Fun game to watch

Giuseppe
03-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks, Hornets, I needed that!!!

Pelicans78
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks, Hornets, I needed that!!!

No problem.

Nash needs to retire. He knocked out Gortat with a headbutt and knocked out the Suns playoff chances with his performance tonight.

redzero
03-25-2011, 11:41 PM
No problem.

Nash needs to retire. He knocked out Gortat with a headbutt

Besides the 3-pointer, that was the only shot he made tonight.

Darth_Pelican
03-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Good win. CP3 finally clutch. Carl Landry actually plays better defense and rebounds better than West. Yep Hornets78, in 2 nights the Hornets have pretty much KO'd the Jazz and Suns out of any chance of making a playoff run.

Mori Chu
03-26-2011, 03:55 AM
Chris Paul is a flopper if I ever saw one. Used to like the guy, but he flails around like a sissy if the defender so much as breathes on him.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Chris Paul is a flopper if I ever saw one. Used to like the guy, but he flails around like a sissy if the defender so much as breathes on him.

Don't be mad since he put the final nail in the coffin of Nash's career last night. Not sure why Brooks didn't finish the game. He was on fire last night while Nash was a disaster with making bad passes, missing open shots, and even taking out Gortat who was the best player on the floor last night before Nash busted his nose wide open.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Final nail in the coffin? I thought they were fine?

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Final nail in the coffin? I thought they were fine?

Me saying they were 12th in the West in the preseason obviously meant they were fine.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 09:46 AM
You saying they were fine obviously meant they were fine.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 09:47 AM
You saying they were fine obviously meant they were fine.

Never said they were fine.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Never said they were fine.

Phoenix will be fine without Amare.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
And I said they would be 12th in the West in the preseason too. Guess that meant they would be fine.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Did you say they'd be fine? Yes or no? The fact you back pedaled so quickly proves how brash and retarded that statement was.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 09:54 AM
It's still ain't over. They're but 3 out in the loss column from Memphis (including the tie breaker). They won't quit. I know these fucks.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 09:56 AM
They're quitting. I know these fucks. Just like I was the one who knew how bad they'd be this year.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Did you say they'd be fine? Yes or no? The fact you back pedaled so quickly proves how brash and retarded that statement was.

I said it once right before the playoffs started. Then in the preseason when I examined their rosters compared to the other teams in the West, I had them pretty low, even lower than the Hornets who I had 10th in the preseason.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 09:59 AM
They're quitting. I know these fucks. Just like I was the one who knew how bad they'd be this year.

No way.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:00 AM
May isn't "right before the playoffs started".

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:00 AM
No way.

Saying Turkoglu would take them to the finals :lol

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:01 AM
None of you a-holes can ever admit when you're wrong. Between that inability & the rampant homasexuality on this Forum, it's a goddamn disgrace.

Giuseppe
Saying Turkoglu would take them to the finals :lol

Never said such.

Kyle Orton
None of you a-holes can ever admit when you're wrong.

Hi pot, meet kettle.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi pot, meet kettle.

Please.

I've admitted when I'm wrong countless times on this Forum.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:03 AM
May isn't "right before the playoffs started".

Its around that time. But yeah, it was a quick rush to judgment. Maybe they can replace Amare with David West next season.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Please.

I've admitted when I'm wrong countless times on this Forum.

I have yet to see you admit how wrong and stupid your Turkoglu > Amare theory was.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I have yet to see you admit how wrong and stupid your Turkoglu > Amare theory was.

Then you're blind.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Its around that time. But yeah, it was a quick rush to judgment. Maybe they can replace Amare with David West next season.

David West wouldn't make them a good team. You and other people who think, "Nash + any semi decent power forward = great team" are stupid. The Suns needed someone as good as Amare to over up Nash's weaknesses he has this late in his career.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Then you're blind.

All I've seen is you defend it and try to justify it.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
All I've seen is you defend it and try to justify it.

