PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans ranked as NBA’s most loyal for third straight year

namlook
03-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Congratulations.

For the third straight season, the New York-based Brand Keys Inc. have pegged Spurs fans as the most loyal in the NBA (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-21/phillies-pass-yankees-red-sox-to-become-no-1-mlb-team-in-fan-loyalty.html).
Bloomberg.com reports the rankings are generated by surveying 250 fans in each team’s market and assessing the data based on factors driven by on-field success, fan bonding with players and the franchise’s history and tradition. A club’s effort and sense of teamwork also can have an effect.
Here’s a list of how the group ranked the top five NBA franchises.

NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Dallas Mavericks
4. Boston Celtics
5. Phoenix Suns

hater
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
spurs = class

Chieflion
03-25-2011, 09:35 AM
In before congratulations for your 3-peat loyalty championship.

Sportcamper
03-25-2011, 10:26 AM
There are more fans cheering for the Lakers in the 2nd half of Spurs home games…There are thousands of people in San Antonio wearing Lakers jerseys & jackets…Clearly the people from Brand Keys have not watched a Lakers/Spurs game in years…:lol

TE
03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Fans of other fanbases, watch and learn!

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 10:36 AM
For all the complaints about the Laker fanbase being fairweather, it's nice to see we're in the top-2 of teams with the most loyalty. Granted, those in the lower sections of Staples (and I've had maybe 5 games in that area...) have no idea what loyalty really is.

Congrats Spurs on your title once again...

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 10:47 AM
spurs = class

This can't be emphasized enough, imo.

Sportcamper
03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Congrats Spurs on your title once again...

Maybe even hang a banner on this one...:lmao

Ditty
03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
There are more fans cheering for the Lakers in the 2nd half of Spurs home games…There are thousands of people in San Antonio wearing Lakers jerseys & jackets…Clearly the people from Brand Keys have not watched a Lakers/Spurs game in years…:lol

Lol I've been to both lakers games this year vs the spurs, and about every fan were either young boys or girls, who just go with the crowd or whoever they hear on tv,it was so funny reminded me of john cena in the wwe.

Axe Murderer
03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
The true show of loyalty is Mav fans, who still support that team

:rollin

wouldn't know that by reading this site. seems as almost every Mavfan except for Ghazi is saying :cry 1st round exit here we come :cry without even knowing who we play

ALVAREZ6
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Coming from a dude who's lived most of his life just outside Philly, their ranking for the Phillies is PURE BULLSHIT :lol . What a joke having them #1, yeah, they're the most loyal NOW that they're winning and have the most dominant pitching lineup in the league. People just like to support good teams, and tailgate...baseball. There you have it.

When I was younger, no one gave a shit about the Phillies, except the true fans. When I say no one, I mean compared to the amount today, because maybe there were a good amount before, but just 5 years ago (roughly), no one cared for the Phils in my HS..crofl, they became a solid team, and now literally everyone is a Phillies fan (except me), even those that never cared for baseball! It's pretty amusing, and extremely annoying at the same time because all the dumb broads who know nothing about sports are all on the Phillies cock, and the same can be said for most of the guys.

Funny

Axe Murderer
03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Realistically I know we aren't going anywhere but I still watch the retarded team in hopes of a miracle

Nobody closes us out Tyson.

Nobody.

Venti Quattro
03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought Lakers fans were the worst fans..

ALVAREZ6
03-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I thought Lakers fans were the worst fans..

Well this isn't necessarily false..I just explained why these lists may be a crock of shit :lol

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Boston Red Sox: 3 of 30
Boston Celtics: 4 of 30
Boston Bruins: (tied for) 4 of 30
New England Patriots: 1 of 32

ALVAREZ6
03-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Boston Red Sox: 3 of 30
Boston Celtics: 4 of 30
Boston Bruins: (tied for) 4 of 30
New England Patriots: 1 of 32

Lots of good franchises in Boston :tu

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Yup, it was a good decade last year.

Now, if you had done this poll in the 90's... well, the Red Sox would still be there. Maybe the Bruins.

ALVAREZ6
03-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Even on tha court we stay flyyy, Jada and A.I., make sho you go get the A fiiives

damn...I wish I still had my 2 old ballin ass pairs of A5s

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Things to do: Cliche, I know, but I would definitely like to catch an L.A. team playing against the Red Sox @ Fenway Park.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Things to do: Cliche, I know, but I would definitely like to catch an L.A. team playing against the Red Sox @ Fenway Park.

You should go sometime, Fenway Park is great. And there's a ton to do in the surrounding area.

I already went and saw Wrigley Field, caught a Cubs game that they won in the 14th on a grand slam by Soriano. Didn't get to see Yankee field before they build a new one though.

Last professional game I caught by one of my teams was seeing the Pats get demolished by the Saints in the Dome.

