PDA

View Full Version : Mavs' Chandler wants a healthy Spurs team

tdunk21
03-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Mavs' Chandler wants a healthy Spurs team

http://www.projectspurs.com/2011-articles/march/mavs-chandler-wants-a-healthy-spurs-team.html

San Antonio Spurs fans held their collective breath at the sight of Tim Duncan clutching his ankle in the opening moments of the game against the Golden State Warriors this past week.

Fortunately for the Spurs, Duncan's sprain wasn't as bad as it looked and he will be out of action for possibly up to four or five games. Not to mention Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich plans on having Duncan back at the start of playoffs.

Enter Dallas Mavericks' Tyson Chandler.

Currently, the Mavericks are in the third spot in the Western Conference playoff race and should these two teams meet, it will likely be in the Western Conference Finals.

However, with Duncan recovering, Chandler said if Dallas does meet San Antonio in the playoffs, he wants to beat a fully healthy Spurs squad:

"I want to beat the Spurs and I want to beat the Spurs healthy. I don't want any crutch."

In the Western Conference standings, the Spurs hold a 7.5 game lead over the Mavericks and barring any major meltdown by San Antonio, Dallas will not catch San Antonio.

Chandler knows this but does say the injury to Duncan possibly changes things up in the West playoff race:

"It definitely has the possibility of changing things," Chandler admitted. "But I think, at this point of the year, we have to really concentrate on us. A lot of times you can get caught up in, 'Oh, San Antonio is going to fall' but, regardless of what happens, you have to be playing your best."

I can appreciate Chandler's point. Spurs fans would want the same from whichever team San Antonio faces in the first round. Not to mention erasing any doubt on which is the better team in the end.

But if Chandler wants to face the Spurs, and beat them, so be it. However, here are a few words of advice for Chandler -- be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

widowmaker
03-25-2011, 01:00 AM
I want a healthy spurs team going into the playoffs too!

DJ Mbenga
03-25-2011, 01:21 AM
im sure the spurs want a healthy butler.....

Fpoonsie
03-25-2011, 01:39 AM
I want a healthy spurs team going into the playoffs too!

:lol

chazley
03-25-2011, 02:19 AM
im sure the spurs want a healthy butler.....

I, personally, do want a healthy Caron.

So Dallas can have a chance against the Lakers.

But that won't happen.

Lakers vs Spurs in WCF is a near lock.

Sean Cagney
03-25-2011, 02:30 AM

But that won't happen.

Chill for now, first things first! We need HC now and then we need to make it there and they do too! Till then it's all heresay! Peace and GOD BLESS...

GO SPURS GO!

chazley
03-25-2011, 02:32 AM
The West playoffs are going to be exciting, but predictable. Sorry, but no one is beating the Spurs or Lakers until they meet each other.

admiralsnackbar
03-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Trans: Chandler can't wait to go on vacation.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
03-25-2011, 03:02 AM

jaffies
03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Sorry, but no one is beating the Spurs or Lakers until they meet each other.
Apologies, I normally don't respond to things like this (sober), but this is typical monday morning quarterback type stuff.
Do you really think the Spurs or the Lakers have this mindset?
Do you think the Spurs aren't gonna gameplan, or watch tape for the Grizz, Hornets, Denver, or Thunder because the WCF is on lock?
Do you think the Lakers, being a professional basketball club, would NOT play their starters all playoffs for the first 2 rounds because of this certainty you have in mind?
Are you 100% sure there won't be any injuries?
Are you sure Kobe will be injury-free? Much less Bynum, Ginobili, or Duncan?

If I were a world class, playoff experienced, title-contending NBA team with 16 championships or 4, I'd be worried about Friday's matchup vs. the Portland Trailblazers or the Clippers.

G-Dawgg
03-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Somebody's anxious for fishing season...

Big P
03-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Careful what you wish for....allas might get la in the 2nd if they make it.

easy7
03-25-2011, 07:09 AM
That's about right. It would be pretty shitty for him to say that he wants a Spurs team depleted with injuries.

ChuckD
03-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Chandler thinks Dallas is getting past the Lakers? crofl.

SenorSpur
03-25-2011, 08:52 AM
The "one and done" boys shouldn't be looking down the road. Rather, they should be more concerned with trying to get past whatever first round opponent they face.

Strategic
03-25-2011, 09:01 AM
These folks talked about how washed up TD is this year and now he's an important part of the team. If he was so washed up then wasn't it the rest of the Spurs who kicked the Mavs' asses all the way to Amarillo this year?

TFloss32
03-25-2011, 09:05 AM
The Spurs and Mavs have already played their last game.

SenorSpur
03-25-2011, 09:11 AM
The Spurs and Mavs have already played their last game.

:tu

clambake
03-25-2011, 09:11 AM
chandler is new. he doesn't see the wall they're about to hit.

silverblk mystix
03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Apologies, I normally don't respond to things like this (sober), but this is typical monday morning quarterback type stuff.
Do you think the Spurs aren't gonna gameplan, or watch tape for the Grizz, Hornets, Denver, or Thunder because the WCF is on lock?
Do you think the Lakers, being a professional basketball club, would NOT play their starters all playoffs for the first 2 rounds because of this certainty you have in mind?

If I were a world class, playoff experienced, title-contending NBA team with 16 championships or 4, I'd be worried about Friday's matchup vs. the Portland Trailblazers or the Clippers.

Co-signing this post.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Spurs-Thunder is going to be a lot longer series than people think, imho.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-25-2011, 01:02 PM

What do you see for Mavs/Lakers? Lakers in 6?

alchemist
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
grizz >>>> thunder

alchemist
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
chandler is new. he doesn't see the wall they're about to hit.
:lmao

jimo2305
03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
lol mavs.. these guys never cease to amaze / entertain me with their comments

phxspurfan
03-25-2011, 01:20 PM

We will crush the Thunder.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 01:21 PM
What do you see for Mavs/Lakers? Lakers in 6?

If the Lakers have HCA? 5
If not, 6.

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 01:26 PM
grizz >>>> thunder

No, especially sans Rudy Gay.

We will crush the Thunder.

This isn't the same Thunder team that SA has beaten earlier in the year. They have 2 great low post defenders (Perkins and Ibaka), a damn good perimeter defender (Sefolosha), the NBA scoring Champ, and an elite PG. Harden has also been beasting since they jettisoned Green.

Nobody's "crushing" the Thunder, not even the Lakers. Spurs in 7 over OKC would be my pick.

Remember, regular season means jackshit other than seeding, so don't put too much stock into it.

spursince#99
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
this dude gone die trying...smh i guess he has been around the jet too long...what a shame...

LakerHater
03-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Whats up with these Mavs players??

guzmangm
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Somebody's anxious for fishing season...

Ha, I was going to say he must of got a new boat.

rmt
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM

Agree. Anything (like injuries) can happen.

tmtcsc
03-25-2011, 05:17 PM

But that won't happen.

I love my Spurs but we're not a lock for anything. Not even the # 1 seed. I expect we're going to get an ass-whipping tonight but I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong. We're playing for the # 1 seed while our opponent has found a good rhythm and are fighting for good playoff positioning.

Not a good equation. Tim's presence, even with his career low numbers has meant a lot to this team. We need some players to really step up in his absence and start performing. Eh-hem...RJ, Hill, Splitter, Blair.

Cruising to the finish line is unacceptable. The Lakers are stomping their way to the number one seed if we don't start playing better.