PDA

View Full Version : One of the biggest chokejobs in franchise history..

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Spurs up 6 with 1:20 left..

Spurs up 4 with 30 seconds left, WITH THE BALL..

Parker and Ginobili with 2 of the most uncharacteristic turnovers you'll ever see from them..

Novak inbounds the ball with 0.9 left..Novak? inbounding in clutch time? why?..

Then a tip-in to lose the game?!

LOL..:lmao:lmao..

I'm in shock right now..

Mugen
03-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Absolute biggest. absolutely trumps the T-Mac game. Worst chokejob i've seen from any team in a very very long time. maybe ever.

alchemist
03-25-2011, 11:21 PM
no question about it sadly

alchemist
03-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Absolute biggest. absolutely trumps the T-Mac game. Worst chokejob i've seen from any team in a very very long time. maybe ever.
nothing will top the t-mac game. ever.

TIMMYD!
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM

Parker and Ginobili with 2 of the most uncharacteristic turnovers you'll ever see from them..

I'm in shock right now..

Everything the Spurs did: :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol:lol:lol:lol

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM
The McGrady game was obviously a historic choke job, but part of that is attributed to a superstar player having a super-human performance..

This game was ALL Spurs..they did everything that you could possibly do to choke away a game..

Shit, even if Novak TOUCHES any player on the court, there's a good chance that there wouldn't have been enough time for Portland to do anything..he had to sail it out of bounds?:lol:lol..

Gooshie
03-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Uncharacteristic from Manu? Bullshit. Or did you forget Game 3 @ Sacramento 1st Round 2006?? Almost the same exact situation.

Cane
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Parker was terrrriibbbllleee.

Obstructed_View
The T-Mac game was a great individual performance by one of the best players ever to pick up a basketball. Pop put a guy who sat for 47 minutes into the game to inbound, a guy known for being a shitty passer.

Gooshie
And why in hell is Novak inbounding the ball at the end???????

fotan2
03-25-2011, 11:25 PM
T-mac's game is the biggest one for sure.

Kori Ellis
03-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Parker was HORRIBLE after the first quarter. I don't know if this game was the biggest chokejob in franchise history, but it definitely sucked.

LakerHater
What happend to Spilitter again???

& why did Pop put in Novak to inbound the ball???

Mal
Tony`s turnover was the worst

Dex
The McGrady game was obviously a historic choke job, but part of that is attributed to a superstar player having a super-human performance..

This game was ALL Spurs..they did everything that you could possibly do to choke away a game..

Bingo.

Too many bonehead mistakes in the end to blame one player.

Blair's turnovers.

Manu falling in love with his step-back three.

Parker getting picked by Miller.

Manu dribbling off the foot.

Pop letting Novak inbound.

Novak inbounding.

Whoever the fuck didn't put a body on the one guy that hurts you with 0.9 seconds; the guy running to the basket. Spurs should know what it looks like; the Blazers just did it to them a play before.

Tim or no Tim; this team needs to find the switch again. This piss-poor execution in the fourth has been going on since before Duncan went down, and it's going to be the Spurs end if they don't figure it out.

ShoogarBear
03-25-2011, 11:27 PM
This loss is on Obstructed_View. He wanted this to happen.

Libri
And why in hell is Novak inbounding the ball at the end???????

Maybe it was a play where Manu was going to pass back to Novak for a 3.

D-rob fan
Ahhhhhh!! That was one of the most frustrating losses I've ever watched! We had this game!!

carina_gino20
Manu should've gone behind the back with his crossover.

Mugen
nope. this trumps the T-Mac game. I've never seen the Spurs actually GIVE a fucking game away in about 5 straight possessions.

ElNono
03-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Pretty epic... I really can't fault Manu that much because he is the one that put us in the position to win... Tony was ass all second half

Slydragon
I wish I was rich so I could afford to throw my remote at my tv.

dastrey
It takes skill to lose a game when your up 4 with 30 seconds left and the ball. It takes even more skill to lose a game up 2 with .9 seconds and the ball.

Libri
Parker was HORRIBLE after the first quarter. I don't know if this game was the biggest chokejob in franchise history, but it definitely sucked.

Wasn't the Spurs losing that huge lead against the Lakers in LA during the playoffs a bigger choke job?

jn77
03-25-2011, 11:32 PM
I feel like I am gonna be sick. That last thirty seconds looked like a WNBA game. I also would like to know what the fuck Novak was doing in the game at all in the fourth. This guy will see only garbage minutes in the playoffs, so what was this....the conselation prize? Horrible...Choke, Choke.