The 4cc Dictionary
03-25-2011, 11:43 AM
the south oklahoma mavericks still exist?

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 11:49 AM
You should go sometime, Fenway Park is great. And there's a ton to do in the surrounding area.

I already went and saw Wrigley Field, caught a Cubs game that they won in the 14th on a grand slam by Soriano. Didn't get to see Yankee field before they build a new one though.

Last professional game I caught by one of my teams was seeing the Pats get demolished by the Saints in the Dome.

Most definitely will do so...probably during the summer months as I've heard that's the best time to catch a early evening tilt.

I used to think that we didn't have history in L.A., but if anyone's out in the L.A. area, Dodger Stadium is definitely a great place to catch a game during the Spring. There is always tons of eye candy and if you listen to Vin on the old Shures...it's just immaculate.

I've been to ARCO in Sacramento, AT&T Park (My favorite...), NHK Stadium, and Safeco Park--all of which were awesome experiences.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Most definitely will do so...probably during the summer months as I've heard that's the best time to catch a early evening tilt.

I used to think that we didn't have history in L.A., but if anyone's out in the L.A. area, Dodger Stadium is definitely a great place to catch a game during the Spring. There is always tons of eye candy and if you listen to Vin on the old Shures...it's just immaculate.

I've been to ARCO in Sacramento, AT&T Park (My favorite...), NHK Stadium, and Safeco Park--all of which were awesome experiences.

Try to catch a day game if you go; better atmosphere, and then win or lose you can leave the stadium and still have plenty to do.

Last game I caught was in 2007, we crushed the Twins 17-5 or so, Beckett was pitching and Youk hit a homer. (Or, as they say in Boston, a homah.)

I definitely wouldn't mind catching a game in Dodger Stadium. The only three I've been to are Fenway, Wrigley and Camden Yards.

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Try to catch a day game if you go; better atmosphere, and then win or lose you can leave the stadium and still have plenty to do.

Last game I caught was in 2007, we crushed the Twins 17-5 or so, Beckett was pitching and Youk hit a homer. (Or, as they say in Boston, a homah.)

I definitely wouldn't mind catching a game in Dodger Stadium. The only three I've been to are Fenway, Wrigley and Camden Yards.

Yeah, I was thinking a day game would probably be better. There is so much in Boston that would be interesting to experience. Man, I need to find time to go travel again.

I am going to Petco Park on April 9th for a Dodger vs. Padres game. For a modern stadium, Petco Park is amazing. It's really nestled nicely into the skyline of Downtown San Diego. I went last year and it was very nice to experience the park. It was a bit chilly, but still fun nonetheless.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I've gotta get out to visit San Diego one day. It's on the list next to Vegas, Paris, Galapagos islands etc etc :)

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I've gotta get out to visit San Diego one day. It's on the list next to Vegas, Paris, Galapagos islands etc etc :)

Just came back from Vegas. It was fun last week for the opening weekend of March Madness (It's our annual trip...). Good to see and meet people from all the way out from Storrs, CT and the like. Way too many cute girls and that is why Vegas is always so hard to go to when you are in a relationship lol. But, it is nice in March--not too warm, not too cold.

Paris and the Galapagos Islands sound nice. I've been to most of Asia and the West Coast. I definitely would like to visit Europe one of these days and perhaps Brazil and Chile.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2011, 12:46 PM
:lol This is the only title the Spurs are going to win this year:lol..

Lakers don't care about meaningless polls and awards like this..all we do is win rings, we don't cRe about anything else..although it is nice to finish ahead of those Boston assholes:lol..can't wait to meet them in the Finals..

BTW, where are the Heat on this list??..haha, Lebron can't put asses in the seats, while Kobe's team is #2 in the poll..fans respect hard work, foot work, dedication, killer instinct and rings, of course, that's all that counts..

Spur_Fanatic
03-25-2011, 12:49 PM
60% of Lakers fans are former Bulls fans.
Faggots don't disappear, they migrate.

Findog
03-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Most loyal to what? Their favorite chain restaurants?

cheguevara
03-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Most loyal to what? Their favorite chain restaurants?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

stop it! :rollin :rollin :rolli :rollin

Findog
03-25-2011, 01:26 PM
stop it! :rollin :rollin :rolli :rollin

See white guys drive like this, and black guys drive like this....

cheguevara
03-25-2011, 01:27 PM
See white guys drive like this, and black guys drive like this....

:lmao :lmao

another classic!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Findog
03-25-2011, 01:27 PM
:lmao :lmao

another classic!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What's up with airline peanuts?

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Just came back from Vegas. It was fun last week for the opening weekend of March Madness (It's our annual trip...). Good to see and meet people from all the way out from Storrs, CT and the like. Way too many cute girls and that is why Vegas is always so hard to go to when you are in a relationship lol. But, it is nice in March--not too warm, not too cold.

