PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with Pop?

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Manu/Dice/Tiago/Bonner with Steve Novak inbounding. What the Fuck Pop. WHAT THE FUCK.

Creation88
03-25-2011, 11:18 PM
fucking retarded fuck. bonheads all around. fucking pathetic

alchemist
this is on tony and manu

Amuseddaysleeper
Blair in crunch time?

Pop winning COY would be a disgrace to the award right now, unbelievable the lineups he's putting out there.

WeNeedLength
03-25-2011, 11:19 PM
What a fucking total waste of a game. FML for watching this shit 4th quarter...

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Bullshit, it's on Popovich. He ran smallball for virtually the entire fourth quarter and wonders why the Spurs couldn't defend, then he put Steve Novak in to inbound the ball? Seriously, he's a fucking drunk idiot.

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Wow.

Cane
Parker was pretty terrible though tbh.

ElNono
They ate right through a 10 point lead in like 2 mins... then we got some distance again and we really gave the game to them... I still don't understand Novak inbounding the ball

jag
03-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Novak inbounding the ball was straight out of a Spurs comedy routine.

Marco
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Phil will eat Pop alive.

pjjrfan
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Tony, Manu and Pop made sure we lost this game. 34 seconds the ball and a 4 pt lead and we give it away.

SpursChampsIII
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Pop, Parker, Manu fuk up a second consecutive game. Get your stupid fvkin heads out of your stupid fvkin asses. Give me a mother fvkin break.

jag
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey, i got an idea. Splitter's played great all game and arguably outplayed Aldridge.... so let's take him outa the game and put Blair on him.

What the fuck?

Quiet Strength
03-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Wow what a damn pathetic loss.. poor coaching.. bone head plays.. the spurs deserved to lose the way they did. The spurs were just handing portland the ball and begging them to win the game.

td4mvp21
03-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Phil will eat Pop alive.

:tu

Can't wait for him to bendover like a bitch per usual against Phil :rollin

TIMMYD!
Tony, Manu and Pop made sure we lost this game. 34 seconds the ball and a 4 pt lead and we give it away.

With that kind of lead any other team in the league could have won.

Mugen
PopApologists get in here right now and bite the fucking curb.

jag
Phil will eat Pop alive.

Nate Mac just took a massive dump all over Pop.

toki9
03-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Manu/Dice/Tiago/Bonner with Steve Novak inbounding. What the Fuck Pop. WHAT THE FUCK.

That's a completely bizarro lineup. WTF? It's the opposite of micro-ball.

boutons_deux
03-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Tony had bad face tonight. One of those faces that says he really isn't in the game. Almost like he's on some anti-depressant pill, zombie'd, no intensity, or alertness.

alchemist
03-25-2011, 11:28 PM
PopApologists get in here right now and bite the fucking curb.
:lol pop made tp/gino play like rookies the last minute

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:29 PM
LMAO @ tiago not seeing the court until .9 left in the game.....

LMAO @ going super big lineup on offense and then ultra small on defense....

What a fucking joke this coach has become.

TFloss32
03-25-2011, 11:30 PM
The biggest question mark is we had nobody guarding the rim with .9 seconds left. The Blazers can do only one thing in this situation....how do you get fooled by a fake three-point attempt?

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 11:31 PM

Now he has an excuse not to play Splitter, because it's his fault that the Spurs lost the game now.

Mugen

crofl Manu got them that fucking lead in the first place and then pop shit on it by sticking with Blair too long and then being a dumbuck in the final .9 seconds.....

TP/Manu were atrocious in the clutch but Pop fucked us over.

Capt Bringdown

Pop's going with small ball too long + Utterly bizarre inbounds play with Novak >>>> Tony & Manu's choke jobs.

TFloss32
03-25-2011, 11:32 PM
pop just took a massive dump all over himself.

fify

Borosai
03-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Since Tim is out, maybe he feels like retiring already.

Marco
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Maybe Pop is just tanking?

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
2nd time this year Pop has trotted out that Ultra-Big joke lineup on a final play.....this coach used to be the best at designing last second plays....and has a clutch player with a quick release like Gary Neal and leaves him on the bench......

jag
03-25-2011, 11:36 PM
I want to know whose dick Tiago's gotta suck to get some respect on that bench. I want to know, damnit!

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Serious question Pop fans, whats the purpose of having Novak inbound the ball?

