PDA

View Full Version : Worst announcers

rayjayjohnson
03-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Thread about blazers commentators got me thinking.

Who has the worst announcers?

I'm voting the heat. Those two faggots, particularly the play by play guy are so fucking shit it hurts me. Inane chatter, no understanding of ball and constant lebron, wade and bosh cock stroking.

Honorable mention goes to the raptors ones. to be fair though, it's gotta be tough to commentate raptors.

Ari Gold
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
rockets

lil_penny
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Blazers have the best hands down, very fair, non-homers who know the game of basketball better than john wooden(R.I.P.) as far as the worst i dont know i usually only watch Portland feed

TE
03-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Read my thread. This shouldn't even be a thread. Blazers by far.

rayjayjohnson
03-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Blazers aren't that bad IMO.

Fucking hate Frazier on MSG too, makes watching the Knicks lose eve sweeter right now.

baseline bum
03-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Boston in a landslide.

hitmanyr2k
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
1. Boston - No one can beat Tommy Heinsohn in homerism.

2. Houston - unbearable...they bitch about everything.

3. Portland - at least they still give props to the other team's players so they're not as bad as the Top 2...still pretty damn bad though :lol

New Orleans announcers get a special mention for trying to talk up Chris Paul and slight Derrick Rose every chance they got when the Bulls played the Hornets. It was sickening homerism but they were silenced by the end of the game.

Darth_Pelican
03-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I elect my own team's play by play announcer Bob Licht as the worst. Fucking midget homer who yells "BOTTOM" from the top of his lungs after every Hornets 3 point basket.

redzero
03-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Boston is clearly the worst. Heinsohn is past homerism; he is straight up unprofessional.

Portland definitely gets honorable mention after the announcers freaked out over Ariza's foul on Fernandez two seasons ago.

Jodelo
03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
1. Boston (Hurensohn is just bad)

1b. SA (Sean Elliott is nearly as bad)

2. Rockets

3. Blazers

4. Thunder

Giuseppe
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Yep, he's a complete a-hole.

& he's genuinely bitter about something.

Pelicans78
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
One of my least favorite experience was listenting to Sean Elliott. He was terrible and an annoying homer. He was whining the whole game.

Clyde Drexler and Matt Bullard are both bad. Hard to understand either of them.

The Hornets guys are true homers even though they're not whiny about it.

Matt Harpring of Utah is awful too.

jag
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Best announcers:

Clippers
TWolves
Grizzlies

The Suns are homers but theyre kinda funny. Even after last season I think they still know who daddy is.

Hornets announcers are pretty good, too because they seem to enjoy good, hard-nosed ball.

Jodelo
03-26-2011, 11:39 AM
The Heat ones are not bad either. Their "kaboom" and "look out" is kind of annoying but they are very objective and fair.

Kai
03-26-2011, 12:13 PM
JJ1MTsLHjTk

:lol @ :21

Bito Corleone
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Not team specific, but Reggie Miller is terrible. Listening to him makes my ears bleed.

Fpoonsie
03-26-2011, 12:19 PM
If I wasn't a Spurs fan, pretty sure I'd hate Sean.

Boston wins this in a landslide, though...

sefant77
03-26-2011, 01:25 PM
1. Boston (Hurensohn is just bad)

2. Rockets

3. Blazers

4. Thunder

Good list, i move the Thunder up, terrible homer.

Bucks are pretty bad too. If they win or even lead they make it sound like they are contender.

John Basedow
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
The Heat ones are not bad either. Their "kaboom" and "look out" is kind of annoying but they are very objective and fair.

Eric Reid is alright but Tony Fiorentino is insufferable...he needs to leave this world.

miserableman
03-26-2011, 01:34 PM
These are good and Imma let you finish, but Dominique Wilkins is the worst announcer of all time. ALL TIME!

Cessation
03-27-2011, 04:21 AM
1. Boston geezer Tomy Heinselholf, is by far the worst, on a completely different level.
Drexler, Frazier, and Harpring, bring up the second tier of announcing fail.

jay_shs
03-27-2011, 10:00 AM
LOL, has everyone forgot about the Nuggets (Altitude Sports) announcers during the Melo-Iverson era already?

the Mavericks play by play announcer takes the cake. Have you ever watched Mavs stream games? Mark Followill is consistently the most boring play-by-play in the league (at least out of all the good teams'). His commentation is just...simply...boring. No passion or support for the home team. No enthusiasm. Would hate to live in Dallas. Another boring ass one is the Bucks' play by play, and the Kings'. Those teams suck though.

The best play-by-play announcers are in LA, SA, CHI, etc. LAL's play by play announcer is the best in the biz. Amazing that Bill Land used to be merely his substitute here until the 04-05 season.

baseline bum
03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
LOL, has everyone forgot about the Nuggets (Altitude Sports) announcers during the Melo-Iverson era already?

the Mavericks play by play announcer takes the cake. Have you ever watched Mavs stream games? Mark Followill is consistently the most boring play-by-play in the league (at least out of all the good teams'). His commentation is just...simply...boring. No passion or support for the home team. No enthusiasm. Would hate to live in Dallas. Another boring ass one is the Bucks' play by play, and the Kings'. Those teams suck though.

The best play-by-play announcers are in LA, SA, CHI, etc. LAL's play by play announcer is the best in the biz. Amazing that Bill Land used to be merely his substitute here until the 04-05 season.

