PDA

View Full Version : The sad reality of the magic #

roycrikside
03-26-2011, 12:30 AM
LA and Chicago are both playing like far and away the best teams right now and with the schedules they've got I don't know if either will lose the rest of the regular season.

Spurs might very well have to go 7-3 over the final ten to secure HCA throughout playoffs.

Easier said then done considering they still have games @Mem, vs. Bos, vs. Por, @Hou, @Atl, @Phx and @LA.

They have to win at least four of those, plus take care of business at home with Phx, Utah and Sac.

Either way, you can forget about resting Tony and Manu the last couple games. We're gonna need to play til the finish line. HCA over Bulls and Lakers might come down to game 82 at Phoenix.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:32 AM
I think we could win the game at Phoenix but the game before at LA with HCA up for grabs would be a fucking nightmare.

DesignatedT
03-26-2011, 12:32 AM
1 game at a time. We probably win both these games with Duncan in the lineup is the positive to take from this. I mean he still is Tim Duncan and he isn't playing right now.

Lakers still have some tough ones against DAL, POR, DEN, OKC. also

jag
03-26-2011, 12:33 AM
You should put all your thoughts in one thread.

crc21209
03-26-2011, 12:36 AM
LA and Chicago are both playing like far and away the best teams right now and with the schedules they've got I don't know if either will lose the rest of the regular season.

Spurs might very well have to go 7-3 over the final ten to secure HCA throughout playoffs.

Easier said then done considering they still have games @Mem, vs. Bos, vs. Por, @Hou, @Atl, @Phx and @LA.

They have to win at least four of those, plus take care of business at home with Phx, Utah and Sac.

Either way, you can forget about resting Tony and Manu the last couple games. We're gonna need to play til the finish line. HCA over Bulls and Lakers might come down to game 82 at Phoenix.

Fuck the East. Fuck em'. The Spurs need to worry about getting Home-court in the West 1st, before anything else....

SequSpur
03-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Fuck the East. Fuck em'. The Spurs need to worry about getting Home-court in the West 1st, before anything else....

i agree, but the spurs really have no chance against LA unless Kobe breaks an ankle...

he beats the spurs with one hand and the other wrapped all the time....

I don't get it, but it's true...

crc21209
03-26-2011, 12:55 AM
i agree, but the spurs really have no chance against LA unless Kobe breaks an ankle...

Who knows. Crazy things happen. No one thought the Spurs could win in 03' and they took down the all mighty 3-time defending champion....

hommeaetage
03-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Who knows. Crazy things happen. No one thought the Spurs could win in 03' and they took down the all mighty 3-time defending champion....

Yeah, but Tim Duncan was a beast back then. And also we had players that had balls

Mal
03-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I dont know if HCA over Chicago is good. Formula 2-3-2 not neccesarly is good for teams with HCA.

Gooshie
03-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Bullshit. Kobe isnt the one beating us. Its the length of Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest that disrupts us. Kobe is like Emmitt Smith back in the day- great player, but his "offensive line" makes him the most lucky superstar in sports today.

Gooshie
03-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Well, we also swept the Lakers 4-0 in the regular season that year. Much different than this year.

Lakers999
03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Bullshit. Kobe isnt the one beating us. Its the length of Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest that disrupts us. Kobe is like Emmitt Smith back in the day- great player, but his "offensive line" makes him the most lucky superstar in sports today.

ehh....his 26ppg, 5 assist, 5 boards per game all time against you guys tells otherwise

chazley
03-26-2011, 06:12 PM
ehh....his 26ppg, 5 assist, 5 boards per game all time against you guys tells otherwise

I'd prefer for him to average 40ppg against us. The Lakers would be unbeatable if Kobe averaged 20-22 on that team.

Strategic
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I think the Spurs will get 5 wins in the next 7 games. It would be nice to see Popovich loosen up his nut sack and make it as easy as possible for the Spurs to win some games.

Budkin
03-27-2011, 02:49 AM
Magic number is still 7 games for HCA throughout and 6 for Western Conference. Any combination of Spurs wins and Lakers/Bulls losses that total these numbers will lock it up for us. Let's just say both teams run the table the rest of the way, we would indeed need to go 7-3 in our remaining 10. But those guys are going to lose at least 1 or 2 each so we should have a little bit of breathing room.