Only reasonable explanation is a flat out tank by Pop....

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 11:39 PM
2nd time this year Pop has trotted out that Ultra-Big joke lineup on a final play.....this coach used to be the best at designing last second plays....and has a clutch player with a quick release like Gary Neal and leaves him on the bench......

Myth.

it's me
03-25-2011, 11:39 PM
crofl Manu got them that fucking lead in the first place and then pop shit on it by sticking with Blair too long and then being a dumbuck in the final .9 seconds.....

+1 Blame both of them... but this is all on Pop..... stupid fucked up lineups, he probably wanted to actually lose the game.

Spursmania
03-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Bullshit, it's on Popovich. He ran smallball for virtually the entire fourth quarter and wonders why the Spurs couldn't defend, then he put Steve Novak in to inbound the ball? Seriously, he's a fucking drunk idiot.

I was so pissed yelling Pop thorough the tv:lol
I'm a little more calm now, but seriously, what the hell is up with his small ball bullshit all 4th. Goddayammm....

alchemist
03-25-2011, 11:42 PM

Spurs win this game if those 2 handle their shit, it's as simple as that.

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:43 PM
what else does Tiago have to do to earn a single meaningful minute in the 4th quarter?

Old School 44
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
.9 with the ball. At least get us to overtime! Novak inbounding the ball???
How in the hell do you throw the ball out of bounds with no one touching it?!?!?!

Damn, my grandma with her walker could have inbound the ball and at least got us to OT. Timmy on one ankle and from San Antonio could have at least got us to OT.

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM

Spurs go into overtime because those 2 didn't handle their shit.

Spurs lost the game because Pop couldnt handle his...

4>0rings
03-25-2011, 11:46 PM
How in the hell do you throw the ball out of bounds with no one touching it?!?!?!

Damn, my grandma with her walker could have inbound the ball and at least got us to OT. Timmy on one ankle and from San Antonio could have at least got us to OT.
Seriously, if Novak just throws the ball somewhere on the court, it goes to OT. :lmao

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 11:47 PM
How in the hell do you throw the ball out of bounds with no one touching it?!?!?

Pop loves setting his players up to fail. Not sure what he thinks that accomplishes.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 11:48 PM

No they go to overtime and have a chance if not for Pop.

alchemist
03-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Spurs go into overtime because those 2 didn't handle their shit.

Spurs lost the game because Pop couldnt handle his...
no, listen anything that happened before is irrelevant. Spurs had a lead with the ball, TO's cost them this game. enough said. :toast

No they go to overtime and have a chance if not for Pop.
whatever makes you feel better you keep on believing that.

Death In June
03-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Has Pop ever took responsibility for a loss? Ever? For a bad performance? For a single mistake? It's either his players fucked up or the other team 'made their shots.'

Obstructed_View
03-25-2011, 11:50 PM
The Spurs were tied before Pop put Novak in the game. What part of that do you fail to understand?

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:51 PM
as a fan of this team, i have to believe that tonight had to be a tank job by Pop.

I have to believe that to keep any type of faith in his coaching ability.

jag
03-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Seriously, if Novak just throws the ball somewhere on the court, it goes to OT. :lmao

:lol all he had to do was close his eyes and throw the ball at the court.

But that was too much to ask.

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:52 PM
no, listen anything that happened before is irrelevant. Spurs had a lead with the ball, TO's cost them this game. enough said. :toast

whatever makes you feel better you keep on believing that.

umm yeah the spurs had a lead. and then the TOs made it tied. and then Pop made it a loss....

which part are you having trouble with?

alchemist
03-25-2011, 11:53 PM
The Spurs were tied before Pop put Novak in the game. What part of that do you fail to understand?
that they were winning before "he put Novak in"

it's me
Has Pop ever took responsibility for a loss? Ever? For a bad performance? For a single mistake? It's either his players fucked up or the other team 'made their shots.'

:lol true :wakeup

Obstructed_View
as a fan of this team, i have to believe that tonight had to be a tank job by Pop.

I have to believe that to keep any type of faith in his coaching ability.

So did he tank in 2006 against the Mavs too? I guess he really wanted to get Tiago Splitter.

Booharv
03-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Its a good thing for Pop he plays in such a small market, if this game happened in New York he would get called out in like 9 different newspapers, talk radio, TV, etc.

