PDA

View Full Version : 10 games left- Remaining Schedule

crc21209
03-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Alright everyone there's 10 games left in the Season. After tonight's embarrasing tough loss, it's time to nut up as Spurs fans and believe damn it. Now if I'm calculating this right, we are up 5 games on the Lakers for the #1 seed in the West, which would mean the Spurs need to win 6 of the remaining 10 games to wrap up home-court (Assuming L.A goes undefeated the rest of the way). Now if you think the Spurs can win 6 of the 10 games, name which games they will win to lock up the 1 seed....

Here's the remaining schedule for the Spurs (57-15):

Sun, Mar 27 @Memphis
Mon, Mar 28 vsPortland
Thu, Mar 31 vsBoston
Fri, Apr 1 @Houston
Sun, Apr 3 vsPhoenix
Tue, Apr 5 @Atlanta
Wed, Apr 6 vsSacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vsUtah
Tue, Apr 12 @Los Angeles
Wed, Apr 13 @Phoenix

And here's the Lakers (52-20) remaining schedule:

Sun, Mar 27 vsNew Orleans
Thu, Mar 31 vsDallas
Fri, Apr 1 @Utah
Sun, Apr 3 vsDenver
Tue, Apr 5 vsUtah
Wed, Apr 6 @Golden State
Fri, Apr 8 @Portland
Sun, Apr 10 vsOklahoma City
Tue, Apr 12 vsSan Antonio
Wed, Apr 13 @Sacramento

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:36 AM
i honestly think we go 8-0 or 7-1 in the next eight. I fucking hate the coach right now. But I still like this team.

TXstbobcat
03-26-2011, 12:38 AM
I think that the spurs can win these 6 games.

Sun, Mar 27 @Memphis
Fri, Apr 1 @Houston
Sun, Apr 3 vsPhoenix
Tue, Apr 5 @Atlanta
Wed, Apr 6 vsSacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vsUtah

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:40 AM
i honestly think we go 8-0 or 7-1 in the next eight. I fucking hate the coach right now. But I still like this team.

8-0? Seriously? Wins feel miles away for me right now. Probably because I'm in such a shitass negative mood. Unfortunately my wife is asleep right now so there's no action to offset the pain. I guess I'll take it out on some necromorph bitches in Dead Space 2.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:41 AM
I think that the spurs can win these 6 games.

Sun, Mar 27 @Memphis
Fri, Apr 1 @Houston
Sun, Apr 3 vsPhoenix
Tue, Apr 5 @Atlanta
Wed, Apr 6 vsSacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vsUtah

I'm not sure about Memphis but we're going to win at home against Portland... especially after tonight.

DesignatedT
03-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Well lock it up APR 6 or APR 9 giving the guys 2 or 3 games of rest before the playoffs.

Going into the LA game I see us going 5-3 at the worst and LA going 6-2 maybe 7-1 at the best.

Not sure about Chicago though.

alchemist
03-26-2011, 12:44 AM
honestly the only games I'm confident about are these:

Sun, Apr 3 vs Phoenix
Wed, Apr 6 vs Sacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vs Utah

everything else appears to be a toss up, and the Lakers won't lose more than 2 games maybe even less

crc21209
03-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I think the Spurs win 6 out of these next 8, which ones I'm not exactly sure....

Sun, Mar 27 @Memphis
Mon, Mar 28 vsPortland
Thu, Mar 31 vsBoston
Fri, Apr 1 @Houston
Sun, Apr 3 vsPhoenix
Tue, Apr 5 @Atlanta
Wed, Apr 6 vsSacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vsUtah

DesignatedT
03-26-2011, 12:47 AM
everything else appears to be a toss up, and the Lakers won't lose more than 2 games maybe even less

If they go 8-2(which seems like a fair number since they still have some tough games) we'd still have to go 3-7 for them to catch us. It won't happen. Saying that, we need to clinch this shit as soon as possible so we can get some guys some rest before the playoffs start.

Yao明
03-26-2011, 12:54 AM
The spurs are just able to hit 5-5 or less without Duncan

mexicanjunior
03-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Only games we win will be at home against Phoenix, Sacramento and Utah...the rest are losses.

Mugen
03-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Only games we win will be at home against Phoenix, Sacramento and Utah...the rest are losses.

:lmao

mexicanjunior
03-26-2011, 01:15 AM

:lol

Mugen
03-26-2011, 01:18 AM
:lol

:rollini'm just shocked you think the Spurs will still win a game this season:rollin

TE
03-26-2011, 01:21 AM
After cooling down from meltdown mode, I've reasoned the Spurs should be able to close out the season with HCA. This loss, in some way, will help the Spurs wake up. Losing like that won't happen again. I'll bet my two arms on it.

mexicanjunior
03-26-2011, 01:22 AM
:rollini'm just shocked you think the Spurs will still win a game this season:rollin

If Tim is out those games, they will lose those also...

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:24 AM

Poor troll attempt...:lol

mexicanjunior
03-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Poor troll attempt...:lol

Until they show they can beat a decent team without Tim, no reason to think otherwise...

Mugen
03-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Until they show they can beat a decent team without Tim, no reason to think otherwise...