Budkin
03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Assuming LA doesn't lose again we now have to go 7-3 to finish ahead of them. If they lose once we have to go 6-4. Does anyone think we can realistically do that now with Timmy out at least another 2 games? Fucking Portland and Boston next. Not looking good.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Assuming LA doesn't lose again we now have to go 7-3 to finish ahead of them. If they lose once we have to go 6-4. Does anyone think we can realistically do that now with Timmy out at least another 2 games? Fucking Portland and Boston next. Not looking good.

Lakers arent gonna push for HC with 2 or 3 to play IMO. They don't really care about it. They'll lose a few more..

Mal
03-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Manu also could be out. I really hope Timmy can play next game. Both are winnable @AT&T

Budkin
03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Lakers arent gonna push for HC with 2 or 3 to play IMO. They don't really care about it. They'll lose a few more..

They will if it's just within their grasp, especially if they only have to beat the Spurs in the second to last game. Why wouldn't they?

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
4 game lead with 9 to play if Lakers win tonight. Great position to be in

Relax everyone..

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
They will if it's just within their grasp, especially if they only have to beat the Spurs in the second to last game. Why wouldn't they?

4 game lead with 9 to play if Lakers win tonight. Great position to be in

Relax everyone..

itzsoweezee
03-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Lol, you're on drugs.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Lol, you're on drugs.

You'd rather be down 4 games with 9 to play?

Fuckin chill

itzsoweezee
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
You'd rather be down 4 games with 9 to play?

Fuckin chill

Lol @ you resorting to delusions.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Lol @ you resorting to delusions.

You have a fuckin point or are you just trolling??

Off the bat 3 games here i am incredibly confident Spurs win... I bet they get a split of the next 2.. Everyone is over-reacting..

Mon 28 vs Portland
Thu 31 vs Boston
Fri 01 @ Houston
Sun 03 vs Phoenix
Tue 05 @ Atlanta
Wed 06 vs Sacramento
Sat 09 vs Utah
Tue 12 @ LA Lakers
Wed 13 @ Phoenix

Budkin
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Can we go 7-3 in that stretch? I just don't see it. Especially with Tim (and now Manu possibly) out.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Can we go 7-3 in that stretch? I just don't see it. Especially with Tim (and now Manu possibly) out.

Only 9 games left.. And stop assuming LAkers are running the table..

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 08:22 PM
it is 5-4 to tie

Chill out..

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
lol skerred

mytespurs
03-27-2011, 08:25 PM
the sad reality is that it may not matter what position Spurs are in if they continue on this downward spiral......they may not even make it out of the first round. :downspin:

jay_shs
03-27-2011, 08:30 PM
1 game at a time. We probably win both these games with Duncan in the lineup is the positive to take from this. I mean he still is Tim Duncan and he isn't playing right now.

Lakers still have some tough ones against DAL, POR, DEN, OKC. also
All but the Portland game is at home for them though.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Off the bat i expect a spirited and angry effort against Blazers tomorrow night.. Shorthanded i know but still.. We'll be fine..

TampaDude
03-27-2011, 09:39 PM
The Lakers will win out. I don't understand why people don't realize this.

Budkin
03-27-2011, 09:41 PM

I actually think they'll lose against Portland. But that's it.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 09:44 PM

Why are they a lock to win out?

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I actually think they'll lose against Portland. But that's it.

This. We might lose to OKC at home too. Either way, Lakers are gonna win 60

itzsoweezee
03-27-2011, 09:50 PM
You have a fuckin point or are you just trolling??

Off the bat 3 games here i am incredibly confident Spurs win... I bet they get a split of the next 2.. Everyone is over-reacting..

Mon 28 vs Portland
Thu 31 vs Boston
Fri 01 @ Houston
Sun 03 vs Phoenix
Tue 05 @ Atlanta
Wed 06 vs Sacramento
Sat 09 vs Utah
Tue 12 @ LA Lakers
Wed 13 @ Phoenix

Lol, well that settles everything. Thanks Nostrodamus.