Because that's all you've wanted to see.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:08 AM
David West wouldn't make them a good team. You and other people who think, "Nash + any semi decent power forward = great team" are stupid. The Suns needed someone as good as Amare to over up Nash's weaknesses he has this late in his career.

It would make them a playoff team, but not nearly a contender. West is way better than Channing Frye. At least before his ACL injury. He won't be healthy by next season anyway.

Actually, the Suns would need a Tim Duncan in his prime to cover up for Nash's weaknesses. He looked terrible last night, especially against an 80% Chris Paul.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Nope. What I've wanted to see is everyone admit how wrong they were about Amare, no one is willing to do that. The Bosh fans still refuse to admit Amare is more than a little > than Bosh. Suns fans on AZCentral refuse to admit they were wrong (shocking). No one has admitted how important Amare was to the Suns.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
It would make them a playoff team, but not nearly a contender.

They would never get within 2 games of the finals with West. They would never get past the 1st round of the playoffs with West.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Nope. What I've wanted to see is everyone admit how wrong they were about Amare, no one is willing to do that. The Bosh fans still refuse to admit Amare is more than a little > than Bosh. Suns fans on AZCentral refuse to admit they were wrong (shocking). No one has admitted how important Amare was to the Suns.

Its obvious by the Suns record how important he was. No one should deny that. They were the 2nd best team in the West last season. Now they're not making the playoffs and they really don't have any major injury excuse.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
They would never get within 2 games of the finals with West. They would never get past the 1st round of the playoffs with West.

That's what I said. They'd basically be like the Hornets only better offensively, but way worse defensively.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
You can't say a borderline all star David West is a suitable replacement then say he was important to the Suns. The two contradict each other.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Amare was not championship calibre ball players for the Suns. He was not going to be one for the Knicks. And he'll never be one.

He'll just look better doing that in New York than anywhere else.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:12 AM
You can't say a borderline all star David West is a suitable replacement then say he was important to the Suns. The two contradict each other.

I never said he was a suitable replacement. I only said they could get him if they wanted to be a playoff team. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Amare was not championship calibre ball players for the Suns. He was not going to be one for the Knicks. And he'll never be one.

He'll just look better doing that in New York than anywhere else.

There you go, defending Turkoglu > Amare again.

Pelicans78

If I would have said West was a suitable replacement, I would have mentioned West making them a contender. I said he would merely make them a playoff team.

Kyle Orton
I never said he was a suitable replacement. I only said they could get him if they wanted to be a playoff team. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Don't bring up retarded ideas like the Suns getting David sissy cuck West if you don't want me putting words in my mouth.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:15 AM
There you go, defending Turkoglu > Amare again.

Nonsense. The Suns would've been reckless & foolish to give Amare that contract. He quit games 1 & 2 Vs. the Lakers last WCFs. He quit several times before that thru the years.

Amare is a loser.

Nash wouldn't let Turk sit down. Hid all the chairs, like he did to Porter.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Don't bring up retarded ideas like the Suns getting David sissy cuck West if you don't want me putting words in my mouth.

LOL mad.

Again, I merely said West would make them a playoff team. You're the one who's mentally retarded and took it as me saying he would make the Suns a contender.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Nonsense. The Suns would've been reckless & foolish to give Amare that contract. He quit games 1 & 2 Vs. the Lakers last WCFs. He quit several times before that thru the years.

Amare is a loser.

Nash wouldn't let Turk sit down. Hid all the chairs, like he did to Porter.

:lmao so you're not defending Turkoglu > Amare with this post?

I'll make a guarantee though. For the duration of Amare's contract, the Suns will never get as close to a championship as they did with him.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:18 AM
LOL mad.

Again, I merely said West would make them a playoff team. You're the one who's mentally retarded and took it as me saying he would make the Suns a contender.

:lmao you said the Suns would be fine and you're calling me mentally retarded? Just curious, how would the Suns get West? They have no cap room.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
get as close to a championship

tee, hee.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
I mean it. You can add 0 & 50 to your little counter thing. It's going to take 7 years at least to undo the damage Sarver has done.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:20 AM
:lmao you said the Suns would be fine and you're calling me mentally retarded? Just curious, how would the Suns get West? They have no cap room.

