interesting to see

hater
03-24-2011, 08:55 AM
at least my Mavs have great chance to get to WCF.

Since Spurs are tanking to get #2 seed it will be Spurs vs. Mavs 2nd round. Which is a series that easily could go either way.

Go Mavs!

sribb43
03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Mavs aren't title contenders but it has nothing to do with Dirk

Blake
03-24-2011, 10:33 AM
the new york times guy, some black fellow whose name escapes me, agreed emphatically. "its the suns year."

+1

ohmwrecker
03-24-2011, 10:39 AM
at least my Mavs have great chance to get to WCF.

Since Spurs are tanking to get #2 seed it will be Spurs vs. Mavs 2nd round. Which is a series that easily could go either way.

Go Mavs!

You seem very committed to this ridiculous premise.

Cane
03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
he agreed with Bayless and felt it was obvious that Dirk wasn't "as tough as" guys like Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudamire. He then said "Dirk is a great regular season player."

:deadhorse

mavsfan1000
03-24-2011, 10:50 AM
mavs aren't title contenders but it has nothing to do with dirk
+1

Fpoonsie
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Lulz.

You would think the last line would give you away. Nevertheless...

BUMP'S LEFT FOOT
03-24-2011, 11:07 AM
:lol 99% of his threads are just copy and pastes yet dumbasses fall for it every time

Blake
03-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't know how much his rushing to defend Tech helps, considering he's an axe murderer.

Axe Murderer
03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't know how much his rushing to defend Tech helps, considering he's an axe murderer.

Stop!

:cry it was bad enough the first time :cry