Solid take :toast

Tinystarz
03-26-2011, 01:28 AM
I didn't think the spurs would crash and burn like this.

mexicanjunior
03-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Solid take :toast

:toast

crc21209
03-26-2011, 01:46 AM

True, but if I would've told you that the Spurs would go into Denver and Portland (who are both hot teams) without Tim Duncan and had the chance to win the game in the final minute, you would be fucking ecstatic. Just the fact that the Spurs didnt get their asses handed to them tonight was pretty impressive. The Blazers are a fucking beast team at home...

DesignatedT
03-26-2011, 01:49 AM
I didn't think the spurs would crash and burn like this.

crash and burn? It's a 2 game losing streak without Duncan :lol

Cane
03-26-2011, 01:51 AM
After cooling down from meltdown mode, I've reasoned the Spurs should be able to close out the season with HCA. This loss, in some way, will help the Spurs wake up. Losing like that won't happen again. I'll bet my two arms on it.

I agree that the Spurs could use a solid kick in the ass which a gut-wrenching loss like this one provided. Especially for the Spurs vets specifically Parker, Manu, and Pop.

True, but if I would've told you that the Spurs would go into Denver and Portland (who are both hot teams) without Tim Duncan and had the chance to win the game in the final minute, you would be fucking ecstatic. Just the fact that the Spurs didnt get their asses handed to them tonight was pretty impressive. The Blazers are a fucking beast team at home...

:toast

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 01:56 AM
I hate it when they piss games away like the last two. Annoying. It is true that Denver and Portland are very tough at home.

Blowing both in the last 30 seconds sucks big time. I'm starting to get concerned about the confidence level sagging and blowing more winnable games and making the final ten difficult.

The weird thing is if Memphis ends up in the 8th spot and SA stays at 1, SA could have a tougher series than playing New Orleans out of 2nd seed.

I have a feeling NO may drop right out of the POs now that West is gone for the year. NO could be easy pickings now if they make it.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 02:00 AM
yup i agree with the rest, i feel like if we kept winning with bonner playing thirty minutes and duncan cruising we would lose because pop wouldn't have confidence in tiago to play him if we got in trouble. i think we would have just flat out choked we needed to have a slump and pull together.

this is a hell of a crash course for my man tiago to step in and play a huge part of this team on both ends of the floor. we barely lost and it was straight up pops fault . all i know is the fans are now ready to let pop know if they dont see tiago in the playoffs. i know when i go see the playoff games ill be letting pop know to play tiago (im by the bench)

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 02:04 AM
and these teams are celebrating their wins against us w/our franchise player out!!! lol so while they played a great game (give port. credit) they will definitely be made our bottom bitch with timmy back and tiago's heart off the bench. it needs to be tim/dice and tiago/blair off the bench i know we can go all the way with that lineup and the way bonners choking every game pop seems to finally be giving in

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 02:05 AM

You are correct about the competition the last 2 games. I'm still angry that they had both games right there for the taking and blew it. Now is not the time to lose confidence.

SA needs to wipe the floor with somebody soon.

It would be a shame to have a big swoon now after such a great season so far. The piece of crap ex Baylor player from Golden State (Udoh?) snuck up under Duncan and screwed that ankle up. Messed us up big time.

Spurs Brazil
03-26-2011, 08:30 AM
@Memphis
vsPortland
vsBoston
vsPhoenix
@Atlanta
vsSacramento
vsUtah
@Phoenix

8-2 and LA will lose 2 or 3 games, one of them the last one, Kings last game in Sacramento

Mal
03-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Screw schedule, when Duncan is coming back ?

roycrikside
03-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Here's the remaining schedule for the Spurs (57-15):

Sun, Mar 27 @Memphis
Mon, Mar 28 vsPortland
Thu, Mar 31 vsBoston
Fri, Apr 1 @Houston
Sun, Apr 3 vsPhoenix
Tue, Apr 5 @Atlanta
Wed, Apr 6 vsSacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vsUtah
Tue, Apr 12 @Los Angeles
Wed, Apr 13 @Phoenix

And here's the Lakers (52-20) remaining schedule:

Sun, Mar 27 vsNew Orleans
Thu, Mar 31 vsDallas
Fri, Apr 1 @Utah
Sun, Apr 3 vsDenver
Tue, Apr 5 vsUtah
Wed, Apr 6 @Golden State
Fri, Apr 8 @Portland
Sun, Apr 10 vsOklahoma City
Tue, Apr 12 vsSan Antonio
Wed, Apr 13 @Sacramento

Here's what I would do... I'd rest Manu and Tony for the Memphis game. Just sit 'em, give 'em the night off. It benefits us to have Memphis as the 7th seed and NO without West as the 8th seed anyway.

Then I'd throw the kitchen sink vs. the Blazers the next night, Mon the 28th. I really think all seven games from Mar. 28-April 9. vs. Utah are quite winnable and we're going to have to win all seven to get HCA throughout playoffs.

Unlike the OP and some of the commentators here, I don't see a loss in LA's schedule and maybe one in Chicago's. We're going to have to go 7-3 or at least 6-4 to wrap this up. I'm hopeful if we win those middle six or seven games, then we can rest everyone for that last two game road trip @LA and @Phx.

If we need one more win in those last two games, then again, I'd sit everyone at LA and go for broke at Phx.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM

You want a redo or anything? :downspin:

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM

Ummm...yeah...I told you so.

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 10:23 PM

For those that laughed at this prediction...I effing told you so...

tlongII
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Mexjr with the goods.