That's not my problem. Why would I care how the Suns would get West?

I'm sure the Hornets could make another bad trade for more terrible contracts like they have in the past. Its in their nature.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
That's not my problem.

When you propose the idea of the Suns getting West it is.

The Hornets should get Lebron, Kobe and Dwight. Idk how they would, but it would be a good idea.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:22 AM
When you propose the idea of the Suns getting West it is.

The Hornets should get Lebron, Kobe and Dwight. Idk how they would, but it would be a good idea.

Not really. I could care less. You're the one who can't let things go.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I mean it. You can add 0 & 50 to your little counter thing. It's going to take 7 years at least to undo the damage Sarver has done.

Amare would have gotten nary a ring in Phoenix. Take solace, he'll retire O & Career.

But you do indeed have the Suns pedigree with that ''close" comment.:rolleyes

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I also think there's a 20% chance the Suns ever recover from where they are now. I think there's a 80% chance the Suns ultimately die off when the NBA is killing off teams that have no talent and don't matter (Stern really wants Sarver out of the NBA), or Sarver tries to move them somewhere else. The NBA is gonna go through A LOT of changes in the near future, and the Suns are one of the NBA's biggest question marks. I don't care though, at this point, I want the city of Phoenix to die a slow painful death.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I also think there's a 20% chance the Suns ever recover from where they are now. I think there's a 80% chance the Suns ultimately die off when the NBA is killing off teams that have no talent and don't matter (Stern really wants Sarver out of the NBA), or Sarver tries to move them somewhere else. The NBA is gonna go through A LOT of changes in the near future, and the Suns are one of the NBA's biggest question marks.

Once they let Amare go, they should have blown it up, including trying to trade Nash. Instead, like the Hornets, they tried to fool the fans into thinking they were still going to be competitive by signing different players, etc. Hornets had a legit reason since they had no owner and they were trying to put fans in the seats to keep them in the city.

redzero
03-26-2011, 10:28 AM
lol thinking the Suns would be better with Hedo instead of Amar'e.

How did that work out?

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:29 AM
I also think there's a 20% chance the Suns ever recover from where they are now. I think there's a 80% chance the Suns ultimately die off when the NBA is killing off teams that have no talent and don't matter (Stern really wants Sarver out of the NBA), or Sarver tries to move them somewhere else. The NBA is gonna go through A LOT of changes in the near future, and the Suns are one of the NBA's biggest question marks. I don't care though, at this point, I want the city of Phoenix to die a slow painful death.

:rolleyes

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:30 AM
lol thinking the Suns would be better with Hedo instead of Amar'e.

How did that work out?

The same way:::no championship, but, they got "closer" with Amare.

tee, hee.

Venti Quattro
03-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Turkoglu > Amare :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Instead the Suns have no fans showing up and fans are becoming less and less interested in watching the Steve Nash show. The Suns will be near the bottom in attendance next year, assuming they even have a next year. Sarver has put all of his eggs in the basket of hope that the CBA will have radical change next year with stuff like franchise tags, shared revenue and a hard salary cap. He and owners like Dan Gilbert might do a partial lockout as their views are different than every other owner.

jag
03-26-2011, 10:32 AM

The Suns have a large market area and fans that can afford NBA tickets. It makes no sense for the NBA to even consider the Suns during possible contraction when you have teams like the Hornets, Bucks, Hawks, Wolves and Grizzlies.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Turkoglu > Amare :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Turk got "closer."

tee, hee.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
The Suns have a large market area and fans that can afford NBA tickets. It makes no sense for the NBA to even consider the Suns during possible contraction when you have teams like the Hornets, Bucks, Hawks, Wolves and Grizzlies.