Dunc n Dave
03-25-2011, 11:34 PM
It takes skill to lose a game when your up 4 with 30 seconds left and the ball. It takes even more skill to lose a game up 2 with .9 seconds and the ball.

We weren't up 2 with .9, it was tied... but it's just semantics cuz we blew it...

wildbill2u
03-25-2011, 11:34 PM
By my count, Tony and Manu both allowed Portland to steal the ball from them twice late in the 4th. Ridiculous.

Old School 44
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Sadly, on our last possession, I was thinking what if we throw the ball out of bounds and no time goes off the clock.

And what the hell was Novak doing inbounding the ball? Were Da'Sean Butler or Daniel Green not available. :rolleyes

TimDunkem
03-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe it was a play where Manu was going to pass back to Novak for a 3.
After catching it from a guy who isn't known for his passing? With .9? :rollin

Capt Bringdown
03-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Is there any doubt that losing a gaming like this hurts so much more than getting blown out?

The McGrady game was unexpected, a fluke. McGrady made a herculean effort, it happens.

This you could see coming a mile away. Some simple coaching moves and smarter plays from Manu and Tony and we easily walk away with the win.

Josepatches_

Shit, even if Novak TOUCHES any player on the court, there's a good chance that there wouldn't have been enough time for Portland to do anything..he had to sail it out of bounds?:lol:lol..

This.

McGrady made miracle/lucky shots.

LakerHater
By my count, Tony and Manu both allowed Portland to steal the ball from them twice late in the 4th. Ridiculous.
didnt Wesley & Miller travel on that steal from Manu!?!

Libri
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
After catching it from a guy who isn't known for his passing? With .9? :rollin

I'm so pissed I almost forgot about the .9. FML :lol :bang

ShoogarBear
The Novak pass and Batum score were just the cherry on the top. Does anyone think the Spurs would have won if it had gone to overtime?

InRareForm
Reminds me of houston texans football.

TimDunkem
03-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Whoever the fuck didn't put a body on the one guy that hurts you with 0.9 seconds; the guy running to the basket. Spurs should know what it looks like; the Blazers just did it to them a play before.

It was Manu on Batum, then he switched onto Roy after Batum set a screen, which is a completely boneheaded decision. Did Manu seriously think Roy, gimpy knees and all, would get to the rim before a five second violation? Maybe he felt he could actually make a heave at .9? Perhaps he thought he had help?

Either way, it's inexcusable to allow the closest guy to the basket (Mathews, Aldridge, and Roy were all near or past the 3pt line.) to get to the rim. You need to try to stop the shooters obviously, but if you can't protect the rim you're more than likely finished. If they make a prayer near half-court then so be it.

nevitt_&_smrek
03-25-2011, 11:47 PM

I'm in shock right now..

Well, look on the bright side. It didn't happen in a playoff game. Losing like that in postseason would be back breaking. This is just...whatever.

roycrikside
03-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Uncharacteristic from Manu? Bullshit. Or did you forget Game 3 @ Sacramento 1st Round 2006?? Almost the same exact situation.

don't go blaming Manu for the loss. He hit lots of big shots in this game and if it wasn't for him they would've lost by 20. Tony was absolutely awful the last three quarters.

Sean Cagney
03-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Well, look on the bright side. It didn't happen in a playoff game. Losing like that in postseason would be back breaking. This is just...whatever.

Yeah this is not the postseason, but up 5 with ten fukkin games left! They can LOSE A FEW IN A ROW NOW, blew two games in a row. That #1 seed is not a given now, sorry it is not, this loss is no f in joke right now.

roycrikside
03-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Well the part of the comparison I like is that the McGrady game happened in 2005 if I recall. That year ended okay.

jag
03-26-2011, 12:00 AM
The Novak pass and Batum score were just the cherry on the top. Does anyone think the Spurs would have won if it had gone to overtime?

Absolutely not

Thompson
03-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Just imagine if you had to feel like this every day of your life. That must be what it feels like to be a Mavs fan.

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:09 AM
good news is that the spurs only choke on this epic of a scale once every 5 years or so...

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:09 AM

No way in hell... we lost all momentum after they tied it.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah this is not the postseason, but up 5 with ten fukkin games left! They can LOSE A FEW IN A ROW NOW, blew two games in a row. That #1 seed is not a given now, sorry it is not, this loss is no f in joke right now.

