PDA

View Full Version : Time to check your perspective

Halberto
03-26-2011, 12:39 AM
It's only a two-game losing streak that occurred on the road, against good teams and with each game being decided by one basket. We're 57-15!!!!! Relax. Duncan will be back before the playoffs and our team isn't even in a stage that other teams would call a slump.

One positive: Splitter is getting time and producing. Maybe he is giving pop some confidence in him.

My god people, lighten up.

SequSpur
03-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Dude, I agree, but this is the place to vent, so deal with it....

I think it's great Splitter is playing, he played Aldridge well and did some great things, so yep, I agree....

But just think, if fucking Pop would've played Splitter all season long and Novak, we would be undefeated....WTF? Pop should be fired immediately...

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:45 AM
At least Splitter is playing and playing well now. This would never have happened without Timmy going down.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 01:31 AM
I can't believe the crap of Manu and Parker completely melting down tonight at the end. They have got to get it together immediately. To bust your butt for 47 minutes and just implode and piss the game away is going to shake this groups confidence - especially without Duncan.

Aborting tonights game like a bunch of idiots is ridiculous. The margin of error is really small now with a lot of tough games coming up in the last 10.

If SA could figure out a way to play NO in the first round they would have a chance to get this thing clicking again with Duncan out there.

SA must play angry the next two nights. If they can win the next two they should stay on top of the WC.

I'm glad I didn't watch this thing while it was going on. I would have put a brick through my TV.

DPG21920
03-26-2011, 08:43 AM
This sounds EXACTLY like Mav talk. "Dudes, we went 20-3 with all three losses being by one point only. There are no problems, WE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED!".

easy7
03-26-2011, 09:07 AM
IMHO, I think that the two loses were winnable games and turnovers at the end just killed any chances of winning. The main thing that these two loses prove is what we already know; that this team is not ready to make a championship run without Duncan. So I am not panicking. Just saying... :hat

silverblackfan
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Splitter is improving with every game. The only reason I can see the lack of playing time, when healthy, is that Pop does not want to give too much film to other teams.
Here's to hoping we see a Splitter + Tim lineup sometime in the play offs...:toast

boutons_deux
03-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Perspective FACTS:

As always, teams that started poorly and had plenty of bad streaks start coming together and playing focused, intense ball in March. DTPAM, decent teams, esp shooting for the lower playoff seeds, PAM.

Spurs have a well-under-.500 record against playoff teams since mid-Feb

CHI L
OKC W
MEM W
MEM L
MIA W
LAL L
MIA L
DAL W
DEN L
POR L

4 - 6

Playoff teams remaining
@MEM
POR
BOS
@LAL

I fear these late season losses are due to the Spurs resting on their fools' gold record, thinking they got HCA locked up (as they intended from day one, congrats). Assuming LAL goes undefeated, the Spurs' HCA is definitely at risk. Starting the WCF in LA is a terrible prospect, combined with how LAL destroyed the Spurs by 30 @ATT.

The Spurs MUST use these two Ls into re-focusing, and developing hard-assed intensity

DPG21920
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Why does everyone keep saying that? That is the concerning thing. They are playing hard and they are losing. They can't find the juice. It's not like they aren't trying.

Fireball
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Why does everyone keep saying that? That is the concerning thing. They are playing hard and they are losing. They can't find the juice. It's not like they aren't trying.

So what are they gonna do about it? Do you know that? I don't. So hope and belief is everything thats left. Hope that Duncan is healthy in the playoffs, Tiago gets playing time and belief that Manu and Tony show more leadership by not turning the ball over 10+ times ...

SnakeBoy
03-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I fear these late season losses are due to the Spurs resting on their fools' gold record, thinking they got HCA locked up

Yeah I'm sure that's it and that these two losses have nothing to do with TD being out.