The Hawks should be ok too since they have strong corporate sponsorship in the city. Not sure about Milwaukee or Minnesota, but Memphis and New Orleans are in danger for sure.

redzero
03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Only an idiot would look at the Hedo Turkoglu and Amar'e Stoudemire, and say that a team would be better with the former. There is literally no good reason why one should think a washed up Hedo Turkoglu would contribute more than Amar'e.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:36 AM

Agreed, but, Stern doesn't care about logic and common sense. Sarver has been an absolute nuisance to Stern during CBA negotiations. He reportedly asked Stern to leave the room during negotiations, which led to Stern going on a cussing tirade towards him about how he needs to watch it. Stern and Sarver are both power hungry ego maniacs. I could easily see Stern doing something like ending the Suns to spite Sarver.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Only an idiot would look at the Hedo Turkoglu and Amar'e Stoudemire, and say that a team would be better with the former. There is literally no good reason why one should think a washed up Hedo Turkoglu would contribute more than Amar'e.

Thank you. And tbh I'm done trying to argue about it, Thornton > Harden, however Harden is carving out a good role for himself in OKC.

Venti Quattro
03-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Turk got "closer."

tee, hee.

Is that the measure now? Sun Yue > Amare tee, hee

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you. And tbh I'm done trying to argue about it, Thornton > Harden, however Harden is carving out a good role for himself in OKC.

To be honest, Harden is a better fit for OKC than Thornton.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:40 AM

Luke "basketball IQ" Walton > Amare

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:40 AM

Ask DUNCAN, he prompted it.

redzero
03-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Adam Morrison > Amar'e
Leon Powe > Amar'e
Luke Walton > Amar'e

Venti Quattro
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Luke "basketball IQ" Walton > Amare

Shannon "I feel Kobe in my veins" Brown > Amare

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Tbh tho I'm not mad about it, I'm over it. It's just good trolling material. I get to watch my team advance to the final 4 in 7 hours as one of the top 5 most promising programs in college basketball.

jag
03-26-2011, 10:43 AM
The Hawks should be ok too since they have strong corporate sponsorship in the city. Not sure about Milwaukee or Minnesota, but Memphis and New Orleans are in danger for sure.

I'm a Spurs fan living an hour and a half away from Atlanta and I go to more Hawks games than anyone I know that actually lives in Atlanta. Atlanta is one of the shittiest sports cities in America. If the Falcons start losing again people in Atlanta will forget they even have a football team. NO ONE in Atlanta cares about the Hawks. I went down there for a Hawks game on MLK Day. You'd think the stands would be packed for Atlanta's biggest holiday...place was empty.

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Tbh tho I'm not mad about it, I'm over it. It's just good trolling material. I get to watch my team advance to the final 4 in 7 hours as one of the top 5 most promising programs in college basketball.

& you've always got "close" to fall back on.

tee, hee.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Shannon "I feel Kobe in my veins" Brown > Amare

Jordan "You know what it is? Everything I do, I do it big. Yeah, uh huh, screamin that's nothin'. When I pulled off the lot, THAT's stuntin'. Reppin' my town when you see me you know everything black & jewish black & jewish black& jewish black & jewish" Farmar > Amare

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:47 AM
& you've always got "close" to fall back on.

tee, hee.

Well Suns fans don't have anything else to fall back on.

let us proceed.....

Venti Quattro
03-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Jalen Rose is proud of you guys :tu

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm a Spurs fan living an hour and a half away from Atlanta and I go to more Hawks games than anyone I know that actually lives in Atlanta. Atlanta is one of the shittiest sports cities in America. If the Falcons start losing again people in Atlanta will forget they even have a football team. NO ONE in Atlanta cares about the Hawks. I went down there for a Hawks game on MLK Day. You'd think the stands would be packed for Atlanta's biggest holiday...place was empty.

Its a spoiled sports town. They supported the Braves hard in the early 90s and mid-90s, but when the Braves kept coming up short except for 1995, they basically gave up even when they kept winning divisional titles.

They really packed the house for Vick because he brought them excitement.