I've got some friends stationed out there, want to see them before they have to PCS. But having kids kinda gets in the way of that.

Paris and the Galapagos Islands sound nice. I've been to most of Asia and the West Coast. I definitely would like to visit Europe one of these days and perhaps Brazil and Chile.

There's a package deal that includes the Galapagos Islands, a trip to the Amazon, and then a hike up Machu Picchu that my wife and I want to take. Due to the prohibitive cost though, we figure we won't actually be able to afford it until all the kids are grown and out of the house... say, 20 years from now. :lol

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Glad I'm in the military though... seen a bunch of places I'd never see without it, Dubai probably being the nicest.

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
I've got some friends stationed out there, want to see them before they have to PCS. But having kids kinda gets in the way of that.

There's a package deal that includes the Galapagos Islands, a trip to the Amazon, and then a hike up Machu Picchu that my wife and I want to take. Due to the prohibitive cost though, we figure we won't actually be able to afford it until all the kids are grown and out of the house... say, 20 years from now. :lol

Guess there is truth to the addage, "Travel before you marry and/or have kids..." :lol

Hopefully you'll get to venture out before they're in college and you may have to float them enough money to by a year's worth of Top Ramen.

DontStopBelieving
03-25-2011, 01:33 PM
we classy tbh

DeadlyDynasty
03-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Glad I'm in the military though... seen a bunch of places I'd never see without it, Dubai probably being the nicest.

You go to the Burj Dubai? The new Tower of Babel:lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2f/Burj_Khalifa_building.jpg

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 01:45 PM
You go to the Burj Dubai? The new Tower of Babel:lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2f/Burj_Khalifa_building.jpg

Walked in for a few moments to the bottom floor. Pretty awesome, but that wasn't even the coolest thing.

The coolest thing (no pun intended) was the place in the mall where you could go skiiing/snowboarding.

Yes, that's right, skiiing/snowboarding in the damn MALL.

Their waterpark, Wild Wadi, was badass too.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Guess there is truth to the addage, "Travel before you marry and/or have kids..." :lol

DEFINITELY. Though maybe I'll get lucky on my next assignment and get out to Europe. I'm trying.

Hopefully you'll get to venture out before they're in college and you may have to float them enough money to by a year's worth of Top Ramen.

Only 8 more years til retirement... that should help too. :)

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 01:58 PM
DEFINITELY. Though maybe I'll get lucky on my next assignment and get out to Europe. I'm trying.

Only 8 more years til retirement... that should help too. :)

Good shit about the retirement part of the equation. I remember how my great-uncle used to tell us about how he would postpone his retirement from the Air Force and how they would keep asking him to come back and train after WWII in various locales around the world.

yavozerb
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM

Guess you didnt read the article...They keyword you missed is loyal fans. Most Laker fans already have a spurs jersey and probably are in the process of getting bulls or Heat jerseys so they can bandwagon whoever the eventual champion is..

The Gemini Method
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Guess you didnt read the article...They keyword you missed is loyal fans. Most Laker fans already have a spurs jersey and probably are in the process of getting bulls or Heat jerseys so they can bandwagon whoever the eventual champion is..

Personally, I have a Derek Rose Laker Jersey custom made...along with a D.Howard Laker jersey...I cannot fathom wearing another team's jersey. That is foul. Just like I'd imagine many of your Spurs fans wouldn't rock a Mav or Laker jersey. Ride and Die 4 LA tbh, fwiw.

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Kool would say you are a complete fucking loser if the military was your only way of traveling the world. What kind of idiot would risk going to war just to travel. Seems you never left the Dark Ages behind... is what Kool would say.

Coming from someone who can't afford to pay a $500 bet, I'm pretty sure I've traveled more than Kool.

And I didn't join the military to travel the world. But it's a nice perk.

Spur_Fanatic
03-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Kool is a 16 year old wigger named Kevin. That's how much his opinion matters. :D

LnG, navyman?

LnGrrrR
03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Kool is a 16 year old wigger named Kevin. That's how much his opinion matters. :D

LnG, navyman?

Active duty AF :toast

The Reckoning
03-25-2011, 03:23 PM

cali implants dont count.

also, it says "Spurs fans" not "ratio of people in San Antonio who are Spurs fans"

The Reckoning
03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
dubai's bankrupt. all that nice shit is going to be knocked down in 10 years or less.

cheguevara
03-25-2011, 03:25 PM
dubai's bankrupt. all that nice shit is going to be knocked down in 10 years or less.

that's probably the same shit Dubayans say about America.

The Reckoning
03-25-2011, 03:33 PM
that's probably the same shit Dubayans say about America.

uh no not really.