PDA

View Full Version : ticketmaster.com

HaterzEraser
06-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Spursaholics like myself,

Does anyone know if there is going to be some sort of special procedure that we will have to go thru to by tickets on Saturday? Meaning: will there be like a lotto system like at the outlets or will it first come, first serve.

I am wanting to know so that I can get a little bit more zzzzz's ;)

Thanks in advance.

Kori Ellis
06-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Ticketmaster.com will just be a first-come, first-serve free for all. And it will probably only last about 3 minutes before they are sold out.

Willinsa
06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
They will use a lotto system I called ticketmaster to confirm that.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Which way do you think would be better to get tickets... online or at the box office

Kori Ellis
06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
They will use a lotto system I called ticketmaster to confirm that.

They will use a lotto system if you go there, but not online. Right? My last post was regarding online.

Finals Tickets On Sale June 4th

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/tickets_050602.html

Fans will have the opportunity to purchase game tickets to the first two home games of Round 4 (Games A & B) in the NBA Finals beginning at noon on Saturday, June 4. The Spurs will take on the winner of the Miami Heat/Detroit Pistons series at the SBC Center. Tip-off time has yet to be determined.

Tickets can be purchased through the Random Number Drawing (RND) system at all Ticketmaster Ticket Center locations. Fans can also buy tickets online at ticketmaster.com, spurs.com or Charge by Phone at (210) 225-TEAM. Tickets will NOT be sold at the SBC Center Box Office.

The Ticketmaster RND system works by distributing sequentially numbered tickets to all fans in line at each Ticketmaster outlet approximately one-half hour prior to designated sale time. Fans should plan to arrive no more than one hour prior to the sale time. No camping out is allowed.

Once each fan is given a numbered ticket, the starting number will be drawn randomly by a customer.

For example, if there are 100 people in line, and ticket number 38 is pulled from the pool of available tickets, the customer that is holding ticket number 38 becomes the first person in line to purchase tickets. The customer with ticket number 39 becomes the second person in line, and so on.

Customers holding ticket numbers one through 37 go to the back of the line sequentially and people who arrive after the RND has begun will take position in the “late line” behind those with numbered tickets. Having a numbered ticket does not guarantee tickets, just a place in line.

All ticket purchases will be limited to two (2) tickets per person, per game.

The Spurs are hopeful that by taking long lines away from one box office at the SBC Center and instead offering Ticketmaster Ticket Center locations around the area access to the same electronic pool of tickets, more Spurs fans will receive a chance to purchase tickets.

tw05baller
06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
what is the phone number to buy tickets

tw05baller
06-03-2005, 09:25 PM
oops never mind, i just read koris post

Willinsa
06-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I would not try online, at work they have a fast internet service and it goes so slow when you try to buy online. I would say your best chance would be at the ticketmaster location.

Kori Ellis
06-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I would not try online, at work they have a fast internet service and it goes so slow when you try to buy online. I would say your best chance would be at the ticketmaster location.

In 2003 for the Finals, a lot of us here in the forum got tickets online. So I guess it's just a crapshoot.

tw05baller
06-03-2005, 09:35 PM
how are your chances by phone

Kori Ellis
06-03-2005, 09:36 PM

I don't remember anyone I know getting them by phone in 2003. But who knows.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-03-2005, 09:42 PM

Im guessing that its like trying to be the 11th caller to win a prize on a radio station

mouse
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Ticketmaster.com will just be a first-come, first-serve free for all. And it will probably only last about 3 minutes before they are sold out.

Kori my ex boss's wife works for them. 75% of those tickets are all ready sold. they buy them themselves. She says they get $$ from those Ticket services to let them get the jump on those certain sections they want.

buy the time Joe Blow sitting at home logs on to buy a ticket? 30% of the SBC is gone, so all those folks camping outside for 72 hours are fucked, :smokin

welcome to San Antonio :lmao

2centsworth
06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
no one go online you have no chance.

hehehehehehe.

SequSpur
06-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Great... now Mouse has inside info.

The world is coming to an end.

mouse
06-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Maybe you forgot the last time the Spurs went to the WCF

they showed people who had tents outside the SBC center, after 4 days of camping out in a 1/4 mile long line, folks who where 5th in line could not get tickets. talk about some upset Mexicans that day...

it was almost a riot on live Tv. was you at work? how could you miss that very shame full event?

they showed kids cyring after daddy was only six in line , having to tell there kids the upper seats where sold to a Ticket agency and now they must pay $200.00 dollars to get a 45 dollar ticket,

did you forget you live in a city that had 1/2 their city council on the news for taking Bribes? and the FBI had to step in, did you forget that also?

SequSpur
06-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Maybe you forgot the last time the Spurs went to the WCF

Nope. I was there.

they showed people who had tents outside the SBC center, after 4 days of camping out in a1/4 mile line? folks who where 5th in line could not get tickets.

Typical.

it was almost a riot on live Tv. was you at work? how could you miss that very shame full event?

I remember it well and really don't care, they should buy a computer instead of tortillas and beer.

they showed kids cyring after daddy was six in line having to tell there kid the upper seats where sold to Ticket agency and now they must pay 200.00 dollars to get a 45 dollar ticket,

Welcome to revenue streaming.

did you forget you live in a city that had 1/2 there city council on the news for taking Bribes? and the FBI had to step in, did you forget that also?

Nope and that is why I vote for a new city council and mayor. Julian is to young and stupid.

mouse
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I remember it well and really don't care, they should buy a computer instead of tortillas and beer.

Post of the week :lmao

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 08:23 PM
mouse, who is the person you are talking about. If this is true (which I doubt) it is illegal and can be investigated by the NBA and local athorities. My guess is you're just making up this shit to get the attention you miss in your so called normal life

mouse
06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
I told WOAI this back in 1999, They did not want to run the story since they are in tight with Ticket Master and Body Solutions. My Boss even regretted telling me and fired me after I told others at work.

why not do a search on Ticket Master

http://www.toomuchsexy.org/index/weblog/comments/ticketmaster_is_a_fraud/

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I told WOAI this back in 1999, They did not want to run the story since they are in tight with Ticket Master and Body Solutions. My Boss even regretted telling me and fired me after I told others at work.

why not do a search on Ticket Master

http://www.toomuchsexy.org/index/weblog/comments/ticketmaster_is_a_fraud/I'm not complaining about getting tickets on line. But if you feel that the others who do look for tickets on line are getting cheated you should help them rectify the situation. But I guess that's alittle too much work for you. It's easier to be lazy and bitch.