I finally am starting to think that we may lose the top seed. Maybe it's just because I'm so fucking down right now about this loss... but a win seems years away at this point.

pjjrfan
03-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Manu and Tony need to trust thier teammates. And Pop needs to recognize what players are giving him something. Neal was hot, splitter pretty much shut aldrige down without help, I just don't trust Blair in the clutch. Small ball didn't kill the Spurs it was small brains that did them in.

Capt Bringdown
03-26-2011, 12:33 AM
The writing's on the wall for us to lose the top seed. Now we'll really see what the Spurs heads and hearts are made of...judging from the last two games: sawdust.

What's happened up 'til now is meaningless if we continue with the bone-heading coaching and poor execution.

DesignatedT
03-26-2011, 12:38 AM
I didn't realize how bad that Andre Miller travel was until I saw the replay. Dude took 4 steps. We deserved to lose but how did they miss that shit

LakerHater
03-26-2011, 12:39 AM
I didn't realize how bad that Andre Miller travel was until I saw the replay. Dude took 4 steps. We deserved to lose but how did they miss that shit
Then after that Wesley shuffled his feet!

Emeyin
03-26-2011, 12:41 AM
This game sucked.. Spurs choked this game away.

Sean Cagney
03-26-2011, 12:49 AM
If we wint his it is all but locked up, now they gotta win some for real to deal LA the #2 seed, it is on now! Spurs need to step it up now period! END OF STORY! We must win our next two, then all is well IMO.

Capt Bringdown
03-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Lots of chortling over on the Lakers channel. They can smell it.

Solid D
03-26-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm not sure it's the worst but it's right up there. Andre Miller has done this to the Spurs before. I remember a game the Spurs choked away when Andre was in Cleveland and had no right to win, but the Spurs blew it and could not stop an inspired Miller.

The McGrady game was an amazing choke job and we call it the McGrady game...but there were some dumb turnovers and inbounds passes in that stretch, also.

DesignatedT
03-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Lots of chortling over on the Lakers channel. They can smell it.

If they go 8-2 (which is not easy) we would still have to go 3-7 in our last 10 games. They might be trying to smell it but it aint there.

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure it's the worst but it's right up there. Andre Miller has done this to the Spurs before. I remember a game the Spurs choked away when Andre was in Cleveland and had no right to win, but the Spurs blew it and could not stop an inspired Miller.

The McGrady game was an amazing choke job and we call it the McGrady game...but there were some dumb turnovers and inbounds passes in that stretch, also.

:lol Like Devin Brown falling down after trying to dribble the ball when all he had to do was hold it and be intentionally fouled...

Solid D
03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
:lol Like Devin Brown falling down after trying to dribble the ball when all he had to do was hold it and be intentionally fouled...

:lol exactly. Good one.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-26-2011, 01:28 AM

Cant_Be_Faded
03-26-2011, 01:29 AM

Damn you! Don't remind us of that.

Now where is someone to provide us with some video? :lol

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:29 AM

:lol Who cares, at least they would've started out 96-96 in overtime, with the Spurs actually having a chance to win the game....

timtonymanu
03-26-2011, 01:30 AM
It's funny cause i was telling my friend when the spurs had the ball at 0.9 seconds that they just need to inbound the ball and go for a shot. If it doesn't go in, there's still OT. No out of bounds and letting the Blazers Dwight Howard us. Fuckin of course it had to happen.

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Damn you! Don't remind us of that.

Now where is someone to provide us with some video? :lol

You asked for it...:lol Devin Brown's brain fart at 4:15.

nfurCV1FDpM

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:36 AM
It's funny cause i was telling my friend when the spurs had the ball at 0.9 seconds that they just need to inbound the ball and go for a shot. If it doesn't go in, there's still OT. No out of bounds and letting the Blazers Dwight Howard us. Fuckin of course it had to happen.

Sorry that's the experience you had man. My 1st PLAYOFF experience was when fucking Stephon Marbury hit that almost half court 3-pointer to beat the Spurs in Game 1 of the 03' 1st round series. I remember the whole arena leaving that day in a hush of disbelief. I remember telling my brother there had to have been a reason why our 1st playoff experience was so horrible, and I told him "They have to win the title now after that loss." And sure enough, it happened...:toast

cherylsteele
03-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Not as big a choke job as the 1990 playoffs against.............

Portland as well.....uuugh

jay_shs
03-26-2011, 01:43 AM
In the Tim Duncan era:

1. the T-Mac game (Dec. 2004)
2. the Andrew Bogut game (Dec. 2005)
3. Mar-buried (Apr. 2003)
4. Last night

We won the title in all of those years but 2006.