Joel Myers was terrible as a Spurs announcer. All he ever did was complain about the officiating. As bad of a homer as Elliott is, Myers was twice that. He seems to have cooled down on his whining since going to LA though.

baseline bum
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
The only color guy I have ever heard even close to as bad as Heinsohn was Calvin Murphy. Drexler's not as bad as he was, is he? (I haven't watched a Houston feed for a game since Murphy left)

Venti Quattro
03-27-2011, 10:43 AM
EjU3nvru9wA

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2011, 12:42 PM

The Bucks announcers were pretty good last night. I was impressed how they called the game with no bias whatsoever. It was straight down the middle with no bitching and they pointed out bad calls on both sides and gave props to players on both sides. They reminded me of the Jazz announcers who also call an unbiased game.

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Boston wins this in a landslide, though...

Ashy Larry
03-27-2011, 02:05 PM

The best play-by-play announcers are in LA, LA, CHI, etc. LAL's play by play announcer is the best in the biz. Amazing that Bill Land used to be merely his substitute here until the 04-05 season.

Fixed it for you ......... Lakers and Clippers have pretty good television and radio teams. Spero is going to be a stud. Mychal Thompson can be brutal at times. Stu Lantz has to be the best color commentator in the game. By listening to him at times, you wouldn't even know if he's on the Lakers' payroll.

I watch the Celtics network just to see Tommy Heinsohn flip the fuck out ...... he's horrible. Mike Gorman on the other hand is pretty damn good. He tries to balance out that shit that spews out of Heinsohn's hole. Completely biased and totally unprofessional. Sean Elliott is not far behind.

baseline bum
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Stu Lantz has to be the best color commentator in the game. By listening to him at times, you wouldn't even know if he's on the Lakers' payroll.

True. You'd think he was part of Kobe's personal harem.

namlook
03-27-2011, 02:41 PM
The two that are obviously really bad are Boston and Portland. These guys are just horrible.

Jelloisjigglin
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
The two that are obviously really bad are Boston and Portland. These guys are just horrible.

To be fair, the Boston play by play guy is very good, one of the best imo. Heinsohn is of course terrible. He's more of an annoying fan then an announcer.

Ashy Larry
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
To be fair, the Boston play by play guy is very good, one of the best imo. Heinsohn is of course terrible. He's more of an annoying fan then an announcer.

Gorman is really good ........

rayjayjohnson
03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
"Big ovation for Shelden Williams. Hasn't scored a point, but had three very good rebounds"

Fucking msg announcers.

namlook
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM

Gorman is reasonable. Heinsohn just absolutely sinks the ship.

DMC
03-28-2011, 10:26 PM
I like some of what Sean does, but he says the same things every game:

"With his mouth open"
"I told him, that corner three" (like he patented it)

What I like about Sean is he dogs on Tim constantly.

Walt Frazier. Love the guy, hate the commentator.

MavDynasty
03-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I like some of what Sean does, but he says the same things every game:

"With his mouth open"
"I told him, that corner three" (like he patented it)

What I like about Sean is he dogs on Tim constantly.

Walt Frazier. Love the guy, hate the commentator.

lol getting unbanned

kdaltcu
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
All the Rockets announcers did during 4th qtr and ot tonight was bitch about officiating. Just call the damn game.

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
i do find that clippers guy and his "slaaaaaaam dunk' and 'the lob, the jam' pretty gay in the face tbh

endrity
01-12-2012, 12:24 AM
From what I've seen Boston is really really bad, but Houston is not far behind.

Minny is probably one of the nicest crews out there, but then again, it's not like they've had a reason to be very biased for a long time.

ElNono
01-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Boston, hands down

Bill_Brasky
01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Heinsohn is a pure faggot.

Rockets announcers complain a lot too.

Sean hasn't been nearly as bad/homery this year. He's even commented on some missed calls that were in our favor, just ending it with "I'll take a bad call our way though".

pass1st
01-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Boston sucks, Portland is pretty bad too. LALs announcers spoil me

endrity
01-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Boston sucks, Portland is pretty bad too. LALs announcers spoil me

Ah yes, Portland. Those guys up there are pretty biased.

I'd say Boston, Houston, Portland is a solid top 3.

Leetonidas
01-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Sean is a massive homer but the dude's a boss. "THAT'S CHICKEN SALAD!" :lmao motherfucker never ceases to make me laugh at his retarded metaphors :lmao

FkLA
01-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Sean hasn't been nearly as bad/homery this year. He's even commented on some missed calls that were in our favor, just ending it with "I'll take a bad call our way though".

Hes always been like that tbh, which is why Ive never understood why people compare him to other blatant homer announcers. Sean intentionally acts like a homer in an attempt at humor... ex. bad call in favor of the Spurs, Sean will say something along the lines of 'I didnt see that' or 'We'll take it' and laugh.

Sportstudi
01-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Boston, Portland, Houston and OKC are by far the worst. Nevertheless, Heinsohn is the epitome of homerism, that's not even worth a discussion. I was glad that the game yesterday was nationally televised and I wasn't forced to listen to that faggot. JVG can be annoying as well, but Heinsohn blews him out of the water.

Sean is also a terrible homer, but these mentioned ones up there are worse than him.

DMC
01-12-2012, 09:58 AM
lol getting unbanned
lol ironic post

WildcardManu
01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Not team specific, but Reggie Miller is terrible. Listening to him makes my ears bleed.

That dude when he gets excited, it sounds as if he's having a mouth orgasm filled with saliva.

tlongII
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
The Lakers announcers suck. They are bland and boring. Are the Blazers announcers biased? Of course! But they're entertaining!

pass1st
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
The Lakers announcers suck. They are bland and boring. Are the Blazers announcers biased? Of course! But they're entertaining!

They are good announcers for people who actually like basketball and care about expert analysis. You must not be much of a Blazer fan if you need the announcers to entertain you :wakeup