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:00 AM
So did he tank in 2006 against the Mavs too? I guess he really wanted to get Tiago Splitter.

if i believe otherwise, then theres no point in cheering for this team during the playoffs and i'd like to have something to look forward to....

PopApologists have showed us that ignorance truly is bliss...

Obstructed_View
03-26-2011, 12:01 AM
if i believe otherwise, then theres no point in cheering for this team during the playoffs and i'd like to have something to look forward to....

PopApologists have showed us that ignorance truly is bliss...

I think he's a fucking moron, and have thought so for at least five years. I still root for the team. Makes it tough though.

alchemist
03-26-2011, 12:01 AM
btw to those 2 gentlemen, don't think that I'm letting Pop off the hook. his rotations are brain exploders no doubt but that choke job was not his shit.

Capt Bringdown
03-26-2011, 12:03 AM
If Phil did something like this he'd be called out for sure. The thing is, Phil doesn't do things like this.

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:04 AM
I think he's a fucking moron, and have thought so for at least five years. I still root for the team. Makes it tough though.

+1

its near impossible after games like these, though.

jag
03-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Its a good thing for Pop he plays in such a small market, if this game happened in New York he would get called out in like 9 different newspapers, talk radio, TV, etc.

Not one media person in SA will say a thing about Pop's whack ass lineups.

jag
03-26-2011, 12:06 AM
If Tiago sees any minutes in the playoffs I'll be surprised.

Zelophehad
03-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Wow that coaching job was Carlislesque.

crc21209
03-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Serious question Pop fans, whats the purpose of having Novak inbound the ball?

Only reasonable explanation is a flat out tank by Pop....

The only fucking possible thing I can think of is that maybe, MAYBE they have run a play like that at practice with Novak inbounding the ball. That is the ONLY thing I can think of, and that's really reaching...:lol

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:18 AM
The only fucking possible thing I can think of is that maybe, MAYBE they have run a play like that at practice with Novak inbounding the ball. That is the ONLY thing I can think of, and that's really reaching...:lol

Lets count all the things wrong with that play....

1) Steve Novak inbounds the ball. Played about 1 minute all game and hes your inbound passer. A guy with a career assist average of 0.1

2) Bonner/Dice/Tiago/Manu. These are your options if your Novak. You think the Blazers would probably and take manu away? Hmm that leaves Bonner (slowest release on the team), Dice (1-4 in the game), or Tiago (....?)

3) Bonner in the far corner and not a screener. Okay so hes being used as decoy obviously but you'd think that Pop would use a good shooter as the screener for Manu. Nope its Tiago.

4) The actual play itself was a pass into Manu for a catch and shoot fadeaway jumper from the baseline. So Steve Novak(!) has to make a perfect pass over Marcus fucking Camby to a falling manu for a fadeaway jumper....The worst case scenario is you inbound the ball directly out of bounds. So Pop calls for a play that has a pass being lobbed towards the baseline for a catch and shoot fadeaway.....

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:19 AM
With 0.9 you can still get a shot off... I don't get why they went for the lob.

jag
03-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Novak could have turned around backwards and rolled the ball between his legs onto the court and the game would have gone into overtime.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Novak could have turned around backwards and rolled the ball between his legs onto the court and the game would have gone into overtime.

The end of the game was just an avalanche of suck... they are going to show that game on ESPN Classic for years.

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:25 AM

:lmao Absolutely True.

Booharv
03-26-2011, 12:37 AM

Holy shit :lmao

c whata11
03-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Not one media person in SA will say a thing about Pop's whack ass lineups.

thats what makes me mad. theres obvious questions that need to be asked, but nobody will do it. i hate pop interviews, for the most part hes a dick and everybody just laughs at it. just ask him about his shit lineups. worse case scenario: he gives arrogant answer, avoids the problem, everyone laughs (already typical interview). i highly doubt this old man goes through the effort to banish you from ever interviewing again.

on a sidenote, lately on the national games hes given nice interviews, like genuinely given nice answers and forgot about his bs for 5 seconds.

Spurs Brazil
03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
another close loss because we can't get stops in the 4th

Tiago played solid d in all 3 games and never saw a minute in the 4th

I miss when they cared about defense. We have no chance in the playoffs with Bonner in rotation. I don't have anything against him, he tries hard but he isn't a good basketball player.