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:44 AM
In the Tim Duncan era:

1. the T-Mac game (Dec. 2004)
2. the Andrew Bogut game (Dec. 2005)
3. Last night

Dwight Howard also beat the Spurs on an Alley-oop....

DMX7
03-26-2011, 01:45 AM
has it really been that long since the Tmac game? wow

DesignatedT
2008 game 1 vs the Lakers in the WCF.

jay_shs
Dwight Howard also beat the Spurs on an Alley-oop....
But its not like they made an incredible comeback on us to beat us that game. We were up 2 and they made a shot, then Tony missed a floater and the Magic got the rebound with .8 seconds and called timeout to set up that play. Dave Barnett was calling that game.

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:47 AM
But its not like they made an incredible comeback on us to beat us that game. We were up 2 and they made a shot, then Tony missed a floater and the Magic got the rebound with .8 seconds and called timeout to set up that play. Dave Barnett was calling that game.

True, but still a shitty way to lose a game to that douchebag...:lol

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:48 AM
2008 game 1 vs the Lakers in the WCF.

Holy shit don't even remind me. That game was so fucking painful. I honestly thought that if the Spurs pulled that game out, the whole series would have been different, and the Spurs could have taken it in 6 games...

jay_shs
03-26-2011, 01:49 AM
True, but still a shitty way to lose a game to that douchebag...:lol
I don't think Dwight's as much of a douchebag as he is just a whiner.

timtonymanu
03-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Sorry that's the experience you had man. My 1st PLAYOFF experience was when fucking Stephon Marbury hit that almost half court 3-pointer to beat the Spurs in Game 1 of the 03' 1st round series. I remember the whole arena leaving that day in a hush of disbelief. I remember telling my brother there had to have been a reason why our 1st playoff experience was so horrible, and I told him "They have to win the title now after that loss." And sure enough, it happened...:toast

Haha it happened in 03. It happened in 05 (T-Mac). It happened in 07 (Howard). Hopefully history repeats itself and we will be the last team standing. :toast

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Haha it happened in 03. It happened in 05 (T-Mac). It happened in 07 (Howard). Hopefully history repeats itself and we will be the last team standing. :toast

:tu :toast

jiggy_55
03-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Anybody have a slow motion of Andre Miller's travel???

jay_shs
03-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Holy shit don't even remind me. That game was so fucking painful. I honestly thought that if the Spurs pulled that game out, the whole series would have been different, and the Spurs could have taken it in 6 games...
That wasn't exactly a "massive meltdown", as we're talking about late 4th quarter collapses ITT. We were up 20 in the third in that Laker game but AIRC they had tied it by the middle of the 4th. There have been plenty of examples of losing big third quarter leads in the past to lose, such as Game 4 of the 2003 WCSF (Lakers, we won that series), Games 1 and 5 of the 2003 WCF (Mavs, we won that series), a game against the horrible Nuggets in December of 2002 in which we were up 16 halfway through the fourth and managed to lose, etc.

bluefoot
03-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Don't forget the Spurs nearly had a rare 6 men on the floor call which would have probably cost them the game as well.

Talk about a lack of focus.

Fireball
03-26-2011, 02:04 AM

This .... and nothing else. Inexcusable.

LakerHater
03-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Anybody have a slow motion of Andre Miller's travel???

...& Wesley's

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/bc/a-/cg/a-/millertravel.gif

Mugen
03-26-2011, 02:22 AM
...& Wesley's

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/bc/a-/cg/a-/millertravel.gif

:lol thats ridiculous. I can't decide whose was more obvious...

HarlemHeat37
03-26-2011, 02:24 AM
I didn't notice Andre Miller's in real time, I noticed Matthews' first, until I saw the replay..fuck, those are both outrageous travels, especially Miller's..I don't know how a ref misses both..

Cane
03-26-2011, 02:42 AM
And if I remember correctly Parker got called for two travelling violations earlier in the game :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Good lucky relying on the refs especially on the road. Spurs should've never reached to that point :depressed

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 02:53 AM
That is a freaking joke.

The stupid ass ref was looking right at it. Total incompetence. A couple of nights ago, Chandler commits an offensive foul pushing off against Manu. They swallow the whistle.

Refs are screwing my teams (Spurs Horns) over big time this last week.