DPG21920
03-26-2011, 11:37 AM
So what are they gonna do about it? Do you know that? I don't. So hope and belief is everything thats left. Hope that Duncan is healthy in the playoffs, Tiago gets playing time and belief that Manu and Tony show more leadership by not turning the ball over 10+ times ...

What do you mean? They go and play the game. But fans that say "these losses will make them try!" are fooling themselves.

They are trying, they look out of gas. I too hope the can magically fix their season long problems that have gotten worse as the playoffs near.

I too hope that Tiago gets time even though he hasn't for no good reason all year until he had to because Tim was hurt.

The Spurs are a great team, but these losses show what I am saying. You can't just dismiss every bad game and bad play, especially when it has gone on for months.

I hope they have another level, but the signs aren't showing that at the moment. The team has real big problems, and I just don't understand why people act like the losses will make them try harder. They are playing hard and that is not the problem IMO. The problem is the lack of gas.

DPG21920
03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
It's also not about just these two losses for anyone who has been watching. The team has gone backwards since the beginning of the year in level of play. RJ has regressed on both ends and Manu has really struggled as well. It's not just some slump. It's gone on for a while with no progress made.

Harry Callahan
03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Season low for FTs taken and made. 19 Turnovers. Missed traveling calls.

It's very frustriating for this to happen along with Duncan's injury and the stupid loss in Denver.

In all honesty, it is more important to get Duncan back and ready for the playoffs than to have the first or second seed.

The Lakers will have to extend a big effort to essentially run the table (which means going 9-1 or 10-0 to finish up). The good news is that could lead to extended minutes, fatigue or even injuries. There is a price to be paid to do this.

A healthy Spurs team can win out in LA. That is the key.

BTW, I contacted a Voodoo Priest in New Orleans while on business down there this week and lets just say don't be surprised if something bad happens to someone in Royal Blue and Gold.

Fireball
03-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I also not like this " they will learn from this loss" stuff. They obviously learned how to better defend Aldridge, but as last years playoffs showed, fixing one problem only brings up another (each loss had different reasons Phoenix (one time fast breaks one time offensive rebounding, the other time Goran Dragic went nuts).

Spurs are better than last year, but the sad thing is now everyone will have to play their normal minutes till the end of the regular season to lock up HCA. I see no chance for resting Manu & Co., so the "out of gas" problem cannot be solved before the playoffs start ...

Mugen
03-26-2011, 12:47 PM
it doesn't help that 99% of the offense is generated from TP or Manu....

Of course these guys are gassed by the end of the 4th because the spurs have absolutely nobody outside of those two that can create their own shot....

RJ/Hill should be capable of doing so but they so scared to fuck up that it really takes its toll on our closers...

jimo2305
03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
It's also not about just these two losses for anyone who has been watching. The team has gone backwards since the beginning of the year in level of play. RJ has regressed on both ends and Manu has really struggled as well. It's not just some slump. It's gone on for a while with no progress made.

thank you.. it really irritates me when i come on these forums and read something along the lines of "lolz.. we may have lost but we are the spurz".. some ppl on here really need to get a clue

xellos88330
03-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Would we all still be overreacting to the Portland loss if Tlong wasn't here?

Just curious. It seems that most are more interested in being able to trash talk than what actually went wrong in the games.

Seventyniner
03-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Regular season tells you basically nothing. The Lakers struggled a lot last year in April and won the title anyway. The Spurs of 2004 had won their last 11 regular season games, swept Memphis in the 1st round, and went up 2-0 on the Lakers before coming apart at the seams.

The regular season is still a decent predictor of playoff success, but only decent. I don't think the Spurs winning last night would give them any greater chances of winning in the playoffs, unless the Lakers happen to catch the Spurs.

Brazil
03-26-2011, 03:41 PM
This meltdown is pretty stupid. Before the game the vast majority here was saying we will loose by 30 pts then Spurs pulled a good game untill the last minute of the game and this is the end of the world.

LakerHater
03-26-2011, 03:45 PM
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/46.gif