The Hawks are a good team, but they're not exciting and they're not going anywhere.

Atlanta fans need something exciting to root for. Being good isn't going to be enough.

I think also it has to do with paying NBA ticket prices which are way more expensive compared to the NFL or MLB. I routinely go to watch sporting events in New Orleans and Houston and the NBA ticket prices are through the roof.

jag
03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Agreed, but, Stern doesn't care about logic and common sense. Sarver has been an absolute nuisance to Stern during CBA negotiations. He reportedly asked Stern to leave the room during negotiations, which led to Stern going on a cussing tirade towards him about how he needs to watch it. Stern and Sarver are both power hungry ego maniacs. I could easily see Stern doing something like ending the Suns to spite Sarver.

Didn't know about that. There's a lot of money coming from that market. So I still think the Suns would have to go through a long stretch of some rough years before the possibility of moving them would be considered

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I went down there for a Hawks game on MLK Day. You'd think the stands would be packed for Atlanta's biggest holiday.

:lmao

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Jalen Rose is proud of you guys :tu

Florida vs. Arizona in the championship will be a great fuckin coaching matchup :cry

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm still fuckin scared shitless of UCLA if everyone stays next year Venti. They'll have Josh Smith on a workout program this off season which would give them a balanced and loaded front court.

jag
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Its a spoiled sports town. They supported the Braves hard in the early 90s and mid-90s, but when the Braves kept coming up short except for 1995, they basically gave up even when they kept winning divisional titles.

They really packed the house for Vick because he brought them excitement.

The Hawks are a good team, but they're not exciting and they're not going anywhere.

Atlanta fans need something exciting to root for. Being good isn't going to be enough.

I think also it has to do with paying NBA ticket prices which are way more expensive compared to the NFL or MLB. I routinely go to watch sporting events in New Orleans and Houston and the NBA ticket prices are through the roof.

Let's be real here. Atlanta supported the Falcons during the Dirty Bird days and during the Vick days because he was an exciting black QB. Black people are having a hard time rooting for Matt Ryan because in their eyes he took The Messiah's spot on the team. Hawks tickets sell for a fraction of what Falcons tickets cost. You can go to a Hawks game and get decent seats for 1/3 of what you'd pay in San Antonio to see the Spurs. Drop $20 and you've got some pretty good seats. No shit.

The only franchise that has been consistently supported and backed is the Braves. And that's only a certain type of demographic that goes out to those games and spends money on braves gear.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Let's be real here. Atlanta supported the Falcons during the Dirty Bird days and during the Vick days because he was an exciting black QB. Black people are having a hard time rooting for Matt Ryan because in their eyes he took The Messiah's spot on the team. Hawks tickets sell for a fraction of what Falcons tickets cost. You can go to a Hawks game and get decent seats for 1/3 of what you'd pay in San Antonio to see the Spurs. Drop $20 and you've got some pretty good seats. No shit.

The only franchise that has been consistently supported and backed is the Braves. And that's only a certain type of demographic that goes out to those games and spends money on braves gear.

NFL teams are always going to do draw better than in the NBA when you're talking about the South.

Kyle Orton
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
That's also because the Braves are one of the most well run franchises in pro sports (even tho they only have 1 WS to show for it). The Braves wouldn't have that support if they weren't an annual playoff team (which is significant in baseball).

Venti Quattro
03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm still fuckin scared shitless of UCLA if everyone stays next year Venti. They'll have Josh Smith on a workout program this off season which would give them a balanced and loaded front court.

I'm excited for UCLA next year. It's going to be a war between the Bruins and UA next season

jag
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM
That's also because the Braves are one of the most well run franchises in pro sports (even tho they only have 1 WS to show for it). The Braves wouldn't have that support if they weren't an annual playoff team (which is significant in baseball).

That's a good point. The Braves have been backed by the Turners for a long time and there's always been a lot of pressure on the front office to perform well. On the whole, very few middle class people living in Atlanta are actually from Atlanta. They couldn't care less about the local sports franchises.