It's not like the Spurs are nose-diving and the Bulls and Lakers are beating everyone in their path. Everyone settle down, repeat after me: "trust in Bonner".

TampaDude
03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Why are they a lock to win out?

Have you seen them lately??? They have FLIPPED THE SWITCH. They are firing on all cylinders now and their defense is absolutely suffocating. Barring an injury to one of their key players, the Lakers will lose no more than 2-3 games in the playoffs, and will win the title again this year. It's a fact.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Have you seen them lately??? They have FLIPPED THE SWITCH. They are firing on all cylinders now and their defense is absolutely suffocating. Barring an injury to one of their key players, the Lakers will lose no more than 2-3 games in the playoffs, and will win the title again this year. It's a fact.

Either you are trying to jinx the Lakers or you are one depressed Spurs fan..

TampaDude
03-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Either you are trying to jinx the Lakers or you are one depressed Spurs fan..

Neither...just stating a fact. I have accepted the fact that the Lakers will ring again this year, and that the Spurs will go home early. Most everyone else on here is still in denial.

mytespurs
03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Neither...just stating a fact. I have accepted the fact that the Lakers will ring again this year, and that the Spurs will go home early. Most everyone else on here is still in denial.

I guess it's good idea to prep for the possible inevitable but my concern is for the Spurs and right now, they don't look nor play like a championship caliber team so I would tend to agree with you. The malaise will pass.......

crc21209
03-27-2011, 11:06 PM

:lol The Lakers still have Dallas, OKC, and Portland. They wont win out. They could care less about using even more energy to try and get the #1 seed....

crc21209
03-27-2011, 11:07 PM
either you are trying to jinx the lakers or you are one depressed spurs fan..

+1.

duncan228
03-28-2011, 01:33 AM
Spurs' skid has Lakers thinking big (http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-293878-fisher-jackson.html)
By Kevin Ding
The Orange County Register

Lakers coach Phil Jackson isn't focusing the Lakers' quest for it, but he said before the team's game against New Orleans on Sunday night: "All things are possible in this game."

Jackson was talking about the Lakers maybe rallying all the way past San Antonio for the best record in the NBA.

After the Spurs' loss in Memphis on Sunday, the Lakers went into their game with New Orleans knowing a victory over the Hornets would leave the Lakers just four games behind San Antonio (57-16).

The Spurs have nine games left, but seven of them are against teams with winning records — and one is against the Lakers at Staples Center on April 12.

Jackson said the Lakers are not plotting to pass the Spurs, who expect to have Tim Duncan (ankle) back for some final regular-season games.

Manu Ginobili sat out the second half Sunday night because of a bruised left thigh.

"We're just talking about trying to finish second," Jackson said.

The Lakers face Dallas, just behind them for the second spot in the West on Thursday at Staples Center.

However, the Lakers almost surely have the tiebreaker over the Mavericks.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-293878-fisher-jackson.html

Budkin
03-28-2011, 01:38 AM
See, just what I said. The Lakers smell blood now and they are going to go all out to rip it from our grasp.

polandprzem
03-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Off the bat i expect a spirited and angry effort against Blazers tomorrow night.. Shorthanded i know but still.. We'll be fine..

Uhhh what?

We lost 3 in a row, and all of sudden spurs gonna play angry and spirited :lol

Just because :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
03-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Didn't i see you calling Spurs a lock to win it all a few months ago? :lol

dbreiden83080
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Uhhh what?

We lost 3 in a row, and all of sudden spurs gonna play angry and spirited :lol

Just because :rolleyes

Holy shit. You guys just wanna jump off a cliff don't you?

Try this.. Support your team and stop bitching and moaning

You know Go Spurs Go.. Huh how about that???

Mugen
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Didn't i see you calling Spurs a lock to win it all a few months ago? :lol

:lol He was probably the biggest homer on this board up until these last 3 games.

But i guess the Lakers cakewalk schedule and the Spurs losing 3 close games against playoff teams without Tim made him realize that the Spurs have absolutely have no chance anymore....