The only ref that showed a pair this year was the one in Denver that called the OF against Carmelo when he ran over Manu.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 02:56 AM
That crap just pisses me off more. I've have not seen a more obvious travel ever.

How can that be allowed and then you bail Portland out with free throws?

Total BS.

Josepatches_
03-26-2011, 02:56 AM
McGrady game:
The ball lost by Parker and the Devin Brown's play at the end.We didn't make more turnovers and we made all the free throws if i'm not wrong
Mcgrady made 4 threes in a row in 35 seconds.He was amazing and surely pretty lucky.

Tonight we lost the ball 3 times in a row in the last minute.We weren't able to make one fucking pass.The last turnover was an inbound pass with 0,9 seconds....

Tonight was a bigger choke imo.I can't remember more stupids plays in a row in the clutch time.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 03:02 AM
The fat ass ref in the corner missed not one but two obvious travels.

SA should not have put themselves in that spot to begin with, but damn the referees are paid $150-250K per year to call the game properly.

That official should be fined and or suspended for not doing his job in a competent way.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Wow I did not even see that at the time I was so livid.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Any chance of sending that to the league... at least to discipline those refs?

Borosai
03-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Such an obvious travel. Look at the Spurs' coaches. :lol

Sean Cagney
03-26-2011, 03:47 AM
Any chance of sending that to the league... at least to discipline those refs?

Like it matters now, this is a loss and it will stay that way and we will get dicked again later on some call again, period. Send it in, like it will make a fuck of a difference :depressed:depressed:rolleyes YES I AM MAD.
Such an obvious travel. Look at the Spurs' coaches. :lol

Yep, but sorry I can't laugh at all about it, terrible loss......

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Like it matters now, this is a loss and it will stay that way and we will get dicked again later on some call again, period. Send it in, like it will make a fuck of a difference :depressed:depressed:rolleyes YES I AM MAD.

Yep, but sorry I can't laugh at all about it, terrible loss......

I was going to be in a great mood with a win in Portland to settle things down and now I can't sleep I'm so mad.

My nine year old kid's basketball leagues get better officiating than what I just saw.

Sean Cagney
03-26-2011, 03:56 AM
I was going to be in a great mood with a win in Portland to settle things down and now I can't sleep I'm so mad.

My nine year old kid's basketball leagues get better officiating than what I just saw.

I am sick to my fucking stomach, a loss like this comes every once in a while, and only to our team at times it seem of this magnitude! Our 4 titles yes ease that, our top seed right now eases that, but damn .4, Mccgrady game to this, how can you top those at times? I mean seriously we win titles which is gret and makes up for it, but these losses will fuck your night up! I have seen a few, Spurs lose in the oddest of ways at times from a Marbury bank to this etc. :(

diego
03-26-2011, 03:57 AM
how does the replay rule work? couldnt pop have asked for a review of the play, or is it only for out of bounds and to check 3 pointers?

TimDunkem
03-26-2011, 03:58 AM
I have a nephew in pee-wee basketball and I'm going to have to agree with you...It's pretty mind-boggling that the refs would miss TWO obvious back-to-back travel calls.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 04:03 AM
how does the replay rule work? couldnt pop have asked for a review of the play, or is it only for out of bounds and to check 3 pointers?

I think you are correct. OOB plays and checking for 3s. The blown traveling call is not reviewable. The Spurs have to buck up and get a couple of wins in a row now. It'll be tough.

I just can't stand it when one gets stolen from you like that.

Rynospursfan
03-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Well it was a fun night, but what a terrible heartbreaking loss for me at the Rose Garden. Thank god I had a couple of Jack and Cokes to wash it down.

You guys are nuts. I don't blame the refs at all for this. This one was all Pop. First, he let off the gas too soon; Manu's turnovers were the result of running clock, then Miller caught Parker in the corner of the back-court because Parker was walking the ball up slow trying to burn an extra couple of seconds.

Then Pop makes his biggest bonehead move of the night, NOVAK to inbound the ball. WHAT THE FUCK POP? Steve Novak posseses one NBA skill: shooting. Why the hell do you have him inbound the ball with 0.9 on the clock. Makes no God Damn Sense.

I haven't seen the Spurs win in person since 2008. This loosing streak in Portland is killing me. Now Sacramento might be out of the question for next season. Sucks!!!!!!!

TimDunkem
03-26-2011, 04:09 AM
^ We know what happened...The loss has been dissected in it's entirety in almost every thread that's been created about it.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Well it was a fun night, but what a terrible heartbreaking loss for me at the Rose Garden. Thank god I had a couple of Jack and Cokes to wash it down.

You guys are nuts. I don't blame the refs at all for this. This one was all Pop. First, he let off the gas too soon; Manu's turnovers were the result of running clock, then Miller caught Parker in the corner of the back-court because Parker was walking the ball up slow trying to burn an extra couple of seconds.

Then Pop makes his biggest bonehead move of the night, NOVAK to inbound the ball. WHAT THE FUCK POP? Steve Novak posseses one NBA skill: shooting. Why the hell do you have him inbound the ball with 0.9 on the clock. Makes no God Damn Sense.

I haven't seen the Spurs win in person since 2008. This loosing streak in Portland is killing me. Now Sacramento might be out of the question for next season. Sucks!!!!!!!

You're right on the Spurs contributing mightily on this one, but when a well paid NBA Official (who is supposed to be the best of the best) is presented with a routine, obvious rule violation and he is unable to make the correct call, that is a problem.

Portland should have not been bailed out by the officials - they got caught up in the moment and had a brain fart.

Rynospursfan
03-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Brainfart? Pop was the one with the Brainfart. You can't possibly think he did a better job that that ref? We should have never been in that situation in the first place.

Ice009
03-26-2011, 06:19 AM
That needs to be sent into the league and those refs disciplined. It won't change the loss, but those refs definitely need to be fined and disciplined over those blown calls.

George Gervin's Afro
03-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I have been a fan as long as I have been aware of the Spurs and I cannot remember a worse choke in thier history..

bluefoot
03-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Yeah the refs missed those travels but so what. Stuff like that always comes up in the playoffs. Also, the Spurs got some favorable no calls themselves. Remember when Manu raked Camby, hit a 3 and there was no call?

If you want a game to blame the refs on, pick a game where the refs decided it. The Spurs made up their mind they were losing this game, wasn't the refs fault.

romain.star
03-26-2011, 07:56 AM
so Parker was guarding Batum on the last 0.9 possession? Really?

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-26-2011, 09:02 AM
so Parker was guarding Batum on the last 0.9 possession? Really?

the weird thing is that there were no screens set on that play. there was no reason why manu shoudn't have stuck with batum

Dex
03-26-2011, 09:19 AM
:lmao five steps.

:lmao shuffling feet twice.

:lmao refs are a joke.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Brainfart? Pop was the one with the Brainfart. You can't possibly think he did a better job that that ref? We should have never been in that situation in the first place.

One has nothing to do with the other. There should be a reasonable expectation that an official can make a routine traveling call. It does not matter when the violation occurs in the game - it could be the first minute or the last minute.

George Hill made what should have been the game winning play by stepping in front of and running by Andre Miller. If Miller had not taken the extra step before passing to Matthews (who also walked) the ball, he had nowhere to go with the ball, resulting in the travel that was ignored/missed.

Miller got an unfair competitive advantage with the extra step where he could get the ball to a teammate. Total BS play.

The Spurs did a ton of things very well yesterday and would have been shooting free throws or running out the clock if he refs had done a good job. They did not.

The Spurs got screwed out of win, mistakes or not. Fouling or not fouling in a tight game is one thing, but there is no abiguity on Miller's travel. It is a clear cut turnover that was obvious to anyone paying attention.

That 6 point cushion would have been adequate if not for that error by the "Official".

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah the refs missed those travels but so what. Stuff like that always comes up in the playoffs. Also, the Spurs got some favorable no calls themselves. Remember when Manu raked Camby, hit a 3 and there was no call?

If you want a game to blame the refs on, pick a game where the refs decided it. The Spurs made up their mind they were losing this game, wasn't the refs fault.

Foul calls are much easier to miss due to the positioning of the officials - anyone who has played the game or follows it closely knows this.

Three full strides to the basket is a rules violation no matter how you slice it. That ref ought to be on the Joe Derosa career path (in other words, no longer employed by the NBA and doing college games).

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Coach Bud, Neumann, and Popovich saw the travel immediately as it was on their end of the floor.

That is nothing more than gross incompetence on the part of that official in the corner with a clear view.

I don't care what else happened in the game (turnovers, fouls, missed shots). That missed call is an embarrassment to David Stern's officials.

I get madder every time I see that idiot official blow it

John Basedow
03-26-2011, 02:43 PM
:lmao

Are you really blaming that epic choke job on a blown traveling call?

The Spurs had no control over that...however, they did have a say in the 3 boneheaded turnovers at the end of the game